Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Favorite Openers

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forgive me for asking such a simple question, but this is a huge sticking point for me. Now i realize "pickup lines" aren't some magic formula, but the right opener can be very effective. I feel like i can do very well at almost any other part of the interaction aside from opening and the time right after the opener. It's not even really approach anxiety so much as it's me having no idea what to say. I find myself reverting to really lame chode stuff like "hey, what's up?" or "hey, who're you?", which can work with like HB7's, but is especially lame with 9's or 10's.

Not only is lack of good openers a problem for me, but even if I successfully open a set, i find myself unable to follow up with anything interesting. I hate regular small talk after the opener, but sometimes i don't know what else to say...

I have better results opening mixed sets, because i introduce myself to the guys and make friends with them, and then kind of snub the girls until they're trying to get my attention (similar to mystery method). But those sets of like 3 hot chicks are so hard to open for me....it's like instant annihilation haha

Give me your favorite creative openers (field tested, ones that work for you, not just stuff you copied from online) for the following situations (and preferably something to follow up with):

College House Party (mostly this one)

Packed College Bar

College club

(inb4 "Hi." or "Hey.")

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can open realy boring, or lame, if shes interested she'll be all excited even with hey whatsup or how your doing

just dont use the cliche stupid pick up lines they just seem to turn off girls

if you wanna make it really clear your hitting on her, give her a big smile, if she smiles back approach and say 'hey i find you cute so I had to come talk to you' 'whatsup' and go

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tictac said:
Try 'Hello'.

Works wonders.

"(inb4 "Hi." or "Hey.")"....same thing

I know. C'mon, i mean more interesting stuff than that. I'm not saying basic stuff is ineffective. However, i sometimes don't know what to follow up with after the "hello"

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey I saw you over here and wanted to meet you."

Simple. Effective.

What matters MOST is HOW you say your opener, not WHAT the opener is. Say it with confidence, and with volume.

Honestly, as soon as the conversation gets rolling, the opener isn't going to be significant again. DO NOT SAY IT SHEEPISHLY.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea vice i like that...it's similar to "You looked interesting and I thought i'd come introduce myself"

What about something direct like "Hey! Who're you?!", said in a very high energy, commanding voice....like you're walking past her at a party and you act like you just saw her and grab her hand and basically pull her over to you. Would that be effective?

I also think you could pull off really cheesy pickup lines with the full knowledge that it's a cheesy pickup line. Something like what the Fresh Prince would say... goofy sh!t like "I think I've seen your picture somewhere before... oh yeah that's right, it was in the dictionary next to KABLAM!" or ". I noticed you noticing me, so I just wanted to put you on notice.. that I notice you too"

What about walking up to her, acting like you know her, and going "Theeere you are! Sorry i'm late, i hope i didnt keep you waiting too long?"

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
gravityeyelids said:
Yea vice i like that...it's similar to "You looked interesting and I thought i'd come introduce myself"

What about something direct like "Hey! Who're you?!", said in a very high energy, commanding voice....like you're walking past her at a party and you act like you just saw her and grab her hand and basically pull her over to you. Would that be effective?

I also think you could pull off really cheesy pickup lines with the full knowledge that it's a cheesy pickup line. Something like what the Fresh Prince would say... goofy sh!t like "I think I've seen your picture somewhere before... oh yeah that's right, it was in the dictionary next to KABLAM!" or ". I noticed you noticing me, so I just wanted to put you on notice.. that I notice you too"

What about walking up to her, acting like you know her, and going "Theeere you are! Sorry i'm late, i hope i didnt keep you waiting too long?"
Dude, just start with "You looked interesting and I thought i'd come introduce myself" for a few months, and THEN worry about having varying openers. Start simple. Honestly, saying "You looked interesting and I thought i'd come introduce myself" say all the right things about you from the start. Everything else is kind of try hard and douchey.

dutchmaster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey, I like your (insert random bullsh1t u think she likes to get complimented on. Smile, hair, clothes, piercing, pvssy etc) :)"

Stort_Brød

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^^^ nooo! that is suicide! they have heard the " you have a beatiful smile, eyes, hair, laugh" line a million and one times.

