Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do you lie about your age to younger girls???

ken chang

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll be honest with you, this is a problem with me, too. I'm already in my late thirties, and only the twenty something girls interest me. Girls my age just carry so much baggage and are all around not fun.

I don't want to seem insecure. So Do I just flat out say my age when they ask, or do I respond with something witty like,"old enough to make you happy you were born a woman"like what 5string said?

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha! When the really young ones ask (the 18 to 22-yr olds), here's my routine:

HB: "So, how old are you?"
vato: "57."
HB: "Nah, shaddup!!"
vato: "Yep, 57. Why, what's wrong?"
HB: "You don't look 57" (I'm 35 but people tell me I look 27-29)
vato: "Well, I have a secret to looking this young..."
HB: "What is it?"
vato: "Well you see, I have this great plastic surgeon... *wink*"
HB: "Haha! No, seriously, how old are you?"
vato: "I'm 35. How old are you?"
HB: "I'm only [insert young age here]"
vato: "Whoaaa!! Holy sh!t sweetie!! You're WAAAY too young for me! I can't go out with you."
HB: "But why!?"

Works every time. ;)

hero_hont

Banned
Reaction score
Reyaj said:
For those of you in your late 20's, early 30's or even older... Do you lie about your age when you meet women say in the 18-22 demographic?

Here's an example of a girl I've been kind of talking to..... I met her about a week ago and we been kinda texting here and there... So today she asks me how old I am..... I respond back saying I was wondering the same about her... Well she tells me she is 21

So I respond back with "lol I'm a lot older than you"

She responds back with "how old?"

I think about it.. and decide that because she replied with anything other than age is just a number I lied. I texted her back "I'm 26"

Well her response was like "oh lol thats only 5 years, I thought you were going to say you were 30 or something..."

So I guess I made the right call.... For those of you who want to believe age doesn't matter, when you get to be over 30 I think it just might with the younger girls...
hih you.....
I thinks, who want to believe age doesn't matter and we don't need question:
How old are you??
who will tell the truth.....about me, i will talk: I asways 25 -30.
wishes your success and your health

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vatoloco said:
Ha! When the really young ones ask (the 18 to 22-yr olds), here's my routine:

HB: "So, how old are you?"
vato: "57."
HB: "Nah, shaddup!!"
vato: "Yep, 57. Why, what's wrong?"
HB: "You don't look 57" (I'm 35 but people tell me I look 27-29)
vato: "Well, I have a secret to looking this young..."
HB: "What is it?"
vato: "Well you see, I have this great plastic surgeon... *wink*"
HB: "Haha! No, seriously, how old are you?"
vato: "I'm 35. How old are you?"
HB: "I'm only [insert young age here]"
vato: "Whoaaa!! Holy sh!t sweetie!! You're WAAAY too young for me! I can't go out with you."
HB: "But why!?"

Works every time. ;)

Have you been eavesdropping on my convos? This is almost word for word what I say. Expect for a plastic surgeon, I know this old chinese wise man who has this special cream from tibet... Haha.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Have you been eavesdropping on my convos? This is almost word for word what I say. Expect for a plastic surgeon, I know this old chinese wise man who has this special cream from tibet... Haha.
LOL. No, I haven't. But I can tell you're a man of great talent/skill. :up:

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reyaj said:
If the goal is simply to get a lay.... why not lie if it makes it easier? Why give yourself an extra hurdle to jump over???? I think you are in the insecure one Trader... you can't accept when someone else does things that you don't deem "morally correct'
Your attitude makes you...exactly like a girl.

How girl of you to make expediency your God and lies your tools of advancement.

You are free to act like a girl, but don't come in here and tell me what you did is what a man would do.

Luckily for you, girls can easily tell a girly-man from a real man

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many times does it have to be said - women love older guys. That includes the 18-22 set. There are myriad reasons, but the bottom line is there is no need to pretend you are younger.

steve38

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 41, but look 33-36. I cannot begin to estimate the number of times that being honest about my age has been a deal breaker to some 20 something hottie at the bar. And I'm not apologetic about it when I tell them and I normally make a joke about them being too inexperienced for a guy like me.

Usually they say I am lying, then eventually get weirded out when they realize I really am that old. Next. Seems like the only US girls that don't have a problem with age are the ones with daddy issues and I tend to steer clear of those.

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
steve38 said:
I'm 41, but look 33-36. I cannot begin to estimate the number of times that being honest about my age has been a deal breaker to some 20 something hottie at the bar.

