Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

DJ Boot Camp - Week #4

Pancho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this boot camp thing is a great idea, but i think that many people that were "in" are no longer because the assignments are a bit too tough. Now, im not the kinda guy who will let this stop me (im actually not too bad at the approach), but i can understand why some of the guys might have hesitations. For a seasoned approacher, 10 rejections in a week is nothing. For a DJ, saying hi to 30 people on the street is nothing. But for a newbie whos just found this site, 10 rejections or 10 approaches may seem insurmountable at first and may cause them to say..."this is just too much, i cant do it, ill just give up".

Im not saying that you should change it...if someone is serious enough to change, they should be able to complete these assignment. But you may have been able to get more people farther if you would have said, for example

Week 3: Talk to three girls your attracted briefly (at least 30 seconds)

week 4: Talk to three girls your attracted to for at least 2 minutes

week 5: Get rejected by at least three girls by approaching for number

week 6: Get rejected by at least 5 girls

Etc, etc..this may have been more manageable....just a suggestion MOTU

Pancho

XANEUS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Question 1: If she gives you the number but also tells you she has a boyfriend, is that a rejection?

Question 2: Is it okay to try to get rejected... that is to say, to intentionally mess up the pick up? I'll try not to resort to this, but other than the above, I really haven't been rejected in the past year, and I've gotten maybe 50 numbers. Also in this same vein... is it okay to get rejected by someone you wouldn't consider dating? I might have trouble making myself throw the pick-up if the girl was actually hot.

I haven't been real participatory the past two weeks as I had finals at university... but I've approached enough girls in the past two years I feel confident re-starting this week. So far this week, I have 1 number and 1 rejection (maybe)... Here's the story.

I was at the library and I saw this scantily clad cutie... so I walked over and commented on how unusual such attire was in the library setting, and we started talking. She seemed cool, so I asked digits. She said sure, if I wanted to just be friends, because she had a boyfriend. So I got the number, and presumably a reasonable chance at a second encounter, but it's really not a success.

I get this a lot, and I regularly (about 30-40%) even get dates with these girls, so I have a few questions about it.

1. What should I do when she says this... I got the number, so I can't really complain, and attacking the boyfriend at this point seems weak.

2. When I ask digits, I usually say, "I have to go do X now, but I'd love to talk to you some other time... what's your phone number?" Do you think asking in this manner prompts this sort of response? How do you guys ask? Let me know if any of you experience this.

3. (this one is more for a few weeks down the road) When I'm on dates with these girls, I can't seem to bring myself to close with a kiss. I know there's no chance if I don't, but usually by the end of a date, there's no chance of rejection (I'm that good)... but with these girls there is... I also feel kind of bad about kissing a girl with a boyfriend. Most of the girls I really end up liking fall into this category.

Anyway... I'll try and go out and rack up a bunch more rejections tomorrow...

Can't wait!!!

future marine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey im still in even tough ive fallen far behind. 37 hellos 6 convos 3 convos with women and 1 regection. this boot camp has helped alot, even tough i still have a long ways to go

------------------
pain is weakness leaving the body

Dr_Feelgood

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, let me set the record straight. I am by no means quitting or chickening out. If you read my post near the end of week 3, you'll see why I'm not doing this weeks lesson, until this weekend and next week.

I was a little burned out on the girl chasing, but my weekend partying with the strippers, and not sleeping for about 3 days, has left me a little too exhausted to go out and do this weeks lesson right now.

I also think that two very important posts should have been included in this weeks lesson.

http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/013655.html

AND

http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/014100.html

These post are very good at getting you pysched about facing rejection. They're very true.

You'll notice how I handled the first 3 weeks of this Boot Camp. I didn't say "hi" to 50 strangers, I said "hi" to 50 pretty, young, datable girls. This got me used to rejection from girls with something simple.

In week two, I didn't have convos with 10 strangers. Again, I had them with 10 young, pretty, dateable girls. Did the same in week 3.

I didn't go for numbers, but I got used to rejection in little steps first. This got me ready for this weeks lesson.

Sure it was hard doing all of this with girls, instead of with any strangers. But, it pushed me out of my comfort zone.

