DJBC - WEEK 1 - Group Green

Al Moh.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Al Moh. climbs on a hill, overlooking all the DJs and starts to talk.
“Gentlemen, it has been a while since I first had the idea of opening a BC for some people. What was thought of about 10 people helping each other through 13 weeks of crashing and burning has become a campaign of a much larger scale. However, this is a good thing.
Hold on, did he say 13 weeks???
Yes I did. If you would have done your homework, you would know that the BC has got 8 weeks that take the time of 13 real weeks. Weeks 5, 6 and 8 each take two weeks and for week 7 you’ll even have 3 weeks.
Gentlemen, I am looking forward to 13 weeks of constant social self-improvement, new experiences, numbers, kiss closes and maybe even f-closes. For that, I wish you good luck. And remember: It’s all about the fun too!”

Deadly_Assassin
sam3083
schttrj
LostAndConfused
Young Anikan
Punisha
Privitor
Guybrush
Touchout
QuezNozet
Mr. Bojangles
Stripes
Steve77
sandman6991

Those are the people in this group. Now, it's your responsibility to complete every week on time. You have to:
- Do the reading
- Complete the exercises
- Write a Report at the end of the week
You may:
- Listen to the music (recommended to get into the mood ;) )
- Report any time during the week in this thread
- Ask questions in this thread
- Give tips in this thread or a thread of the other BC-Groups
If you learn anything new that you think is valuable to others, you are encouraged to post this inside the Tips-Section.

In your Report at the end of the week please state if you were successful completing the week or not. If yes, I am going to move your name to the next week. If no you can either stop or give yourself more time. However, I am not going to take care of you anymore in terms of moving you name further. You have to organise yourself then but can still use this thread.

Thta's about it as general information goes.

The link to the BC one more time:

http://www.jbspencer.com/djb/Downloads/djbc.pdf
or word Version:
http://www.jbspencer.com/djb/Downloads/djbc.doc

There you will find each weeks reading material, music picks and exercises. I am just going to repeat the exercises in short form in this threads.

Exercises:

1) 2 Hours of establishing eye contact with strangers
2) Saying "Hi" to 50 strangers (you may also use any other greeting ;) )

Good luck DJs!

EDIT: Forget to say that: Each week starts on thursday morning and ends wednesday evening (your time). Of course, you can do the reading for the next week already on wednesday if you wish.

EDIT: Group Points at the beginning of the week: 0

Last edited:

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well guys this is it, if seen through until the end, this will take us almost the entire summer, and well be firing on all cylinders when school starts again. I, for one, am sick of being stuck in that gray area between greatness and chodeness and plan to give this 100% effort.

Week 1 is made to help build up confidence, to show you that people are actually nice and that they.. (gasp) actually want to talk to you. I'm expecting good things out of this group, we will go from a group of not so experienced guys to seasoned veterans and will set a role model for newbies to come.

Lets get out there and show the world what were made of :up:

Guybrush

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah we should do the best we can! It's going to be so much fun, and fun is our first priority right?

Fukk rejection !

Edit: Fellow Group Green (GG) members, as we all know, accountability is very important in a Boot-Camp setting, so I propose we should share our AIM accounts to be in touch now and then. This way the group motivation will be boosted and we won't be able to fall apart.

What do you say?

Young Anikan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guybrush,I think thats a good idea about the aim.The time is finally here.Time to get to work fellas.Oh,and does anyone from group green live in New york?let me know,we could hit the field together.ROCKSTAR2196 is my aim.

Mr. Bojangles

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1 has arrived! (Well, in my timezone anyway:p)

Just thought i'd post the excerpt about myself from the signup thread so you guys know a bit about me.
Mr. Bojangles said:
I'm a 19 year old uni student. I used to be a fairly shy person in general and more of a listener than a talker, but I've definately opened up more over the past few years. These days I'm generally a lot more confident, but I don't have that much experience with women because of how I was in the past.

My confidence has been improving exponentially since I found this site about 6 months ago, and I've been doing things I never would have done in the past. However, lately I seem to have hit a brick wall and have been getting some bad approach anxiety (which I always seem to find an excuse for having!). I've read the DJ Bible and The Game, but I feel that I really need to get some more field practise to progress further.
Well anyway i'm off to uni, good luck guys! I'll report back soon.

Stripes

Don Juan
Reaction score
oh ****

i thought day 1 was the 22nd, oh well, im ****ing already a little ahead
how?
i got a **** buddy who wants me as more than just a **** buddy and someone sure as hell broke this ***** in for me, she already expects me to be going and meeting/****ing other girls.. i said yea you know i got to be getting mine
so here i am

sam3083

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahaha, good on ya stripes!

Lets get this **** done gentlemen.

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wow, last night was a real blow to the reality I thought I was living in. I was at a party where I only knew maybe 3 or 4 people, so I had to mingle. I thought I was over the whole approach anxiety and awkward greeting thing, but apparently not. I was feeling uncomfortable all night, and resorted back to that stupid ****y & funny crap which has screwed me over so many times before. So I realize that I have a LONG way to go until I reach my goal, but I'm definitely willing to work for it.

I've had work all week so far, and I have it again tomorrow all day, but I'm going to see if I can shoot over to the mall or something early so I can get this thing started with.