I'm 33, and I primarily only do day game, but I have lost the pu$$y more than once over age.

Not always, but sometimes.

I had a 22 y/o give me head after our first date, then flake before the second b/c she asked how old I was. I lied and said 30. That was still too old.

I have had girls give me their numbers and then ask via text, before the first date, how old I am. Then POOF! They flake.

What is wrong with lying? As Style once said, "It's not lying-- it's flirting." I once dated a girl for about 4 months. I wasn't all that serious about her, but she was my primary for lack of a better word. I lied on our first date aND SAID i Was 30. Later I know she found out I was 33. She was 24. She never said a word about it. Would it have been a deal killer on date one? I don't know, but why risk it?

A few weeks ago I banged a former student (I am a PT professor as a side job). She is 19. (I couldn't help but ask after I did the deed). She knew I was 30+. She didn't care.

But again, why risk it?

Many young girls (less than 25) will be weirded out by 30+ ages...

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
For a lot of low 20s girls, 30 is when you are officially "too old." I've tried different tricks including lying.

When I was 32, I did the following once:

21 HB: How old are you?
Mike: Guess.
21 HB: 26.
Mike: <Raise the number slightly since it's unrealistic> Actually, I'm 27, you're pretty close.
21 HB: Ok cool

That girl's girlfriend was approached by a guy that was 31. He was honest about his age and blown out soon after.

If you ask her to guess, she will tell you the age she wants you to be. Either accept that number or adjust it slightly.

Now, at nearly 35, my age is starting to show and it is very difficult to make them guess 29. They are guessing like 31-33 now. This is ok for chicks that are like 27-29ish, but defintiely NOT for 21 to 23 chicks generally.

I may have to shave my head next to keep a youthful look since my balding is giving my real age away.

I don't believe that women are GENERALLY more attracted to older men. There are some women that prefer older men, but I wouldn't generalize.

Finally, the problem with being in your 30s and 40s is that you can be perceived as the "creepy old guy" by flirting with a young (18-23) girl, unless your game is REALLY tight, you're really youthful looking, or very good looking. Or it could be a status thing. Some young hotties will fawk a 46 year old club bouncer or bartender, but ignore a similar age/look guy in a different setting.

Otherwise, in a general, a 30 or 40 something guy is old enough to be considered "old," but not old enough to be considered "harmless."

Allow me to explain. If you were much older, say 50+, then it's considered "harmless flirting" because you're the charming older man and more of a father figure. I run into this a lot. If I at 34 flirt with a young cashier, she goes quiet. If my 65 year old dad flirts with the same girl, she is all smiling and giggling. I readily concede that dad has better game than I do LOL. But you understand my point. A MUCH older man may not get the b*tch shield because he may be initially perceived as harmless. (No offense is intended toward the senior DJs.)

But anyway to get back on point, yes absolutely lie about your age, or will be playing a much lower odds game. I'm assume we are just talking about ONS' or FB relationships anyway. If this was a girl you seriously wanted to date (and I don't recommend that), then you would have to be honest with her.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
New semester is starting next week. There is no way I'm going to be telling girls I'm 29. The vast majority of girls I'm going to run into are 18-22. I can't be telling girls that I'm 10 years older than them. At my skill level, it can only hurt my game.

I'm not going to lie about my age, I just won't tell them ;)

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just want to clarify - I have no problem with lying about your age. (A woman would do the same about her weight after all.) I do think it's easier to be honest, and that you'll find a lot of women have no problem with it.

However if you get the vibe that she'd find it creepy or a deal-breaker, you can lie - or better yet, deflect with a humorous answer. It keeps things light, keeps her guessing, and keeps her from knowing.

The Grue

Don Juan
Reaction score
My experience too has been that it is better to be economical with the truth in some cases. For example, I was going out with a young lady(21) and the person who introduced us practically implored me to tell her I was 32, explaining that she would not date me if she believed I was older.
So, when she asked my age I said 32 and she seemed Ok.
The, we progressed and we had sex multiple times over the course of a few weeks...
She enjoyed it quite abit, but I found myself getting a bit bored after a month or so. I then thought of telling her my REAL age in an effort to torpedo the burgeoning relationship.
To my surprise, my real age no longer mattered to her! She had bonded and that was that!
So, a little lying can help with age issues I think....

