Fugly's lifting journal...

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: October 6th.

Had 3 days off prior to this work out, so I expected to be strong. Pre workout supplementation:
- 1 scoop Nano Vapor (yes...make fun of me! :D)
- NO supplement.
- creatine ethyl ester serving.
- ~500 ml water

Worked chest today. Did some weighted chins and pistols to balance it out.

Warm up with cleans/pistols and some very brief ab work.

Powerclean (all weights in lbs):

- 135 x 5 hang clean.
- 185 x 3 powerclean
- 205 x 2 powerclean.
* Did 3/side pistols after every powerclean set.

Circuit training work: Did incline dumbell press, followed by lateral raises, followed by pistols (3/side again) and hang cleans. Minimal rest between sets.

First iteration: 90 lb dumbells x 6, lateral raises 10 lbs x 8, pistols: 3/side, hang clean: 135 x 3

Second Iteration: 90 lb dumbells x 6, lateral raises 10 lbs x 8, pistols: 3/side, hang clean: 135 x 3

Third and fourth Iteration: 50 lb dumbells x 8 (I did these unilaterally: did 8 for my left side while stabilizing the right side, and vice versa for the right side), similar numbers for lateral raises, pistols and hang clean.

* Notes: Doing these exercises back to back with minimal rest was quite taxing. I was sweating like a mofo, and felt quite nauseous when all was said and done.

Narrow grip underhand pull ups.

- I got ambitious today and tried doing these pull ups with 90 lbs around my waist! Normally I can get 8-10 reps with a 45 lb plate, so i decided to double it up. I wish my pushes were as strong as my pulls :(

1st set: (bodyweight + 90 lbs) x 5 (Felt STRONG!)
2nd set: same as above x 4
3rd set: same as above x 3

- Did bodyweight pull ups and pistols intermittently between sets to help with conditioning. Rested much more than earlier exercises as these pull ups were quite taxing.

- Pec Dec (Not gonna report numbers here, as these sets were just to get a good pump in my chest and work on developing mind/muscle connection).

- Hammer strength shoulder press: Did this unilaterally again.

3 sets: 25 lb x 10 per side supersetted with anterior raises 10 lbs x 6.

Cool down...

Notes: I was really happy about my weighted chin ups today... especially the 5 reps with the 90 lbs around my waist!

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Update Oct. 7th.

Today was deadlift day...

Pre-WO supplementation:
- Nano-Vapor
- 1 serving arginine-ethyl ester.

Warm up:

- 70 kg hang cleans and push ups.
- lower Back stretches and hip flexibility stuff as well.

Deadlifts:
- 70 kg (155 lbs) x 3
- 125 kg (275 lbs) x 3

Attempted 3 sets of 5 reps w/ 175 kg (385 lbs)

1st set: 385 x 3
2nd set: 385 x 4
3rd set: 385 x 3
4th set: 385 x 1 followed by a 20-30 second static hold.

Wide grip Deads:

275 x 8 for 3 sets. (These were pretty easy. Next time I'm going to increase the weight to 285 or more).
- Did some circuit work here for conditioning purposes:
* Deads, followed by 15 push ups, then 8-10 wide grip pull ups. Rest as required between sets.

Finished wide grip deads with 275 lb x 1 followed by 20-30 second static. hold.

Ended work out with conditioning work. The following circuit was used:

Hang clean: 70 kg x 3, followed by 15 push ups and 3/side pistols. 3 cycles were performed.

Overall not a bad day at all. Post work out bodyweight was somewhat of a disappointment at 75.5 kg or 166 lbs measured electonically. Either way, I felt strong. I have a lot of shows lately, so I can't really use a hyper calorie diet as I have to have some semblance of abdominal definition! It kind of sucks, but the money makes it worth it, even though its putting a damper on my bulking plans.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude what's your diet like? We can't help you if you give us nothing to work with.

The numbers you put up should reflect the quality of your program, we don't really know what you're doing so it's impossible to help you.

noodle

Don Juan
Reaction score
fugly what city are you in?

I live in Alberta too, NW Calgary to be exact.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Dude what's your diet like? We can't help you if you give us nothing to work with.

