Demod Giovanni Casanova

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for that, but don't forget...When I was a mod, I had a few threads that had the sole purpose of "Eternal is a piece of sh*t" comments. Every moderator will have them. Diablo had his modding questioned by someone when the S&F forum was open.
I remember those, and I did defend you (and the other mods). People disliked you because you did your job too well (which in my opinion was bs and I did stand up for you). People dislike Gio because we feel that he doesn't do his job, and violates a lot of the rules he is supposed to enforce. Anyway, the guys who gave you a hard time were the minority bro. Most of us thought you kept this place clean from flamers, and that you were the best mod on this site. It would be awesome if you came back to mod here, but you probably don't have the time for it.

Diablo got questioned when he first started modding, because people generally didn't know much about him. Once everybody saw that this guy was doing his job perfectly, people started showing him a lot of respect. As it stands right now, he's the best mod on this site due the fact he does his job without powertripping, and follows all the rules he enforces on others. He also posts photographs of his success, which serve as inspiration to newcomers. All in all, this site is a lot better off with him as a mod. I can't say the same about Gio.

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal, I've been reading this board for three years and posting for two years now. You don't have to remind me that you and Diablo have been targeted at times, but you two have never come close to the kind of moderating that Gio has. You two have never (from my knowledge) started arguments for argument's sake, flamed and made fun of posters who disagree with you, came off as know-it-alls who are influenced by your own prejudices. You guys always allowed other people their personal opinions without trying to discount them tirelessly like Gio, who goes almost to the point of sounding like a junior highschooler. Look back, most of the people who wanted you two out were people who were FLAMERS, who got mad at you guys for telling THEM to chill out and be respectful. It's not the same thing with Gio, and you know it.
SB;)

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not one pick fights on this board ever but Gio really has something long and sharp lodged in that giant canyon posterior of his and really needs to learn some empathy and compassion or go find another board to hate on.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MindOverMatter
I remember those, and I did defend you (and the other mods). People disliked you because you did your job too well (which in my opinion was bs and I did stand up for you). People dislike Gio because we feel that he doesn't do his job, and violates a lot of the rules he is supposed to enforce. Anyway, the guys who gave you a hard time were the minority bro. Most of us thought you kept this place clean from flamers, and that you were the best mod on this site. It would be awesome if you came back to mod here, but you probably don't have the time for it.

Diablo got questioned when he first started modding, because people generally didn't know much about him. Once everybody saw that this guy was doing his job perfectly, people started showing him a lot of respect. As it stands right now, he's the best mod on this site due the fact he does his job without powertripping, and follows all the rules he enforces on others. He also posts photographs of his success, which serve as inspiration to newcomers. All in all, this site is a lot better off with him as a mod.
Thanks and I remember you sticking up. But also remember...The main person that wanted me out was a "highly rated member." So...People jumped on the wagon. You also don't know how many PM's I got calling for my head from people who were "defending" me on the site. :rolleyes:

Gio does his job well too. There is a reason he was made moderator of this forum. Because he is a good moderator. When I was around, Diablo and I made Discussion almost spotless. Gio, prosemont, Paradox, Vincent (when he finally got mod status there) and Von Neuen (when around) all picked up the rest of the pieces.

Mature Man is a pretty self-cleaning forum. Posters there are serious. They keep themselves in check. The rare flame wars, however, Survivor stopped. Once he left, Paradox and Gio took over. Paradox set the tone early because he was made mod there before Gio. Once Gio got there, everyone already knew not to screw up. There have been maybe a half dozen posts that Gio and Paradox have had to close, move, ect since then. So little work there.

Gio JUST got made mod here in AE. He has closed a few posts that needed closing. He also made sure to keep things inline. I have been told by a few of the mods that putting Gio here was a good idea, since he is in here a lot.

Guys, there is no mistake that Gio is a mod. There is also no mistake that he gets rowdy a bit. He was doing that even before he became a mod. Now that he has "power," people no longer think it's funny.

Make up your minds people: Do you want moderators who just sit back and go "that thread is out of hand...Ban those people!"