And whether doing this causes you to shine with an aura of confidence, or releases a mad amount of your natural pheromones, it causes women to start treating you differently.

For whatever reason, women were noticing me more after 3 weeks of this. That's why the stripper approached me, and practically begged me to come home with her. That's why her friend took me away from her, and asked me to have sex with her.

That's why you need to do this weeks lesson. That's why I'll be doin it, and posting about my rejections for the next two weeks. Because, I know that during, or shortly after I post all the painful rejections, I'll have another awesome success story.

So, I urge you guys to have the courage to do this. I promise, it'll pay off. It's already paid off for me, and I haven't even asked for any numbers yet. The girl I spent most of my weekend with, gave me her number. Now, some of her friends want me. I'm going to have to work really hard to get 10 rejections.

Just go for it. It'll hurt, but you'll get over the pain really quick, when the payoffs start coming in.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those are some good posts, Dr_Feelgood

The first one especially. That's a good attitude to have "hm I wonder how she'll react to this" asked in an objective manner, and "hm that was interesting" after the rejection.

So let's become "Rejection scientists"!

NormalGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Feeling kinda down the last two days, with my last rejection being from this really cute girl who I really liked, and blocked my close with the boyfriend clause.

Felt somewhat better this morning as I realized that it wasn't such a lost cause because at least I had at least taken the risk.

After work today, chatted up this girl in a bookstore, and was about to close when I realized she had a ring on her wedding finger.

Then I saw this cute cashier clerk working at the counter, but I was screwed it up as I approached because the other cashier, a gay male dude decided to take me first. Didn't have the balls to say I wanted her as my cashier, so I bailed.

Oh well tommorrow is another day...

Vegas Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the supplemental reading material, Dr. Feelgood. I concur with mistyc---that first post you mentioned was particularly tight!

Anyway, got rejection #1 outta the way today. Went up a hot, big-breasted blonde who was working at one of those stands in the mall. She was trying to get the attention of the passers-by to sell her wares when yours truly walks up to her—making the eye contact, flashing the smile, and saying the hi..

Me: How’s business?
Her: Oh, we are selling this blah blah thing to buff you nails blah blah blah

(She proceeds the demonstrate the nail buffer thing on me. Okay, it felt a little gay, but I tolerated the discomfort!)

Her: Would you like to buy one?
Me: Nah. Too bad I didn’t meet you last week, it woulda been a great mother’s day gift!

Me: (detecting an accent) Where are you from?
Her: I’m from Paris, France. We also have this hand lotion for dry skin blah blah blah
Me: That’s a big change moving from Paris to Vegas! Well, at least we have the Eiffel Tower out here (referring to the Paris Hotel)
Her: (a bit flustered, probably because I was throwing off her rap, she dumps a shytload of lotion on my hand)
Me: Hey, my hands aren’t THAT dry!
Her: (smiles as she gives me a hand massage) This lotion is very blah blah blah
Me: (starting to feel a bit guilty). Please don’t go on. I didn’t walk up to you ‘cause I wanted to buy something, I just wanted to meet you. Give me you # and I’ll call you sometime.
Her: (possibly not understanding me due to a slight language barrier) Sure, you can call here anytime!
Me: No, I mean talking to you on the phone when you’re NOT working. You know, when you’re at home? I don’t know if they have this custom in France, but here men and women who find each other attractive often do something we call “going out”. Give me your number and I’ll tell more about it!
Her: I don’t have a phone number.
Me: You don’t a phone number. Wow, you must be the only person I’ve ever met who didn’t have one! So if you don’t have a phone number, you must not have a phone, is that what you’re telling me?
Her: No, I don’t have a phone
Me: Have a good night!

Jesus Christ, can’t beayitches come up with more original excuses? Then again, maybe that line is considered clever in France! After all, they like Jerry Lewis for chrissake!

"Fear and fatigue block the mind. Face both, then courage and confidence flow into you." B.K.S. Iyengar

StuartScott

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vegas Playa:
Her: Oh, we are selling this blah blah thing to buff you nails blah blah blah

Her: (smiles as she gives me a hand massage) This lotion is very blah blah blah

"Fear and fatigue block the mind. Face both, then courage and confidence flow into you." B.K.S. Iyengar

What the Hell, is she retarded AND foreign. This lotion is Blah, blah, blah. What language is that.