The numbers you put up should reflect the quality of your program, we don't really know what you're doing so it's impossible to help you.
To be honest Quik, I don't know how bulk for my body type. Please remember that I need to stay as lean as possible. My guts are really picky with the food they have to process. Its a bit like having a prissy gf...if I eat too much of something that they don't like I feel like azz!

My diet is all over the map... I do shift work and with dancing, my schedule is quite chaotic! I try to minimize caloric intake prior to shows to reduce abdominal bloat. I try and go "NPO" (nothing by mouth) about 2-3 hours before shows (this includes water). I find this helps me to look depleted and gives me much better abdominal definition. I have crappy genetics for abdominal definition. Normally I only dance once or twice a week, typically weekend evenings. Lately I've been dancing a lot more. This week alone, I have to dance four nights, and am on day shifts, have a concert to go to, etc. I know I need to be more dedicated, but its tough with other things in life...

I know that my body responds really well to a diet consisting of large amounts of fruits and veges along with lots of protein sources such as chicken, steak, eggs, whey isolate etc. I think everyone's body probably responds well to this! I find it quite easy to stay lean and reduce bloat when I minimize intake of complex carbohydrates and dairy products. My metabolism doesn't do well with dairy products and saturated fat.

The problem with this is I cannot get adequate calories to put on extra muscle. If I try to increase intake of fruits/veges past a certain point I get sick. Its basically like giving yourself a bowel cleanse! In order to try to gain mass, I've added more complex carbohydrates to my diet, while decreasing fruits and veges. I've also replaced my whey isolate with a high carb mass gain supplement.

I can maintain quite well at around 2500-3000 calories/day and 150-200 g protein. I've been around 160-175 lbs for the past 3 years, and usually under 170 for the past 2 years. I'm under 165 when I'm in what I consider peak shape. With my metabolism and activity level I think I need ~4000 calories per day on a consistent basis to gain weight.

I'm experimenting with a weight gainer (mutant mass by PVL), but my body doesn't seem to be tolerating too well (my guts have trouble digesting it). After I finish the bag that I have, I'm going to go back to whey isolate and try to eat more whole foods. I have also thought about mixing whey isolate with the gainer.

Here is a proposed diet for days when I work the day shift. My problem is I know I will not be able to get to the required 4000 calories on this diet. I would like assistance from you guys. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Meal 1: (at ~0600): 2 bowls Cereal/Oatmeal w/ 2 pieces fruit and 50 g whey isolate.
Meal 2: (at ~0930-1000): Chicken salad, or chicken w/ 2 pieces of fruit/veges. Brown rice or some other source of complex carbs.
Meal 3: (at ~1130-1300): Brown rice w/ beef or chicken or chicken wrap
Meal 4: (at ~1530-1600): 50 g whey isolate and 2 bananas. (pre-WO primer)
- take pre-WO supplements- 1630
train: (1700-1830)
Meal 5 (1900): Post work meal: 50 g whey isolate and orange juice or some other source of simple sugars.
Meal 6 (2000): Rice/whole wheat spaghetti, etc w/ beef/chicken/eggs, whatever is around in my fridge.
Meal 7 (2200-2300): This is open...cottage cheese? Eggs?

Any assistance is appreciated. I haven't seriously attempted bulking for almost 4 years now and I'm a bit lost as to how to design a diet that my body can tolerate, that will also keep me as lean as possible, and also help me to get bigger and stronger.

I have access to a ton of cheap supplements and have used very potent controlled substances like anabolics and clenbuterol in the past. I think relying on supplements/drugs too much keeps me from focusing on diet. I've been clean for a year now, and plan on staying off anabolics at least until next summer when stagette season is under full swing again. I use low doses, just to give myself a boost, as I'm worried about side effects associated with heavier doses. I'd say 2/3 to 3/4 of the dancers in my part of the world use anabolics/clen, etc. Many use other more exotic peptide hormones as well, stuff like GH, IGF, etc.

The problem of sticking to a diet is compounded by the lack of a regular schedule and messed up sleep patterns. I have close to a decade in the trenches and know how my body responds to stuff. I think my body type is a ecto-mesomorph, so I don't really have an excuse when it comes to not being able to gain muscle mass, other than slacking on the diet and perhaps overtraining/not getting enough rest. Any suggestions you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and noodle, I live in Edmonton...Got lots of friends in Calgary though.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do have a few things to contribute..