Or;

Moderators who will post along with you and joke around?

I opt for the later.

Also Mind, I had thought about coming back a few times, but after seeing some of the recent events, I don't really want to.

Diplomatic - That was me, Vincent, and Gio...By Wyldfire.

Diablo got picked on because he was new.

Vincent gets picked on because Player Supreme is stalking him. Seriously.

I got yelled at for closing a post by Wyldfire and pointing out the fact there was a place for her post.

Gio got yelled at for *gasp* standing up for me.

Moderators stick together. You harass one, you harass them all. You ask for one to leave, you are basically asking for them all to be removed.

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually give Gio some credit now for not locking this thread :woo: ...yet

seabreeze

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eternal, I'm sorry, all moderators are NOT made alike. And people do change. Maybe Gio was good at one time, in fact I do believe that he was, but with power comes responsibility. If he can dish it out, he should be able to take it, I have very little sympathy for him at this point.

It's grand that you're taking up the cause of defending him, out of duty, whatever, but I think his posts are marginally helpful, so perhaps he should just stick to moderating if he's gonna stay around.

Nevertheless, things are not always black and white, stay or go. Perhaps he just needs some time off to focus on the big lifechanging event that's about to happen in his life. Clearly, he's just not on the same page with most of the posters here, which makes him come off as flippant, condescending, and dismissive.
SB:)

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey bro.

Make up your minds people: Do you want moderators who just sit back and go "that thread is out of hand...Ban those people!"

Or;

Moderators who will post along with you and joke around?

I opt for the later.
Of course I don't want moderators that ban first ask questions later. I do want moderators that are good guys and who you can talk game with, disagree with, and joke around with without getting on their bad side and paying a price for it.

If there is a thread that is getting out of hand, it should be closed without the moderator pouring more gasoline on it. I don't mind some of Gio's jokes, the guy has made me laugh a lot of times. It's the insulting, flame-baiting, threatning, taunting, and just general disrespect that I feel makes him unsuitable for the position of mod.

Like seabreeze said:

"You two have never (from my knowledge) started arguments for argument's sake, flamed and made fun of posters who disagree with you, came off as know-it-alls who are influenced by your own prejudices. You guys always allowed other people their personal opinions without trying to discount them tirelessly like Gio, who goes almost to the point of sounding like a junior highschooler. Look back, most of the people who wanted you two out were people who were FLAMERS, who got mad at you guys for telling THEM to chill out and be respectful."

That sums up how I feel about the comparison.

Moderators stick together. You harass one, you harass them all. You ask for one to leave, you are basically asking for them all to be removed.
It shouldn't be that way. I like the sosuave mods. Survivor was an awesome guy. Paradox, Von Nuen, presemon and co. were also (and some of them who are still here) great mods.

I have no problem with the other moderators. If they want to stick up for Gio because they've got a friendship bond with him due to working together, so be it. But I want to make it clear that I'm not voicing complaints against any of them. I've never seen any of them do what Gio does, and I don't want any of them removed, they make the site great.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seabreeze - Didn't a moderator attack you for being a chick at one point?

Mind - I get where you are coming from. But trust me on this, we didn't stick up for each other due to "friendship bond due to working together." We all have truely become friends. Hell, I was even invited to the wedding. :D

But, each mod takes it personally. Imagine if someone started saying sh*t about one of your friends who you are really cool with. Would you just sit back?

Look guys, a public outcry isn't going to do it. If Allen wants it done, he'll do it himself.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He won't close it, but I certainly will.

How about we do this... we are men after all. Let's do it at the same time everyone ready?

Let's all pull our heads (including you Gio) out of our asses at the same time. Guys... guys... this is still an internet forum. Yet, we're all going back and forth like this is the ****ing United Nations or something.

"Giovanni Casanova should be impeached... "
"Off with his head!!!"

Come on guys... chill the **** out. Everybody save your ego and power trips for the real world. Don't bring that **** in here.

AS

Status
Not open for further replies.