Master of the Universe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey DJs,

Been a few days since I've posted... extremely busy at work. Oh well...

Anyway, as to my report... well, I've gotten a few phone numbers, but still no rejections.

It's actually pretty funny, I'm approaching the girl, starting up the conversation, and hoping that she'll reject me so I'll meet my quota! I would never have thought that, in a million years, I would be hoping a girl would give me a rejection.

At this rate though, I think the only way I'm going to get my ten rejections, is to try to use the most ineffective approach I can think of... probably, "You wouldn't want to go out with me, would you?"

I'll probably go to a mall 30 miles away this Saturday... approach a girl with a Hi, and if she responds, hit her with the line up there.

Note to newbies: This is NOT the DJ way of getting a phone number... but right now I'm just trying to get rejected.

BTW though, this line actually came from a test a life insurance company tried many years ago. Basically, they thought of the one phrase that would result in the least number of policy sales, and that line was "You wouldn't want to buy life insurance, would you?"

And for eight hours a day, they had a group of sales reps use this line on everyone they met.

The results: They sold twice as many policies as the average sales rep

The reason: Most sales reps hesitated, made excuses, or didn't go full steam ahead. On the other hand, this group, even with a very flawed opener, still did better because they were consistent, and went for it.

Moral of the story: Anything is better than nothing.

So anyway, if I don't get some rejections soon, I'll have to resort to this method.

ESPN,

Excellent post!!!

Emoney,

I would recommend you read the link posted by Dr_Feelgood earlier.

As for specific things to do... just go for it. Don't give yourself time to think, just act FAST!

Also, it might not be your fear of rejection that's holding you back... but rather your fear of success. Think about it...

Komodo,

It's very common to find it easier to approach girls that you barely know, as opposed to someone you have a crush on... it's probably due to the fact that you a) put too much thought into the approach with the crush AND/OR 2) you have your crush on a pedestal.

If you psyche yourself into thinking of the person you have a crush on, as being just another person, then you won't have those problems.

As for Anthony Berger and his techniques... I'm not familiar with him, so I can't offer any feedback.

Ronin,

I know exactly what you mean, I haven't gotten any rejection yet either. Maybe you should consider my strategy above.

mistyc,

I must say that I am impressed. Your progress keeps on improving on a regular basis. Keep up the great work!

aznbreakerjrey,

Everyone stalls once in a while... just don't concentrate on the stalls and keep on approaching and closing!

DJ Red,

Now that is what being a DJ is all about... being the best in everything you do, including girls. Congratulations on your job interview performance!!!

Vegas Playa,

I agree with you, everyone should do what you did, and take a look at all the improvements in their lives since they began four weeks ago. You've taken fantastic steps, and just wait until we get to the end of this Boot Camp!

Pancho,

You could very well be right, in fact, I'm pretty sure you are. But we're half way there right now, anyway. And pretty much everyone who dropped out, would more than likely have dropped out for one reason or another later on. As things stand right now, those who are still participating will probably finish the Boot Camp, since they've went this far. But I understand your point.

Xaneus,

"Question 1: If she gives you the number but also tells you she has a boyfriend, is that a rejection?"

That's kind of subjective, but I would have to say No, since you still got the number. A lot of girls will tell you they have a boyfriend either to test you, or to clear their conscious about the fact that they have a boyfriend, and then will readily accept your date.

As for the fact that she mentions she has a boyfriend, when you do go out on a date with her, in your mind pretend she does not have a boyfriend, and proceed from there.

If she's so in love with her boyfriend, then she won't go out with you in the first place, and will not let you proceed further. The borefriend could just be someone she's keeping around until she finds a REAL man. So for all practical purposes, if she does go out with you, forget the boyfriend issue.

"I have to go do X now, but I'd love to talk to you some other time... what's your phone number?"

That's my normal close as well... seems to work for me!

