Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do women REALLY like musicians...

DJHoolahoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I don't know man, I'm a DJ that tries to spin all over the city. I get some girls coming up to me, but they're usually drunk/high and ugly lol.

I'm still waiting for the hot ones to drool over me. I guess then that maybe the difference is that you have to be somewhat big in order to get them to really notice you.

AmazingTricks

Don Juan
Reaction score
im a rap superstar and girls like to listen to me talk...
than they like to listen to us ****...
that is all i wrote

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im goin to "meet the parents" today, and play some piano on the spot.

IMO creativity in any form is extraordinarily highly prized by women. I can create a whole emotional side of me like that, without saying a word or "pushing it" on to people and smothering them.

G_S

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls like talent. Musicians usually have flexible and strong hands too, which is a turn on. A good musician will put emotion into their playing, and when a girl sees this they will associate that with putting emotion into the bedroom. That is a turn on.

I'm a professional musician, and I get all kinds of attention, though 95% of it is unwanted. (Unattractive girls, gay men, sloppy drunks, etc.) It seems the girls you wish would approach you never do. Though I can see how I am at an advantage to other guys.

G_S

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read some of the other posts and I agree that confidence is a big part of why girls like musicians. I always tell people, playing an instrument on stage is a lot like giving a speech. It can be nerveracking until you actually get used to it. And yes, everytime I tell a girl I'm in a band I'm always asked if I'm "the singer."

Genres without women:

jazz, blues, classic rock, jazz, country, old alt rock, anything classical, jazz, and anything else not danceable...and jazz
I have to disagree with safari. I play nothing but classic rock and blues, but it's all danceable and kickass. It's a very rowdy roadhouse blues type of music, with a very party-like atmosphere. Biker places often invite us to play their parties, which often are on the edge of getting out of hand. We have "the attitude" I guess you could say. The key to attracting and keeping girls is that they have something to dance to. For the most part, it simply does not matter what type of music you play as long as they can shake their ass to it.

The music he mentioned that attracts girls brings in the urban teenage crowd, however, none of those teenagers can get into bars, which is where we play. Saying that all of those genres don't have girls is just buying into some lame stereotype. The country music one especially! Obviously you've never been to a country music concert that isn't on the east or west coasts. Those concerts are overflowing with hot southern belles.

Last edited:

Safari

Don Juan
Reaction score
Major concert venues are different. Any famous artist of any genre anywhere will have a concert packed with women simply because they are famous. But, in my own experience, you'll find few if any attractive, available Southern belles at a country gig in a small bar, especially on the east or west coasts. More like a bunch of Liberty bells with arms and legs.

Most classic rock and blues bands are boring. But yes, if you pick the right danceable material, then the women will eat it up.

The dance genres I mentioned are also huge with college crowds.

Georgey

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man of worstpossibleoutcomewutsoever, ive heard that alot: chicks like musicians..
man im a great pianist (and on keyboard) and i play lead guitar but i dont get girls becoz of my music, i mention it sumtimes, ohter times i dont, i just dont get a response.
look, i'd say do it for urself, and hey u should feel the music when u play it.
and i'd say get to learn the piano if u feel like u can coz its the instrument that fits the DJ, and no its not the guitar neither the bass, leave the bass for the band and get sum piano lessons for urself, and if ure able to play one day beethoven opera's and mozart's symphonies, u'll be able to impress girls.
i'd say u can learn the piano easily since ure fingers r used to move on the bass' frets, so get the piano lessons n once ure ready move to operas like moonlight sonata for beethoven (its the one im playing now and its really great soft and has the feeling).
good luck

Tweek_1984

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes they do.

But it's kind of ironic because most of the guys in bands are complete pu5sy farts.

Jack McCrack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Who gives a **** what music you play. Just have a good time while you play it.

Girls should be second nature to your musicianship.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
WorstPossibleOutcome said:
...or is there more to it than that?

I'm 20 years old and I play bass. I'm damn good at it too, if I do say so myself. Yet I have no idea how to parlay this into an advantage in dating.

Whenever my band plays bar gigs, the audience is 95% male.

If I'm chatting up a girl someplace, and I happen to mention that I'm in a band, she usually thinks I'm making stuff up just to impress her - that is the impression I get. Maybe I just don't "look" like a musician type - although, I have been told I look like Chino Moreno from The Deftones...

Nobody else in the band has trouble getting laid. And we are not an exceptionally good-looking bunch of guys!

I am deadly serious about bass. Meeting women was not the primary reason why I started playing it. Is this maybe the wrong attitude?
Read my "GROUPIES" thread I posted a while ago, that'll maybe answer your question. Read Rollo Tomassi's response, he's got a lot of experience as a musician. As for the genre of music that attracts the hottest women(in my opinion) out there, I will easily say Metal, Goth, Industrial, and Hard Rock. If you wanna see sexy dolled up women in Fishnets, Corsettes, Lingerie, all revealing their breasts and legs(yes I'm a big legs and breasts man), then go to these shows.