Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Eckhart Tolle

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
aliasguy said:
-
--
-

Ok. Man, I've read the Tao Te Ching, and I have MANY translations of it in my home. And, to be honest, i think it's about the closest thing I've found to "scripture," BUT, it's just WORDS.

I DON'T buy the Bullsh*t claim that EVERYTHING is "energy." what the HELL does THAT mean? EXPLAIN.

EXPLICITLY.

REALLY, MAN.

CAN YOU?????

And, your buddy Tolle is just a poser, writing books and looking for CASH. That's REALLY what I think. How does HE represent Taoism?????? Clue us IN!!!

He's a HACK!!! Convince me otherwise.

-
-
-
-
LOL...if it doesn't work for you, then don't waste any time on it. It's not someone else's job to "convince you" of anything.

I've read Napoleon Hill and it didn't work for me on my level. Doesn't mean that what the man is saying has no value.

Geez, you guys are some angry people.

Once again, if you expect "energy" to be some magic blue fireball you can shoot from your hands while yelling "Ha-do-ken", that's YOUR misconception and imagination, not Tolle's. Either try to understand the definition of what he's getting at by feeling it for YOURSELF, or don't read the ****. No one's making you.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eckhart tolle has contributed more than any self help guru out there.

He basically explained the most important concept of zen for the everyday man like me to understand.

His book ''A New Earth'' is one of the most important books of our time in my opinion.

Think of it as therapuetic tool if you wish, but His stuff should not go unnoticed.

aliasguy. Dont be a fool

BTW Everything is energy you idiot, quantum physics knows this to be true.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got about a minute into it and couldn't watch any more.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
--
-

HOW am I a "fool" if I don't buy into his book and believe in "energy fields."

A "Physicist" is gonna buy this cr*p?

Really? Which?

Right, NO one's making me write this. But many buy into this stuff, and they POST ONTO THREADS LIKE THIS.

And, I feel I must reply. Because IT'S BULL****.

And these guys, these hucksters, STEAL from regular, nice guys, and USE them up.

THAT's why I respond. and why I argue AGAINST these guys.

The argument I JUST wrote about, about the Tao te ching, was just IGNORED. And there is NO WAY I can bring Mr. Eckhart over here to try to explain his Bulllsh*t theories. I'm all alone here. I just think it's all B.S.

Convince me otherwise, as I wrote above.
-
-
-

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just read "You are not your mind", and it appears to be repackaged Zen Buddhism, which is fine by me.

But then jumps in out of nowhere with this:

In this state of inner connectedness, you are much more alert, more awake than in the mind-identified state. You are fully present. It also raises the vibrational frequency of the energy field that gives life to the physical body.
It's like he's talking about Zen-style meditation on the present moment - AND BY THE WAY!! ENERGY FIELDS!! Just randomly throws that in.

A real Zen Buddhist, much like a real scientist, or most serious philosophers, wouldn't attach any meaning to statements like "everything is energy". Why refer to everything as "energy"? English already has a word for everything. The word is "everything". Why replace this word with "energy"?

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squirrels, I said "otherworldly" because that's how it's being intepreted, as mystical or "new age". It's just reality. I don't think I've missed any point. Just a matter of interpreting a word I guess.

ketostix said:
A gallon of Gasoline and a cheeseburger both represents energy too, but what usefulness is that statement? Is drinking gasoline the same thing as eating a cheeseburger as long as my intepretation is the same?

Like I said, how you interpret it is up to you. I interpret it as things appearing to be different from each other or separate, when it's actually just one thing. Like your foot, it's not you. It's part of you though. Try the gasoline thing and let me know how it works for you.

aliasguy said:
I DON'T buy the Bullsh*t claim that EVERYTHING is "energy." what the HELL does THAT mean? EXPLAIN.

EXPLICITLY.

REALLY, MAN.

CAN YOU?????
You sure you read the tao? What does the tao say? All is tao. Just substitute the word energy I suppose. Remember, it's just a word.It's hard to tell on a forum but it looks like you're yelling. I'm just kicking back here myself.

You read the tao, then read Power of Now, and tell me how different they are. This should be easy for you, since you say it's something you're already very familiar with. I have several copies of the tao as well. I was able to make the connection on my own. But you have to do the work, don't make me do it for you. Just read the book. Otherwise, just let it go. You should have some knowledge of what you're debating against.

You can't save the world man. Let people buy the books they want. When he holds a gun to someone's head and forces them to pay for the book AND to read it at the same time (if that's possible) then you may have an argument.

Anyway if you like the tao and haven't had a heart attack by the next time you go to a bookstore, you should check out Alan Watts. That was actually my introduction to this whole thing, years ago. Alan Watts, Carl Sagan, atheism, Alan Watts, Tao, Tolle.

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
aliasguy said:
-
-
--

And, that mathematician in A Beautiful Mind came up with whatever good sh*t he came up with, but he was STILL schizophrenic.

Enough said???

-
--
Do you understand how prejudice your argument is?

If you knew that the guy who invented the modern guitar was black and you were a racist would you still say... "But he was STILL black"

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anybody realize this whole thread has turned to bunk because of ONE guy?

can the admins ban alias guy for one month and tell him to cool down?

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It'll go back. I just wonder what Interceptor thinks of all this. I didn't know the guy from A Beautiful Mind invented the guitar.

That is a good line for a smart girl working as a librarian or something. "Say, you have a...a... A Beautiful Mind."

