Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Do English girls need to be Dj'd differently?

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are right - The whole DJ bible thing is a principle wrote, tested by Americans for American women. It does need to be modified for a UK version, since there is a strong UK presence on this forum. Yep, American girls are very easy and responsive to cold approaches. However, with the exception of the teenage crowd, our clubs/bars here in the US can pose a problem. You UK blokes may have heard about the "Bit ch Shield" phenomena spoken here by us yanks. Yep. believe every word you hear. Our clubs, for the most part, are full of bit ch shielding women, and often, in a majority of clubs here, the men always outnumber the women. so what advantage we have on the street scene is definitely dulled by our lousey club scene. You guys have a wonderous advantage when it comes to the bars/pub life.

On a positive note, we don't have to hear Robbie Williams on the radio every 5 seconds. Unbelievably, he has yet to catch on here. You can pretty much catch him anywhere in LA wandering around anomonously in public without a worry.

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience English women are easy, and love American guys!!!!!! Brit's and Australia women I met working at Camp America I had tons fo fun with!!!!This is a generalization of course. Being good looking will get you farther especially with forgien women than most DJ skills ever will get you. Cross cultural issues and difference do exist. However if a women is attracted to you she doesnt need to speak your language. Ok, this is easy if your just looking to BONE. If your looking for something serious then this is obviously not the best choice.
I lived in Eastern Europe for a year, I hooked up with tons of girls who I could barely communicate the slightest thought too. When all else failed we would kiss and fvck.... it was fun for the first few times. A pocket dictionary will only get you so far. Why did they like me??? 1. I am good looking 2. I am American...maybe these could be reversed in order. Why did I like them...LUST! Hey life doesnt allways need to be meaningful and complicated. Simplicity and fun allways make for nice times.

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marqzal

These eastern European women wanna fucck you and you can barely commnucate with them?

How do you manage to do that? It can't be that easy?

I've been trying to get a date with this girl from Bulgaria ( she's an easy 10) for about 6 months with no luck. I'm in the US and she's here for college

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you manage to do that? It can't be that easy?

Dude, its is very easy!!! You have to go out to dance clubs where people are getting drunk and dancing. I cant tell you how many times even here in the US I will make out with a chick after a night of too many drinks.

I've been trying to get a date with this girl from Bulgaria ( she's an easy 10) for about 6 months with no luck. I'm in the US and she's here for college

To be honest I neevr had any luck with Bulgarian women, I had only met them here, although I did get one phone number, but nothing came of it. Hungarian, Slovenien, Slovikian, Czech, and Romanian women i have had tons of fun with...but I think one big advantage I had was I was an American on thier turf (which made me special), and in some of these countries there are'nt a whole lot of expats runnign around.

BigDave

Don Juan
Reaction score
how about this for an idea

i would like someone to lay out the differences in djing that us brits must follow, perhaps even a UK bootcamp? we need like some rules that we can refer to, as there dont seem to be so many for the uk.

In Sync

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Bootcamp doesn't work here, that's all I can tell you. A modified version is definitely necessary. That's not to say we can learn nothing from this site, but I would estimate only about a third of it can be put to any use here, sadly.

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. I have just started a bootcamp in London, and usually women respond reasonably. As long as you have a reasonable excuse for talking to her, or just comment on something in your shared environment, they seem to be happy to go along with it. Best, if they are not obviously busy, or in a rush.
Where there is a problem is in pulling the nice girls (rather than some of the sluts who frequent clubs/bars). For this to happen you really need to be in a common group or see her on a regular basis.

Still, bootcamps are in my view just a good way of getting over fear of women, learning not to care what women think, and getting practice talking to women. Most decent girls will at least be civil, and even if you do not get far, it is no loss as you have learned something. Once you have the fearlessness, the relaxed attitude, and a bit of style, you will find it a lot easier in the more conventional places for meeting women like college, work, societies, sports etc.

But I think a UK Bible would be useful, maybe a collection of experiences, tips etc. from the UK contingent. Maybe when Nicholas' meet up takes place, we will be able to discuss this further.

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with a lot of the points made in this thread. Here in Glasgow people are pretty antisocial on the street. So you look a little wierd talking to strangers.

Conversely, in pubs and especially clubs, the girls seem pretty receptive to guys and will usually make out within minutes of meeting you if they like you.

I guess a good way to meet women outside of clubs is to get them at work (shops, cafes etc.) and dazzle them with your wit.

waldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay here's my take on this, I'm 20 and have lived in the UK all my life.

Smiling/eye contact with 'service' girls (i.e. store assistants etc) works fine, just smile and make a comment or two and the majority will respond. Not had any closes here myself but I'm certain that with a bit of patience and regular visits to a particular shop/store you could get a #close whilst she was working.

My dad did this to a store girl when he was my age, he just kept going when he knew she'd be working there and she began recognising him, after a few weeks he asked her out and she said yes on the spot.

Walking down the street and saying hi is okay if you look non threatening and smile, in the 'sticks' (less populated rural areas) you can say hi to strangers whilst walking around parks etc and they will respond. Potentially here if you saw them again right after (say at a pub after a walk with friends etc) then you'd probably be able to get a #close.

Pubs and clubs are good for pulling, but that's with the slutty girls. For this you'll need to be in with the heavy drinking crowd, being outgoing and willing to take a risk will bring success.

