Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FIFA WORLD CUP - Official thread!

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would Zidane make that up, then?

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
doctoroxygen said:
Why would Zidane make that up, then?
As far as I know, Zidane has never explicitly said that Materazzi insulted his mother. He just said something along the lines of "That was too bad of an insult to let me repeat it".

Sadhbh

Reaction score
does it really matter what the insults are? Materazzi already admitted to insulting Zidane...and urges FIFA not to strip him of his award. Obviously guilty. Although pardoning Zidane's headbutt would also been ridiculous, but he got red carded and kicked out of the game

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adone said:
1st. Have you ever been hit to the chest? I've been hit once and the following day I could barely move. Now, Zidane's hit wasn't so hard, but hitting someone's chest is extremely dangerous.

2nd. I'll tell you again, Materazzi has NEVER said anything about anyone's mom, because he lost his own one when he was young. He may have insulted his sister, his wife, whatever, but he has NOT insulted his mother.
1st, I boxed for several years, so yes, I have been hit to the chest multiple times! If that headbut made him fall and lie there like that he surely must not be a man. It was a red card offence, but overly exadurated again. You could barely move the next day? WTF happened to you? Being hit to the chest takes the wind out of you, further if it is hard enough (VERY VERY hard), it can make your heart jump. It is not like breaking ribs though, so no idea why you could not move.........

2nd, Zidane stated he insulted his mother and his sister, never the exact insults were talked of, but for you to say he has NEVER said anything about anyones mum, lol. You were not on the pitch next to them, so your guess is as good as anyone elses. Looking at the two of them guys, I would definately tend to beleive Zizou, considering the man seems a LOT more respectable.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On other news, how about Juve, Fiorentina and Lazio all being relegated to Serie B, I really do feel sorry for Italian supporters, its not their fault the dumb azz Mafia gets involved, and this along with the fact that the Italian league is already dieing, it going to nearly destroy the league!

That being said, should be interesting to see how the Italian players do out of their domestic league, most seem to stay at home to play their football. Will also be interesting to watch this transfer time, there are going to be a LOT of HUGE buys! Nedved, Zambrotta, Cannavaro and Buffon all play for Juve no? Also, doesnt Viera play there? Maybe Ibrahimavic and a couple of other top strikers?

What I dont get, is how the players and coach did not get done, when to fix a match, they are the most crucial people that need to be involved..........shouldnt they get punished also? Juve is pretty much done as a club for a while, since it looks like it will take them at least two seasons to get back to Serie A (as they are being deducted 30 points for their first season in B). Thats right, even Del Piero (even though is old), Toni, Thuram (old again), Trezeguet and Camoranesi play for Juve huh!! Fukc, what a team! I always used to enjoy watching them, back in their times they had Boksic (however you spell it), but havent watched the Italian league in a while now. HUGE shame for Juve! No wonder they won the league the last two seasons, if my memory serves me correctly!

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY said:
On other news, how about Juve, Fiorentina and Lazio all being relegated to Serie B, I really do feel sorry for Italian supporters, its not their fault the dumb azz Mafia gets involved, and this along with the fact that the Italian league is already dieing, it going to nearly destroy the league!

That being said, should be interesting to see how the Italian players do out of their domestic league, most seem to stay at home to play their football. Will also be interesting to watch this transfer time, there are going to be a LOT of HUGE buys! Nedved, Zambrotta, Cannavaro and Buffon all play for Juve no? Also, doesnt Viera play there? Maybe Ibrahimavic and a couple of other top strikers?

What I dont get, is how the players and coach did not get done, when to fix a match, they are the most crucial people that need to be involved..........shouldnt they get punished also? Juve is pretty much done as a club for a while, since it looks like it will take them at least two seasons to get back to Serie A (as they are being deducted 30 points for their first season in B). Thats right, even Del Piero (even though is old), Toni, Thuram (old again), Trezeguet and Camoranesi play for Juve huh!! Fukc, what a team! I always used to enjoy watching them, back in their times they had Boksic (however you spell it), but havent watched the Italian league in a while now. HUGE shame for Juve! No wonder they won the league the last two seasons, if my memory serves me correctly!

The Mafia hasn't anything to do with this. Mafia in Italy is now limited to certain parts of Sicily and does not get involved with soccer or this kind of thing.
Most Juventus players are going away. Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Emerson and Thuram have already signed with Barcelona and Real Madrid. Also, Ibrahimovic is going away. Buffon, Del Piero, Camoranesi, Nedved and maybe Trezeguet have accepted to play in Serie B (the Second Division). I think that if these players will play in Juve, that team is going to make it to the Serie A in just one season.
There would be no point in punishing the players, because the corruption involved referees, not players.

P.S.: Toni plays in Fiorentina, not Juve:)

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adone said:
The Mafia hasn't anything to do with this. Mafia in Italy is now limited to certain parts of Sicily and does not get involved with soccer or this kind of thing.
Most Juventus players are going away. Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Emerson and Thuram have already signed with Barcelona and Real Madrid. Also, Ibrahimovic is going away. Buffon, Del Piero, Camoranesi, Nedved and maybe Trezeguet have accepted to play in Serie B (the Second Division). I think that if these players will play in Juve, that team is going to make it to the Serie A in just one season.
There would be no point in punishing the players, because the corruption involved referees, not players.

P.S.: Toni plays in Fiorentina, not Juve:)
Yes, I am aware of the transfers now, damn Barca gonna be hard to beat this season with both Thuram and Zambrotta!

Juve still has a LOT of points minused in their first season in B, so will be hard to make it still.

I am not too aware of the exact nature of the scandal, I just heard it was the mafia who was involved (so who did pay off the refs etc?). I am also aware the Italian mafia has been destroyed in many parts of the world, Russians are far more ruthless.

Gotta feel sorry for the Italian league though, not like it wasnt in enough trouble already, its sponsorships and television rights are going to fall even further now. Other than the Milan teams, Italy has some very poor teams in comparison to England for example. (at least in terms of quality transfers and contracts to players from around the world).

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CLOONEY said:
Yes, I am aware of the transfers now, damn Barca gonna be hard to beat this season with both Thuram and Zambrotta!

Juve still has a LOT of points minused in their first season in B, so will be hard to make it still.

I am not too aware of the exact nature of the scandal, I just heard it was the mafia who was involved (so who did pay off the refs etc?). I am also aware the Italian mafia has been destroyed in many parts of the world, Russians are far more ruthless.

Gotta feel sorry for the Italian league though, not like it wasnt in enough trouble already, its sponsorships and television rights are going to fall even further now. Other than the Milan teams, Italy has some very poor teams in comparison to England for example. (at least in terms of quality transfers and contracts to players from around the world).

I can assure you that the Mafia is not involved at all. I don't know where you read that stuff, but the scandal was this: Luciano Moggi's (Juventus main CEO) phone calls were traced by the police and the Gazzetta dello Sport (the main soccer newspaper in Italy) published them. Basically, Moggi had very good relationships with the people who choosed who had to refer which match. Guess what, Juventus had always "easy" referees that used to help them. Everybody in Italy knew this since at least 10 years, but nothing was ever done. Thanks to the phone calls traced, everything is out now. Milan, Lazio & Fiorentina have been accused of being helped by Moggi to win certain matches, but I hardly believe that it is true.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Must have been some firm evidence on Lazio and Fiorentina also. Plus AC misses the champions league also, somehow they must have been involved.

All clear now.