Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fat dudes/ugly guys DON'T get attractive women

Captin Krunch

Don Juan
Reaction score
(in katt williams voice) SEE THATS THE KIND OF THINKING THAT MAKES U A...B1TCH A*^ PERSON! lol.....homie IM fat....and i got FAT friends...and please believe me when i say that its ALLL about how you put yourself out there...you have to go that extra mile to look clean and in order...not all sloppy and insecure...My friend that is fat pulls ALLLL the hottest chicks...and as im thinkin about it...i dont think he even has a job (he is in college)...and maybe it helps me out that im not a ugly fat person...so im still pulling chicks......

actionjaxson

Don Juan
Reaction score
i know fat guys who have hot girls. theres this black one he kind of looks like sean kingston and hes dating this hot asian girl. i know this fat spanish guy everytime i see him hes with hot girls. i know this ugly white guy that has a hot girlfriend too.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tip for my fellow big people havin trouble cuttin the fat as fast as they would like: do lifts at the gym for makin your shoulders/traps/lats bigger. if you're fat but your shoulders are wider than you're gut, you go from "fat" to being "big" ;) still work on cutting the fat, but i find it easier to build muscle that cut fat and it's a quick fix to your overall body image while the long term goal remains with cutting fat

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Belmar2009 said:
Unless.......they have money/and or status.

Some people on this board and the "dating experts" claim looks don't matter.

This is easily refuted when out in public when you see fat guys with GUESS WHAT?

.....Other Ugly Fat women!!

Honestly how often do you see an out of shape guy with an attractive women. VERY RARELY!!

They are usually with the mediocre and good looking guys.

All you FAT DJ'S, quit kidding yourself you will get a cute/hot chick on confidence and game alone.....IT WON'T HAPPEN until you get yourself to the gym and change your diet to lose that lard.
Generally speaking this is true. Looks to matter to a certain extent. I don't think anyone who isn't deluding themselves thinks otherwise. And there's an inverse to your perspective, which is why are so many dudes who seemingly have their sh!t together with this fat/fugly women, who often are just harpies in disguise anyway. See it nearly every day. A guy I work with has a decent looking wife who works on the other end of the building from us. She came in today and basically deballed him in front of all of us. She doesn't know us and we don't know her. 50 years ago that would have earned her a busted lip and a black eye if she'd pulled a stunt like that. Poor guy doesn't know any different and just puts up with it.

Accension

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow another one that thinks money has something to do with attraction.
Ugly guys can't get laid?
hahahaha enjoy being unsuccessful with women from your limited beliefs.

Whilst you're at it, don't even bother approaching a HB10 unless you have 2% body fat and a good 10 grand in the bank.
Then and only then will you be worthy of the god like HB10 in all of her shining glory

I mean there's no possible way someone below 5 on the looks scale could obtain someone above 5 on the looks scale.
That just wouldn't be logical when women themselves are so logical.

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Accension said:
Wow another one that thinks money has something to do with attraction.
Ugly guys can't get laid?
hahahaha enjoy being unsuccessful with women from your limited beliefs.

Whilst you're at it, don't even bother approaching a HB10 unless you have 2% body fat and a good 10 grand in the bank.
Then and only then will you be worthy of the god like HB10 in all of her shining glory

I mean there's no possible way someone below 5 on the looks scale could obtain someone above 5 on the looks scale.
That just wouldn't be logical when women themselves are so logical.
Your ire is noted and dismissed. Nobody is saying you need xyz to get a HB 9/10. What he's saying is that most tubs of lard aren't going to score a mega hottie. World just doesn't work that way. Game can get you past some of the natural disqualifiers out there such as height, looks, etc. But the fact of the matter is that women still get wet from good looking dudes based on looks alone. If you're visually repulsive then it's going to take an inordinate amount of game or being seen as high value from something else to overcome that. 99.9% of the men out there, including most of the guys in the community, will never reach that level. What I mean by this is that if you're 300lbs at 5'6", don't have a good job, and all the world is stacked against you, then just learning pickup isn't going to be the magic cure-all with most women of high quality who have options. They often won't even give you the opportunity to wow them with game and shut you down before you can win them over. Gaming them isn't an option many times. Seen this myself. You need to learn to find women that are receptive to your approach. If they're repulsed before you can get knock on the door, let a lone get your foot in there, no amount of game is going to help.

