Girl friend cheating?

Reaction score
you got involved with a girl with problems: bad
you realized this and ditched her for the next: good

oh yeah, and you haven't lost her. She lost you. You're not the one with all the probs and cheating.

unless she comes back to you 'on her own' and says she's fixed alot of things, and then in the following weeks shows this, keep an eye out for the next. Know this: there is ALWAYS better.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am completely OK with my situation.

It's more of a feeling of relief. No more worrying if she's gonna relapse. No more listening to her b!tch that she can't find a job or pay her bills.

I know what's gonna happen. The guy she has hooked up with is gonna realize she's got too much baggage and next her. Chances are, she'll call me. But you know what? I can never ever trust her again. I don't even want to be friends. I do anything for any of my friends. But I can see it now. I become her friendly taxi. She lost her licesne. No Way!

On a positive note, I # closed on a 6.5 at the gym last night. Gotta start somewhere !!!

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You will not believe.

She just called me at work.

"Are you ok?"

I'm like No. I'm no gonna talk to you while I'm at work.

And hung up.

She feels guilty. I'm gonna let her!

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got to thinking. What am I gonna say when she calls me again?

So, I called her, left a voice mail. Told her we have nothing to talk about. Do not call me back. GOOD BYE.

I know. I'm thinking too much about this. But, I just want some absolute closure...

Besides, everytime the phone rang here at work, I thought it might be her...

I feel so much better !!!

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you feel better OR do you want her to call back? do you want her to tell you that she fvcked up and wants to be back with you?

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So she's a recovering alcoholic. You are a drinker. Your best bet is to talk with her. The reason she's being so quiet is that she knows that if she is going to stay sober, her best shot will be to not hang out with anyone who drinks. You know this, too, because your sister confirmed it.

Alcoholism is a symptom of another problem. Folks that just plain party their cheese off in the pursuit of fun do not become alcoholics. Folks that are drinking to escape pain or punishment are more likely to fit that bill. She was unhapppy when you met her and she is unhappy now. I don't care how many laughs and tender moments you've had with her.

You don't next her. You understand her problem. You know what she has to do. It may be a bit naive of me to assume that women don't cheat very often. This young lady has more issues than Reader's Digest. Dumping her may send her into a bar. Let her next you. In fact, ask her why she hasn't! Gently tell her that you know that dumping you is what she is supposed to do, to optimize her chances for long term sobriety.

I do not envy you your position. No matter what you do, it's going to suck for both of you.

Good luck.

Reaction score
1. It's obvious by the 3 pages of you continually answering almost every post and sitting on the net waiting and answering where your head is at.

2. The girl has issue's what do you expect...total honesty?

3. It's obvious you don't want to end it...so get used to being the other fella until she gets tired of you.

4. Why would you pick someone who is trying to get back into life and get herself started again. Sometimes fella's will pick these girls because they have a deep insecure problem. They want someone who they mistakenly believe will be dependent on them.

5. You shoulda waited until she got back on her feet and worked out all of her issue's before dating her.

6. If you feel she is cheating then chances are your gut instinct is true...you don't have to sit on the internet waiting for validation anymore. YOU know what to do next....pun intended.

7. She is a attention w*ho*re...why would you only hook up with her once a week...women coming out of these situations need attention and crave acceptance...no wonder she is getting it somewhere else. Male energy 1 or 2 times a week just isn't good enough...unfortunately I believe she has every right to get it else where's if your not taking care of business....but so do you if she isn't taking care of business....move on...

8. I know it's hard to go back into the dating pool but you know it must be done...so quit trying to hang on and let it go