Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Demod Giovanni Casanova

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that he will probably delete this thread, but I would expect nothing less. The man plain as day cannot do his job as a mod. What he does instead is insult and instigate people, and then threaten them with a ban for doing the same thing. He got PRLover and Player_Supreme banned this way, and he is now trying to get MindOverMatter and others banned in a similar fashion. Here is part of the PM that Mind sent me:

In this racial flame thread (http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75863&perpage=40&pagenumber=7 ) I made a comment about how Gio was too busy insulting / threatning people in Anything Else to close an obviously racist thread, and then I get a pm titled "You're going to end up like your heroes".

Giovanni Casanova wrote on 06-29-2005 01:12 PM:
If you don't knock off your bullsh*t. I have been reasonable with you thus far. Up in the top right corner you will see a button called "register". It contains some of the site's rules. I'd suggest you re-read them and adhere to them.

Have a spectacular day.
The guy calls me a homosexual and flames me out of the blue in another thread because I disagreed with him (http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77869&perpage=40&pagenumber=2), and now he is threatning me with a ban.
And it is 100% true. This guy is nothing but an instigator. He is a terrible moderator who does nothing but insult people and hijack threads, NEVER offering any DJ advice, only insulting and threatening people. I have been a moderator at other forums, and rarely have I seen anyone who is ruining a site as much as this dude.

Nonmods who instigate like this are called trolls. Mods should be treated the same way. If Gio isn't demodded, this site is going to lose many of its best members, and a lot of credibility. It's a wonder this guy's even still a moderator.

If this thread is still around by the time I get back, it will be a miracle. Or Gio will just have felt the need to "prove me wrong"

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Note. Despite the fact Gio's PM to me was an obvious, personally heated threat, I listened to him and did not push the subject any further in public.

Then, if you read the self defence thread (http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78031 ), he insults me yet again:

I'd be careful if I were you, all that wimpy passive-aggressive behavior is gonna give you a heart attack before you're old enough to move out of your mom's basement.
Now hold on a second. I never called this guy a homosexual, I never made an insulting comment / assumption about the guy's life in this fashion. Yet he obviously did it to me in 2 days.

So I followed Gio's advice and read the information in the register menu:

It said the following:

If you insult, harass, or disrespect any member of this forum, you will be banned or suspended from the forum.
Gio has obviously insulted me (by commenting that I was homosexual [sidenote, one of the reasons PRL got banned was because he called Gio a homosexual).

Then:

You agree that you will not use the SoSuave.com forums to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
Gio has also broken this rule by making that comment about me stating that I live in my mom's basement. The comment is defamatory, hateful harassing, and inaccurate.

I have also modded on other boards, and while the administrator has allowed us to exercise our freedom of speech, he also made sure that we followed the site's rules. Mods should be out there closing flame-baiting threads, and suspending instigators. When a mod is the one who is instigating problems, and flame-baiting members, he obviously is not doing a good job.

I do feel other mods on this website are doing an amazing job. Eternal was an amazing mod, who did a lot of work Gio didn't do, and he got flamed for it by instigators who claimed he didn't have a life. Obviously the guy had a life, and enough game to find a good girlfriend. I also feel that diablo does an awesome job (if you look at any forum that he mods, in the last 10 closed threads, diablo was the one who closed them).

edit -

This is how a good mod closes threads: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77912 . He shows an indifferent attitude, and gives a curteous reason for why he is closing the thread

This is how a flame-baiting, instigator mod closes threads:
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76628&perpage=40&pagenumber=2 . He flames the members, calls them homos who like to "suck c*cks" and then closes the thread. What happens then? Those same members get offended and carry their hate for the mod into other threads and continue the flames. The mod decides to apply the site's rules, and gets the members banned. All this could have been avoided with a good moderator.

Another edit:

The complaint about Giovanni Casanova insulting members and starting flame wars was brought up before, in the Suggestions & Feedback forum. There was so much drama about this (note, I did not post against Gio back then), that Allan Thompson (sosuave.com) posted this thread (http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64567 ) in which he stated:

But the mods have to do their part as well. Mods will not flame, bait, or annoy any member of this board. Mods will treat all members of this forum with the utmost respect.
Yet there is a mod here that is calling me a homosexual, and posts defamatory comments about me.

I love this website, I enjoy posting game and discussing seduction with every member - whether it's a new member or a veteran with solid game. I am currently in the process of writting a workout bible for the H&F forum to compliment DIESEL's workout guides. I want to do my part and contribute to this site becomming more successful, as it has been good to me. But I do not appreciate being flamed, flame-baited, and threatened, especially by a mod. If Gio wants to get me banned, and Allen thinks this site is better off without me, so be it. I just think that it's only fair that the rules that apply to us commoner members should also apply to mods, and that mods should do their jobs. Being a mod isn't about having power or status on boards, it's about keeping the forums clean.

