Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girl friend cheating?

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Need some advice. I think my girl friend is cheating on me. How should I handle.

I've been seeing this girl about 9 months. Both of us have been busy so we haven't seen much of each other the past month. We got together Saturday and she was... awkward around me. Not her usual playful/fun self.

I asked her, what's up? She's like, nothing. I even asked jokingly, what'd you meet some one? She was just silent. I didn't push it. (We always joke like that. You know, what'd you do last night, have a hot date?)

Samething yesterday. Then when I went to kiss her good bye, and she gave me a hug! I'm like what the F? and kissed her.

When we parted, she said she'll call me.

OK. Here's the thing. She said an ex-caught her cheating once. So, I know she's done it in the past and chances are will in the future. I dont' trust her.

Should I confront or just break up with her?

Or, just say the hell with her and not call her? Hoping maybe she'll just go away... Kind of wussy, I know...

It just really sux because she really is my best friend...

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have grilled her for information the second that I picked up something was wrong.

The whole silence when you asked about another guy is not good (at least in my experience).

Usually girls will fold under the pressure if they think you've got an idea that they've found another guy and you ask them point blank about it.

Don't go all psycho, just tell her that she's acting distant and you understand that girls will act like she's acting only if they want out of a relationship or have met someone else.

I've been cheated on many times and I knew something was wrong each time, but it wasn't until later that I knew they were cheating. They all seem to act the same - distant for no reason.

You need to get your thoughts and feelings out on the table with her to fully understand why she is acting weird (IMO).

One method of "catching her in the act" is to ask her what she did that weekend. Then, a couple months later, ask her what she did that weekend and see if she tells you the same story. ;)

Good Luck!

CB

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanx for the reply...

I don't know why it's bothering me so much. Several months ago I thought about getting rid of her. She's got some baggage, she's an attention wh0re, and she has a history of cheating...

I guess it's the deception/lying. Who likes being lied to...

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds shady, you need more time to tell... I would just plain out tell her if thats the case she best tell you know as it wont be tolerated. :) Also that if shes going to be sad she might as well be able to communicate with you otherwise your thang wont work.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've actually asked her a couple of times. Once on the phone and once in person. I think I said something to the effect of "something's up. What's going on?" And she was like "nothing."

Here's something else. Any time we drive somewhere, she will always have her hand on my arm as we drive. I mean always. This week-end, not once...Something's up...

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something is certainly up, if she's showing less affection most likely "someones up" :) sorry bud, what I would recommend is spend less time with her, and start talking to other chics....

Pay less attention to this, one; be more passive.... Mirror; her behaviour and you'll see whatsup, Goodluck.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Reto
Thanx for the reply...

I don't know why it's bothering me so much. Several months ago I thought about getting rid of her. She's got some baggage, she's an attention wh0re, and she has a history of cheating...

after saying that there isnt one good reason to be dating this girl

regardless if she cheated on you or not

chlywly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, im sorry I missed the baggage attention ***** with history of cheating part, okay now its obvious she's cheating, dump her; just say "sorry I dont think you're right for me" dont talk and dont look back lol

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's good advice...

OK. I didn't mention because I knew I would be flamed. But her baggage is she just got out of re-hab. She has a drinking problem. I mean it's not constant, but when she binges, and it's bad.

She's doing a half way house program right now and is actually doing pretty good.

I know, that changes things a good bit. But I still sense she met someone. She has always said I know her better than anyone. I think she met someone while in re-hab that understands what she's going through. I don't.

It's also dawned on me that maybe she doesn't want to hang with a drinker. I told her I would quit completely, but she doesn't want me to. They advocate that she should give up her drinking friends to stay sober. She has a net work of other people from rehab she has been hanging with. To include guys.

I guess that's what I'll do. Just see less of her and basically just fade away. I hate that there's no closure though...

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I keep thinking about her being an Attention wh0re and cheating. You are right. I need to be just done with it. If I stay in it, that's basically what I'm gonna get. More of the AW and cheating eventually...

Bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depending on her attitude, attention-wh0reness and all that stuff, I'd give her a second chance..... at best. I know I know, she doesn't deserve you... but we're all human down here, we all make mistakes.

If she's hiding behind of wall of lies and no being honest at all, press the next button and move on with your life.

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo, bro. I'm a friend of Bill W for 6 years now. I can tell you that it is not a good idea to date anyone in the program at all. Those girls (and guys) are usually very selfish and self-centered in addition to being great liars. Moreover, they're not very mentally stable.

Find yourself a normie girl - your life will be 100x better.

BTW, most people in recovery are single and want everyone else single too - misery loves company. Oh, and if you drink and she doesn't they'll tell her to get rid of you...

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanx Chewy.

That's what my sister told me. It been 13 years for her.

I've always thought that her problems were due to her drinking. That she (we) would be great if she could finally kick it.

I think I will just let her be. It's been 3 weeks and she's just now trying to sort things out. It's like her life has just restarted.

I think if I was in her situation, I'd do the same...

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

OK. Here's the thing. She said an ex-caught her cheating once.
Does this mean that she believes getting caught is the bad part (as opposed to the cheating itself)?

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. When she cheated, it's basically she found some one new. I think he figured it out and she broke it off.

Yeah. Not an admirable quality, I know.

But, as was said above, I really think chewy has it right. They told her she has to get rid of the drinking boy friend. She doesn't want to, but she's afraid if she doesn't, she may drink again.

I've never been there, so I don't know. But my sister has and said the same thing as chewy. Actually, they tell you not to even get into a relationship the first year.

