Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend and I on a freeze out after I ignored her, now what?

Novuh

Reaction score
GF of 3 years had been distant over the past 2 weeks, replying slowly over texts when she used to reply fast so the other day I got tired of it and just straight up ignored her all day. and now we're on a freeze out with neither one of us willing to text the other.

what do I do from here? I really wanna break up with her over this behavior but at the same time I want it to work out. any advice?

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
Women don't honor men who don't honor themselves.

If you don't dump her.. you are disrespecting yourself.

Novuh

Reaction score
Damn this hurts a lot, was optimistic that it might work out but deep down I know what I have to do.

how should I dump her? should I go to her house in person and do it there or just text her?

Urbanyst

Banned
Reaction score
Damn this hurts a lot, was optimistic that it might work out but deep down I know what I have to do.

how should I dump her? should I go to her house in person and do it there or just text her?
Does it matter?

The result will be the same. You will be the jerk no matter what. That's how it goes. Just get it done so you can move on.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Just go no contact first. See how long it takes her to hit you up. If it's more than a few days, you have your answer. Move on.

xstang77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Be a man about it don't do it in text that's what an insecure female would do, not saying you have to meet her to do it but atleast a phone call.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
GF of 3 years had been distant over the past 2 weeks, replying slowly over texts when she used to reply fast so the other day I got tired of it and just straight up ignored her all day. and now we're on a freeze out with neither one of us willing to text the other.

what do I do from here? I really wanna break up with her over this behavior but at the same time I want it to work out. any advice?
Who knows what your situation is or if you may've caused a problem. If you didn't and she's just ready to slowly move on? Instead of playing "freeze out text tag" like an insecure kid call her like a man and see what the issue is. If she never responds or refuses to address the issue, or has had many other relationship deal breaker red flags then you just leave. Period. As in no calls, text, email. Just drop it and move on. Again. No calls, text, emails, FB, Social media spying. Nothing. No excuses for her.

That IS if you are 100% sure you aren't a part of the problem or why she's growing distant and she's never had any major red flags. You have to talk to her on the phone first or in person. If she still plays this passive aggressive ignore nonsense you don't play it along with her. You get over your insecurity of being alone and move on.

If she is the problem and you continue to be a willing "victim" to nonsense then YOU are your own problem and need to realize you can't control her, can't live vicariously through someone else or go insane over what she's going to do.

Call her and talk. She doesn't call back and continues to ignore? Drop everything connected to her and move on. Learn and grow from the experience. Reflect internally on things you may've done wrong and look to correct them with the next person you meet. Positive, learning and growing forward. If you cannot be honest with yourself you cannot expect honesty from others.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

"I really want to break up with her."

You answered your own question.

dude99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

"I really want to break up with her."

You answered your own question.

They become distant when they have checked out of the relationship. She is entertaining the attention of othet dudes.

Dump. Next.

Milano

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She's fvcking someone else.
Hard to argue with that.

That cold feeling of a cheater, deep down in your gut. Oh the treachery. Use this whenever you want to call, answer texts etc. Think hard about growing and getting better, every time you fall for the temptation of contacting her you are losing a part of yourself. That energy you could be putting inside another woman instead.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am telling you from experience. You have to go with your gut.

My experience was similar. We started really heading downhill for about a month but she had become noticably distant for about 3 months. She still called frequently, but wouldn't make time to see me. We would text at least a little bit each day and talk on the phone a couple times a day.

Then one weekend went like this...
Friday - she didn't reply to messages for hours. very brief
Saturday - i sent one message, nothing from her till 11pm at night
Sunday - I sent one message. didn't hear from her till Monday morning

I couldn't deal with it any more, so I called her Tuesday, we got together and she broke it off. Had I listened to my gut about 3 months prior, I would have saved myself a lot of heartache and ended it then...

Now at 3 years with this girl. and only two weeks of distance, you may be able to salvage things. The question is whether or not you want to... Either way, you now need to have one foot out of the door. Let her understand you are not tolerating BS any more from her.

You have to listen to your gut...

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women don't honor men who don't honor themselves.

If you don't dump her.. you are disrespecting yourself.
^^^ THIS

You knew she was losing interest in you but you continue to lower your self respect for a faint chance to get back with someone who no longer desires you as much WHO has options in which you don't have.

Work on your self (especially your self esteem) to the point that you will NEVER, EVER plead with a woman to take you back out of desperation. It's YOU who should be exploring options and weeding out women who benefit you...

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score

She's testing you.

Disappear for a month or two. After your break, if you still want her, give her a call.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's testing you.

Disappear for a month or two. After your break, if you still want her, give her a call.
he should break up with her not waste 2 months on something useless then call her, that is pretty much calling a ex, you don't call any ex

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
he should break up with her not waste 2 months on something useless then call her, that is pretty much calling a ex, you don't call any ex
That's really for him to decide predicated upon his desire. What offense did she commit that merits a NEXT?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's really for him to decide predicated upon his desire. What offense did she commit that merits a NEXT?
maybe something maybe nothing, his guts tells him he should break up, he sure have more info then us, but we can only work on what he tells us and he should be smart enough on what he want, and you saying its up to him or not is kinda useless waste of posting you know

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cancel her.

She doesn't understand the patriarch is there to be served upon. There hasn't been any matriarchal societies in history. Patriarchy is the cornerstone of everything.