"3. (this one is more for a few weeks down the road) When I'm on dates with these girls, I can't seem to bring myself to close with a kiss. I know there's no chance if I don't, but usually by the end of a date, there's no chance of rejection (I'm that good)... but with these girls there is... I also feel kind of bad about kissing a girl with a boyfriend. Most of the girls I really end up liking fall into this category"

See here, the problem is not with the girl, it's with you. She accepted your date, so she knows what you want. Go for it, she wants you to kiss her, and she wants to be with you, otherwise she would not have accepted the date in the first place. The borefriend is a non-issue.

future marine,

Keep it up, my man!

Dr_Feelgood,

Yeah, I've been watching your success! Dude, you rock!!!

Hope you had a blast with the strippers

We'll miss you for this week, but I look forward to seeing you back in uniform next week!

And thanks for posting the links, they are very useful!

NormalGuy,

"Felt somewhat better this morning as I realized that it wasn't such a lost cause because at least I had at least taken the risk."

That's the attitude! Keep on with those approaches!!!

Vegas Playa,

I loved that story, and congratulations on your first rejection!

Master of the Universe

------------------
"Life's a joke... take it too seriously, and the joke's on you" - Master of the Universe

"You can never know everything, and part of what you know is always wrong. Perhaps even the most important part. A portion of wisdom lies in knowing that. A portion of courage lies in going on anyways." - Lan Mandragoran, The Wheel of Time

Komodo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this one girl for a while she'e about a 8 and really smart.I've been talking to her for a while.I even asked her for her # but she said she would have gave it to me but her parents are really defensive and don't like guys calling the house.Another promblem is that I don't have a car.How the hell am I suppose to get around that?Any suggestions M.O.T.U ?

El MonoLoco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, sorry guys school's got me bogged down.But my finals are next week so I can catch up.Got to do the study thing you know. I'm still talking to all sorts of new chicks. Guess I'm gonna have to go for the close more often.

I did get a date with this one chick.Funny thing is I totally forgot to get her #.Shoot I can't even remember if I know her name? Woops!

I guess I should keep on chatting with chicks until all the students clear out and go home for summer.Then start over after finals. That way I can kick back and get #'s from the chicks who are gonna be in town for a while longer. I hate getting a # then the chick leaves for 3 months and its hard as hell to get together with her again.

Damn school.

mistyc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I was right. Stop trying, and you relax enough that you're able to do it.

Ok, this is week#2 stuff, but I'll talk about it here.
Had 4 conversations with strangers in the space of 20 minutes (wow!! a first, for me).

It all started when I was waiting for the bus, and a lady asked me for the time, and proceeded from there to talk about all the late buses.

Then when I got off, some guy talking to me about how he never sees daylight, since he works nightshifts (conversation skills still rated at: Poor, at this point. I don't even remember where he works
)

Then we were on the scene of an accident (which happened before we got there), so as he left I started asking some onlookers what happened, and one lady described (conversation skills mediocre)

Then another lady joined, and she found me quite receptive to her story about an accident she had on the highway, and her broken wrist. (conversation skills: getting better! even started to get some "trance words" or whatever they're called, and it had a nice effect).

off to celebrate now, by watching Star Wars episode II!

Vegas Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, does accidentally hitting on jailbait count as a rejection?

I was at a department store when I saw this cute Reese Witherspoon look-a-like talking to some older guy, so I’m thinking she works there. After she makes eye contact with me 3 times within the span of a minute, I walk up to her and the following interchange occurs:

Me: Hi, my name’s Vegas. (shake her hand) Do you work here?

Her: No.

Me: Well, maybe you could help me find something anyway.

Her: What?

Me: Your phone number (remember guys, I’m TRYING to get rejected here!)!

Her: (smiles and thinks about it a few seconds) Uhhh…do you know how old I am?

Me: I dunno. 22 or 23, something like that?

Her: I’m 16!

Me: (thinking "OH SHYT!") Uhhh. . .well then, maybe I’ll see ya in a few years!

Is that a rejection? After all, she didn’t TECHNICALLY say no! ;-) Then again, maybe she did but I didn’t hear her 'cause I was too busy running away---especially when I realized the older guy was probably her Dad!

