Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gladiators!::Approach Anxiety Competition!

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE

The start date is still February 28th 2011.

Current Participants: 16 (task's will be posted 2-3 days before the start of the first week)

AAAgent
sesshoDevrim
Gray The Prince
Stryker
Guinea Pig
Deicide --(kind of iffy about you. you've been consistently approaching it seems but by your earlier statement i guess if its for betterment than i'll allow it)
Feedline
Pierce
Angelo
Flint
powpow
umirinbrah
Ease
Shivastorm_88
xs_

Last edited:

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking for a few more who are willing to stand through this trial.

Optimally, it'd be nice to have 16-20+ people.

Will post the first task for review and preparation in the next couple of days.

xs_

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know I'll regret not joining in. So put me up. Hopefully the competition will help me get out of the comfort zone.

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
UPDATE

The start date is still February 28th 2011.

Current Participants: 14 (task's will be posted 2-3 days before the start of the first week)

AAAgent
sesshoDevrim
Gray The Prince
Stryker
Guinea Pig
Deicide --(kind of iffy about you. you've been consistently approaching it seems but by your earlier statement i guess if its for betterment than i'll allow it)
Feedline
Pierce
Angelo
Flint
powpow
umirinbrah
Ease
Shivastorm_88
Just whatever you think, I'm fine with it either way. I've had one date this week with one girl, and I have another one with a different girl Friday, so everything is transitioning well it seems. My approach anxieties are worse about approaching 2/3/4 sets and moving targets. Just seeing a girl by herself on a corner isn't so bad.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This weeks task is to:

Make at least 1 approach(female) or possibly 2 and attempt to number close. This can be done in any setting, night, day, etc.

If you are successful with the first attempt at getting the number you have completed the task and are finished. Anything else is extra.

If you are denied the number you must cold approach and attempt to number close a second person. As long as you complete 2 approaches (either 1 fail and 1 success or 2 fails) or 1 initial successful approach you will have succeeded in this week's task. Failure to do any approaches will result in 1 elimination.

Gladiators are allowed two eliminations before they are fully expelled from the games, essentially being double elimination.

You are only required to make a maximum of 2 attempts or a minimum of 1 successful attempt so each participant MUST document in this forum exactly:

1.) Where they approached.
2.) What they said.
3.) The response they were given.
4.) Anything else noteworthy.

This is so other participants including YOU, can learn from their mistake, other's mistakes, and successes.

Participants are still welcomed until the end of the first week. If you join midway through the task you still have to complete the task by the same time as everyone else.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AAAgent said:
Lets Aim to Start this February 28th 2011.

Current Participants:

AAAgent
sesshoDevrim
Gray The Prince
Stryker
Guinea Pig
Deicide
Feedline
Pierce
Angelo
Flint
powpow
umirinbrah
Ease
Add my screen name to this list. AA you better be ready for me!

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Current Participants: 16 (task's will be posted 2-3 days before the start of the first week)

You can start anytime.

AAAgent
sesshoDevrim
Gray The Prince
Stryker
Guinea Pig
Deicide
Feedline
Pierce
Angelo
Flint
powpow
umirinbrah
Ease
Shivastorm_88
xs_
Robyn923b

Pierce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, Glad to know about this. I'm definately down. How long do we have to complete the task?

powpow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
decide to walk to the grocery rather than ride my bike. its raining. about a 10 minute walk both ways. wearing some baller clothes. looking buff today wearing classic style, long black moleskin coat, scarf, hair did, nails did, everything did. keep in mind Im a white guy in japan, so everything I say is in Japanese, which I am not good at. so add some kind of accent and take out all of the particles in everything I say to give you full effect.

approach 1 - 6 - mid to late twenties - megafail
approach a girl as she is waiting for the light to change. I tell her I like her shoes. she completely ignores me. I look at her kind of confused. she pulls down her hood, and pulls out her earphones and looks kind of annoyed. I said, "oh! yeah sorry I didnt notice you were listening to music. I wanted to tell you I like your shoes. look warm, Im really jealous. girls only right? (they were those big fur boots that seem to be really popular here). She pretty much blew me off. said, oh yeah, thanks, and put the earphones back in. awkward.

approach 2 - 7 - late teens, early 20s - utter success

I notice this girl, dressed really cute, no umbrella. its starting to rain kind of hard at this point.

me - sweetheart wheres your umbrella? it seems to be raining. big smile
her - haha, I left it at home. I didnt think it was going to rain today
me - hahaha, japan weather likes to change its mind huh
her - laugh, big smile, eye contact, no words
pause
me - hey where are you going?
her - to the station, you?
me - going to the super. its on the way for you. kinda weird but if you want you can walk with me at least to there. then, in a very american accent, in english, I say, I am nice guy. (with a big smile) then switch back to japanese and say akujin ja nai. akujin is a very funny word meaning evil person. people laugh every time.
her - EH??!!!!! japanese girls do this when they are really surprised, kind of like, I cant believe youre doing this right now
me - yeah? big smile
her - no words, just trots over under my umbrella
BAM KINO ESCALATION. I hold the umbrella only over me, make her come closer hahahaha what a **** move I know
me - going to the station huh? what do you have planned on this day with such good weather?
her - Im just meeting a friend. nothing special
me - oh... one of your many boyfriends huh?
her - actually hes my friends friend. he likes me, but I dont really like him much (oh hell yeah, is this a hint? yes. yes it is)
me - oh is he cute? good hair? pretty face? cool shoes maybe?
her - laugh
me - hey **** that, lets go karaoke (karaoke is super popular here)
her - that EHHH??!!! thing again
me - Im serious (I use a local dialect here because I think its funny)
her - no no no I have to meet him. my friend would kill me
me - no no no its raining. call him, say you caught a cold. can you sing english songs? avril lavigne?
her - stops walking, looks at me, I think to see if Im full of **** or not.
me - walk a few steps away (isolating her from the umbrellas safety hahahaha). smile, and motion her to come on
she smiles, comes to me, tells me to hold on, walks into a bookstore, calls her stupid pal, comes out. we go karaoke.

I had a really good time. Told her I wanna see her again. Got her number, and hug close. For fun I grab her wrist while she hugs me, and pull her in a little, then break and part ways.

good time. glad I joined this competition

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good success story powpow! I swear I thought you were Asian, haha. The last thing in my mind was you being white. Out of curiosity: what are you doing in Tokyo?

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice powpow. doesn't seem like you have much AA haha but nonetheless well done.

If you had any issues what were they and if there were any things that made it easier for you, what were they?

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start on monday (or earlier if you can as some people started yesterday due to time zone differences) and you must post by sunday 11:59pm.

Philw82

Reaction score
I think its easy to beat Approach Anxiety. If you wait for eye contact and make sure the chick is choosing you. Its relatively easy because she already likes you.

If a chick isnt even paying you any mind then why step to her. If a chick is already choosing you then its easy to step to her.

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had an approach this morning on an HB 7 Middle Eastern woman, but I choked. Knowing I needed to number close made me so nervous about everything. I need to relax and not worry about number closing because these things went through my head(OMG, she's going to know I'm hitting on her, people will know I'm doing PU, she'll tell her friends, etc...). I had a decent opener "Hey, you must be in a sorority", then after 30 seconds of convo she left because I kept repeating myself. But, I won't count that as a rejection. I'm going to get 2 real rejections with a number close attempt or I'm getting a number. I was quite upset with myself over this.