For the digestion, add 1-3tbsp of natty yogurt to your diet each day. Itll take a couple weeks to have any benefit, but once you've got some healthy bacteria in you, digestion should become easier.

Judging by your lifestyle it's safe to assume that some of the digestion problems are coming because of the stresses you're putting on your body. Similar to what BBers do precontest, except every week ;) Not too healthy.

Do you work year round or do you have an established Off season? If I were you I'd try to arrange a good 3-4 months each year where you can focus on improving your body rather than maintaining. Take up a different job in the industry for that time or something. Most figure/model athletes have off-seasons, in fact almost every type of profession that involves physical activity seems to have a dedicated off-season.

Taking a less profitable job for that time might have to happen, but each time you start dancing/stripping again, you'll have something more to offer and a better physique. In your line of work, higher quality = more lucrative job opportunities.
===

The conundrum you're in right now is that you likely want to gain a little more size here and there, meaning strength gains too. In your profession you're likely keeping bodyfat down in the 5-8% range, and for most people it's really REALLY hard to gain appreciable size unless you're in the 10-12% range, regardless of how hard you try or how good your program is.

Are you working for someone right now or freelance?

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions quik. I really appreciate it. Any particular brand of yogurt you'd recommend?

I'm actually an RN by profession...I work on several busy surgical units at a large hospital, hence the shift work! I just dance on the side to make extra tax free income. I'd say dancing only generates around 15-20% of my net take home income. I have significant student loans to pay off and am looking around to buy a condo and possible investment property in the next few years, so money is quite important at this point in my life...

I free lance as an entertainer, so I can pick what shows I want to do. I can readily avoid taking shows should I choose. However, the money is addictive :( ... The combination of quick cash, female attention, and having a ton of fun while performing makes it really tough to say no. There have been days where I've worked a chaotic 12 hour shift at the hospital had to rush home, shower and go off to perform at 2-3 stagettes. All this makes for a nice 15-16 hour day. As you might have guessed however, such days are quite financially lucrative.

I suppose you could say December, January and February to a lesser extent are kind of like my "off season", as I don't perform as many shows. Most other months, especially the summer can be friggin busy! I'm guessing you would suggest to really focus on bulking during the "off season" months?

As far as bodyfat goes, I think I'm in the 10-12% range...I'd focus on being leaner if dancing was my sole source of income, but its not, so I can afford to be fat! :D

Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well as you know around here we usually suggest maintaining a healthy bodyfat(10-15%) to facilitate good muscle gains. Pretty much the high road that powerlifters take, where you let your abs go fuzzy(or disappear!) for a long time while you pack on some good mass. Then when and if you want to cut down to single digits, you actually have a physique to show rather than just abs and ribs.

I know you have a decent physique but I'm sure you have some goals and aspirations for it as well. Taking the fasttrack requires a bodyfat % where you likely won't have a carved out midsection.
--
The common belief in this forum is that true bulking/cutting is unnecessary and that a combo of both is the best way to go, but that means you'll never have a real low bodyfat or great definition.

You particularly would want to have that definition and six pack for your shows, so the logical thing to do is to divide your year into bulk/cut cycles rather than struggle with a low'ish bodyfat year round. It isn't optimal but you'd come out with 5 months of maintaining a great aesthetic appearance(6-10% bf) and 4-5 months of quality muscle building time, with some transitional months in there as well.

--

As for the yogurt, just choose something that isn't the processed junk that you can tolerate eating :D The sh1t I get is some Greek style natty yogurt and it tastes sour and bitter at the same time. Mix it in with some fruit or a shake. When I have trouble digesting food I buy a tub of it and put a Tbsp in each protein shake I have.

A good rule for buying yogurt is: the better it tastes, the worse it is for you! :D

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its been a while since I've posted....

Been working around 70-75 hours a week for the past couple of weeks doing 12 hour night shifts, so haven't had a chance to post.

Training has been different as well. During nights I usually train at the hospital gym, which is reasonably equipped...It has a squat rack, olympic bars, benches, dumbells, etc. I've been training during my break which is typically 75-90 minutes in length. I only get around 40-50 minutes training time per session.

My training has changed up a bit as a result. Although my split remains similar, I have started to use higher reps (8 to 10 reps/set). I've also started using lower weights as my reps have gotten higher. I'm not taking as much pre-WO supplements as I figure I don't need them because I'm not lifting really heavy and not training for over an hour.

