Girlfriend and I on a freeze out after I ignored her, now what?

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
maybe something maybe nothing, his guts tells him he should break up, he sure have more info then us, but we can only work on what he tells us and he should be smart enough on what he want, and you saying its up to him or not is kinda useless waste of posting you know
Unless you can point out where she committed a capital offense meriting a NEXT, the only crime I see that she committed was her IL falling.

Are we so insecure as men that we must NEXT a girl because of her falling IL even though we still desire her?

IF the OP still desires her and is dropping her due to his weaker game which prompted her falling IL, then NEXTing is weak behavior, as he acts within his ego as opposed to his desire and volition.

Accordingly, his best prescription, is to act within his desire--WHAT HE WANTS, in place of what his ego is telling him to do. Now if her IL fell and she is distancing herself, all he needs to do is distance himself even more. Further, he can ignore her entirely for a month or two--no answering texts, no answering phone calls--complete GHOST, poof. This gives HIM space to decide if HE still wants her, while her IL climbs back up. And if he still wants her following a month or two, she will be vying for his attention again.

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
Call her and talk. She doesn't call back and continues to ignore? Drop everything connected to her and move on. Learn and grow from the experience. Reflect internally on things you may've done wrong and look to correct them with the next person you meet. Positive, learning and growing forward. If you cannot be honest with yourself you cannot expect honesty from others.
This is ridiculous advice. Call her now when her IL is rock bottom? Wrong.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
This is ridiculous advice. Call her now when her IL is rock bottom? Wrong.
Who knows if it's something O.P. could have done. He just needs to be a man and call the chick he's been dating. Its not some OLD No "text" like a kid. She doesn't answer? You leave a message. Then drop it. If she calls back you talk like an adult. She never calls back? You simply delete her number and all social network connections and move on.

Kids play the passive aggressive ignore, waiting "power play" game. Same chit with friends. You don't sit there playing who can hold their breath longest or hide like a child behind text messages. You call. They never call back you drop the whole thing.

Learn something for once.

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
Who knows if it's something O.P. could have done. He just needs to be a man and call the chick he's been dating. Its not some OLD No "text" like a kid. She doesn't answer? You leave a message. Then drop it. If she calls back you talk like an adult. She never calls back? You simply delete her number and all social network connections and move on.

Kids play the passive aggressive ignore, waiting "power play" game. Same chit with friends. You don't sit there playing who can hold their breath longest or hide like a child behind text messages. You call. They never call back you drop the whole thing.

Learn something for once.
Devilking, there is no point in calling. She already made it clear through her actions, where she is at. Your advice is akin to going to a known jeweler and asking if he sells jewelry. Pointless.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Devilking, there is no point in calling. She already made it clear through her actions, where she is at. Your advice is akin to going to a known jeweler and asking if he sells jewelry. Pointless.
Devilking? You feeling ok?

Nothing is "clear" until O.P. calls his girlfriend of three years not "texts" a chick he's dated for THREE years. She either answers, calls back, or discusses any issues with O.P. or if nothing? He moves on like a man.

Try to learn something for once.

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
Devilking? You feeling ok?

Nothing is "clear" until O.P. calls his girlfriend of three years not "texts" a chick he's dated for THREE years. She either answers, calls back, or discusses any issues with O.P. or if nothing? He moves on like a man.

Try to learn something for once.
But Devilking, of course, it's clear. When a girl ghosts you, the medium is the message. You of all people should know having been ghosted by pof girls, thus calling them all garbage.

Here's a little a hint before the next girl does the same to you: When a girl makes herself unavailable to you, it means she is not interested. Stop embarrassing yourself by calling her to inquire "to be clear."

Run along now little 19-year old boy, your other screenname Devlking is waiting.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
But Devilking, of course, it's clear. When a girl ghosts you, the medium is the message. You of all people should know having been ghosted by pof girls, thus calling them all garbage.

Here's a little a hint before the next girl does the same to you: When a girl makes herself unavailable to you, it means she is not interested. Stop embarrassing yourself by calling her to inquire "to be clear."

Run along now little 19-year old boy, your other screenname Devlking is waiting.
Three years dude. The chick was replying "slower" to TEXTS no less. Simple solution. You call your girlfriend of three years and see what's up. This ain't some chick he knew for three days. Big difference. You find out and if she wants to call it quits you agree and never go back. Period.

Other screen name? Damn dude you are desperate AF. I suggest you find out from the mods and embarrass yourself. Or will you decide not to and make yourself unavailable to the answer?

l_e_g_e_n_d

Banned
Reaction score
Three years dude. The chick was replying "slower" to TEXTS no less. Simple solution. You call your girlfriend of three years and see what's up. This ain't some chick he knew for three days. Big difference. You find out and if she wants to call it quits you agree and never go back. Period.