Note: Younger girls are usually not that good at discerning ages anyway, and if a person is fit and youthful looking, he can get away with quite a lot...

TheAsianLoverReturns

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Young b*tches are attracted to older men, once they get older and want a husband (atm) and kids.

When they are young and hot, they want young and hot guys. Thank goodness I look young and can pass for my early 20s...

LIE LIE LIE!

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
For a lot of low 20s girls, 30 is when you are officially "too old." I've tried different tricks including lying.

When I was 32, I did the following once:

21 HB: How old are you?
Mike: Guess.
21 HB: 26.
Mike: <Raise the number slightly since it's unrealistic> Actually, I'm 27, you're pretty close.
21 HB: Ok cool

That girl's girlfriend was approached by a guy that was 31. He was honest about his age and blown out soon after.

If you ask her to guess, she will tell you the age she wants you to be. Either accept that number or adjust it slightly.

Now, at nearly 35, my age is starting to show and it is very difficult to make them guess 29. They are guessing like 31-33 now. This is ok for chicks that are like 27-29ish, but defintiely NOT for 21 to 23 chicks generally.

I may have to shave my head next to keep a youthful look since my balding is giving my real age away.

I don't believe that women are GENERALLY more attracted to older men. There are some women that prefer older men, but I wouldn't generalize.

Finally, the problem with being in your 30s and 40s is that you can be perceived as the "creepy old guy" by flirting with a young (18-23) girl, unless your game is REALLY tight, you're really youthful looking, or very good looking. Or it could be a status thing. Some young hotties will fawk a 46 year old club bouncer or bartender, but ignore a similar age/look guy in a different setting.

Otherwise, in a general, a 30 or 40 something guy is old enough to be considered "old," but not old enough to be considered "harmless."

Allow me to explain. If you were much older, say 50+, then it's considered "harmless flirting" because you're the charming older man and more of a father figure. I run into this a lot. If I at 34 flirt with a young cashier, she goes quiet. If my 65 year old dad flirts with the same girl, she is all smiling and giggling. I readily concede that dad has better game than I do LOL. But you understand my point. A MUCH older man may not get the b*tch shield because he may be initially perceived as harmless. (No offense is intended toward the senior DJs.)

But anyway to get back on point, yes absolutely lie about your age, or will be playing a much lower odds game. I'm assume we are just talking about ONS' or FB relationships anyway. If this was a girl you seriously wanted to date (and I don't recommend that), then you would have to be honest with her.
Again, age is just a number that they talk themselves into or out of attraction sometimes with. Just deflect it like a **** test and then force them to qualify themselves to you instead. Here's a script you should try to stick with until you get your bearings with this stuff:

HB: How old are you?
Guy: Guess.
HB: xyz
Guy: Wow, that's a good guess.
HB: I'm right?
Guy: Pretty close. So blah blah blah.
HB: No, tell me! How old are you really?
Guy: Why's age so important to you?
HB: blah blah blah (Qualifies herself to you)
Guy: blah blah blah (Approve of her qualifying herself to you and reward her investment however you see fit. You may or may not reveal your actual age if you so choose.)

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutz said:
Again, age is just a number that they talk themselves into or out of attraction sometimes with. Just deflect it like a **** test and then force them to qualify themselves to you instead. Here's a script you should try to stick with until you get your bearings with this stuff:

HB: How old are you?
Guy: Guess.
HB: xyz
Guy: Wow, that's a good guess.
HB: I'm right?
Guy: Pretty close. So blah blah blah.
HB: No, tell me! How old are you really?
Guy: Why's age so important to you?
HB: blah blah blah (Qualifies herself to you)
Guy: blah blah blah (Approve of her qualifying herself to you and reward her investment however you see fit. You may or may not reveal your actual age if you so choose.)
Could you give me a 'script' for "What do you do?" When a woman says that, I just want to pimp-slap her upside the head. A lot of times I just want to say, "I don't have a lot of money if that's what you're asking..." I swear, A LOT of women out there ask this asinine question "What do you do?" and I see it as no different than, "I will wh0re myself out to you if you make a lot of money." No thanks, HOE!

"What do you do?" is the most insulting thing a woman can ever ask me. I don't give a fvck what she does. Can we get beyond that? I'm proud of what I do, and I love it, and I make kickas5 money, but why in the fvck should I tell a stranger (who will fvck me if I make the right amount) what I fvckin do? It happened tonight by a girl who Gave me her # without me asking and then forgets who I am? I have to remind her. Can you say, "Next?"

