Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FIFA WORLD CUP - Official thread!

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Italia definitely didn't deserve to win the World Cup....but hey, thats how things go sometimes. I think they won games with their defense while only once in awhile breaking through with some offensive plays. Either Brazil or France should have won it.

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adone said:
I don't know what exactly you are referring to, but stuff like this has happened everywhere. Remember Eto'o in Spain?
Im referring to racisme as in making monkey sounds to african players , italy has been alot in the medias the past year or so about how coloured players are treated over there.... i know there is racisme in other countries aswell .... but italy has had alot of "incidents" the past year or so....

Adone said:
This is the most non-sense sentence ever written on this board. I completely despise fascism (and not facisme), but what has this to do with thinking to be above other people? If you are talking about Nationalism, it's something that has affected EVERY european nation and fascism was just a degeneration of that, caused by lots of other factors.
Im not talking about nationalism , im taking about Fascism wich is a political philosophy that combines elements of corporatism, authoritarianism, extreme nationalism, militarism, anti-rationalism, anti-anarchism, anti-communism and anti-liberalism.
Yeah it prolly shouldnt have been brought up by me as a point , but it was late at night and i was buzzed.
but what my point was , i think.... , The people in italy believe themself to be above all others , not in a nationalistic way but rather in a fascict way , if you go to italy you can see that small towns who live like ten miles from each other despises each others way of life , even the way they cook , if you make somethign that is considered being a specialty in another small town you will be yelled at and told to never do so again.why because thats how they do in that other town and not in this town..... they are very conservative and very very closminded , therefore other ethniticies and religions and basicly social norms are very rediculed there....

(ps : sory for my bad english grammar , you must take grammar very seriously , but english isent my first language its neither my second language)

Adone said:
This is even worse than the last one. Do you know why so many black people are in the France National team? Because lots of black people live in France. Why lots of people live in France? Because Frenchmen used to go all crazy and stuff conquering colonies in Africa until 50 years ago. People that didn't want to suffer and die there used to escape to France. Their grandsons now consider themselves French. Why aren't there any black people in Russian team? Why aren't there any black people in Swedish team? Why aren't there any black people in Greek team?
Another point i shouldnt have made , didnt mean anything special by it , just that groups of all white males usually will end up making remarks against other coloureds and so will all coloured males against whites , so will arabs against others a, so will chinese against other ethnicities.... its just how it is now a days.....

Adone said:
Materazzi (and not Mazaratti) is an idiot and is used to provoke other players, but he has never called Zidane "you fùcked up pedophile assfùcker", he just defined him a "terrorist". Materazzi has made a big mistake (and in my opinion he should have been disqualified lots of other times in the past), but Zidane had no right to hit him close to the heart with his head.

Quit posting bullshìt and get your facts straight.
i didnt say that materazzi said that i said that someone wrote that they think he said that... i cant read lips so i cant say what he said . but there are some speculations now that what he did say was "terrorist" and sicne zizou is a muslim he probably took it as very offencive...
ps some people call Materazzi for Mazaratti (,as the car,) here ...
so IM VERY SORRY that you get this offended by something a person you dont even know types sumthing on a board..... geez.....

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Italy deserved the win, Materazzi may well have deserved the butt.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Our Mayor in Boston had a big-screen TV outside to watch the game and 6,000 people showed up. I think it was the only big city in the United States that did this. However, if Italy was not in the final, the outside showing would not have happened since the Boston mayor is Italian-American.

BTW, Adone...are you from Italia?

Reloaded

Banned
Reaction score
What many people don't realize is the mental strain an event like this can give a player.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, after watching practically the entire cup, I am not quiet sure how Italy came away as the World Cup champions. I definately dont think they deserved it. France outplayed them for me, and they were VERY lucky against Australia. Germany match they deserved the win, and Ukraine, WTF is that for a quarter final?!?! Their group was hard, but they did not look overly impressive.

