Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Delete that Facebook.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Facebook is just another "big brother" so the government, employers, and women can keep tabs on you all the while selling your private information to the highest bidder.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dust 2 Dust said:
Actually you can completely delete your profile. I also realized that deactivating doesn't delete your profile, but hides it. The only way I could figure out how to delete my profile was by doing a google search and looking up the instructions online. Once you delete your profile it actually takes 14 days before Facebook will permanently delete your information.

I had been debating deleting my profile for the past several months. I finally got rid of it a few days ago.
You sure about that?? Try logging back in in two months. Watch, it will rise from the dead.

2 months. Tell me I'm wrong.

Quiksilver said:
Now, some of the women I meet are kinda weirded out by a guy that doesn't have/use facebook.
Turn the game around. You still have facebook? Haha, yeah that's cute. I remember when I had myspace, you remember myspace? It was cool before everyone and their cat was on it... and look what happened.

This is why I don't use facebook. I'm too busy for that nonsense. See ya around, have stuff to do.

Dust 2 Dust said:
Facebook is just another "big brother" so the government, employers, and women can keep tabs on you all the while selling your private information to the highest bidder.
Wasn't intended that way but it's run by the Jewiest Jew ever. How can he say no to money?

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's an episode of South park "you have 0 friends" about facebook. It sums up your comments. Its hilarious! There's another about Apple's ipad. We should make a thread about this program's themes!

mocha2010

Don Juan
Reaction score
remotecontrol said:
I gotta say I never was dumb enough to go on facebook to start with.
so im glad a lot of peeps are finally waking up.

Remember when you didnt have instant access to everyone and when people didnt have instant access to you.

If you get hook ups on facebook great but I dont think having everyone I know, share info on me behind my back is a good idea...especially women...
because we all know this is how women operate.

I mean I never would have everyone I know go to the same party....thats my nature...i know a lot of varying personalities, who I can get along with but who wont get along with eachother.

also If I know numerous women why on earth would I let them all know how they can contact eachother????? because having everyone you know on your facebook is exactly what your allowing to happen. If you can 100 percent vouch for everyone on you FB then great for you...however if you got hundreds of friends then Id say your full of self dillusion...

Oh and dont forget your enemies dont even have to be on your friends list to look u up...It happens all the time. I heard stories about lunatics who pushed people around in high school looking up their victims 20+ years later...thats what you asking for with putting your life out there on social networking sites...

You only need one b17ch or b45tard in the mix to poision the well, telling your secrets or just plain making sh17 up about you. before facebook people in my social network didnt know who else was in my social network...and im keeping it that way.

the fact that this obvious sh17 didnt occur to people in the first place shows how dumb society has got, people really should have known better to begin with...dont you all know information=power. so why the hell would a smart guy give information about himself away so easily. A smart guy wouldnt.

All true, I actually got into a conflict with this guy and he blocked me off of facebook because of his facebook page. He had too many different women commenting on his wall and posted pics on vacation with another woman, 50 pictures! When this is the same guy who said he could not date me know but wanted to keep in touch because his childs mother would take the baby away but he still wanted to have sex with me, I said NO. But then how is he dating these other women, if his childs mother would take the baby away? And why is he lying to me?
Why are guys stupid enough to post pics of themselves on vacations with various women on facebook when they claim, to like another woman? Was I just supposed to look at the pics and ignore them?
When I asked him about the pics, he said I was fixated on him when he is the one who told me he liked me first.

Then he had another pic sitting next to one girl who had on a engagement ring, his arm was around her, so I asked him "are you engaged" ? Come to discover that the girl is engaged to someone else. But why as a guy would you put a pic on facebook with your arm around another girl who has an engagement ring on, then post pics drinking with the girl and kissing her cheek, when the girl is engaged to another guy?

It makes you look like your with these women IMO. And this is not good for any woman you are dating to see.

oxford comma

Don Juan
Reaction score
mocha2010 said:
All true, I actually got into a conflict with this guy and he blocked me off of facebook because of his facebook page. He had too many different women commenting on his wall and posted pics on vacation with another woman, 50 pictures! When this is the same guy who said he could not date me know but wanted to keep in touch because his childs mother would take the baby away but he still wanted to have sex with me, I said NO. But then how is he dating these other women, if his childs mother would take the baby away? And why is he lying to me?
Why are guys stupid enough to post pics of themselves on vacations with various women on facebook when they claim, to like another woman? Was I just supposed to look at the pics and ignore them?
When I asked him about the pics, he said I was fixated on him when he is the one who told me he liked me first.