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonani Maker said:
Could you give me a 'script' for "What do you do?" When a woman says that, I just want to pimp-slap her upside the head. A lot of times I just want to say, "I don't have a lot of money if that's what you're asking..." I swear, A LOT of women out there ask this asinine question "What do you do?" and I see it as no different than, "I will wh0re myself out to you if you make a lot of money." No thanks, HOE!

"What do you do?" is the most insulting thing a woman can ever ask me. I don't give a fvck what she does. Can we get beyond that? I'm proud of what I do, and I love it, and I make kickas5 money, but why in the fvck should I tell a stranger (who will fvck me if I make the right amount) what I fvckin do? It happened tonight by a girl who Gave me her # without me asking and then forgets who I am? I have to remind her. Can you say, "Next?"
I *hate* when women ask me "what I do", especially right out the gate. In DC it's one of the first things women say. I have a script I run when they do this though:

HB: What do you do?
Me: Excuse me?
HB: What do you do? Like where do you work... blah blah blah
Me: Wow, I forget that's a typical thing to ask in this area. Where I'm from, and when I lived overseas, that kind of question usually sends up red flags that the girl is a gold digger.
HB: Oh...

This gives me a way of calling her out on it, but deflecting being seen negatively for doing so by attributing it to "upbringing" and "cultural differences". Weasel words FTW! Anyway, I still want to reward her investment in that she wants to know more about me--never punish a woman investing, even if she does a piss poor job of it. I reward her interest by running a ****y funny gambit related to my job:

Me: My job is really technical. I doubt you'd find it interesting... You ever hear of this thing called "the internet"?
HB: Oh nooooo, never heard of it. /sarcasm
Me: Well, I'm a network architect. Forget that Al Gore stuff, I actually helped build part of it.

This whole thing is just a bunch of push-pull, the push being calling her a gold-digger, the pull by being ****y funny. The typical result is her laughing like a giddy schoolgirl.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible Belt has a thread relevant to this in the Tips section. Here's a quote:

The problem with lying is that it is an inherently submissive gesture. Lying means that you care more about the other person's approval than your own integrity. We debate a lot on this site about what is alpha behavior, but I can only see lying as submissive beta behavior. To be alpha would be to have to attitude of "here's how it is. If you don't like it, then there is the door."
I have to agree with what he is saying. Is getting a piece of @ss so important that you have to represent yourself as something you aren't to get it? THAT to me is the very definition of "putting the pvssy on a pedestal".
Trying to hide who you really are seems rather insecure and beta to me.

Having said that, I have known guys who have had a great deal of success with women by lying to them (short term success anyway). They probably WERE insecure though. So much for women's supposed sixth sense of being able to see through men and pick up any whiff off insecurity.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nutz said:
I *hate* when women ask me "what I do", especially right out the gate. In DC it's one of the first things women say. I have a script I run when they do this though:

HB: What do you do?
Me: Excuse me?
HB: What do you do? Like where do you work... blah blah blah
Me: Wow, I forget that's a typical thing to ask in this area. Where I'm from, and when I lived overseas, that kind of question usually sends up red flags that the girl is a gold digger.
HB: Oh...

This gives me a way of calling her out on it, but deflecting being seen negatively for doing so by attributing it to "upbringing" and "cultural differences". Weasel words FTW! Anyway, I still want to reward her investment in that she wants to know more about me--never punish a woman investing, even if she does a piss poor job of it. I reward her interest by running a ****y funny gambit related to my job:
Well, I didn't use this script, but I Did just Not text her again last night. I was prepared to cut/write her off, But lo and behold, she just texted me with these words, "im really sorry...i've been really scattered lately...would love to meet you." So I guess I'll be seeing her early this evening, even though I'm seeing another girl later. I'm thinking of seeing her an hour earlier than I talked about last night, just in case she Does bang me on the first date. If I don't see us going anywhere, I'll just say, "Sorry, but I've got to go" at around 8 PM tonight. Of course, I'll have to step away and make a call to the other girl to cancel if I decide to stay. This is kinda difficult not letting the girl you're with know about the other one you're about to be with. If she only knew.

She'll probably ask me again, "What do you do?" and I don't think I'll use your script. I think I'll just say, "I'd rather not say..." just that I love my job and leave it at that, and change the subject. I'll talk the whole time about what she does though, which is she's an actress in NY. She flies from here to do shows in NY.