Last WO was was at 0400 this morning towards the end of my shift:

- Warm up w/ hang cleans and bodyweight squats and pull ups.

- Back Squats:
* 245 (3 sets x 8 reps) ... These were quite tough.
super setted back squats with push ups and some light tricep work.

- Front squat:
* 135 (3 sets x 8 reps) ... These were surprisingly tough as well!
super set with narrow grip over hand pull ups.

- Calf work and leg press to finish off.

Overall not a super intense work out but felt good. I think lower WO times, increasing reps, and training less volume will be a good change up for my body. I normally train lower reps, higher weight and longer work out times. I'm still going to be lifting heavy, but not as frequently as before.

Hopefully this change up and increasing calories and protein will help me put on more muscle mass.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you doing pistol squats !!! un-assisted and deep i hope

how cool is that exercise !! not to mention all the Oh's and Ah's you get when people see this being done, let me know when you step it up to weighted versions, i've gotten 6 reps with 35lbs in each hand.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
you doing pistol squats !!! un-assisted and deep i hope

how cool is that exercise !! not to mention all the Oh's and Ah's you get when people see this being done, let me know when you step it up to weighted versions, i've gotten 6 reps with 35lbs in each hand.
Dude, that's friggin impressive! What are you squatting nowadays?

I rarely do weighted versions of pistols as I do them in combination with other movements for conditioning/balance/explosiveness, etc. I have done it where I'll hold a 25 lb plate straight out in front of me and do 5/side. I find it a bit tougher to balance with this set up. I almost always just do body weight though, and only 3/side.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi, thanks a lot for the feedback... what kinds of veges would you recommend? I eat a lot of fruit...not enough veges.

Update: Nov 12th

Deadlift day. I haven't trained for a couple of days so feel pretty recovered. Been sleeping decent too. Actually gotta do pre-WO supplementation for this session: took some ester creatine, beta alanine, multis, thermos and of course my favorite: NANO VAPOR :D

Felt pretty strong overall today:

Warm up:

Overhead squat:
40 kg x 5 for 2 sets

Powercleans:
- 60 kg x 5
- 90 kg x 3
- 95 kg x 2

Deadlift:
Most sets were followed
- 125 kg x 3 (warm up)
- 175 x 6 (This tied a PB...I think its because I took the NANO VAPOR!)
- 175 x 5
- 175 x 3 (last set was a static hold)

Wide grip DL:
- 125 x 8 for 2 sets.

High rep conventional grip DL:
- 135 kg x 10 (these were brutal...just when you think you have ok conditioning you do higher rep work and feel like a total puzzy. I'm glad I fought through it and got the 10 reps tho)

Finished with conditioning work:
2 iterations of:

- 5 x 60 kg hang cleans
- 15 pushups
- 8-10 parallel grip pull ups.
* rest as required in between but get them done as quickly as possible.

Was pretty tired by the end, but felt good. Post WO weight was around 75 kg, which is brutally light, but its what I get for not eating enough. I think that scale also under reports numbers a little bit.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man haha, haven't even updated this thing this YEAR! No, I didn't stop working out.

Body weight is currently hovering around 175 lbs.

Currently in a strength, low rep kinda phase.

Recently have had some personal bests:

Chin ups: Under hand close grip:
* BW + 115 lbs for 5 reps.
* Usually do BW x 90 lbs for 8-10 reps for my work sets.
* 27 bodyweight pull ups... I think I can probably do 30 when I'm fresh.

Incline dumbell press:
* 95 lb dumbells x 6 reps.

Dips:
* BW + 115 lbs for 6-8 reps.

Deadlift:
* 405 lbs x 5 reps (last rep was TOUGH! Haven't done max DLs in a while)

Squat:
* 275 lbs x 6 (this needs to improve but have had sore knees lately)
* Front squat: 235 lbs x 6
* Pistols w/ 2 x 30 lb dumbells for 6 reps.

Powerclean:
* Not a new PB, but doing around 220-225 lbs x 1, 205 lbs x 3.

One arm Dumbell snatch:
* 95 lbs x 1, 90 lbs x 3

Tomorrow is a chest/pull day. stay tuned...