I’ll let MoTu make the call on that one!

Otherwise, in an attempt earlier in the evening I failed---to get a rejection, that is. I went to Gordon Biersch after work and sat down at the bar next to a couple of cute girls who were absorbed in girl talk.

I sat there like a chump just looking around the bar for almost 15 minutes (still working on mastering the 3-second rule and the skill of interrupting women).

When the girl farthest away from me takes a call on her cell, however, I go into action with the girl next to me. We talk for a few minutes until her friend gets off of the phone, and then they resume their girl talk and I resume looking around the bar for other prospects.

The other girl gets on her phone again and I resume my convo with the girl next to me. I guess I developed too much rapport, though, because the one I was talking to eventually introduced me to her friend and gave me her number after I asked for it while getting up to leave. Oh well! :)

Maybe we'll have to resort to using awful pick-up lines if we have too much trouble getting women to reject us. Below is a list of the "10 Worst Opening Lines of All Time" lifted from the DJ article by Allen Thompson. Preface your request for their phone number with these lines, and watch the rejections rack up!

Here, direct from the home office in Charlotte, NC are The Top Ten Worst Opening Lines of All Time:

#10 - You look like a hooker I knew in Phoenix.
#9 - You remind me of my dead ex-girlfriend.
#8 - If you were a booger I'd pick you first.
#7 - You look just like my mama. I love my mama.
#6 - Gross! Somebody farted. Let's get out of here.
#5 - Hey, baby, wanna go halves on a bastard?
#4 - So... is it safe to say I'm gonna get lucky tonight?
#3 - You'll do.
#2 - Wow! Are those real?

And the #1 worst opening line of all time:
"Gee, for a fat girl, you sure don't sweat much."

Good luck, fellas!

"Fear and fatigue block the mind. Face both, then courage and confidence flow into you."
--B.K.S. Iyengar

[This message has been edited by Vegas Playa (edited 05-18-2002).]

XANEUS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got somewhere between 1 and three rejections today... depending on how you count.

The real rejection: I was at a mall food court and I approached these two girls sitting down intently writing something... they looked up at me, and I realized they were REALLY young... but by then I had already asked if they'd mind my joining them. OOPS!!! The worst part is they just gave me this nervous confused look. They said "well... we don't know you..." I was already committed, so I came back with "is that a problem" (I should have come up with something better but I really wanted out of there) they just looked confused again, so I left... I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER BEEN IN A PICK-UP SITUATION IN WHICH EVERYONE PRESENT WANTED OUT SIMULTANEOUSLY BEFORE!!!!

XANEUS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
oops... didn't mean to send that yet...

That sucked... but at least I got a rejection (or two?) I did better elsewhere today.

I talked to this cute Vietnamese girl at the mall, and we really seemed to have rapport... when I asked her for her # she said she lived with her parents and they didn't allow her to take calls from boys. I was about to give up, but before I left I asked her if she had e-mail and she readily complied... she even made me read it back to her to make sure I got it right. Should I count this as a rejection or not?

I also got another number today... I saw this girl with really nice legs, and I started walking faster to catch up... she turned and saw me, and I briefly considered stopping (I'm not a stalker) but I figured I was just trying to get rejected anyway so I continued. She was leaving the mall, but she was conscious of my presence, so she got directly in my path and stopped. We talked for a minute and I realized she wasn't as good-looking as I thought (7) so I flirted a bit then split... funny thing was after that, she kept bumping into me at different places in the mall... like she was following me around... so I said fukk it and digitized her.

so results so far

6 girls approached
3 phone numbers
1 e-mail address
2 stupid little high schoolers with no clue
1 instance of total rejection
2 partial rejections which were still fruitful.

