Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Friend got cheated on twice, she broke up with him, he still doesnt know

ScottMustaine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said it once, will say it twice.

Fake Facebook profile, send a message. Done. Truth was told, his face was not shown thus risk of being confronted for not telling is at minimum.

Win-Win.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
i would not tell him.

attraction not promotion. if you really value his friendship dont' tell him because as the other person stated, he will blame you, before he blames her or himself.

it hurts to see guys you know like this but they have to get to a point where they seek you out and ask for advice beucase they like what you are doing and want what you have. it's the only way they will listen and it stick. otherwise you are going to lose a friend.
^This. I agree. He may be your friend, but getting between a guy and his girl is sticky business. I say let him go through the experience. Being an AFC is, at times, very expensive. If he seeks out your help, by all means, enlighten him.

In my experience, trying to fix someone is a task best left alone.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just wonder where people get the idea that someone who cheats, or performs any other blatantly dishonorable deed, is considered "nice" or "good". This is the same problem white knights run into. "Why do good girls date bad boys?", they ask. THEY DONT. A "nice" personality, or public front != good person. They're selfish, use and play people, cheat, lie, deceive, backstab, etc all the same.

You'll find that these so-called good girls are almost always the ones who cheat, manipulate, deceive, abuse, etc. Theyre good actors; know what to say, and how to act around others. Their main interest is in maintaining their falsified good girl image at any cost. Lies and excuses aplenty.

Its all perception. They attract what they are, and use "nice" guys. This isnt a good person. Playing the victim and *****ing about everything doesnt make them good people. Most of this **** is to justify everything they do wrong - while still doing a lot of wrong. And most of it is done behind closed doors.

Dont buy into the good girl act, or label cheaters / schemers / liars as "nice". Kthx.

:nono:

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Completely disagree with anyone saying not to tell him. Vehemently disagree. For evil to prevail, all it takes is for good men to do nothing. You've heard that saying before, it is aptly placed in this discussion.

LoveTheLight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay I told him. He took it pretty hard, didnt want to believe me for a few minutes but he realized this isnt something I would joke around about. He didnt get mad at me, and just asked for the story about how I knew what happened.

Said he treated her like a queen and she broke his heart (classic) Ended up ranting about she was a "fukkin wh0re" (which she is) and was just generally mad at her, I sat by and agreed with everything he said and tried not to say anything retarded.

We go to the gym together, so hes hyped up about his own self improvement now. Hes just shocked for the most part, two different guys all the while she puts on this front like shes pure and angelic.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoveTheLight said:
Okay I told him. He took it pretty hard, didnt want to believe me for a few minutes but he realized this isnt something I would joke around about. He didnt get mad at me, and just asked for the story about how I knew what happened.

Said he treated her like a queen and she broke his heart (classic) Ended up ranting about she was a "fukkin wh0re" (which she is) and was just generally mad at her, I sat by and agreed with everything he said and tried not to say anything retarded.

We go to the gym together, so hes hyped up about his own self improvement now. Hes just shocked for the most part, two different guys all the while she puts on this front like shes pure and angelic.
*stand up* *slow clap* *raise a glass of whiskey*

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Unplug him, man. He's ripe and ready to get there. Glad to hear how it went down, you did the right thing and it sounds like he needed to hear it.

SemperDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
If I was him I woulda have wanted you to tell me, good choice
but than guess it's different for everyone, it changes your view on people.. happened to me twice but for the better

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
of course you want to know.

But your wanting to know is not part what we are discussing.

Your wanting to know only equates to what you think of your ex girlfriend or current girlfriend. It does not take into consideration any additional fallout or the view of the guy who tried to force feed you the red pill in the process.