France is the ONLY team that deserved the WC for me. Solidly outplaying Spain and Brazil, close match with Portugal and a game they should have won against Italy is a great feat for me. Zizou "maybe" deserved the golden ball, if anything, even on his performance against Brazil alone. But he did not play well half the tournament.

For all those calling Zizou an idiot, must have no idea about the sport, he lost his head, and Materazzi obviously provoked him. Zidane has a reputation as being one of the most respectable and well liked footballers world wide. Shame he didnt sink that header towards the end, what a fitting ending to a dazzling career that would have been!

Oh well, four more years :( how sad! Although the Euro should be great in a couple of years.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Morphiex said:
Im referring to racisme as in making monkey sounds to african players , italy has been alot in the medias the past year or so about how coloured players are treated over there.... i know there is racisme in other countries aswell .... but italy has had alot of "incidents" the past year or so....
That was Spain, not Italy. People from Real Sociedad making fun of Samuel Eto'o (Barcellona) with monkey sounds. In Italy, it happened just once, A LOT LESS than other countries, even England or France.

Morphiex said:
but what my point was , i think.... , The people in italy believe themself to be above all others , not in a nationalistic way but rather in a fascict way , if you go to italy you can see that small towns who live like ten miles from each other despises each others way of life , even the way they cook , if you make somethign that is considered being a specialty in another small town you will be yelled at and told to never do so again.why because thats how they do in that other town and not in this town..... they are very conservative and very very closminded , therefore other ethniticies and religions and basicly social norms are very rediculed there....
Man, this is simply stereotypical. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. In some cities in the South it happens. But it's like saying that EVERY american is a redneck that fùcks his daughter and sister.

Morphiex said:
(ps : sory for my bad english grammar , you must take grammar very seriously , but english isent my first language its neither my second language)
Maybe I came across as focused on your grammar, but that wasn't my point. The thing is, I go to a board and I see someone posting bullshìt about my country saying that we are all related to "Fecisme", obviously I think he's just talking out of his narrow mind. I didn't know you weren't English/American.

Morphiex said:
ps some people call Materazzi for Mazaratti (,as the car,) here ...
so IM VERY SORRY that you get this offended by something a person you dont even know types sumthing on a board..... geez.....
1. The car is called Maseratti, not Mazaratti.
2. I'm not offended, I'm disappointed that you used an Italian victory to throw shìt at my country. I often despise Italy (I was born in Sardinia, which is now an Italian region, but I don't consider myself Italian), but I don't use a sport as a means to insult it.

CLOONEY said:
France is the ONLY team that deserved the WC for me. Solidly outplaying Spain and Brazil, close match with Portugal and a game they should have won against Italy is a great feat for me. Zizou "maybe" deserved the golden ball, if anything, even on his performance against Brazil alone. But he did not play well half the tournament.
True, France were extremely good and Zizou should win the golden ball.

CLOONEY said:
For all those calling Zizou an idiot, must have no idea about the sport, he lost his head, and Materazzi obviously provoked him. Zidane has a reputation as being one of the most respectable and well liked footballers world wide. Shame he didnt sink that header towards the end, what a fitting ending to a dazzling career that would have been!
As I already said, Materazzi is an idiot and a provoker (google "Cirillo and materazzi"). Anyway Zidane is not really respectable. When he played in Juventus, he used to get pretty heated up very often. He got more relaxed in his 30s.

Morphiex said:
he insulted Zidane`s mother like three times and on the day wich she was very ill.....
I don't care what that site says (every site is saying something different): Materazzi has NEVER insulted anyone's mother. You know why? Because his mother died when he was really young, so he doesn't appreciate remarks about people's parents neither makes them. He may have said everything, but nothing about Zidane's mother.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shezz said:
Materazzi is a very poor defender. Lets face it, the guy couldn't even get in the Everton team! :yes:

Zidane should have dropped the nut straight between his eyes.