There's favorable, neutral, and unfavorable states of women towards guys approaching them based just on looks alone, assuming you don't have preselection and other variables in your corner when you do a cold approach. If they're unfavorable then they might just walk away or physically avoid your presence. If they're neutral they may listen to your game and be swayed or not. If they're already favorable you dont' really need game, you just need not frak it up by saying something stupid. Good looking guys are and example of the last, most guys fall somewhere in the middle, and the guys I'm talking about (and think the OP is talking about) are the first.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was one overweight guy I knew who (somehow) made it work. He was about 6' something and about 250 lbs. He was a white guy with dread locks, and didn't always shower - he looked kinda like a hippy. But there was something about his personality that made everyone like him and women follow him around. It was the strangest thing.

I remember asking women "what do you like about that guy" and them saying "I don't know there's just something about him". Most people knew him because he worked at the local Starbucks and served coffee. So it's not like he had some kind of high social status. But the customers loved him and so did the ladies. There was even one man eater who fell for his game.

But!

But the truth is this guy is probably one in ten million. Probably the kind of fat guy you only ever meet once in a lifetime if that.

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Your bulletproof game and charming personality wont make you look any better with your shirt off.
I can't believe that a moderator is posting this negative mindset.

First off, not every woman likes the same thing. Believe it or not there are some women that actually LIKE overweight guys. I remember reading an article where they were interviewing Leah Rimini from King of Queens and the guy was talking about how the story line was so improbable. And Leah went on to say that she actually thought that Doug from the show was pretty hot. Before you go on to say, oh yeah but he is a celebrity, I know at least a couple of "real life Dougs" who are overweight, but ****y funny and get attractive women. If you read this thread you will see that I am not the only one who knows guys like this.

And to answer OPs question, in the last two days I have seen two couples where the guy was significantly uglier and fatter than his girlfriend. One was an HB8 at least and the guy was a 5 at best. He was dressed OK, but nothing special, he didn't exude wealth, so it must have been something else.

You DON'T have to be a buff bodybuilder type to get hot girls!! Lots of average guys get with good looking girls. Lots. Does it help if you are in shape and muscular? Sure, it does. But, just because you are not doesn't mean you have to spend the rest of your life single or dating HB2 fatties.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Furyguy said:
For all the dudes saying "it's OK to be fat."

WHY THE **** WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?

Seriously. What are the benefits?
Being fit is a pain in the ass. Going to the gym daily is boring as sin and is time out of my day I could be doing other productive things. I do it because I want to live to see 60 without a heart condition or health problems -- but believe me, I'd love to never have to see the gym again.

As to this whole discussion, my thought is this: your goal should be to avoid as many "strikes" on you as possible. If you walk up to a girl and don't have at least something resembling a "fit" look, that's usually one strike against you. Sure, every woman has different wants/needs/desires when it comes to men's looks, but you don't want to be walking around disqualified from 90% of the female population because of a (usually) fixable problem of being fat.

You don't need to have a 6 pack (and chances are, if you're over 25 and don't have one, you're not going to have the time to get one without radical lifestyle change), you just need to not look like a fat slob.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Huh?? I am having trouble understanding what you mean
She_feelin_Me said:
Hell wrong with the thread starter...I have seen plenty of dudes overweight or ugly as you say pull the baddest broads because they had a mouthpiece on them...

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Just curious Belmar, how would you rate your physical appearance? How often are you with girls/hookup with girls? Yes it's harder for unattractive people, but people who are just overweight have no excuse. I'm trying to help any overweight people get into shape, as I hate seeing people in this state. This isn't the way our bodies were supposed to be. If we were supposed to be carrying all this extra weight, joint problems, heart/liver problems wouldn't exist. This is not the case.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeBrown30 said:
This isn't the way our bodies were supposed to be. If we were supposed to be carrying all this extra weight, joint problems, heart/liver problems wouldn't exist. This is not the case.
Welcome to the new reality -- 9+ hour work days spent seated and staring at computer screens. Think there's anything natural about that?

GQ_Confidence_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, some of these beliefs are ape-sh*t crazy.