Really man just stick with the tried and true line of "hey I'm ____" and go from there. as said previously it is not what you say but how you say it. Create a presence for yourself! speak up with confidence, importance & authority, posture! head up shoulders back take up your space.

Calm and confident is the key. C&F is always great too. but seriously never used a cheesy opening line nor do I feel the need to.

dutchmaster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stort_Brød said:
^^^ nooo! that is suicide! they have heard the " you have a beatiful smile, eyes, hair, laugh" line a million and one times.

Really man just stick with the tried and true line of "hey I'm ____" and go from there. as said previously it is not what you say but how you say it. Create a presence for yourself! speak up with confidence, importance & authority, posture! head up shoulders back take up your space.

Calm and confident is the key. C&F is always great too. but seriously never used a cheesy opening line nor do I feel the need to.
I'm not saying it's beautiful.. I'm telling her I like it, telegraphing my interest to her.

Works for me, but I have a very charming personality, maybe it wouldn't work for more macho guys (which I'm assuming you probably fall more into the category of)

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep it simple and natural,

"Hello umm I was watching you... no I mean you were here and I came across you so... I mean, you were here and I saw you from there. Umm, I WAS over there when I saw you then I came over here to talk to you... so... umm, do you have a... uhh are you.... if you don't... I mean if you don't have a boyfriend and uhh maybe you uhh... maybe, I could have your number? I mean, I mean... if you have a boyfriend then... ohh, yeah? Ohhh... okay... well... yeah ok uhhh... ha ha. Yeah. Well... okay, yeah umm. B... mmm bye!"

Try to make your voice crack at the end when you say "bye" for the added touch

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's more of what you say after, analyse the situation look at her
what is she wearing?
what is she doing?
whats happening at the party?
what kind of girl does she look like? (a bit of friendly stereotyping isn't too bad)

Simple enter with what most guys said on here "Hey you looked interesting and I just want to come over and talk to you" Then bam change subject and go off from there.

A few creative openers work too and crazy ones, but this will be dependent on the situation, but if in doubt go with the other one.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, honestly the one i fall back on the most is simply "Hey, who are you?" Or "hey what's your name?"

I used to try and get all complicated and go indirect and all that, but i;ve learned that most girls are pretty receptive and will open right up to me after i introduce myself. It probably helps that i'm a good looking guy and usually dress well...others may have better experience with indirect stuff.

Problem is...while 7's and 8's who dont have as much of a ***** shield as hotter girls may be very receptive to this..i feel like there needs to be something a bit more tactful for the 9's and 10's. The super hot girls wont engage you as easily, and could throw something at you like "what do you want?" or simply tell you their name and turn away before you say anything further.

One thing that ive been using a ton is instant kino from the handshake. When you go to take the girl's hand, grab it briefly and then let it slide out of your hand until you are holding onto the tips of your fingers and just keep holding on to her hand while you talk to her. I've been told to do this, but always thought it sounded creepy...But as long as you keep talking, don't look at the hand and act like you're not even aware of it, it's shocking how long girls will let you hold onto their hand while you're talking.

I have been reading GoodLookingLoser's blog recently quite a bit, and he is super super direct. I was watching field videos where he goes up to a girl at say a bar, and just goes "hey you're cute." and the girl promptly responds "you're cute too" and then they introduce themselves...Can this be an effective line? On one hand i make a point to almost never compliment a girl on her appearance directly. So the obvious critique is that will telegraph way too much interest right away. However. The way that he was doing this was in a voice that was extremely authoritative and confident, almost like he was expecting a compliment in return. I feel like this line could work if you are an attractive, well dressed guy.

rushing dude 123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to do some field work, we can give you tips all day, but at the end of the day you are going to be the only one who will be able to find out what your style is.

So just try your ideas out and see where it gets you.

If you go up to a HB 9+ and open her up with a genuine approach and she acts like a ***** then next her. Just treat her how you would treat the others, but maybe with a tad bit more teasing and call her out on her **** if she pulls it.