Last edited:

quest

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
although i don't have specific references (i certainly don't save them, and will not go searching for them), i too have a problem with giovanni.

Diablo is a truly great moderator, and one of, if not, the best poster here.

I hold MindOverMatter in the same regaurd.

Giovanni.:down:

-although i realise i'm putting my neck on the line, i feel that this needs backing.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I concur.

10 bucks that we will all get banned within a week though...:)

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:woo: (this is supposed to be a guy rubbing one out)

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh... + 1.

I was under the impression that a Mod had the responsibility born of DJism that entailed not giving a toss! Instead of trying to please with insulting retorts. The fact b*tching (as opposed to healthy debate) was encouraged over pages and pages tells me he needed to prove a point for himself, rather than the greater good.

I'm sure diablo would have simply locked it before his emotions had the chance to get the better of him.

Having said that I disagree that GC posts nothing of merit, he has made countless posts of great value. Perhaps a kick up the ass would instead suffice?

Smile :cool:

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having said that I disagree that GC posts nothing of merit, he has made countless posts of great value...
I will agree there and say that some of Gio's old tips are really great additions to the website. However, those are all from several years ago, and some of those were posted before he became a mod. He can be a good addition to the site in terms of seduction material, but he is a bad mod. He does not do his job, taunts members, starts flames, and is generally disrespectful/obnoxious to newcomers instead of helping them out.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The interesting thing i think about this is...are any mods going to reply or even take this into consideration. Hes on of your own so what are yall going to do? After reading some of giovannis posts and reactions to other members, he does seem to be abusing his "power". However i believe that this will be overlooked and everyone that has anything to do with this will be banned or suspended. We shall see

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experience as a moderator elsewhere, when one or two people complain about a moderator, it is mostly not taken seriously. However, when many voice the same complaint, as has been seen in this thread, it is taken much more seriously, and there's a good chance of the mod losing their job.

affliction

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. I'm sure he's a nice guy when he's not talking about homosexuals (That recent thread was not the first of its kind. Do a search and you'll notice how incredibly heated he gets every time homosexuals are attacked. It's weird, and I've come up with my own conclusion.), and I've read a number of his tips, but he's not the ideal type of person to be a mod.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm I come to this forum daily and read, but hardly post. I too have noticed that he seems to have something lodged up his bung hole and couldnt believe that a mod would act this way.

just my 2 cents

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. You've got my vote.

I personally thought he was out of line in that threa where he was going to turn that guy in for beating up that guy. I completely agreed with him about how the guy was wrong for beating him up, but it was not in Gio's place to intervene. It had nothing to do with him, and as stated the police there already knew about it anyway.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, look, as a former mod myself, I can state some things in this thread...

First, Gio wasn't the reason PRL and Player Supreme got banned. If any of you remember (which it seems you don't) Gio said in this thread that PRL shouldn't get banned unless he really got out of line.

Lo and behold, for the next few days, PRL was on a posting spree of crap. He flamed members for no reason, he posted the same thing 5 times, and he ignored warnings. That is what got him banned.

Player Supreme got banned because he flamed too much with his posts. I'm not talking about when he defended himself, I'm talking just outright flames. He also carried them over into other threads. One example was between him and a certain Mature Man poster. It started off in one thread and went for about 8 pages before it was closed. Then the Mature Man poster made a tip post in the forum (what it was about, I honestly don't remember.) In under 30 minutes, it had 7 replies, each a page long of induced flaming from Player. The Mature Man poster said nothing to Player in the thread. He DID PM me about it though.

Player also went after the moderators. He was a pain in a few threads, so I sent him a warning, via PM. He posts it on the site and says "these symps are trying to hate on me. This is the 4th warning I've gotten this week. They won't do anything." 2 weeks and countless more flames later, he gets banned.

Did Gio have any part of that? No. Gio was one of the LAST people to say "yeah, ban him."

Get your facts straight people.

Guys, being a mod here is tough. It's slow at times, hectic at others. Posters being on our *sses don't help matters. Each moderator has a life outside of this site, where things happen. There are times when something that happens outside of the site is emotional and it gets transfered over to this.

He's recieving a lot of flack for various reasons. Some people yell when he closes something..,Others, when he leaves something open.

Each and everyname in that "Moderator" list are great mods. Some are just around more than others. None deserve to get demodded.

If you have a problem with a moderator, PM Allen isntead of posting. Posting only enhances the situation.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal, I'll agree with you on some points.

Guys, being a mod here is tough. It's slow at times, hectic at others. Posters being on our *sses don't help matters. Each moderator has a life outside of this site, where things happen. There are times when something that happens outside of the site is emotional and it gets transfered over to this.

