Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ex-gf added me to facebook.com??

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you jump because she added you to her facebook and made a comment on a picture, then you're too easy. It's possible that's she's testing to see if there is anything there, but don't jump. She's an ex-girlfriend for a reason, and she shouldn't be let back in your life so easily.

Most people on her say keep your exes as exes, but that's something you'll have to decide on your own. Just don't be so easily moved by her. Let her be amazed by your self-control and independence.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
ezily said:
facebook means nothing. I think that's something we all can agree on.
I disagree Facebook is a very powerful networking tool and for that reason I refuse to join. In Canada Facebook is bigger than myspace, myspace is non existant here.

However because of your perception that its just facebook, makes it the PERFECT tool for women to weasel their way in again on the sly which is what I said even BEFORE she contacted him.

Maybe you should read the entire thread before putting in your 2 cents to see if its relevant or do you just like to see your typing?

steve12b

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are hilarious. Just because you're not on good enough terms with someone to date them anymore means you have to cut off all contact?

If anything, I would think that an ex would be a good friend, because you two obviously had something in common in the first place. Or are you guys talking about shallow relationships based only on sexual attraction and nothing else?

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
funny, I thought that the chick that FZ'd me not too long ago deleted me as a buddy on both facebook and myspace, but it looks like she just deleted her profile in general...

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
I disagree Facebook is a very powerful networking tool and for that reason I refuse to join. In Canada Facebook is bigger than myspace, myspace is non existant here.

However because of your perception that its just facebook, makes it the PERFECT tool for women to weasel their way in again on the sly which is what I said even BEFORE she contacted him.
haha no you could be right. It's just a theory after all so it's not like I can disprove you.

But my theory (as others on here also seem to agree) is that just because she contacts you on facebook doesn't mean that she wants to get back into your life. Sure she may use it as way to get back in, but she may just want more 'friends' to be listed under her name. And btw, just because the girl comments on a photo could also mean nothing. How can you tell that she just didn't want more comments on her wall or something?

I mean did this girl just get on facebook or has she been on for a while? seems strange that they weren't friends from before. If she just got on she probably just wants more friends and more comments and stuff. Also, I've known people to just write stuff to other people so they also get more comments. It's all about getting a perception to make yourself seem popular. So I do have experience on this subject and there are two ways to look at it.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your ex gf adding you on Facebook, had nothing to do with you - ITS ALL ABOUT HER.

Facebook is notorious for being an ego driven site.

Every person that accepts her as a friend, makes her go on a little power trip thus adding to her facebook social proof. Sometimes I think that having your ex on your facebook page is similar to a hunter putting a moose's head or a buck's head on top of a fireplace mantel as a trophy for their hunting trip triumph.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She just sent me this email:

Hi! I am doing great. Just working right now, I stopped school for a year but i am hoping to go back in September. I am working at a company that sell and support accounting software. I like working there, it is a family business and they are nice.
I am no longer with my ex-husband. It happen by itself, he had to return to his country due to immigration on 2006 of Dec. I have a BF right now, he is a great guy... just like you :)
How about you, whats new? are you going to the cottage next summer?

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
What is the history with your ex/gf. How old are you two, how long did you go out? Why did you break up? What are you hoping to accomplish by chatting with her?

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
What is the history with your ex/gf. How old are you two, how long did you go out? Why did you break up? What are you hoping to accomplish by chatting with her?
Those are some good questions that I would like to address.

I am 24 and she is 27. We went out for about 3 months almost 2 years ago now. I dumped her because she told me she had a cheating and beating husband in the town she was living in. Bad husband or not I can't date a married chick.

The only thing I am hoping to accomplish is keeping up good rapport, but keep things on a completely plutonic level. Past is past and I think that if I keep on good terms with her, she could introduce me to one of her asian friends(she is asian).

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
Hi! I am doing great. Just working right now, I stopped school for a year but i am hoping to go back in September. I am working at a company that sell and support accounting software. I like working there, it is a family business and they are nice.
I am no longer with my ex-husband. It happen by itself, he had to return to his country due to immigration on 2006 of Dec. I have a BF right now, he is a great guy... just like you :)
How about you, whats new? are you going to the cottage next summer?
Translation: "Look at me and how well I am doing!! girl power!!"

There is nothing for you to look with this girl, she sees you only as a friend and she will string you along so you can be her friend by giving you false hope.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Translation: "Look at me and how well I am doing!! girl power!!"

There is nothing for you to look with this girl, she sees you only as a friend and she will string you along so you can be her friend by giving you false hope.
WTF? How can she string me along? :crackup: I don't want to do hook up with her or date her. I have no problems being friends with her. I am not interested in being anything more than a friend.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
WTF? How can she string me along? :crackup: I don't want to do hook up with her or date her. I have no problems being friends with her. I am not interested in being anything more than a friend.
So this thread was pointless, why even post about it if you already decided on the outcome?!

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
steve12b said:
You guys are hilarious. Just because you're not on good enough terms with someone to date them anymore means you have to cut off all contact?

If anything, I would think that an ex would be a good friend, because you two obviously had something in common in the first place. Or are you guys talking about shallow relationships based only on sexual attraction and nothing else?
You must not have any exes.

Jumpman23

Don Juan
Reaction score
Similar situation

ex, messaged me on facebook the other day.
Did you get into any mba schools yet? I see you are on the wait list for xxxx. Im heading to xxxx school this summer. I wouldnt mind a re-match at tennis if you are in town this summer.

facebook is ego driven, I only put on my status update, to acknowledge my latest happenings. fulfill my ego.

How should I respond?

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
So this thread was pointless, why even post about it if you already decided on the outcome?!

How is it pointless? I want to build good rapport without giving my power away. Doesn't mean I want to sleep with her.