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OMG...bodyweight pull ups + 115lbs and 90lbs ! FOR REPS !!!?!?!!?!?

I need to see pics of your lats and arms

is this a routine that you do in 1 day ? how often during the week do you train like this ??

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DnB, I'd trade your squat/deadlift numbers for my pull up numbers any day of the week. I think I'm biomechanically suited for doing pull ups. I have a fairly wide upper back, and am naturally pretty light. My gf is a semi-pro photographer, and we have a studio set up in our house. We have a shoot tentatively planned for mid August.

Keep in mind that I'm on cycle right now, so my numbers will be a little bit higher than when I come off.

The 115 x 5 was on a day I felt really strong. Typically when I attempt PB's i've had 2-3 days off and am recharged. That lift messed up my rotator cuff.

With my work schedule I'll frequently have to take 3-4 days off as I work 12 hour shifts and I don't have the energy to perform heavy lifts after a long ass day at work. I probably end up training 3-4 days a week w/ 2 days being brutally heavy and intense.

Last time I did the 90 lb pull ups it was on squat day. It was messed because I managed to get 5 sets of 90 lbs x 8 reps, well last set I only did 6-7. I even surprised myself. I'm sure the rest helped me a great deal. I have to do my squat/chin up day today, and I've already done my deadlift and push pull day back to back, as well has having rowing practice immediately after my work out yesterday. I'm pretty beat up today, but will see what I can do.

Currently my split is:

1. Deadlift + dips w/ some accessory core and tricep work
2. Push-Pull day focussing on chest/shoulders and back.
3. Squat + chin up (narrow underhand grip) w/ accessory core and bicep work.

Last work out (Only had around 50 minutes to get it done):

* Warm up w/ core:
- Leg raises from dip bars. (12 reps x 2)
- Reverse crunch (15 reps) I don't really keep track of the weight. x 2
- Crunches on a swiss ball (10 reps x 2).

* Incline dumbell press/bent over one arm dumbell row. Alternating push/pull movements and using antagonist muscle groups.

1st set: 95 lb dumbells x 8 reps. (push)
dumbell row 95 lb x 8 reps (pull)
2nd set: 95 lb dumbells x 6 reps. (push)
dumbell row 95 lbs x 6 reps (pull)
3rd set: 50 lb dumbells x 8 reps (reverse grip). (push)
dumbell row 50 lbs x 8 reps (reverse grip) (pull)
4th set: 50 lb dumbells x 8 reps (reverse grip). (push)
dumbell row 50 lbs x 8 reps (reverse grip). (pull)

I throw in some light shoulder work as well: anterior/lateral raises w/ 7.5-10 lbs.

* Reverse grip bench press alternating w/ seated row.

1st set: Reverse grip BP: 145 lbs x 8
Seated row: 120 x 8
2nd set: Reverse grip BP: 145 lbs x 8
Seated row: 120 x 8

I had to go at this point so finished w/ some more light core work.

Today is squat/chin up day...

Last edited:

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know you don't measure your bf% but how's the goal of staying lean for dancing been working out for you?

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle, w/ the shift work involved for my regular job it was getting really tough to eat clean. I work in an ICU and some shifts can be insanely busy, and you'll only get 1-2 meal breaks in a 12-13 hour shift. I frequently resolved to eating greasy high fat food and protein shakes just so I can stay full for longer periods of time. My schedule, shift work, and the fact that dancing is more lucrative in the summer made me resolve to using some chemical enhancement to maintain leanness and muscularity.

I'm currently on a pretty conservative dose of 400-500 mg/week of test/tren (around a 1:1 ratio) and a daily winstrol capsule. These are very powerful anabolic agents and have made it quite easy to stay lean over the summer despite having work conditions that aren't very conducive to fitness. As long as I keep my doses conservative I don't get any real side effects (other than increased libido).

I've definitely noticed strength gains, but some annoying joint problems have also followed.

I'm more motivated to train and eat clean when I'm on cycle, so all in all, things have been going great.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi thanks for the feedback. I'm doing a TOTAL of 400-450 mg/week (around 200 mg each of test and tren enanthate) and 25 mg winny daily. I don't know how I'd feel running 450 mg test AND 350 mg deca! That's a lot of gear by my standards. I'm only around 175 lbs. I only have around 4 weeks left on this cycle but will definitely consider using nandrolone next time.

