Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting around without a car

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any options on dating and getting around without a car without lowering my social status?

Tiguere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just think of this....everytime you feel inferior about a girl see you without a car or finding out you get around in public trans.....YOU ARE PEDESTALING HER.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tiguere said:
Just think of this....everytime you feel inferior about a girl see you without a car or finding out you get around in public trans.....YOU ARE PEDESTALING HER.
Explain, how do u figure?

Kal0051

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unfortunately in North American not having a car does lower your social status. Especially if you aren't in school or live at home it's expected that you'll have a car. Sorry but from personal experience your not doing yourself any favors by not having one as far as girls are concerned. Save up and get a **** civic or something, it's better than nothing (most of the time girls won't care what you drive, but they want the guy to have his own car).

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's in New York. Half of the people in that city DON'T have cars. Hell most of the people I know from the city have never owned a car. With the Subway and the other train methods of transportation, it's almost more of a nuisance to have a car than to just use a bus/train.

I'm guessing you live way outside of the city or something similar where a car is a little more necessary?

I do think, though, that because of where you live, it's a little more acceptable to be "car-less", just as in San Francisco or Chicago.

Crow

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend in LA who is in his early 30s, handsome, and very successful in his career (not to mention very high net worth). He doesnt have a car and actually enjoys walking most places. Needless to say, that's uncommon. His friends joke the only people that dont have a car in Los Angeles are homeless or him. The point is though, that he doesnt care despite the location and we all laugh about it.

tinctrar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex...your right - in a way...

Crisco where do you live in NY? If its five boroughs you can probably get a small car.

Kailex for some reason most people say they dont need a car in NYC - but I lived there for 23 years. It can slightly lower your status a bit even in the five boroughs. Im not really too sure why - but alot of the younger kids still want cars and dont want to rely on public transportation (which is amazing btw - try living in another city and you will quickly notice that the MTA is far superior to most transit operations)

I still have friends that ask me if they should get a car - and I tell them hell no. Cabs are still cheaper if you need to do it.

Reaction score
I dont know the prices in the states but here taking a cab is bull****, it's a 10 minute drive to downtown from where I live, taking a cab downtown is 20 dollars, so it doesnt really save you money... a car is a definite must have, unless you live downtown.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in LI, where a car is basically needed to get around. Any way I can I make this work to my advantage. Only thing I know is, if a girl asks why I don't have a car ide respond with. "Some people drive, while others are "driven" "...

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you can get a decent motorcycle on craigslist for under a grand. pussy magnet.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when i was in AA alot of guys there don't have DL's and ride these little mopads. you can get them for a couple of hundred bucks. they are fun as hell to ride.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Serialized3 said:
you can get a decent motorcycle on craigslist for under a grand. pussy magnet.
Not a bad idea. Prob is hows the quality going to be.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Serialized3 said:
yeah but riding a moped is like riding a fat chick, right ... :)
Haha! I personally don't like them but, some of the hipster-looking chicks dig them!

Hey Crissco, are you sure the car is absolute must? When my brother lived in the city, he really didn't see a need for having a car. You can use public transportation to get everywhere. Unless, like Kailex said, you live in a different part where a car is a must.

Will it be difficult to date without a car? Yeah, I'm sure. Especially with girls whose IL is marginal. However, the ones with really high IL will date you without a car. They'll do whatever it takes (ride public transportation) to be with you.

I don't know how old you are but, like Serialized has already mentioned, you might want to look into a used motorcycle. You cannot believe how much young girls like them!

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's from Long Island, so he's a good 30 minutes to 1 hour away from the actual city riding the LIRR. Still, Long Island is big enough that he's probably inquiring about dating women within his immediate area, so yeah, he would need a car. I've been to Long Island and it's a pretty big and diverse area. Even if he wanted to ride the train, 2 hour train rides each time is not fun at all.

So if Crissco is dating within Long Island, he'd most likely need a car. If he's dating someone from the City, most likely, he wouldn't. It all depends on the situation.

Just save up man.

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are really worried about this car deal tell her you are CHOOSING to not have a car .....

Give her some BS about how f*ckin green you are and your carbon footprint and global warming and all.....

Gives you lots of BS to talk to her about....(study a little about it first)

Makes you look principled, like you have a belief system, confidence, a sense of mission and self.....

You're a stand up guy who doesn't care how others live and what they think.....

This also explains why you don't have what you (really) think is one of the basic things a man should have....a f*ckin car

OR.......

If it's that important .....

Spend some time getting your life, self, mission, confidence, together .....get a decient job, your own apt, and ....a car

Either way will work....

Move on from there.....

Only as important as YOU make it ......

Over and Out.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd suggest a bicycle but that doesn't sound like it would work for you.

What about a moped?

Oh and there is nothing that can "lower your status" unless you let it. If you think that not having a car will lower your status then it will only do so because you chose to let it.

If a girl asks why you don't have a car then just tell her the truth; if she doesn't accept that then next the b!tch because she's worthless.