If I accuse her of cheating, it'll make things worse. I'll just let her be for a while and let her get her sh!t together. If it works out, it does. If not, that's ok too. I've never known her sober. We may not be compatible after all...

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Follow Chewy Bagel's advice on this one.
Yes, she's probably "cheating" and with
her alcohol/whatever problems she's
probably not someone you'd be happy
with anyway (no matter what your immediate
feelings tell you ...)

georgie24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sniff her crotch! secrectly spy on her, eaves drop. ITS YOUR HEART AT STAKE bvuddy

ndouchi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanx for the reply...

I guess it's the deception/lying. Who likes being lied to...
Dear Reto,

You may be here for a little more than just advice. I think you are here because you are in pain and you need consolation. We all do. I'm glad you are talking it all out because that is the way to go. Some folks would rather bottle it all in and tell no one else until they can no longer take it and do things to worsen there situation.

Here's the deal. Whenever someone answers "nothing," that indicates a lack of candidness. There is always something to tell when you see the behavior of someone you know changes with you all of a sudden. It is always, a thought, a recalculation, or a change in events that erupted long-muffled emotions. So, you know there is something with your woman. Trust that feeling because it is not the production of your own illusions. You certainly didn't sense that the other times. You did now!

You said you didn't trust her. Well, did you ask yourself why? Did you ask yourself what would it take for you to be able to trust her? Did you ask yourself if you could ever trust her? And most importantly, did you ask yourself how long you could be with someone you couldn't trust and at what cost?

Demonizing her as a wh0re won't help you a bit. It is only a way for you to convince yourself that the problem is her, not you. Well, I agree with you that her cheating is her fault, but there is far much more you could do to remain the master of your own domain and remain at the center of yourself and be the man you have come to this site hoping to be.

Here's what you can do: Think deeply to yourself and decide why you are with this woman. Try to decide exactly if she is really the one for you. From what I heard, she isn't. Again, that is your call to make. She seems unstable, and she may feel intimidated and scared to settle in for anyone or may be you in particular. Yet, I wouldn't advise you to contemplate and dwell on her own past traumas. I would advise you to confront her peacefully and kindly. No nasty confrontations can produce a healthy relationship. You may be successful at make her feel exposed, but that will only make her hang on to you out of shame and guilt, not love and admiration.

If you want the love and admiration, then there is only one way to do it, assuming your relationship stands the chance for love. Call her, talk to her, or go over, and tell her that you want to talk. Express to her that there are things you want to talk to her about. Do not ask her questions. That will put her on the definsive, which ultimately gives her the upper hand. Simply tell her how you feel. Do not imply in any way that you want some reconciliation or attention. Most importantly, make sure you don't tell her that you "don't want attention and reconciliation."

Simply be candid and tell her that you have liked her and for a long time, you have had a hard time trusting her. It is not important to explain to her your reasons for not trusting her. Do not go in details. Just tell her that. Now, tell her that you have been on your toes that she may have been seeing someone else, and now you have observed a change in her attitude and behavior. Tell her that you are not comfortable with her answers and you are not going to pursue her answers any longer because it isn't fair for your or her. The final thing is that you need to tell her that you cannot spend all the time second-guessing her and living in fear. This is the time you are going to end the relationship to make the decissions for the both of you easier.

Fellow, you will be in pain, but you will have done the decent thing in your relationship. You will have exited the relationship as a confident gentleman, whom will be admired. It will leave you in control and you will have 100% of your dignity and self-esteem even if she was indeed cheating. It is tough to do, but you will have to believe in yourself. I cannot predict her reaction. It may be mellow or dramatic. Either way, do not accept immediate reconciliation even if you knew for sure that she was not cheating. In case she isn't cheating, still give her time to think to herself and to resolve some of her issues and learn how to communicate with you and give you more respect when you are with her. You deserve that respect. You don't deserve to be played around with like a yo-yo.

You will have to be strong.

Take care,

Nour

Jet Jockey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by georgie24
sniff her crotch! secrectly spy on her, eaves drop. ITS YOUR HEART AT STAKE bvuddy
NO! NO! NO! Don't become a stalker over this.

Best advice is to leave her be. In the process detach from as many of your feelings for her as you can. Not saying the ship is DEFINITELY sinking, but looks like it PROBABLY is.

If she calls, I'd talk to her but briefly. Show her you, won't take no crap and you know something is up, but at the same time you are a sensible fair human being.

If she don't call...well its really your choice. You can say next, or you can call her, but I'd wait to call her say at least a week apart for the calls. Let her stew a bit that way.

If she has cheated in the past, she may do it again. probably has, but i don't know all the details etc, so i won't say absolutely she has. Yes its your heart so guard it!

The alcoholism is not the disease..its a symptom. She has some deep rooted issues. That has been her coping mechanism. Now its taken away. Guess what her other coping mechanism is most likely? Leaning on anyone's shoulder that will listen. You already said she was a bit of a attention wh0re. So picture this....she is going whoas me to her "rehabbed" guy friends, and they are reminding her how she shouldn't be with you because you drink, ( a bit of character assassination on there part) and they are listening to her. I know they are probably even being very AFC about it. About all you can do, is let her know you care, (it has been 9 months right) but at the same time....You will not lose your self respect and lower any standards here. In other words if she wants you, she needs to level with you, and do a 180 and pronto. Otherwise, I'd say next her. Sometimes its like the coyote screwing the porcupine...the pleasure ain't worth the pain my friend!

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good god NEXT this loser. I think past alcohol and/or drug problems is grounds enough for a NEXT immediately, so i question your knowledge of the dating game for even seeing her in the first place. The first hint of a previous,or current, drug/alcohol problem should be an automatic NEXTing.