Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FIFA WORLD CUP - Official thread!

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey mods, can we please get this thread sticky, and use this thread for all world cup talk for us soccer fans?

Well, it is only days away, final picks guys?

Cisse just got injured, a major blow for France! Rooney got cleared, you English fans will be cheering!

I think the cup will come down to a Brazil V Netherlands final.

Although the darkhorse is Ukraine, and Portugal might do well also.

Italy and Spain are on large unbeaten streaks (I think around 15 for Italy) and 22 for Spain.

Who is in contention, and who thinks Costa Rica (I think it is), has a chance against Germany in the opening game? Maybe another upset like France V Senegal in the opening match of last world cup? I doubt it.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
USA will surprise.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shezz said:
The Brazilians are lethal in midfield and attack but their defence leaves alot to be desired
Really? What about Cafu, Cicinho, Lucio, Juan, Roberto Carlos, Gilberto, Cris and Luisao, that is all of them?

I agree that Brazil has a bad reputation for defensive players (with some exception, though), but their line this year is almost up to par with the rest of the team

Buck Rogers

Don Juan
Reaction score
England, Brazil, Germany, Argentina are the sides to whatch this time round. Brazil will probably do it again but who knows, but world cup fever has struck everyone in the England and i CANT WIT TILL SATURDAY when we beat the hell outta Paraguay!

by the way wotch out for the Angola and Togo.

TheMainMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
England! Bring it on! This could be our time, I honestly believe that.

Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard, Terry, Owen would get into any team. Just got to gel as a unit.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomorrow I doubt Germany will win. At least, not by a lot.

I won't say who I think will win because if Costa Rica gets goaled I will lose all my soccer credibility haha.

TheoTiger

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right now, I really don't care who's going to make it to the finals. Why that? Simply because in Dortmund (on of the World Cup cities) we have a big non-stop party. It started yesterday and it will end on July 9th.

Time to sarge....:woo: :cheer: :rockon:

Besides: Brazil has a big chance of winning, but something tells me they are not going to make it.

Reaction score
england sucks....despite the big names and the club performance, the national team just doesn't perform as a unit...i predict semis or quarters for england, again.

germany will go far, even if they suck--korea sucked, and they went to the semis.

brazil will probably go to the finals,

and then its either argentina/italy

then there will always be the surprise team, like ivory coast, for example.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
England is fielding one of the strongest teams in a long time. With Rooney fit i have never seen a better England squad. You say about Brazils midfield and attack. We have stars worth 30m a piece in 5 out of 6 of those postions....Gerrard, Beckham, Lampard, Owen and Rooney. The only weak one is Joe Cole and hes good. He doesnt pass enough. Defence we are sitting good. Dont know what mental state Sol is in so Terry and Rio would be out best mid defence. Cole on left and Neville seeing his last world cup on the right. Robinson is an ok keeper.....wish we could do better. Still. These are nit picks. We are sitting good.....seeded 2nd

stevey_2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tomatoes, i agree mate, we have a very good chance of winning it...think we had a small chance without rooney but with him we will win it, i remain optimistic that we will do the business, stevey gerrard will score a 30 yarder into the top corner against the brazilians, just like he did in the FA cup final...

to be honest i'm just happy there's so much football on over the next 4/5 weeks, bring it on.....

p.s, germany will lose this afternoon!

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cisse should still be playin, did anyone see his leg break during the friendly...It was the defenders fault. Its on youtube if you want to see it *shudders*

I think that there is gonna be at least one team that everyone is suprised by. remember Japan was so good in 02 world cup with ono and nakata playin great ball...

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
some newbies countries are there to surprise the world. Watch Angola, Togo, and Ghana in this year's world cup.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ONLY HOURS AWAY!!!!!

2-0 to Germany in the opening match I predict!

After reading, just a few thoughts.........

I honestly beleive Lucio is one of the best defenders I have EVER seen, and will be critical in the Brazilian defence.

I think the Darkhorse will be Ukraine!

The 1-1 Holland V Australia was a pretty easy match for Holland and did not reflect in the score. Australia should have had at least 2-3 red cards IMHO, and a score of about 3-1 would have probably been a better reflection of the game. And since I am Australian, that is definately not biased, they just hustled very well and played rough. Holland looked VERY GOOD on the ball, some brilliant touches, and Robben showed his LIGHTENING quick pace and dazzling skills! The Australian keeper Schwartzer was the man in that game!

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
amoka said:
some newbies countries are there to surprise the world. Watch Angola, Togo, and Ghana in this year's world cup.
Are you serious? I think the Ivory Coast and Tunisia are the best of the African nations. That being said, Ivory Coast (due to being placed in one of the groups of death), I beleive the Italy group is also a group of death, will not make it through the first round.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Other than England the only other teams i see wining it are Brazil or Argintina. They have such a good team on paper and also people like Messi are excellent players.

Reaction score
Its probably gonna get rigged and the championship is gonna be given to Germany