He's recieving a lot of flack for various reasons. Some people yell when he closes something..,Others, when he leaves something open.
I know being a mod is tough, and that's why few people make good mods. I can understand him having a bad day and giving someone obnoxious advice to let off some steam, that's cool. Most people don't have a problem with threads being closed, as long as it's done in a professional manner.

What I have a problem is this: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76628&perpage=40&pagenumber=2 Where he closes a thread, but not before putting in the last word:

"PRL, 00Kevin... It's okay, it's okay... you like to suck on men's c*cks... we get it. You don't have to act like you hate the "homos" and "fags". You can't help what you are.... "
This is unacceptable for a mod. It's an open flame. If mods can't follow the code of conduct, then how are we gonna expect members to follow it?

If he just closed the thread anonymously, or closed it saying "thread closed due to flames", nobody would have had a problem.

Instead what happened? PRL went berserk at being called a homo, started calling mods homos, saying there was a mod conspiracy, and chasing Gio around on random threads calling him a homo. At this point it doesn't matter if Gio said that PRL shouldn't be banned, because he already provoked him to the level that warranted him getting banned according to the code of conduct.

What I also have a problem with is a mod referring to me as a homo and insulting me saying that I'm a bum who hasn'tmoved out my mom's basement (i've never insulted the guy before, and he doesnt even know me). Mods are not supposed to flamebait like this.

Like I said in another thread, I don't have a problem with gio as a member. He has posted some hilarious sh!t, and I've enjoy his old tips. And I can understand him getting into a flame, like I said, that's normal for any member. But as a mod, he should uphold the code of conduct, since members often get banned for things he says. Basically, I feel that as a mod, he creates more spills then he helps clean up.

Peace out bro.

edit - I did PM Allen way before this thread was posted (and never got a response), as have others who have felt similarly (and I also encourage others who feel the same to do it, you can pm him from here http://www.sosuave.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=6013). I told MF to send a pm as well, but I never told him to post a public thread about it. That was his call. I do agree with you tho, threads like this usually create more drama (which is why I'm trying to keep it as civil as possible)

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Gio was attempting a joke in that thread...I hope....

PRL was actually going beserk before that post. They all got deleted though.

As far as the rest go...I'll agree on one point: Gio DOES make a lot of spills...

HOWEVER, a lot of members turn those spills into something compareable to the "Valdez" (I think that was the Exxon oil spill...) incident.

I'll talk to Gio a bit and see if things are ok.

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't want to say anything too critical out of respect for penkitten, but I too agree that Gio needs to either shape up or ship out. I don't think he's moderator material at this present time. Maybe he was in the past, and maybe he will be in the future, but not now. His only saving grace is penkitten! Maybe SHE should be the moderator in his place.

When Eternal was here, he did an excellent job. He never flamed, judged, or came off as superior. Diablo is also a very mature moderator who holds his own without making the other posters feel like s--t.

So, I agree, it's time for Gio to go or take a BIG BREAK.
SB:)

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His only saving grace is penkitten! Maybe SHE should be the moderator in his place.
I would support this 100%. Penkitten seems like a really mature person, doesn't flame, doesn't start drama, and she is good at helping newcomers.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal, I was a super moderator of a vBulletin site that was as active as this one for FOUR YEARS. What a super mod means is I moderated all of the forums (the site had at least 70 of them) and pulled the ban trigger. I had alot happen outside of life in those four years, obviously, but I was smart enough not to let that, or to let personal grudges against posters, affect the way I did my job. If Gio cannot do either one of those, he should not be a moderator.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
Eternal, I was a super moderator of a vBulletin site that was as active as this one for FOUR YEARS. What a super mod means is I moderated all of the forums (the site had at least 70 of them) and pulled the ban trigger. I had alot happen outside of life in those four years, obviously, but I was smart enough not to let that, or to let personal grudges against posters, affect the way I did my job. If Gio cannot do either one of those, he should not be a moderator.
Metal, you are preaching to the choir. I'm a super mod myself at a big Vbulliten site. Banning is just one of the many things that can happen on that site.

Seabreeze - Thanks for that, but don't forget...When I was a mod, I had a few threads that had the sole purpose of "Eternal is a piece of sh*t" comments. Every moderator will have them. Diablo had his modding questioned by someone when the S&F forum was open.

Gigalo - Don't try fooling anyone man. I know what you are after and what you are trying to do. Dude, just cut it out man. It's not mature or funny in the least bit, and it won't get you anywhere.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can vaguely remember a time when a poster demanded for Diablo (or Eternal, can't remember which mod) to be removed.

Everyone has his day.

Status
Not open for further replies.