Then he had another pic sitting next to one girl who had on a engagement ring, his arm was around her, so I asked him "are you engaged" ? Come to discover that the girl is engaged to someone else. But why as a guy would you put a pic on facebook with your arm around another girl who has an engagement ring on, then post pics drinking with the girl and kissing her cheek, when the girl is engaged to another guy?

It makes you look like your with these women IMO. And this is not good for any woman you are dating to see.

dude probably got tagged in those pics, i doubt he posted them himself. facebook is cool but definitely has a lot of cons. basically, love/romance and facebook dont mix. use it just for networking, family and friends. change your settings so people cant just post any picture of you they like and you are all set. dont even bother adding girls on there. i used to be terrible about it and try to game girls over fb, it just doesn't work and makes u look like a creep. i still love facebook though, just not in relation to getting laid.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Facebook Is Making Us Miserable

FB is creating a den of comparison. Since our Facebook profiles are self-curated, users have a strong bias toward sharing positive milestones and avoid mentioning the more humdrum, negative parts of their lives. Accomplishments like, "Hey, I just got promoted!" or "Take a look at my new sports car," trump sharing the intricacies of our daily commute or a life-shattering divorce. This creates an online culture of competition and comparison. One interviewee even remarked, "I'm pretty competitive by nature, so when my close friends post good news, I always try and one-up them."

Comparing ourselves to others is a key driver of unhappiness. Tom DeLong, author of Flying Without a Net, even describes a "Comparing Trap." He writes, "No matter how successful we are and how many goals we achieve, this trap causes us to recalibrate our accomplishments and reset the bar for how we define success."And as we judge the entirety of our own lives against the top 1% of our friends' lives, we're setting impossible standards for ourselves, making us more miserable than ever.
Full article here:
http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2011/12/facebook_is_making_us_miserabl.html

We have to be wary of that!

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
I got rid of it because it's a waste of time. Sure I can reconnect with old friends but.. who cares? There's a reason they're old friends and not current friends.
Just did the same thing. Realized that I was living in the past, and FB wasn't helping. I moved far, far away to eliminate the BS and start fresh, but was still replaying past memories constantly, and talking to people on FB like I was still there. Everything over here is so different, but I'm still dwelling on over there. My body is here but my mind is there.

Part of me thinks its all I know and feel familar / comfortable with. So, I keep going back to it, and replay past memories to keep it alive. Literally everything I think about is from over there. I go out expecting to see those same people; the attitudes, personalities, and etc. I'm always expecting people to be rude, but they're always nice. I'm expecting to run into ******* bully jerkface, but he's not here. Kind of creepy sometimes - when you are in one place, and your mind is in another. Need to knock that **** off. Deleting FB should help.

I think that also, we latch onto what is familar. It feels safe, in a normal to us sense. It's all you know. This is not always a good thing, when familar is negative in nature. Change is hard, I tell ya.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
You sure about that?? Try logging back in in two months. Watch, it will rise from the dead.

2 months. Tell me I'm wrong.
The poster you were quoting was indeed correct: you can delete your profile, but you need to go through Google, since Facebook does not make the profile deletion page as readily available as the deactivation page.

Once you have applied, there is a 14 day period that will cancel the deletion as soon as you log back on. It's pretty genius because most people can't wait that long and their habits force them to log back on like little sheep.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
The poster you were quoting was indeed correct: you can delete your profile, but you need to go through Google, since Facebook does not make the profile deletion page as readily available as the deactivation page.

Once you have applied, there is a 14 day period that will cancel the deletion as soon as you log back on. It's pretty genius because most people can't wait that long and their habits force them to log back on like little sheep.
I found it under help / manage account. There's a section under the Q/A for permanently deleting the account. It says, under the wall of text explaining what the result is... "if you wish to delete, fill out this form". It's basically hidden in the FAQ. Easy to find from there.

MikeOck

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fakebook is just a bunch of people lying about how happy they are and how great their lives are. I do have an account, but I keep it deactivated 99.9% of the time. I will say though, it has gotten me laid a few times when women I had known years ago tracked me down and asked me to meet up.

SoSuaveDude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not use social networking as it can be an advantage and only potentially increase your prospects. For those who complain about facebook selling their information and the Big Brother conspiracy, honestly, the CIA doesn't need help social networking sites to gain information on you. They likely have a extensive database on almost every citizen regardless of social network activity