In other words, yeah pat yourself on the back now you told her, but what's gonna happen 3 months from now after the rush from wanting to "change" has worn off, and he's still single and you are spinning plates, and you are the reason he can't go back to his GF beducase she cheated on him or so you say?

again, ego trumps all. at the end of the day this guy isn't gonna give a **** how close friends you you are. it sounds harsh but it's the truth

what happens when the GF, who is looking for an orbiter gets back into contact with him 2-3 months after he hasn't gotten so much of a look from another woman and he confronts her with these "allegations" and she promptly shoots them down with "rational" explanations and beucse he's horny and misses his ex he looks at her and wants to believe her and therefore has no choice but to shoot the messages which is.. you.

now instead of you being the giver of the red pill you are the reason why he has had to go " so long without getting in contact with the girl of his dreams" and he "can't believe how shallow some of his closest friends are and how jealous they are of what we had and my close relationship I had with a wonderful girl". a month ago he was envious of your ability to deal with women and now after she has "rebutted" his "lies" you are just a guy who is "jealous and scared of commitment and upset you can't find a good girl like he has"

then you wonder why he stops answering your calls and stops wanting to hang around. ironically enough she isn't ****ing him but in this guy's mind, he sees what he thinks is an in back with her and to show just how hardcore in love with the girl he is, he's gonna show that he has no place in his life for guys who stain the name of his girl, so you gots to go. in hism ind at this piont the more hard core he can be about denouncing your friendship the better chance he has of showing how much he loves her. you can pretty much figure out the rest.

bro i've ****ing written the book on this **** lol. im' telling you, the only way a guy is going to keep a good friend and get out of this **** is to beg you to show him the errors of his ways. he ahs to fully submit or else she has him on the cross.

his ego/need for femal attention is going to cloud all rational judgement. this is how guys like this roll.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
LoveTheLight said:

as part of his 'recovery', he needs to find this place and read up, if he doesnt, he isnt going to learn and despite his bitterness now, he will still be prone to making the same mistake again

Aristippus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Backbreaker,

In these cases forget about ego and forget about the possibility of losing a friend. First, if you lose a friend because you inform him that his ex was screwing around on him, this is his problem. SHE is the one who did wrong. It might be hard to tell him, but a real friend will appreciate it when you let him know his girlfriend betrayed him.

Second, NOT telling him is a terrible mistake. People base their decisions on the information they have. Knowing whether or not his ex cheated on him might make the difference between whether or not he chooses to take her back if she comes crawling back to him begging that they work things out. If he doesn't know, then he'd be more likely to take back a cheating ex. So he could at the very least be cheated on again. AND could potentially contract an STD if this woman repeatedly cheats.

And since she's already dishonest, I could easily see her either getting pregnant by someone else and telling him the baby is his, or forgetting (on purpose) to take her birth control. It would be completely irresponsible, cowardly, and selfish not to tell him. Just that one bit of knowledge, or withholding it, could mean the difference between him moving on and having a good life, or completely ruining his life for someone that doesn't care about him.

He did the right thing by telling his friend. This is not something trivial. This is serious stuff that can make or break a man financially, emotionally, and could seriously effect his health. What he chooses to do with the information is up to him, but at least you've done the right thing.

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoveTheLight said:
Cant say im surprised. This changed my view on women quite a bit, and strengthened my belief in what this community teaches.

They were together for two years. She was the nicest, shyest girl I know. He was your typical nice guy. Got her flowers at work, "i love you" all the time. You know the type of guy im talking about. She cheated on him twice with two different guys and he doesnt know. They've broken up for other reasons, but I dont plan on telling him. I would never think she would do this, he doesnt deserve it. Hes the nicest dude I know. Guess thats what happens when you're a nice guy...glad I know about this community so I can try and avoid what happened here

He's already heartbroken and I dont want to put this on him. Do you suggest I keep this to myself or tell him eventually?

Idk what I would do I'd prolly tell him

If they ever get back together I think you owe it to him to tell him, or els it makes you a bad friend. Especially if he's such a good guy and good friend.

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ScottMustaine said:
I said it once, will say it twice.

Fake Facebook profile, send a message. Done. Truth was told, his face was not shown thus risk of being confronted for not telling is at minimum.

Win-Win.

Why not just man up and tell him yourself? Id be pissed if a "friend" sent me an anonymous message or hid this info from me. if your friend was hooked on hard drugs would you just not say anything because you're afraid of thei reaction? Sometimes being a great friend means saying things your friend may not wanna hear, but needs to hear

How they choose to react is up to them, and if they take it out on you that's them not being a good friend and you can't worry yourself with that. You know you're doing th right thing and if your friend takes some time to think about it and puts his ego aside he will not be mad

Plutoman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker; Only if they are merely decent friends, not good or great friends. In the case of a truly great, close friend, the one you've known for many years past the length of your relationship, it'll hold together regardless. It depends on the friendship in and of itself.

