Delete that Facebook.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
Another win because I deleted my Facebook.

HB: Do you have a Facebook?
Me: Nope, you will just have to give me your number:
HB: Gives number.
:rockon:

So easy. I still have no regrets about dropping my Facebook. Not to mention I have freed up a lot of time I would have otherwise spent on Facebook. Dropped another 10 lbs at the gym too..

If you are on the fence about Facebook, you should try disabling it for an entire week and see how you feel, it is not deleted until 14 days have passed with it disabled. The longer I go without social networking, the more success I am finding in my life. I can't explain it but it sure works.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
90% of my dates during the past 2 years started with Facebook. I definitely have no intention of deleting it.

Facebook is only a problem if you're addicted to it and generally wasting time on there with chat and games. I just use it to send emails.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I did tend to mess around too much on facebook. For me every date I attempted to pull from facebook was a failure. Glad you have success on there, but many are like me and I suppose this advice would be geared more toward the one who jerks around too much on Facebook lol

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, I see your point then. :) My problem is youtube. I start off watching one video, then start following the recommended vids and before I know it 10 hours have passed. Well, not quite, but too long for sure.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I start off watching one video, then start following the recommended vids and before I know it 10 hours have passed"

I call that falling into the ******* of youtube...:)

Stryker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got rid of my Facebook recently too, never looked back. I must admit, I never used it to get dates with girls. Fair play if you do, but I never really used it for that kind of thing.
I just got bored of the same rubbish people talk about on there day after day, so I got rid. Now I've got a lot of free time, and when I go on my laptop, I find myself just getting on with my work and not checking up on dumb notifications. People say to me, "but dude, Facebook is a great way to get involved with upcoming events"... Nah, that's what phones are for.
There was actually a survey recently in the UK... One in five Britons would rather use Facebook to get in touch with their friends/family than simply pick up the phone... How bad is that.

DrPhysique

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've deleted mine in the past, but it's the only way I can communicate with certain people. Especially when it's related to university, it's much too useful at this point.

Also, if I tell a girl that I don't want I don't have Facebook, I'd have to give her my number. Basically, I choose the girls I want to give my number to.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been FB free for about 2 months now and loving it. So much less drama, and I don't have to read all that feminist garbage everyday. I love getting asked about it now and seeing people's reactions when I tell them "I don't have one." People actually have to hit me up to know what's going on in my life. I get a lot more "I miss you!" texts etc, simply because none of my plates really know what's going on in my life except for what I want them to know. It's great.

-Scars

AverageHero

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just deactivated my account there. It is the biggest waste of time ever in my opinion. I was thinking about it for a while, but this thread has just spurred me on to delete it

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still have one primarily for networking reasons as a musician. Other than that, I rarely go on there anymore. I deleted mine before for about a month, but my schedule was getting all screwed up and I was forgetting about gigs until last minute.

Other than this, facebook is completely useless to me. It's just a ton of overly-dramatized garbage, as well as over-analysis. (IE: WHO ARE THOSE GIRLS WRITING ON YOUR WALL ARE YOU SLEEPING WITH THEM?!) **** gets annoying after a while lol..

It's so pathetic when I'm on campus and I see a dude or a girl walking around looking at facebook or some other stupid robot thing on their phone rather than recognizing their actual life that is passing them by each second they waste on there. It's like they're completely disengaged from real life.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deleted mine 7 months ago.. no skin off my back.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
Jariel said:
90% of my dates during the past 2 years started with Facebook. I definitely have no intention of deleting it.

Facebook is only a problem if you're addicted to it and generally wasting time on there with chat and games. I just use it to send emails.
yes better looking men will be well served by facebook cause women love pretty pics of pretty dudes.. but if you are not that good looking facebook will hurt you big time.. cause females love approval form other females off their mates and if her friends say you are ugly you are done..

souperblitz99

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny I have to say I agreed with you. there is this girl from the past who would say she wanted to do things but would never give her number out. Saying she would send it on facebook. I totally agree with this idea. Only problem what about the people you don't see anymore.

goons

Don Juan
Reaction score
souperblitz99 said:
It's funny I have to say I agreed with you. there is this girl from the past who would say she wanted to do things but would never give her number out. Saying she would send it on facebook. I totally agree with this idea. Only problem what about the people you don't see anymore.
If you don't have their phone number or vice versa they aren't very important to you, why waste time with the inconsequential.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see the people I want to see, and if they want to see me they have to actually contact me.

I gave my number out on FB and said give me your number if you want to keep in contact, then I deleted it.

Like goons stated.. "why waste time with the inconsequential"

crazyboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no intention of getting rid facebook. I never actually had a woman yet give me fb info over there number. Generally i when woman ask me for fb info is after we screwed or she a coworker. I also never made attempt to pull woman off there either im good with my words so i prefer to talk than type. also my typing grammer generally horrendous.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just deactivated mine. The thing just seems like a time sink. If I want to talk to someone I'll call them on the phone.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Attention *****s use Facebook and Twitter. If there is no benefits to you I suggest you to delete it. The time I don't use spending on Facebook and Twitter I go out and talk to girls knowing there is no backup plan. I'm not going to see her on facebook and use it as a crutch. Also when I'm on the computer I'm either looking for jobs, shopping because I got paid and chopping up game with the players on the net (trying to help other people as well as trying to improve myself).

People use facebook and twitter as a crutch seriously. I ask girls out the old fashioned way. Meet them in public. Get the number first time I see them. Chop it up with them then ask them to hang out. No exceptions.... no change in the game. I tryed POF for giggles but those girls need some therapy.

I tell you guys to delete your facebook and twitter for a month and see how much more you can accomplish with your life. It is definately a lifechanger. Plus it's always a plus to be a mystery.

rhcp83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No one's saying you have to use facebook to network with women. I have about 50 friends on there, and they are family members that I don't see all the time, friends that I don't see often because we're both busy, or talking to my bandmates about the next week's rehearsal late at night when it's too late to talk on the phone.

You don't have to overuse it. It isn't facebook that's the problem, it's how you use it. Personally no new girl gets my facebook unless I'm dating her, not just some random chick I met. That's what a number is for.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
These social networking sites have killed pickup. Women are going out to the bars with more guy friends than ever; walking around with their face buried in their phone, updating their status every 10 minutes for additional attention. Facebook has turned regular everyday girls into wannabe socialites who think they're gonna be the next Kim Kardashian.