Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Exercise Alternatives?

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think silver has the problem that he wants to cut bodyfat, gain muscle mass and party at the same time =) well i think we all want that but it doesnt really work :/

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How dare you double!!! :) lol

Well I do go out at least once a week but i AM making strength gains for the first time in a long while due to the fact that I change exercises once I slow down (e.g. replace Inc BB Press with Inc. DB Press).

Everytime I go back to an exercise my reps are going up so I think im doing fine at the moment.

So rows one week then deads? I wont lose strength on any exercise doing this will i?

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
great to hear silver =) didnt you want to give us an update about your exercises(including some numbers) BTW?

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok thats settled then - thanks guys.

Double - yeah I was thinking about doing what the rest of the guys on the board do and post all the weights and reps of exercises but I have this in my notepad already so I dont feel that bothered lol.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by silverwex
Hey guys,

Just need some alternatives to the following exercises, help appreciated.

1.'Normal' Deadlift > ?

2.Pull-Up > BB Row(?)

3.CGBP > (Any alternatives apart from skulls?)

4.SLDLs > (?)

Cheers.
1. Powercleans

2. Bent over rows are good (dumbell/barbell whichever you prefer)

3. Dips

4. Leg curl, goodmornings, weighted hamstring raise

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used bent knee good mornings as a substitute to deadlift when I rotated three exercises. It works the lower back pretty well even if it's not a super alternative.

How is everything going BTW? I've been away for a while.

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Things are well life, reps increasing every week so getting there slowly but surely! :)

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by alvatore
You increase weight NOT reps.

That depends on how you train, I increase both. If you have varied rep range like 4-8 then you can increase reps from say 5 from 7 and when you reach 8 you increase weight.

Sounds good silver. It seems that there is a small audience who'd like you to post some workouts in your journal mate. =) So if you feel up to it it would be fun! What are your stats ATM? You have any pics? It was a while since last time. Anyway, good to hear things are turning out good.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol you call 2guys an audience:D go silver go

dirtysanchez

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Snatch Grip Deadlifts, Sumo Deadlifts, Trap Bar Deadlift

2. Cable Rows, Chest Supported Rows

3. Floor Press, Rack Lockouts, Dips

4. Romanian Deadlifts, Good Mornings, Low Cable Pull Throughs, Hyperextensions, Reverse Hyperextensions

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
quote:

Originally posted by WORKEROUTER
Warboss,

I've found that pullups and rows can be done on the same day just fine.

I usually do weighted pullups (wide and close grips) followed by three sets of dumbell rows.

I was talking about deadlifts and rows, not pullups and rows - I agree that rows and pullups can be done comfortably on the same day for most people.

I'd not thought about this before but does that mean I'm going way over the top on my back and biceps day??
For me, this contains deadlifts, rows AND both variations of weighted pull/chin ups (wide and close grip) (as well as hammer curls).
I have been having a lot of back soreness lately. Someone back me up on my answer to my own question pls!!

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have varied rep range like 4-8 then you can increase reps from say 5 from 7 and when you reach 8 you increase weight.
This is what I do.

Obviously, as I increase reps I increase weight. :)

Yes Ill get my journal up and running again soon life! cheers!