As mentioned, though, critical to his benefiting is getting the red pill down him. I'd encourage sending him towards Rational Male, there's good concepts there.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have or at least, I had 2 best friends. I was the youngest of the three but I am/was the most successful thus I was the first one of us to move out of the house of the parents and get on my own.

When I was 21, the oldest of the three of us, he started dating a girl that lived in Virginia.. LDR I know strike one. I’m from Arkansas by the way. Anyway, she wasn’t even ****ing cute. At least not to me she was from Barbados and had the whole dread lock hair thing going and I wasn’t feeling it. She wasn’t Ugly but my friend had done much better. It’s lke he subscribed to the **** the hot ones but settle down with an avg looking girl belief.

Anyway, she came down here for an extended vacation of like a month and because I had an extra bedroom in my crib and he did not want to be shacked up with the girl in his house he asked could he live with me the month she was there. **** he practically lived there anyway lol so I was like sure dude I don’t give a ****. My LTR girl who I had dated for like 6 months by this time was living with me and we all got along.
Anyway, she gets here, I had just “retired” so I wasn’t working so every night we were up playing spades watching movies **** was ****ing fun for a minute. About.. about the week before she was to go back her and amber (my GF) started spending a lot more time together by themselves. I really liked amber and I didn’t see this as a bad thing, I figured it was good they got along because my friend was head over heels over this girl and I saw what was coming.

Anyway, one Sunday morning amber wakes me up and says look backbreaker I need to tell you something, but I don’t’ know if I can tell you. I don’t know how to tell you this. Now at first I was thinking okay come on spit it out who’d you **** lol; and she was like no no it’s not me it’s nothing like that. Andrea (my friends GF) has had me to cover for her for the last 2 times we went out. The first time we went to a club but she was meeting someone there. They kissed and stuff but I figured you know it’s none of my business but this time she just flat out didn’t’ go to the club she went to the dudes house and she asked me to to cover for her and I can’t do that to you.

Now, this dude, is completely 180 over this girl. I sat on this for like a week. I didn’t know what to do. Then when she left he told me how much he loves her and how he was thinking of proposing. He was just 22. I said okay bro enough is enough I got something to tell you so I told him. now he knows I have no reason to ****ing lie to him. so him and me and my other best friend who has basically by now just migrated to living on my couch lol have a tribunal and we say look bro she’s got to go.

Now mind you this isn’t some dude I had just met. I have known this dude since the 4thg rade. We have slept over each other’s houses, gone to each other’s family functions, **** I’ve gotten whipped by his momma lol. We are brothers in all but DNA.

So what happens? He confronts her. He breaks up with her. Even though she cheated on him, she really did like him a lot so she fought to get him back. I told him to cut contact. Nothing good can come from talking to her. He wouldn’t listen. “we are still friends”. She would feed him information about how she didn’t do what she asked. And then one day they get into it about it and she asks him to call amber my now EX GF and confirm the story, now knowing that she just moved to Virginia and I broke up with her that he can’t do this, she wins the argument on an acquittal lol. they start dating again.

But now instead of us being all cool and **** now she’s feeding him **** about how I’m a player and how I am just jealous of their relationship ., my other friend isn’t the problem I’m the one she has to get rid of because I’m the one with the first hand knowledge of the situation. She doesn’t like my influence over him. She doesn’t like me having girls and sometimes their friends over my house all the time now that I’m single and plate spinning to the max. she seals the deal by moving down here when she graduates and the day she moved he basically just feel off the face of the earth.

So about 2 months of this go by and I call him and I say dude, WTF get your ass over here. And he’s like man I’m trying to do the relationship thing and what you got going on over there isn’t gonna work right now with what I’m trying to do. this is my best mother****ing friend in the world. That **** cut me to deep. That hurt. That hurt just about as much as any girl ever breaking up with me hurt. I love to this day I love the dude.

