Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you think Philosophers get laid?

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a guy is so involved in his mind with the "bigger picture", do you think he could take a time out and be able to please a woman?

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think people who get the "bigger picture" realize that the point and pleasure of being on this earth is to experience the "Small Pictures" one picture at a time... how is that for philosophy? :)

ConantheLibertarian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Give me ten minutes to talk away my ugly face and I will bed the Queen of France!" -Voltaire. I think they got laid. I'm sure Descartes' original line was, "I don't doubt I can get laid, therefore I can think about other s**t, therefore I am." Of course he had to shorten it :D.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get laid all the time.

Heh,..

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Create Reality said:
If a guy is so involved in his mind with the "bigger picture", do you think he could take a time out and be able to please a woman?
The true DJ Prophet knows women are there to please him.

danielzxc

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope.

Not unless he had some experience with women before becoming so involved with philosophy that he thinks about it all day every day. But even then, I don't think he'd please one enough to keep her.

I really don't where the hell this idea (that I have read quite a few times) comes from that woman are fascinated by deep thinkers. Maybe deep thinkers with deep pockets, but then it's not really the thinking that does it.

Deep thinkers are typically deeply non-sexual and are so engrossed in their subject matter that what they say flies over the top of chicks' heads, despite it sounding momentarily impressive, or else it just plain bores them from the start.

Maybe if you're at a level where your status precedes you (like Voltaire), chicks will dig you. But again, it's your status they'll be digging, not your thoughts -- or your thoughts, but only to the extent that they impress other people present.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
danielzxc said:
Nope.

Not unless he had some experience with women before becoming so involved with philosophy that he thinks about it all day every day. But even then, I don't think he'd please one enough to keep her.

I really don't where the hell this idea (that I have read quite a few times) comes from that woman are fascinated by deep thinkers. Maybe deep thinkers with deep pockets, but then it's not really the thinking that does it.

Deep thinkers are typically deeply non-sexual and are so engrossed in their subject matter that what they say flies over the top of chicks' heads, despite it sounding momentarily impressive, or else it just plain bores them from the start.

Maybe if you're at a level where your status precedes you (like Voltaire), chicks will dig you. But again, it's your status they'll be digging, not your thoughts -- or your thoughts, but only to the extent that they impress other people present.
This is kinda what I'm thinking too. A guy who generally tries to have a deep conversation with a woman isn't talking for the same reasons as the girl. She can just smile and nod but at the end of the day most woman don't even give a crap I suppose. I think if your philosophy hasn't wooed anyone or gained you any status, it's sort of a lost cause.

Reaction score
cant think of a user name said:
for existentialists, what is the meaning of getting laid?
Pleasure, acceptance by others and OFFSPRING! Everything is based around sex, why do you need a job that gets you MONEY? So you can get a car, house and food. Which is all needed for having kids and a family.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cant think of a user name said:
for existentialists, what is the meaning of getting laid?
:crackup: :up::crackup:

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
:crackup: :up::crackup:
Glad someone read my post :D.

PeterNorthisawesome said:
Pleasure, acceptance by others and OFFSPRING! Everything is based around sex, why do you need a job that gets you MONEY? So you can get a car, house and food. Which is all needed for having kids and a family.
Hey man, I appreciate you explaining that but I think you skimmed over my post a little too quick. Keyword: existentialists.

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually have a BA in Philosophy. It doesn't really get you laid. Getting laid and philosophy don't really have too much in common, it turns out. Philosophy is complicated. Getting laid is pretty simple.

It's really annoying when someone learns I have a degree in philosophy, and they want to have an argument about an idea. (it's even worse when they want to argue about an area of philosophy I know really well, and I have to use every ounce of my strength to keep from destroying their argument. Because making people feel stupid isn't going to make you any friends).

No offense to those of you who haven't really studied formal logic, but most people who haven't studied philosophy are TERRIBLE at arguing well. Plenty of really intelligent people simply never learned how to form a good, well thought out argument. So if a girl tries to have a deep conversation with me I usually just nod and agree because her argument is riddled with holes and i'm more concerned about getting laid than winning some stupid argument.

lostwitness

Banned
Reaction score
Newton said on his deathbead that his proudest accomplishment in his life was that he died a virgin, so probably not.

CrunchyNut

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im currently midway through a BA in philosophy, an I dont do too badly for myself. I agree with The Forms- philosophy is a really handy tool for life, and contributes massively towards forming coherent discussions and arguments. I also agree that you do need to be able to turn the philosophy on and off though-as far as I have discovered, girls don't find people being pedantic all that attractive!

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
CrunchyNut said:
Im currently midway through a BA in philosophy, an I dont do too badly for myself. I agree with The Forms- philosophy is a really handy tool for life, and contributes massively towards forming coherent discussions and arguments. I also agree that you do need to be able to turn the philosophy on and off though-as far as I have discovered, girls don't find people being pedantic all that attractive!
ain't that the truth. If you're in philosophy mode all the time you'll do nothing but annoy people.

To the OP, very few philosophers nowadays live the way you seem to have in your mind how a philosopher lives. Yea, Kierkegaard dumped his fiance because he thought that she would do nothing but get in the way of him following his passion. There are lots of tales of the old school guys doing crazy stuff (I think I heard that Descartes was a pimp. I'm SURE Sartre was a player, as with a lot of the other existentialists). But very few guys do that extremem stuff nowadays. Most philosophers are either old men who sit around being old all day, or they are young guys who actually tend to get a lot of tail (turns out philosophers are good with words. They know what to say to the ladies).

Reaction score
If I am assuming correctly, you are asking if chicks are into guys who know a lot of philosophy. The answer is yes - but you have to know your audience. If that's what you are going for, pick up chicks at coffee shops and not bars.

Reaction score
yes they do, but you have to know your audience, you have to pick up chicks at places like coffee shops and not bars or night clubs.

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Infected Mushroom said:
yes they do, but you have to know your audience, you have to pick up chicks at places like coffee shops and not bars or night clubs.
Why coffee shops and not bars, what about hospital car parks or theme parks or at the beach. :crazy:

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So many huuuge generalizations about philosophy going on here...