Ex-gf added me to facebook.com??

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My ex-gf added me to facebook.com today, but hasn't sent a message to me yet. I don't get it. What should I do?

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you mean that she added you as a friend on facebook?

It is just to keep in touch with you just in case she wants to catch up on you. It means nothing. I added my ex-girlfriend as a friend. It means nothing.

comic_relief

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
It means she wants to keep tabs on you and when she sees that you've moved on and are seeing other women, she'll initiate convo so she can reel you back in.

This is precisely one of the reasons why I don't join facebook. As it is now, I've got a tonne of women asking why I don't join facebook, and there are a tonne of people who put up pictures, well I don't want my business posted all over the internet.

Everyone already knows I'm a manwh0re but as long as I don't flaunt it, then they can pretend I'm not.

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It means nothing. It's like adding an email contact. I have most my exes on there, except for the most recent one who I deleted.

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah facebook/myspace means nothing. Just thought I'd stress it again like everybody else.

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It means she wants to use you as part of her social outreach networking program.

Booblepook

Don Juan
Reaction score
:) Put her first on your friend list, and when she contacts you about it delete and block her.

or totally ignore invitation to become a friend.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Booblepook said:
:) Put her first on your friend list, and when she contacts you about it delete and block her.

or totally ignore invitation to become a friend.
a really ugly female friend had that happen.

She was going out with this guy from texas for a month or two then deleted her and wouldn't contact her at all.

She was heartbroken and confused.

cruel yet funny.

comic_relief

Reaction score
its facebook man who cares

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She did comment on one of my pics that i posted of her: "Thank's SharinganUser!!! Good times :)"

So i sent her a message back. Just to say "hey." Keep things light and then I'm going to bed.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
It means she wants to keep tabs on you and when she sees that you've moved on and are seeing other women, she'll initiate convo so she can reel you back in.
SharinganUser said:
She did comment on one of my pics that i posted of her: "Thank's SharinganUser!!! Good times :)"

So i sent her a message back. Just to say "hey." Keep things light and then I'm going to bed.
And she succeeds! This is how it all starts. Thats why DJ's who've been through the mill suggest the NO CONTACT method when dealing with Ex's. Ex's are ex's for a reason. People with options, don't need to go back to their ex's. Ex's come calling for a reason, because their current option died and they are coming back for an ego boost from you. Don't be that guy.

Lord Shinra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:

Wow, just wow dude. You fell for the easiest and most 1 dimensional trick in the female arsenal. If she says anything back, ignore her. Like really, or she would've just won her validation from you.

As was said
Ex's are ex's for a reason
Whatever reason it was that made her an ex, remember it when you feel the need to contact her.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:

Agreed with the other posters. By not replying you could have made her wonder but now she knows you'll come running back if she pleases.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah, I don't want to get back with her, I really just thought I'd be polite and say hello considering she add'd me, and made comments on my pics first. I couldn't give a **** if she feels validated or whatever.

Lord Shinra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SharinganUser said:
Nah, I don't want to get back with her, I really just thought I'd be polite and say hello considering she add'd me, and made comments on my pics first. I couldn't give a **** if she feels validated or whatever.
Politeness like that to an ex is the path to the dark side young Jedi.

Politeness
Validation
Over niceness
Cheesyness

All paths to the darkside, they are.

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
did you ever stop to think why she didn't say anything to you? Look, she probably just wants to have 1 more friend. It makes her look that much "cooler" in her mind. Don't say anything and don't comment to her at all. If the breakup went bad I don't even know why you would accept her as a friend. But if it was OK then who cares. She's your ex for a reason.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
ezily said:
did you ever stop to think why she didn't say anything to you? Look, she probably just wants to have 1 more friend. It makes her look that much "cooler" in her mind. Don't say anything and don't comment to her at all. If the breakup went bad I don't even know why you would accept her as a friend. But if it was OK then who cares. She's your ex for a reason.
ezily, your pretty naive if you think she was just doing it to boost her friend count on a social networking site. She did in fact contact him as well.

SharinganUser said:

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
ezily, your pretty naive if you think she was just doing it to boost her friend count on a social networking site. She did in fact contact him as well.
haha well I didn't read every post. So I guess I was wrong. But still... facebook means nothing. I think that's something we all can agree on.