Centaur

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello fellow soldiers,

Let me start off by saying that the beginning of this week sucked ass--I had work up the wazzu, I've been actually looking for another job, and I've encountered other, unexpected, problems. So it wasn't until Wednesday that I really got an opportunity to even think about doing the assignment--and when I did, it blew me away how challenging it was. I was so bewildered that I vowed to conquer it. I realize now that getting 10 rejections from women, no matter how you look at it, was a bee-yotch of a hurdle. It was like asking Mr Couch Potatoe to lose 50 pounds in one week locked in a Dennys.And that's actually what I liked about this weeks assignment--It made me work for it--I mean REALLY WORK for it. So much so, that Wed. and Thurs I couldn't even get up the nerve to do it--even though I went out three or four times, in three or four places to do it. I finally got a rejection on Friday, with this Israeli waitress, who (had the nicest set of titties I have ever seen flopping around by the way--when they bounced they sent waves around the room...)--but I digress. I talked to two other women, a Brazilian one who I liked but didn't go for the close, and the other gave sort of a semi-rejection. Today, though is when it really hit. I mean I was macking my ass off today--I must've talked to about 10--12 attractive women today, which, for me, is akin to the whole feeding the two fish to the whole multitude thing. While several of them were slightly below the legal age (men be careful of these nyc women, they can and will trick), the vast majority were quite gorgoeous, ambitious women between the ages of 25-35. I met one woman who was planning a trip to the Yucatan, another was about to get married, and was buying some fancy-grossy femimine wedding book, another was this freaky looking women who said she was an actress, who wore these sophisticated glasses, covering sex hot and warm eyes. Another I actually just accosted on the street, she sashayed by and I was just like, "Excuse me..blah blah blah"--I actually have no idea what I said to her). At some point she told me she had a boyfriend, and I simply laughed at her and looked her in the eyes and said, "so when is the wedding?" And she was like "naw, it ain't like that." (Boom!!!!)--I later got her business car. In fact, I only got two rejections today....as most were favorable responses. Of course, I don't want to go into the classic tale about a bad week turn good (I still need a damn job!), but I had a little bit of fun--walking around like I was some reincarnated Cassanova. We'll see how I can channel this into job-adation.

Centaur

"Everything that rises must converge."

Flannery O' Conner

Vegas Playa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Was out clubbing last night with my homies. Stood by the waitress station at the bar and kept chatting up these two ****tail waitresses as they came up to get their drinks.

Got some rapport going with the more gregarious of the two and went for the sure rejection by asking her for the digits. What I got, actually, was the "I have a BF" objection. Had I not been as drunk as I was, I might have thought to say
"Congratulations! When's the wedding?" as MoTu suggests

So here is my scorecard thus far:

4 approaches
2 rejections
1 approach with a girl that looking 22 but was really 16 (still waiting on MoTu to rule on that one!)
1 phone number

Now 'scuse me while I to nurse my hangover!

[This message has been edited by Vegas Playa (edited 05-19-2002).]

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, I just got back from a while of walking around and getting rejected. Today just wasn't my day, for I got 5 rejections and no numbers. I'm thinking it's that I get too nervous when going for the close. With practice I'll get there though. My weaknesses I need to work on:
1. Closing smoothly
2. Maintaining composure
3. Realizing that I need to just relax, let the game come to me, and just converse naturally with the opposite sex.
I just realized number three right now. I was pre-planning my convos and that didn't pan out. At least I'm starting to get used to rejections ...

XANEUS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
aznbreakerjrey... you luckly bastard... you're a perfect 5 for 5 on this week's lesson... if only I were so lucky!!!...

seriously... keep it up... the first time I tried this (about a year ago) I got four rejections and no numbers... but then I got back on campus and got 3 (my first three) numbers in the next week (with no rejections)... so have faith. This stuff really does work even if you don't see it immediately.

-X

Thrillseeker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so here’s my report.

Friday

Went to the mall because I had to repair my sunglasses. After two glasses shops couldn’t help me I found a third one where they were able to. The specialist that did the repair was a young woman, about 25. I left her alone while she worked and patiently waited while looking around. When she finished she gave me back my glasses and I chatted with her for a little while about trivial things like the fact that Nike now makes glasses. Anyway after a bit I steered the conversation to focus about her and later asked her if she like to go out sometime. She wasn’t interested since she was in a relationship but she didn’t charge me for the repair(it was minor anyway, just two missing screws). So this was my first rejection of the week.