Oh and I don't really do the whole AIM thing, but if you guys all exchange SN's then I could use my old one just for talking to you guys haha.

sandman6991

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just joined tonight. I wanted to say that I'm excited to be here, and let's kick some butt!

It starts now, and I can't wait to share all my experiences and knowledge gained.

Guybrush

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I basically started tonight. I wouldn't say it was very good but I at least approached some people.

I made friends with a French chick at a coffee shop today and so I count that as one person I said hello/hi and eye contact.

Later we went out with my wing to a club and there were millions of sets there. But I could only open a 3-set using an improvised opener: Do I look better with or without my glasses? They looked at it, said it was better with the glasses, I spent a few minutes with them and couldn't continue the conversation. So that makes it 4. I know I have a long way to go and this is not exactly what I am supposed to do but it's what I could do.

Any opinions guys?

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so, if one of us doesn't get the target number of 50, is the boot camp over for us?

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so, if one of us doesn't get the target number of 50, is the boot camp over for us?
Lol your joking right? This is Week 1, of course some people are going to pass. I haven't even gone out yet because of work, but tomorrow I will just do 50, it's not as hard as you think.

Please tell me your not giving up yet?:confused:

Pathetik

Don Juan
Reaction score
Touchout said:
Lol your joking right? This is Week 1, of course some people are going to pass. I haven't even gone out yet because of work, but tomorrow I will just do 50, it's not as hard as you think.

Please tell me your not giving up yet?:confused:
It's quiet difficult for me you know... And I don't want to throw "hi" like this.
I'm waiting for good eye contact with a chick i'm attracted to and then say "Hi".
My goal is not to just get the 50 "hi" said but more than that I want to improve myself doing something difficult for me :)

By the way 50 "hi" are not such a big deal ;)
The week 2 will be much more difficult :trouble: :nervous:

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pathetik said:
It's quiet difficult for me you know... And I don't want to throw "hi" like this.
I'm waiting for good eye contact with a chick i'm attracted to and then say "Hi".
My goal is not to just get the 50 "hi" said but more than that I want to improve myself doing something difficult for me

By the way 50 "hi" are not such a big deal
The week 2 will be much more difficult
Sorry, I sounded much more negative in my post than I wanted to, but I am kinda pissed that people are talking about giving up ALREADY! Yes, I plan on doing the same thing when I go out, but I plan on having 50 hi's which lead into a conversation for some extra practice as well.

I totally agree with doing something difficult for you specifically, and saying hi to any 50 people is very difficult for some.

So, to anyone thinking about giving up already, remember that you joined this bootcamp to get out of your comfort zone and sick of your current social situation. Please keep trying, for yourself and for your teammates who want to win the challenge so badly.:up:

Sorry for that negativity I brought before:eek:

Pathetik

Don Juan
Reaction score
hehe no problem ! I know you wanted to motivate your team mate ;)

Come on guys keep on going. LETS BE REAL MEN :D (Even if it's sometimes really difficult ;))

Young Anikan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well yesterday was a pretty good day.I walk on broadway all the way to 14th street union square.By the time I reached to 14th I did 15 hi's and it wasnt that bad.Me and my wing went into the barnes and nobles and just grab a couple books and got to reading,for like 5min lolz.So we started walking around the barnes and nobles I got 5 more hi's.My wing actually did a cold approach but no number close.After that we went to a pool hall on 23rd st and played some pool.When i stepped outside the pool hall to smoke and get some air I just said hi to girls coming out this club next to the pool hall.All together i got 30 hi's.And I did about an hour of establishing eye contact from my train rides.I realize that the saying hi part is easy because your not expecting anything after that.When you start thinking about what you gonna say or when your tryna get a girls number that when it gets more difficult,but to me the saying hi part wasnt that bad.

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Assumption is the mother of all fvck ups! If the rules of the boot camp were such that if I failed to reach 50 and I still proceeded on to the next week I would say that I would not reach this figure. But because I have to reach this figure to pass, I am motivated to do this.

I went out last night, I got about 14 greetings done. But I actually would have a small convo with them, just asking them hows the night going and stuff. The number of guys I greeted was way more. The number of chicks were only five. The way I see it is we have 1 week to do a target of 50. As long as you greet 10 ppl a day, you will reach that figure.

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Young Anikan said:
Well yesterday was a pretty good day.I walk on broadway all the way to 14th street union square.By the time I reached to 14th I did 15 hi's and it wasnt that bad.Me and my wing went into the barnes and nobles and just grab a couple books and got to reading,for like 5min lolz.So we started walking around the barnes and nobles I got 5 more hi's.My wing actually did a cold approach but no number close.After that we went to a pool hall on 23rd st and played some pool.When i stepped outside the pool hall to smoke and get some air I just said hi to girls coming out this club next to the pool hall.All together i got 30 hi's.And I did about an hour of establishing eye contact from my train rides.I realize that the saying hi part is easy because your not expecting anything after that.When you start thinking about what you gonna say or when your tryna get a girls number that when it gets more difficult,but to me the saying hi part wasnt that bad.
...haha...this is funny, but were you the guy who was on the 4th floor of barnes and nobles talking to his friend about gaming, one of them was wearing I think a pink/white button up and a bag...

I was out and about sarging over there...I see a lot of guys sarging around there...