Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Emotional eating weight gain

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'm skeptical of raw mushrooms. I always cook them.

Hmm...never heard of that but never had that issue either...

I'm not a fan of cooked mushrooms...that slimy texture always bothers me.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I quite disagree. My weight is still quite low and has not gone up from what it did register at the beginning of the month, (which is still a loss of over 15 lbs since the start of the diet). Sabotaging is more likely if there was an actual weight gain or actual health-effect (ie increase of blood pressure, etc...) and any of the actual weight loss from before was wiped out. None of which have checked out.

The fact that I've kept tabs on my weight and blood pressure means that I was quite sensitive of any boundaries and while no further weight loss occurred this month, I'm pretty much on track to continue to lose more weight. Honestly, holiday weight issues during the end of December was worst than this month. It sounds like people are more triggered by the THEME of the month more than the diet issue as nobody said anything around the Holidays with the same type of tone as here. Guess it's more socially acceptable if there is a weight-problem around the Holidays than an incel complaining about not having a girlfriend in February.
I do not gain weight around the holidays because I do not associate comfort with food, I have in the past (its been decades).

The issue I have is that you make excuses to go off plan. That’s the self sabotage. If you weren’t eating crap you would’ve lost even more weight by now you lost a little bit over a pound a month if I recall correctly it’s been more than a year, you could’ve doubled that and still been healthy.

It’s not a diet, its a lifestyle.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not gain weight around the holidays because I do not associate comfort with food, I have in the past (its been decades).

The issue I have is that you make excuses to go off plan. That’s the self sabotage. If you weren’t eating crap you would’ve lost even more weight by now you lost a little bit over a pound a month if I recall correctly it’s been more than a year, you could’ve doubled that and still been healthy.

It’s not a diet, its a lifestyle.
Less than a year. From September.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I stand corrected on the time frame, the rest of what I posted stands as my opinion.
Okay, but just one other thing: I've made only ONE excuse to go off plan that was limited to this month. As it so happens, this month is almost over so that excuse will expire very soon. Have I made other excuses apart from this? There are no other excuses outside of this month that exist. But it's a terrible month anyway since I only managed to visit one buffet for the whole month so far. There were better Februaries in the past. My parents, and in particular my mother's situation and the full-time job is just too darn oppressive to leave the home to go anywhere on my own like that, even if it's a productive place like the Gym. It's like being chained to a heavy weight.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Okay, but just one other thing: I've made only ONE excuse to go off plan that was limited to this month. As it so happens, this month is almost over so that excuse will expire very soon. Have I made other excuses apart from this? There are no other excuses outside of this month that exist. But it's a terrible month anyway since I only managed to visit one buffet for the whole month so far. There were better Februaries in the past. My parents, and in particular my mother's situation and the full-time job is just too darn oppressive to leave the home to go anywhere on my own like that, even if it's a productive place like the Gym. It's like being chained to a heavy weight.
Let me say this in the nicest way possible.

You might be fooling yourself, but you aren't fooling any of us.

12 pounds is a completely insignificant amount of weight when you are starting where you are starting. You could have lost half of that in the first week. Easily. Why? Because a good amount of that is inflammatory weight which is the first to go.

So what you have left is you lost 6 lbs in like 12 weeks. Which is a half a pound a week, which would be fine for a guy at 10% bodyfat since he doesn't have much fat to pull from but honestly a joke for someone at your weight.

2 lbs a week is the bare minimum you should be aiming for. In comparison, at 245 lbs after 12 weeks, I was at 212 lbs. And even that wasn't as good as it should have been because I got stuck after the first few weeks and had to figure things out for 2-3 weeks where I basically stayed even.

Either commit to doing it or stop wasting yourself and everyone else's time.

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Who was the idiot that said ex-cigarette smokers where the most militant people has not met someone who was overweight and broke the cycle into great fitness…