Last work out was on July 16th:

Squat/chin up day.

warm up:
- 5 minutes stationary biking.
- quad hamstring stretches
- hangclean: 135 lbs x 5, then 185 lbs x 3

I focused mostly on front squat today as my prosterior chain was totally shot after the last few days.

I alternate squatting w/ weighted narrow grip chin ups. This way I let the different muscle groups rest more.

Powerclean to get the weight in position then front squats:
- 205 lbs x 5
- 215 lbs x 4 (felt really unsteady for this set)

Front squat:
- 245 lbs x 4
- 245 lbs x 3

Back squat (ATG):
- 225 x 8
- 225 x 6 (was quite gassed for these)

Chin up (narrow underhand grip):
- (BW+90 lbs) x 8
- (BW+90 lbs) x 7
- (BW+100 lbs) x 6
- (BW+100 lbs) x 5
- (BW+100 lbs) x 6

Pistols (ATG):
- (2x27.5 lb dumbell) x 5
- (2x27.5 lb dumbell) x 5

Bicep curls:
- 27.5 lb dumbells x 10
- 27.5 lb dumbells x 8

Finished off with some donkey calf raises and leg extensions.

This was my third training day in a row. I walked to the grocery store today and even the simple act of walking hurt all through out my entire prosterior chain and quads. Walking back w/ groceries was even worse!

I'll be taking 3 days off til my next session. Deadlifts are up next. Depending on how I feel I may attempt to assess my 1 RM.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
July 21: Push Pull day. Only had around 50 minutes to get it all done today.

I've had 4 days off. I decided against doing deadlifts today as my lower back isn't at 100%.

Warm up:

- Hanging leg raises: 2 sets of 12-15 reps.
- Reverse crunch: 2 sets of 12-15 reps.
- Light rotator cuff exercises.

Incline dumbell press alternating w/ one arm bent over dumbell row.
* I also super set lateral raises w/ the incline press and prosterior raises w/ the dumbell row. I use very small weights (5-10 lb dumbells for these sets).

1st set: 95 lb dumbells x 8 incline press
95 lb dumbell x 8 bent over row/side
2nd set: 95 x 6
95 x 6
3rd set: 95 x 5
95 x 6

- Will try 100 lb dumbells next work out.

Reverse grip bench press:

155 x 6
155 x 6
135 x 6
- Shoulders were burning at this stage.

Seated row:
110 x 10
90 x 12
90 x 12

- These were done w/ strict form to really feel the contraction in my back.

Hammer strength shoulder press super setted with anterior raises:

- 35 lb plates/side x 8 supersetted with 10 lb dumbells x 6 for ant. raises.
- 35 x 6 with 10 lb x 6
- 35 x 6 with 10 x 6.

Light core work to cool down.

I have rowing practice tomorrow so not sure if I'll make it into the gym after. Deadlift day is probably next depending on how my lower back feels.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Worked a night shift last night, so only got around 4 hours of sleep. I didn't end up going to rowing practice as my right shoulder is quite sore. Went to the gym instead.

It was deadlift day, but lower and middle back were not doing too hot. I opted to go for a 1 RM day as I don't think my back could have handled multiple reps w/ heavy weight. Its been a LONG time since I've attempted 1 RMs on deadlifts!

Warm up:

Hang cleans:

135 x 5
185 x 3

Powerclean:
205 x 3

Deadlift:
For my 1 RMs I'll lock the weight out and hold it as long as possible in that position. Had to alternate deadlift w/ weighted dips. I did lower back stretches and light ab work in between 1 RMs.

315 x 1
405 x 1 (felt ok, not great though)
415 x 1 (felt better than 405)
425 x 1 (actually felt decent)
430 x 1 (this was pretty tough)
435 x 1 (this was definitely tough, and I don't think my form was great)

Weighted dips:

(BW + 115) x 6
(BW + 115) x 5
(BW + 115) x 6
(BW) 20 seconds up/20 seconds down x 1 (super slow dip)

Pistols:
(2x30 lb dumbells) x 5-6 (tied personal best)
- Did 3 sets of these

one arm tricep extension:
(25 x 12) x 3 sets/side.

Was quite beat up after this work out. Post work out bodyweight of 176-177.