Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dwyane Wade

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won't deny that Wade is a solid star in the the league, but its absolutely RI-FUKIN-DICULOUS that he gets 25, 25 freaking free-throws in one game. Without Wade the Finals would surely be over, but until he stops getting so much help from the refs I'll never consider him an elite player.

PIMP

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He gets "help" from the refs because he takes it to the rim. WHen you take it to the rim, the chances of getting sent to the line sky rocket. You play hard, you get rewarded. He doesn't settle for jumpshots often, and is quick to the hoop. It's hard to defend that, and players end up bumping him, making contact, or whatever, and sent him to the line

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
He gets "help" from the refs because he takes it to the rim. WHen you take it to the rim, the chances of getting sent to the line sky rocket. You play hard, you get rewarded. He doesn't settle for jumpshots often, and is quick to the hoop. It's hard to defend that, and players end up bumping him, making contact, or whatever, and sent him to the line
Right, that's why he set a new NBA record for free throws in the finals and the Heat had about 3x as many free throw attemps as the Mavs. That, and because the Mavs never drive to the rim :rolleyes:

And lets not forget what the Heat won the game with. Two free throws from Wade.

PersonalJesus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody said:
Hopefully... I'm hoping that now that he can't run like he use to, that causes him to work on an arm that was second in the league behind Manning's record setting 49? in 2004-05. I also hope he's not the 05-06 Culpepper. Should be interesting. Maybe even Harrington resurrecting his career if Culpepper can't step in week 1 vs... get this, Ben Roethlisbeger's team.
You guys have an awesome defense though. Do you still have Zach Thomas?

To be fair, Wayne made some nice shots, and on the flip side of that, the calling was kinda iffy, especially that last drive to the net. I think Miami might have a hard time in Dallas though, as the series has shown.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Heat are ALWAYS at the foul line. That's pretty much how they win all their games. By the 3rd quarter, the opposing team is usually in penalty because of Shaq, so Wade will just start driving to the hoop. They can't really double team Wade, or else Shaq will be open under the hoop for the alley-oop slam. Or else, Walker or Posey will be wide open for the 3. So in the attempt to stop Wade 1-on-1, he's inevitably going to get fouled. Wade is amazing at the FT line, and that's how the Heat win.

It seems kind of cheap, but that's how they've won every game in these playoffs. If they can't get to the FT line enough, they lose. The only real way to beat them is to hope that Shaq gets into foul trouble, or that Wade has an off day.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kind of cheap? It's smart basketball. If they don't fould him, he'll make the shot. If they do, he'll go to the line. Its smart on behalf of Wade.

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you watched the replays, half the time he went to the line there was no contact. The announcers were even joking about it. It was pathetic.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heat wins! Heat wins!

That settles it! PRM is moving to south florida in 06'!

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
That settles it! PRM is moving to south florida in 06'!
What position do you play?

D-Wade is unstoppable. I wish people would quit like there's a conspiracy to get him to the line. With the way he throws his body around, it almost always LOOKS like somebody's fouling him, and that's all that counts in sports.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there any particular reason why ESPN, ABC etc. keep comparing him to Michael Jordan?

It's getting kind of annoying.....he's not bad but he's NOT MJ.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
doctoroxygen said:
Dwyane Wade is definitely a DJ.

NBA Finals, anyone?
A DJ? He sounded like a person that was concerned about what other's thought. Dennis Rodman was a REAL DJ.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thefonz said:
Is there any particular reason why ESPN, ABC etc. keep comparing him to Michael Jordan?

It's getting kind of annoying.....he's not bad but he's NOT MJ.
He is good. But people will forget about him (like they did with Vince Carter and several others).

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
He draws the foul like Jordan did, and he's always "manning" up and taking the ball to the rim. The stupid MAVS like the PISTONS play too passive, and often fall in love with the jump shot when they should drive to the hole and draw contact.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
Latinoman said:
He is good. But people will forget about him (like they did with Vince Carter and several others).
I think he's more jordan like than any other player in reccent years.

KOBE who???

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
man im the biggest dolphins fan in the world and we definetly have a playoff team this year we have far too many weapons that i dont see us losing vs the steelers in the opener. what i hope is that miami can bring home another championship as the superbowl is even held in miami this year!

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
man im the biggest dolphins fan in the world and we definetly have a playoff team this year we have far too many weapons that i dont see us losing vs the steelers in the opener. what i hope is that miami can bring home another championship as the superbowl is even held in miami this year!

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
flava said:
Dream on lil dreamer.:crazy:

Nobody

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shiftkey said:
Right, that's why he set a new NBA record for free throws in the finals and the Heat had about 3x as many free throw attemps as the Mavs. That, and because the Mavs never drive to the rim :rolleyes:

And lets not forget what the Heat won the game with. Two free throws from Wade.
Uh huh...
http://www.nba.com/games/20060513/SASDAL/boxscore.html

Dallas goes 50 FTs in a game vs. San Antonio in the playoffs. Miami goes 49 FTs in an overtime game, and you guys want to ***** about Miami getting calls. STFU.