In my opinion universities are excellent places to meet women, I've just done a year at a campus uni and have got plenty of smiles/eye contact from strangers. I've even done 2 cold approaches (though bottled it when I was going to ask for #'s). In this sort of place girls are far more likely to be receptive, plus there is a broad range of people so your more likely to find someone who's interested in your 'type'.

The workplace... now that's got very good potential. Recently I read a report saying something like 1 in 10 workers had had sex with their bosses, and 1 in 3 had had an office romance. With the right DJ attitude and confidence working in a large office should give plenty of opportunities for coffee dates etc.

As for talking to members of the public whilst in shops etc, I reckon this depends on the situation. If the girl obviously likes you then it will work, if not then I doubt you'd have a long enough 'trial' to get anywhere with so called speed seduction.

-waldo

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I a UK in USA

I'm from the UK - been living in the US for 8 yrs - moved when I was 24.

There is a HUGE difference between Uk and US.

first off, the is far more DATING in the US compared to the UK. In the UK people don't date - they go out in groups, unless you already know the chick.

You should invite the girl to a group event - say you and friends are heading to the bar or the movies.

Clubs and Bars in the UK are the place to pick up girls - the US (LA anyway) seems totally different. It's more difficult to pickup in a club - a bard is possible but again harder than the UK.

I stick to Clubs/Pub. Don't go for #'s - make convo - light hearted - and get to know her in this group social situation.

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll probably get flamed for this but whatever...

I saw this english show..like a reality show..

and EVERY single Brit woman had f*cked up teeth..like all scraggly and ****..

And i noticed that on a few other shows...

So can anyone tell me why this is? is dental care not a big thing in Eng?

Or did i just view a bad representative sample?

ulsterman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Teeth are a bigger issue in the USA than here, hence the occasional snide witticism one might hear in the UK directed toward the "American smile". I think brilliant white, Donny Osmond-esque even teeth in a huge smile says... "I'm an American with the perfect grin"; but some people here, myself included, regard that as very unnatural and unattractive, like the standard-issue nose jobs one might observe among the rich kids of America...

MattK

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think americans get their teeth capped as a matter of course, where as only the richest or celebrities get it done of here in the UK

Matt Rogers

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of my friends tend to meet their girlfriends through mutual friends, on an introduction basis. I think that goes on a lot more in the UK. Plus it is true that clubs and bars are a lot easier, although if you are on the quiet side like me, this is a nuisance, as I do not often frequent these venues. Basically it is a lot harder to get a number off a girl you have only seen once or twice, whereas if you are seeing a girl on a regular basis, through a society or at a store it is a lot easier.

Solomon79

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what is wrong with people in the UK.

People are so lacking in confidence it's unbelievable. A lot of young women are virtually reclusive, but they don't even seem to realise this, since they reason that there are so many jerks and AFCs about anyway, so they may as well stick with a close circle of friends and only go out occasionally.

But still, it can be difficult, especially if your university days are behind you. Living in a university town is good. I recommend that to any guy who is 21+ and fed up with living in the back-end of beyond. I think a lot of college chicks, even those who aren't too immature, begin to look down on their home town as they begin to see how big the world is, and this can make things worse, since they are just seeing you as a village idiot when they come home for the summer and winter months.

Basically, it's not TOO different here from the good old US of A. American girls can be a lot more outgoing, but then you have fakes and biyatches to deal with. Whereas a lot of young women in the UK are just kind of shy and twisted. A lot of them are snobby and believe themselves to be worth much more than they are.

DJing in the UK is very frustrating if you're not looking for s.luts, and I can't really think of any other solutions at the moment. I'd rather focus my energy on other things for the time being.

Solomon79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also MysteryWoman...

I see your point about not being approached. However, I wouldn't take this personally...you are not fully considering mens' point of view. A lot of guys go out just for a good time, and they don't necessarily always have pulling on their mind...

Anyway, you know that there are a lot of b.itchy and unpleasant women in any country, and why should a guy approach a girl he doesn't even know, when he is potentially just in for a load of hassle that he just doesn't need?????!!

Men are not invincible, they can be a bit sensitive too. It's not easy being looked at as a psychopath just for trying to talk to somebody.

Also, I sense that you have a lower opinion of less good looking men. So you expect only the good looking men to miraculously KNOW that you want to be approached, but the ugly men to keep well away?

Think about that. Carefully.

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SLIKKER_THAN_AVG
I'll probably get flamed for this but whatever...

I saw this english show..like a reality show..

and EVERY single Brit woman had f*cked up teeth..like all scraggly and ****..

And i noticed that on a few other shows...

So can anyone tell me why this is? is dental care not a big thing in Eng?

Or did i just view a bad representative sample?
I have straight white teeth and wore a brace. But before you go criticising us English women, you Americans need to watch your weight

SLIKKER_THAN_AVG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MysteryWoman
I have straight white teeth and wore a brace. But before you go criticising us English women, you Americans need to watch your weight
Was i criticizing? no

I was merely commenting on a show that i saw.

For the record, I'm not American either.

And im definitely not fat.

Anyways who cares...if i said all british women have ****ed up teeth..and you know you dont..what difference does it make?

You put a lot of stock onto words of someone who doesnt know you from a hole in a wall.