Other screen name? Damn dude you are desperate AF. I suggest you find out from the mods and embarrass yourself. Or will you decide not to and make yourself unavailable to the answer?
Gotcha. Your MO seems to be pointlessly embarrassing yourself like you did last night. So you call women who ghost you to find out what's up?

I wondered how a guy could be so vehemently against OLD, but in the last three years, create four threads about how to get women in OLD. LOL!

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Gotcha. Your MO seems to be pointlessly embarrassing yourself like you did last night. So you call women who ghost you to find out what's up?

I wondered how a guy could be so vehemently against OLD, but in the last three years, create four threads about how to get women in OLD. LOL!
If it's a chick I dated for three years I'm not communicating by text only if busy at work or I can't speak. Normal people talk on the phone. I sense somethings up? I call and discuss it like a man. The chick doesn't answer or call back? I leave it be and keep it moving.

Yes, and I've stated the chicks that use OLD are basura. It was fun downtime passing amusement. Got tired of the nonsense and dropped it. There's only so much evidence one needs personally to state it is what it is which is the lowest of the low. It's not a big secret.

SkrooU

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
GF of 3 years had been distant over the past 2 weeks, replying slowly over texts when she used to reply fast so the other day I got tired of it and just straight up ignored her all day. and now we're on a freeze out with neither one of us willing to text the other.

what do I do from here? I really wanna break up with her over this behavior but at the same time I want it to work out. any advice?
Text -- Enough games between us. Seems like you need some space babe. Take a week to think things over and get back to me if you want to move forward. If not, then good luck. Peace.

Then prepare to move on.

This puts you in the position of a mutual breakup and shows you're ready to let go but at least willing to work on things. Who cares who officially dumps who. You already feel dumped anyway. Dumping her won't change that. If she gets back to you and dumps you, then just say you knew and felt the same way but thought it was better to let her do it when she was ready to deal with it.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Right, and OP's gf started this game two weeks ago. There's a reason for it, they know this is an effective breakup tactic rather than direct confrontation. He should do the same. His gf is being a selfish azzhole by not calling. She doesn't care anymore. She won't answer his call. The solution is to drop her for being a "kid"(more likely just cheating).
Obviously there's a reason for it. She may even be cheating that doesn't mean you instantly assume something, and then follow her lead as if she's the one who wears the pants in the relationship as in expecting her to call first or you won't either. that's kiddie games.

grow a pair and be the man in the relationship and call once to find out.

though this relationship sounds screwed up to begin with to be three years long and the op can't call his gf and talk to her while worrying about her not replying asap to his texts.

simple solution is call once to see what's up. like normal adults do. you don't get a reply to a call then drop it and her.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Text -- Enough games between us. Seems like you need some space babe. Take a week to think things over and get back to me if you want to move forward. If not, then good luck. Peace.

Then prepare to move on.

This puts you in the position of a mutual breakup and shows you're ready to let go but at least willing to work on things. Who cares who officially dumps who. You already feel dumped anyway. Dumping her won't change that. If she gets back to you and dumps you, then just say you knew and felt the same way but thought it was better to let her do it when she was ready to deal with it.
I like this! While it is a text, it shows that he is willing to walk away. I would shorten it just a bit to...

"Hey babe, Seems like you need some space. Drop me a line if you want to work it out"

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
There's nothing to find out! Its obvious.

there is something to find out since he asked in the first place.

You play the cowards role, follow her lead and run off like she does. I'll call my gf of three years to see what's up. if no response or it doesn't work out. then you drop it.

You've got to be an insecure kid. You text your friends, family job etc too as your main form of communication? men call.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there is something to find out since he asked in the first place.

You play the cowards role, follow her lead and run off like she does. I'll call my gf of three years to see what's up. if no response or it doesn't work out. then you drop it.

You've got to be an insecure kid. You text your friends, family job etc too as your main form of communication? men call.
you can call her and ask yes, but chances are she will not answers the question IF she pick the phone up, again could mean something could mean nothing, is not up for op to waste time on this to save the wh0re from herself, if he have options around he wouldn't care much if she was doing this, she would already be forgotten.

btw since when you should take what woman say by face value? last I know is see where she stand on how she act not what she says

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
He asked because he is obviously inexperienced. Experienced men know the answer. Nice personal attack...you're the secure one clearly.
experienced men call their girlfriend of three years and find out then end it if need be. learn something

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
you can call her and ask yes, but chances are she will not answers the question IF she pick the phone up, again could mean something could mean nothing, is not up for op to waste time on this to save the wh0re from herself, if he have options around he wouldn't care much if she was doing this, she would already be forgotten.

btw since when you should take what woman say by face value? last I know is see where she stand on how she act not what she says
He should know the chick. he's been dating her three years. instead of running away you call. you sense she's lying you leave her be.

I guess real men resolve issues through text..

I call.