Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does anyone have advice/experience on picking up cashiers?

His airness

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just broke up with a gf of 3 years and i'm very rusty. I have always been bad at cold approaching...i always had success at work where you get familiar with women and its so much easier to get them.
Anyway since there are no prospects at work i'm forced to step out of comfort zone and try something else.

There are 2 chasiers i like...one works at a grocery store and another at gas station.its a pain in the ass to ask them on a date since theres always a line , i never have luck to get them alone. Would it be better to just go for it despite other people listening and putting her on the spot or play a longer game , getting more familiar , a quick witty joke , chit chat...and when i get her alone ask her out ?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares about the other people. If you see an opening, just go for it. I probably wouldn't hit on a cashier unless she gave me an IOI but if she does give one, I would know I can capitalize on it quickly and get her #.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I generally do not recommend picking up women while they are working their jobs. I made a thread about this and there was some discussion surrounding it.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have attempted a couple times. I was not succesful. It is the ultimate adrenaline rush and ultimate test of your game skills.

You have a very short time ( less than 1 min) to say something. On top of that you have an audience. Some of the audience may not approve of you being a man in public. On top of that you are afraid to hold up the line so you have to be very direct. Your heart will be beating like crazy.

Then you are never sure if she is being nice just because she is giving good customer service.

Good luck bro. You got this. Rejection is better than regret.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you are never sure if she is being nice just because she is giving good customer service.
That's the most difficult thing to assess. When you are having a conversation with someone who is on the clock, they are speaking with you because they are forced to be speaking with you while on the clock.

When a woman is on her leisure time and she's speaking with you for an extended period, this is because she has some level of interest.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like it's for people who have advanced / tight game, not for people taking baby-steps. However, you can use it to practise talking to people in general. Generally just have some chit-chat with her. It will make you feel better that you are at least talking to beautiful women.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve done a lot with cashiers. baristas, clerks…
Ideally, it should be somewhere you’ll be able to go to for about two weeks. At least 2x week.
It’s important to be socially calibrated. As it is easy to perceive a clerk’s friendliness as flirty. I’m pretty good a discerning if a girl has interest. This is probably the most important thing. Once you’ve determined she has an interest. Just ask her out. Have a business card available to give her as a ‘hail mary’.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would it be better to just go for it despite other people listening and putting her on the spot or play a longer game , getting more familiar , a quick witty joke , chit chat...and when i get her alone ask her out ?
Slip her your number when you pay her for the goods. She'll get the message.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are 2 chasiers i like...one works at a grocery store and another at gas station.its a pain in the ass to ask them on a date since theres always a line , i never have luck to get them alone. Would it be better to just go for it despite other people listening and putting her on the spot or play a longer game , getting more familiar , a quick witty joke , chit chat...and when i get her alone ask her out ?
So why ask them on a date though? You know where they work at, so you don't need to.

Thebestthereeveris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just broke up with a gf of 3 years and i'm very rusty. I have always been bad at cold approaching...i always had success at work where you get familiar with women and its so much easier to get them.
Anyway since there are no prospects at work i'm forced to step out of comfort zone and try something else.

I’ve picked up a cashier at Starbucks and hanged her even after I got the boyfriend objection. I was in college though

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's the same as any other type of approach - e.g she knows whether she's into you in about 2 seconds and it doesn't really matter what you say/do. It will very likely work if you are her type and nothing will work if she's not attracted. No special game/verbals. This is a game of numbers as opposed to one of 'skill' tbh

So yeah, just shoot your shot. Doesn't really matter how you do it. Slip her your number. Make small talk and then just tell her you wanna take her out. Whatever

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's the same as any other type of approach - e.g she knows whether she's into you in about 2 seconds and it doesn't really matter what you say/do. It will very likely work if you are her type and nothing will work if she's not attracted. No special game/verbals. This is a game of numbers as opposed to one of 'skill' tbh

So yeah, just shoot your shot. Doesn't really matter how you do it. Slip her your number. Make small talk and then just tell her you wanna take her out. Whatever
Not quite the same. The difference is, you know where she works, and you can keep coming back...

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Slip her your number when you pay her for the goods. She'll get the message.
This. It's generally better not to put her in a position of having to reject you verbally while on the job, especially if the boss is around.

If you can't write it down then ask "are you allowed to go out with customers?" Gives her an easy out, and an easy in.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This. It's generally better not to put her in a position of having to reject you verbally while on the job, especially if the boss is around.

If you can't write it down then ask "are you allowed to go out with customers?" Gives her an easy out, and an easy in.
Isn't it better to continue to flirt with her and see how she responds to it?

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Isn't it better to continue to flirt with her and see how she responds to it?
It all depends on the circumstance. If she's free to flirt and comfortable, yeah, escalate, but don't stick around too long.

If there's a line of customers, obviously you've got to keep it moving. If her boss is around you might be putting her on the spot.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends on the circumstance. If she's free to flirt and comfortable, yeah, escalate, but don't stick around too long.

If there's a line of customers, obviously you've got to keep it moving. If her boss is around you might be putting her on the spot.
No, I don't mean hog up the line. I mean you know where she works, so you can keep coming back progressively.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I don't mean hog up the line. I mean you know where she works, so you can keep coming back progressively.
Oh. This is kind of a judgment call. Maybe between 1-3 times if you have a rapport going (but the exchanges have been brief) you ask her out. Otherwise you'll just be that guy that keeps coming back and has an imaginary fling with the cashier. Find that sweet spot and hit it.

*Caveat, leaning on seeing a girl again is often a gamble. Their shifts are unpredictable (at work) and the vibes might be different. Generally I think it's best to just strike the first time.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh. This is kind of a judgment call. Maybe between 1-3 times if you have a rapport going (but the exchanges have been brief) you ask her out. Otherwise you'll just be that guy that keeps coming back and has an imaginary fling with the cashier. Find that sweet spot and hit it.
No, you're going to be that guy that the cashier wishes she would ask out, or she'll not see him again. You can stop coming for a few months and see if she misses you.