Sarge On...
Then the Dinamo players should all play for Chelsea as Dinamo won 5-1 against Everton last autumn :D

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adone said:
Anyway Zidane is not really respectable. When he played in Juventus, he used to get pretty heated up very often. He got more relaxed in his 30s.
Zizou has always been renowned to have his "snap" moments. However, generally, Zidane is recognised, especially by the players, as one of the greatest humans in world soccer, and a role model for everyone. He lives a very stable and good life, and is only ever kind to practically everyone he meets.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY said:
Zizou has always been renowned to have his "snap" moments. However, generally, Zidane is recognised, especially by the players, as one of the greatest humans in world soccer, and a role model for everyone. He lives a very stable and good life, and is only ever kind to practically everyone he meets.
Yes, but, as you say, he's always gotten snap moments, so it's pretty lame to say that he's so calm and relaxed that only a "bad guy" like Materazzi can get him heated up.

Anyway, everybody's discussing this, but do you remember 2004? Poulsen and the other Danes were disturbing Totti for the whole match, he finally "snapped" and spit at Poulsen. He didn't even touch him, he didn't hit him with the head, just spit at him. Why everybody was against Totti then? He was a lot more forgivable than Zidane, since he did no harm to the other player and he had been insulted and made fun of all the match, not just a couple of seconds, like Zidane.

I think there's a bit too much people hating Italy (Korea 2002 says anything?)

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the national tactic of diving and whining might be the impetus of the "hating".

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
doctoroxygen said:
I think the national tactic of diving and whining might be the impetus of the "hating".
What about the penalty given to France right in the Final? Have you seen a close-up replay? Materazzi didn't even touch their player, thus he dived and they scored thanks to that.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adone said:
What about the penalty given to France right in the Final? Have you seen a close-up replay? Materazzi didn't even touch their player, thus he dived and they scored thanks to that.
This in no way is a rebuttal to the argument that Italians are divers, and is in fact a "red herring".

Also, the ref did not give another penalty in the second half, which was actually warranted, so it's balanced.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adone said:
Yes, but, as you say, he's always gotten snap moments, so it's pretty lame to say that he's so calm and relaxed that only a "bad guy" like Materazzi can get him heated up.

Anyway, everybody's discussing this, but do you remember 2004? Poulsen and the other Danes were disturbing Totti for the whole match, he finally "snapped" and spit at Poulsen. He didn't even touch him, he didn't hit him with the head, just spit at him. Why everybody was against Totti then? He was a lot more forgivable than Zidane, since he did no harm to the other player and he had been insulted and made fun of all the match, not just a couple of seconds, like Zidane.

I think there's a bit too much people hating Italy (Korea 2002 says anything?)
I never said Zidane was "so calm and relaxed that only a "bad guy" like Materazzi can get him heated up"............

I said that Zidane has a great reputation, so all the guys bagging him out must have no idea about the man and about the world game.

Zidane did NO harm, it was a header to the chest, it would barely hurt, Materazzi dived to make it look theatrical! It should have been a red card, yes, but it wasnt nearly as bad as Materazzi made it look.

You said Materazzi would have said NOTHING about Zidanes mother? I would tend to beleive Zidane over Materazzi any day of the week. Materazzi at least to me, is now a blatant lier.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adone said:
I agree, I dont beleive that was a foul, it was a dive! That being said, the Italians made other dirty tackles in the box during the match, and a France penalty to one of those was very fair and deserved.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY said:
You said Materazzi would have said NOTHING about Zidanes mother? I would tend to beleive Zidane over Materazzi any day of the week. Materazzi at least to me, is now a blatant lier.
1st. Have you ever been hit to the chest? I've been hit once and the following day I could barely move. Now, Zidane's hit wasn't so hard, but hitting someone's chest is extremely dangerous.

2nd. I'll tell you again, Materazzi has NEVER said anything about anyone's mom, because he lost his own one when he was young. He may have insulted his sister, his wife, whatever, but he has NOT insulted his mother.