Yesterday, I went bike riding in Santa Barbara, California. A nice little beach town, 2 hours north of LA.

Tons and tons of cute girls out. For every girl with a tan in a bikini, there was not an equal amount of buff, super chiseled guys. *Average* guys in most cases.

-How would you explain big latino guys with hot latino girls? A guy like 5"8, 220 lbs, thick build, you guys have all seen them.

And they werent all hardcore gangsters. Common sense would tell you that.

The real factor here is social skills, social awareness. If its awkward social awareness, and you're Kevin Smith, and it looks like you havent been out in 4 months (because you've been in your basement), and it looks like you havent talked to a woman in 4 months, then it might be a problem. I think thats what people are confusing in terms of looks/being fat.

But if you're at ease socially, and you can move along with her, and you've got something going for yourself/or know some game, it shouldnt be that hard. Some guys are treating girls like they're an alien species.

-And about status. Its much easier for a girl to look good, work on her tan, buy a push up bra, tan her legs, etc than it is for guys to increase their "status" or be a millionaire. Its not a one to one relationship between the two.

A fat guy that stops treating girls like they're an alien species, has a better chance than a 6"2, 180 pound average guy who reads endless theory, but complicates things to the nth degree and can never act.

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
#41 said:
Welcome to the new reality -- 9+ hour work days spent seated and staring at computer screens. Think there's anything natural about that?
No I don't think it's natural. I would never get a desk job, no matter how much salary is offered. Still, having a desk job has nothing to do with making poor food choices and not exercising. No, you won't burn as many calories as someone who does physical work all day, but you adjust it to your lifestyle. Doing cardio 2-3 times a week & weights 3 times a week will keep you lean. Eating healthy food also helps, irregardless of your occupation.

Threads like this don't need to be made, this is all common knowledge. Instead why don't you give tips on how overweight/unattractive men can improve their chances Belmar?

Masked_angel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't we have like three threads about this? Either way, read this .

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrLuvr said:
First off, not every woman likes the same thing. Believe it or not there are some women that actually LIKE overweight guys.
If this is so, explain this to me then; There are countless "chubby chaser" websites dedicated to catering to this particular "fetish" for men, but not a single one exists for women, why?. By that I mean there is a percentage in society of otherwise reasonably fit men seeking out obese women, yet the standard for ideal masculinity seems to remain constant for females by the lack of "fetishes" for obese males. There is such a demand in society by men seeking fat women that businesses have been developed in order meet it, but there is no similar demand on the part of fit women (or one not sufficient enough to register) seeking overweight men. Why do you suppose this is?

Here's an experiment for you; create two identical dating profiles on plentyoffish or something similar. Use different fictitious names. On one profile include (believable) photos that show "you" as being obviously overweight - shirt off showing some flab, in a suit, face shot, etc. and be sure to check the "more to love" box next to body type description. On the second include (again believable) picts of "you" in shape with the obligatory "washboard abs in the bathroom mirror" picture, shirt off, in a suit, face, dressed nice, dressed casual, etc. and indicate an "athletic build" in the body type box.

Which of these two "yous" will generate the most responses?

And for the record, Leah Remini is married to Angelo Pagan, not exactly a BBM.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I suspect, Rollo, that the reason you aren't finding the complementary "chubby guy" dating sites is that the overwhelming majority of dating sites cater to men doing the hunting (i.e. women putting up profiles for men to see) as opposed to the other way around.

Thus, you'll find far more "see these types of women" sites catering to men than you will "see these types of men" sites catering to women.

I'm not saying they don't exist, but I'll bet the niche breakdown isn't nearly as great with women as it is with men.

godofanxiety

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't read the whole thread, but the title is not true. Now, the ease of scoring when you are a fuggo are lower compared than if you're say, Johny Depp or whomever, but it's possible to get a woman mad about you regardless of your looks. I'm not a woman, but I know people who are :).

edited to add: Looks are really not topping the list of the desirable traits. No need to get depressed about that.

kingy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EVERYTHING COUNTS

if you aren't attractive then you should make up for it in other areas of your life. Often times girls are open-minded to dating ugly, fat, bald, short men depending on the whole package.

Confidence,
Positivity,
Ambition,
Connection,
Looks,
Body,
Status,
Pre-Selection,
Good Energy