Anyway, I learn through the grape vine.. they get married. I wasn’t even invited to the ****ing wedding. This dude played the piano at my dad and my mother’s wedding. We go from that to not even being asked to ****ing show up to his. About 2 years ago, which would make him 28, they got a divorce because he found out she had an affair. I learn this through my dad who runs into him from time to time because he works at the airport. Now he’s trying to get back in contact with me, giving my dad his new phone number and telling me to call him, etc, and I can’t’ do it, I don’t pick up friends who discard me no more than I pick up plates who say they want now to **** me. He made his choice he has to live with it. I’m not going to let friends just **** me over every time they are getting their **** wet. it kills me growing up that we used to assume we'd always be there for each other, we'd have kids and our kids would play with each other, now i have a son who is damn near 5 who he's never seen. that kills me. that's not how the tape was supposed to play out. i have a wife who has never met my best friend. who doesn't even know how i would act around a best friend. that kills me. all over "doing the right thing" all over some bull****. if i would have let him do what he was going to do anyway and he came to me one day and said backbreaker man what the **** am i doing wrong, i see you got this **** down pack how come i don't then i could have broken it down to him. but you lead someone to recovery who isn't ready for it, friend or not and they are going to associate you with the problem. My mom asks me all the time "what happened to your friend you guys were brothers now you don't talk did you get in a fight or something?" i don't even know what to tell her lol. i told him his girl was cheating on him and he married her and stopped talking to me lol?

then the other friend just got too butthurt i was now pulling tail better than his and tried to **** the amber girl on the DL and didn't think i would find out.. But the older friend wasn't cut out like that he didn't have those type of ego issues he was just a BETA male who was able to mask it b eucse he was a star athlete for so long but now he was suffering

this is one of the things i ponder about now at almost 30... reaching out back tot hem.. but we have grown so far apart i don't know if it's worth it anymore. I'm not the same guy as i was then. But I miss them like hell. over some bull****.

See, the friend in you wants to protect your friend. But you can’t. I would give just about anything to not have told him that, because now I know he was going to do what he wanted to do regardless of what I tell him to do because that’s what he wanted to do. but at least I’d have my best friend back. There is nothing I could have done to prevent him from going down the path that he went through. And this is a guy who got all kinds of ***** in HS. He’s the one who taught me how to play the piano, he’s very gifted and he was the school’s star basketball player and he’s a good looking dude who like me is pretty intelligent. We were 2 of the 4 black people in TAG lol.

So you have to ask yourself what is important. The red pill or your best friend. If she has her hooks in him like this girl had her hooks in my friend you won’t be able to have both.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BB.

Of course if the dude is in the relationship he is going to tend to spend more time with her and distance himself from any single friends.

It was messed up he completely lost contact though. A text once in a while wouldn't hurt though. I can understand all his reasoning behind him but even at the same time you must think logically and not all with emotions. The girl was just manipulative and he shoulda took a step outside the box and look at it from a logical stand point. "She is at the club? She isn't picking up the phone? My best bro telling me she cheated?"

You know you have a scandalous girl when she spends a lot of time at the clubs/bars.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
BB,

I think that is more a person predisposed towards extreme AFCism.

It likely would have made a big difference if they had already broken up and then he found out she was cheating on him.

It sounds to me more like he questioned whether she really cheated on him or not.
and how does the OP's friend not sound like the exact same dude?

BadNews

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you were my friend and I found out you HADN'T told me something like this, I'd hit you in the damn face..

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know its redundant, but TELL YOUR FRIEND ALREADY.

Look, your only fault here is not telling him about her cheating the moment you found out. Yes, he's probably going to be upset at you for not being the friend you SHOULD have been before, but it's better that you make up for it now than never. As alot of people mentioned earlier, imagine if the roles were reversed. Wouldn't you want your friends to tell you soon instead of you making a bigger fool out of yourself? It really is a matter of knowing your place when it comes to someone else's LTR, but when sh1t like this goes down, its necessary for a brother to intervene.

EDIT: His LTR with this ho is over sure, but his image of this ho obviously has not changed. WAKE HIM UP.