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Like I said, how you interpret it is up to you. I interpret it as things appearing to be different from each other or separate, when it's actually just one thing. Like your foot, it's not you. It's part of you though. Try the gasoline thing and let me know how it works for you.
Well if you admit your foot is a part of you then it is you. You should try the gasoline thing as you're the one that ascribes to the idea "everything is energy and it's all in how you interpret it". I guess by that logic if you interpret the world as being flat, that makes it so :rolleyes:

This Zen and Tao stuff and other self-help stuff is basically religion. I don't comnsider people who practice Buddhism teachings to be very successful or powerful people. There's no point in rational people having a discussion with positive self-help people, because the latter likes to use word play and subjective interpretations of reality.

Again it's a useless statement to say everything is energy. Because even if that's fundamentally true, it's still worthless. It's like saying all people are humans. What usefulness is knowing that? This positive self-help theory stuff is just mental masturbation.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
-
-
-

Inventing a guitar and being an Antisemitic schizophrenic are two entirely different things. Right?

-
--

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Well if you admit your foot is a part of you then it is you. You should try the gasoline thing as you're the one that ascribes to the idea "everything is energy and it's all in how you interpret it". I guess by that logic if you interpret the world as being flat, that makes it so :rolleyes:

This Zen and Tao stuff and other self-help stuff is basically religion. I don't comnsider people who practice Buddhism teachings to be very successful or powerful people. There's no point in rational people having a discussion with positive self-help people, because the latter likes to use word play and subjective interpretations of reality.

Again it's a useless statement to say everything is energy. Because even if that's fundamentally true, it's still worthless. It's like saying all people are humans. What usefulness is knowing that? This positive self-help theory stuff is just mental masturbation.
No because you wouldn't eat your own foot. That would be gross and uneccessary. But it's still YOU. Anyway, doesn't seem like you want to discuss this further.

I thought the same way you did, especially about religion. But, whatever. You can only live your own life, can't really worry about what other people are doing. Live and let live.

As far as what's useful, that's up to you. If it doesn't do it for you, don't investigate it further.

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonez said:
Does anybody realize this whole thread has turned to bunk because of ONE guy?

can the admins ban alias guy for one month and tell him to cool down?

-
-
-

Bonez ----
Do you understand the concept of IRONY??????

-
--
-
-

aliasguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
Squirrels, I said "otherworldly" because that's how it's being intepreted, as mystical or "new age". It's just reality. I don't think I've missed any point. Just a matter of interpreting a word I guess.

You sure you read the tao? What does the tao say? All is tao. Just substitute the word energy I suppose. Remember, it's just a word.It's hard to tell on a forum but it looks like you're yelling. I'm just kicking back here myself.

You read the tao, then read Power of Now, and tell me how different they are. This should be easy for you, since you say it's something you're already very familiar with. I have several copies of the tao as well. I was able to make the connection on my own. But you have to do the work, don't make me do it for you. Just read the book. Otherwise, just let it go. You should have some knowledge of what you're debating against.

You can't save the world man. Let people buy the books they want. When he holds a gun to someone's head and forces them to pay for the book AND to read it at the same time (if that's possible) then you may have an argument.

Anyway if you like the tao and haven't had a heart attack by the next time you go to a bookstore, you should check out Alan Watts. That was actually my introduction to this whole thing, years ago. Alan Watts, Carl Sagan, atheism, Alan Watts, Tao, Tolle.
-
-
--

I don't WANNA "save the world." And I don't wanna read the books you TELL me to read. I don't wanna read THE POWER OF NOW by WHOEVER.

And I don't wanna force YOU to read anything, either.

And your smartassed comment about heart attacks versus bookstore visits is insulting and, frankly, STUPID. Allan Watts has been dead a long time. And I really don't APPRECIATE his view of ZEN BUDDHISM. I prefer another vision, thanks.

Jeez........

-
-
--

Bonez

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, lets get this thread back on track...

click on alias guys name... then click ignore user.

go to a post by alias guy... then click report post

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
aliasguy said:
-
-
--

I don't WANNA "save the world." And I don't wanna read the books you TELL me to read. I don't wanna read THE POWER OF NOW by WHOEVER.

And your smartassed comment about heart attacks versus bookstore visits is insulting and, frankly, STUPID. Allan Watts has been dead a long time. And I really don't APPRECIATE his view of ZEN BUDDHISM. I prefer another vision, thanks.

Jeez........

-
-
--
Then don't read them.

Jesus fvck, kid! If you don't want to read it, then DON'T READ IT! I don't read everything online weirdos tell ME to read. Why are you getting so angry about it?

Someone read what he thought was a good book and wanted to pass it along. If you read half a chapter in and feel the bile rising in your throat, here's what you do:

-Put the book down
-Go outside and play

It's really simple. Try it. No Internet flamewar necessary.

How can someone 43 years old be so damned immature?? Personally I think you're ticked off because you WANT to believe in some "magical energy", you don't, and so you get angry when other people do because they can't argue it scientifically to you. There's NOTHING scientific about Zen. And there's no "magical energy". And no one asserts that there is...they're just using the word "energy" because they don't have another to describe it.

If you find that THAT repugnant, then don't read about it.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aliasguy- the way you format your posts is really annoying. What are you, a 15 year old girl?

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
aliasguy said:
-
-
--

Jeez........

-
-
--
Jeez dude, you sound like a little kid.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
The power of NOW!

Commander Interceptor,

I bought a copy of this for me and Brother Able and I have to say this is some pretty insightful stuff. It's a different perspective of how the body/mind correlate to happiness or weariness/sickness.

Though I wouldn't categorize Eckhart Tolle as a mystic he certainly believes in what he's experienced and it is that belief which builds his character and makes him a better person in the world.