Girls truely live in their own universe....

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today I had a really interesting experience. A good female friend of mine was really out of it, crying actually over some rejection.

We talked abit about it and it turned out she had called the guy "CUTE". That was the first compliment she gave him. Now atleast in my native language the word cute is _NOT_ a good compliment on males as most of you should know because it's very neutral AND it is somewhat feminine. Then she got angry at me for saying she fvcked up abit for calling him cute. This later turned into a discussion on selfesteem and selfconfidence where I tried to make her understand that most guys have too big an ego and that words like cute or stuff like that will make a guy insecure. Selfconfidence is one of the most attractive qualities of a man according to her and another girl we know.

I find this most interesting and funny. She got ANGRY because nothing happened with the guy and because I said that calling him CUTE was not a good call... Then she goes onto complain about if the word cute really fvcks up his selfconfidence that "much" she wouldn't be interested anyways. This was a hard discussion because at the same time as I wanted to try and make her understand the male mindset and general society I had a hard time not getting amused by her naitivity. Luckily for me our common female friend really agreed on what I said and understod what I was trying to say.

I'm just gonna say goodgame girls! :D :D

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand your approach here, but
you're not really speaking for all guys. If she called me 'cute' I would consider it a compliment. It wouldn't bother my self-confidence at all !

Rondavu

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with Charm here. "Cute" is one of the dirty words. Right along with calling you "Nice", "Silly", "Great", and some others I can't recall at the moment. It's definately one of the least dirty of the dirty words, but a dirty word none the less. It sets off a trigger response in a man. If a woman calls me cute my back off instinct kicks in. For a moment I feel disrespected. Is it rational? Maybe not but it still happens. I woman that wants to understand men needs to know this and accept it as the reality it is. Tell her to trash the word cute. Men are not Puppies or Kittens. Cute is this case from this woman sounds like an irresponsible hesitation towards conviction, also known as she's a scaredy cat. Hesitation from lack of self esteem on the part of the woman and hesitation rooted from a hard line of not desiring the man can easily be confused. This is self evident. They are so different. Tell your "girl" friend how the word "cute" equates to sending mixed signals.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust me, I tried for along time to explain her this but she wouldn't budge. She actually got so mad at me and thought I was insensitive. She didn't understand the concept that CUTE is antimasculine and actually for many will turn boys more into friendmode because it demotes and belittles a mans masculinity and with most boys their ego is fragile and will turn their selfconfidence down several notches and will often make them think she has no romantic interest in them or for some it can actually be so severe as to turn them off of her.

I DID get her to realize ONE thing though. Life is too important to worry about and that she should try and give a fvck about it so she doesn't get this hurt by a simple clubrejection.

One thing I did bad when trying to explain it all to her though was my overgeneralization. I tend to overgeneralize because I expect people to understand which group i'm generalizing :D

OzzyBoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't be bothered if someone called me cute i would take it as a compliment but i can understand why it might be a problem with some people - i used to get annoyed when i have been called cute before because i thought they were just saying to be 'nice' and didn't mean it but i think it has to do with self esteem.

Rondavu

Don Juan
Reaction score
I gave it some more thought and I realized that it depends on how it's said. If she sais "Your cute" higher pitched and fast winded it might mean something different than if she draws it out low and sensualy. What a Fvcking cute mess. Has it really come to this petty point men? It stems from us trying to read women and them throwing a changeup that looks like a fastball. The word "Cute" is just an offspeed pitch that we've swung at before and been way out ahead of. It makes us weary about biting at it in the future. For the love of god I just busted out baseball metaphors.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Usually when a girl calls YOU cute, it means something different than when she's talking to someone else and says "he's cute".