Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Emotional eating weight gain

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been struggling with this lately as I try and reduce all the dopamine fixes as I stopped drinking. My brain and body are casting around trying to find dopamine fixes to latch onto. Food can be an enormous cope.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing. That's the problem.
I know, that's why I was pointing it out.

I'm not sure why everyone is writing out these long posts giving detailed information when OP isn't doing any work himself.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I know, that's why I was pointing it out.

I'm not sure why everyone is writing out these long posts giving detailed information when OP isn't doing any work himself.
I mean I'm not that far from my goal weight and I dropped 11 pounds this month down to 175 lbs.

OP dropped 10 lbs in a year at like 40% bodyfat. That's literally doing almost nothing.

whitething

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to want it enough to be in 100% reconstruction mode at all times.
Corrector, it's been a year since your first post. ( I was Jimwho) This was my quote from back then, I wish we could
get this to take hold of your mindset. No more procrastinating allowed, get into it, go after it, start now!

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm trying to curb my emotional eating but it's really difficult.

I thought there supposed to be food shortgages coming in the new year, so I bought a bunch of crackers and what not. Nothing happened yet, and some events at home precipated me to start eating this food and now I'm over 40% bf. Healthy chips, crackers (whole wheat) and arrowroot buiscuits.

Planning to see a doctor next week but don't want to disclose too much information as to the emotional triggers to eating this type of foods, etc...

Has anyone have this problem before? How did you deal with emotional eating?
Man i got the same issue. I dont smoke cigs or drink after work. I eat. It makes me feel good. If i did not workout alot I would be Homer Simpson belly.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weight is really near 250 lbs. Despite going to a buffet, eating two boxes of Graham crackers, and having high-protein foods, and a Borito, over the course of the month so far, the net effect is the weight is maintaining itself or going lower. This is because these those diet cheats are isolated to one day here or there, but the vast majority of the time, I'm eating very healthy, portion control and limited exercise so the system is able to absorb those things without any significant weight-gain.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Weight is really near 250 lbs. Despite going to a buffet, eating two boxes of Graham crackers, and having high-protein foods, and a Borito, over the course of the month so far, the net effect is the weight is maintaining itself or going lower. This is because these those diet cheats are isolated to one day here or there, but the vast majority of the time, I'm eating very healthy, portion control and limited exercise so the system is able to absorb those things without any significant weight-gain.
Add some more exercise, do the 100 push up challenge. Several times a day get down as do as many pushups as you can, even if it’s five. As lon as between wake up and bed down you hit 100 you’re good, in a weeks time you’ll be able to do more and more at each attempt.

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gonna own my own bs here. 30 days without alcohol as of tomorrow. Emotional eating has definitely been a problem this past month as I seek other dopamine sources.

Been lifting more regularly lately at least (cold weather time of year always a hassle).

Time to refocus the diet because it's pissing me off to feel like crap from eating crap.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fasting helps, 3-4 days no food to recalibrate, give your gut a rest, shrink stomach, reduces all cravings, does wonders. Even 36 hours if you can’t do more has massive benefits.

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's one of the main reasons why I prefer Pure Carnivore (been off it due to trashy eating lately). I'm definitely staying away from OMAD though. Even trying to do Intermittent Fasting right now makes it difficult. I think I work best as I get back into proper, calibrated eating as the sugar cravings die by just spacing my meals every 3-4 hours.

Two of my favorite carnivore-based benefits is resting the gut and reduced inflammation. My cravings are VERY different when sugar and carbs are in the picture.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Despite going to a buffet, eating two boxes of Graham crackers, and having high-protein foods, and a Borito, over the course of the month so far, the net effect is the weight is maintaining itself or going lower.
I mean, good on you for still dropping weight but...

Why are you still voluntarily making these food choices?

"Fat man walks into a buffet" is a literal punchline away from being a joke on someone other than yourself.

Sincerely, good on you for losing weight. I strongly recommend you address your emotional eating, and overall advise against going to places where it is normal/encouraged to fill your f*cking face with as much food as you can.

*speaking as a former fat*ss myself.

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Emotional eating will keep you stuck in a narrow weight range for years. Discipline and stringing as many reasonably successful days together as possible with solid processes to fall back to when you cheat is what it takes. Pot - kettle for me lately but it's true. Emotional eating is the fox that sneaks in the hen house each night as you lie to yourself that you're doing good in a given week. It can erase solid weeks of effort very quickly if you don't monitor it.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean, good on you for still dropping weight but...

Why are you still voluntarily making these food choices?

"Fat man walks into a buffet" is a literal punchline away from being a joke on someone other than yourself.

Sincerely, good on you for losing weight. I strongly recommend you address your emotional eating, and overall advise against going to places where it is normal/encouraged to fill your f*cking face with as much food as you can.

*speaking as a former fat*ss myself.
A buffet was visited once so far. In a rush and had a few plates of carefully selected food and threw $30 on it. Place was filling up fast with people so I jetted out and asked for the bill.

February is themed as an anti-Valentines month where I might allow myself to visit buffets or indulge in sweets if I had a hard time or complain about how women are treating me. This theme was women at the office. I only showed up twice to the office last week and one of those days was Valentines Day. Worked from home the other days.

About two more buffets are planned (one being a pay per weight) before the end of the blighted Anti-valentines month is over.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
February is themed as an anti-Valentines month where I might allow myself to visit buffets or indulge in sweets if I had a hard time or complain about how women are treating me.
So in order to avoid the negative feelings that life gives you (understandably), you intentionally allow yourself to hide from those feelings by using food as a comfort source... am I understanding that right?

What's the name of this thread again?

obelisk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Spot on. Food is a dopamine kick, whether it be from a physical, emotional (ie the thread) or behavioral standpoint. Look at the quote M&M quoted. "indulge", "hard time", "might allow"...ALL signs of emotional eating.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So in order to avoid the negative feelings that life gives you (understandably), you intentionally allow yourself to hide from those feelings by using food as a comfort source... am I understanding that right?

What's the name of this thread again?
No, just the women aspect of life for purposes of this month. Any other justification would get shot down. The month will end soon anyway. At the end of this month, that specific justification will expire and wont be valid.