On the way back home on the bus I met one of my cousin’s ex girlfriends, had good convo with her. I was the one who approached her, she hadn’t recognize me. When she got off the bus I hit on a girl who had asked me for time earlier (when I was walking up to my cousin’s ex waiting in line). Had convo with her until I got off the bus. Didn’t put much effort in that one as I deemed her to be too young for me. I asked her for her number out off the clear blue sky before I got off the bus. She was a bit surprised and embarrassed and gave me the usual ( you’re a great guy but etc etc..). Second rejection. Called it a night.

Saturday

Went to another mall. I had to buy a few things. I entered the mall by going in the Sears and while walking through the cosmetic area I spotted this absolutely fine woman. Stunning classy girl. I didn’t even walk up to her. Not that I was afraid but she was al least thirty which is way above my typical age range. Thinking about it, I take it back, I freaked out about going up to talk to a classy woman in her thirties. I guess I rejected myself there.

Later at a department store (Wal Mart type) the cashier forgot to put one of my item in my bag(small poster mounts). I only noticed it later in day when I was checking my things out. Went back to the store and to the girl. She was sort of relieved/expecting me and pointed me to customer service to get my poster mounts. After I cleared everything out and was exiting I went by her register(she was alone for the moment) and chatted with her. This was fun and I played a bit on the guilt card telling her that I appreciated her honesty as she could have taken my poster mounts for herself or let someone else have them(in a playful manner). Told her it was a good thing she was attentive after she had been distracted and asked what had distracted her(she told me she was having a tiring day but I figure it was me who distracted her
). She was receptive. This was a good opportunity to ask her out before other clients came and held her up so I asked her for her number saying we would do stuff together and that would give her a nice break and a good time. She gave me her number and her availabilities. Left, told her we’d hook up soon. Well, did not get rejected so this is not good, in a sense.

Going by the food court to exit the mall I spotted this fine chick eating a big subway style sandwich. As I passed by her I waved not intending to do anything more. She waved back and asked me how it was going. Sensing opportunity and liking how the day was so far going I sat down and started convo with her. The usual at first(name, where you live, etc). At one point she asked me what I had come to buy since she noticed a couple of bags and commented that I shopped like a woman. Did not like that last one so I was now intent on neg hitting her. Best I came up with was “I wonder just how you manage to keep your line when you keep eating big sandwiches like that. I wonder what I’d find if I were to lift your shirt…” Made her laugh and she gave me that “you’re a smart a$$” look. I didn’t feel like playing for too long with her and I wanted to see where I was going with this so I told her I had to get going and to give me her number so we could have more time to chat up. She agreed, gave digits and told me “that I probably make a good shopping partner”. There she went again. Told her that I was “a good partner at many things” and left. I like this one. Smart a$$ type that keeps you on your toes. That was it for Saturday, very good day with two numbers!(bad for assignment though)

Sunday

Went to see the WWE(hate the new name) pay-per view at a bar with a friend. Nothing special. Walking back home with my friend this girl approached us mistaking my friend for another guy. Didn’t do anything with the girl since it was past eleven pm in a quiet area. Don’t want to be pepper sprayed. Does that count as another self imposed rejection? Closer to home we came by a house where five girls were climbing in a car ready to go clubbing. Decided it was safe to approach. Asked girls(I was the one doing all the talk) where they were going ,etc. Then told them that we should all go clubbing together sometime. None of them could give a straight answer. Many excuses, some had boyfriends, others weren’t sure that we’d want to go to the same places, bla bla bla. Finally one of them told me that they like to hang out a particular club and that perhaps we would meet them there if we ever went there. Basically this is five rejections all in one, on? But maybe some are salvageable? I won’t count on it but who knows?

Sum of All Rejections

Friday: 2 by girls
Saturday: 1 by myself
Sunday: 5 by girls and 1 by self

Total: 7 rejections. 9 if you count self inflicted.

------------------
“There is surely nothing other than the single purpose of the present moment. A man’s whole life is a succession of moment after moment. If one fully understands the present moment, there will nothing else to do, and nothing else to pursue.”
-Hagakure, Yamamoto Tsenetomo