Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Current crypto trends

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Was just coming to check in, I might go in, bitcoin is up 44% from last month, should of went in earlier ****

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also more crazy pumps for BTC and likely ETH later on in this run. I don't expect the crazy BTC pumps to correlate to alts pumping this time around.

Typically, BTC pumps from retail flow from exchanges into some of these alt coins but as this time around, much of the pumps will come from institutional ETF's, those fund purchases of BTC will not translate to alt coin trading. Would be very particular this time around about alt coins and not just blindly pick.
Agree with this sentiment, completely different buyer and dynamic. From a risk perspective can be hard to justify going heavy alts, especially the absolute dog sht when you know major funds are building out a percentage allocation to btc. Of course could be completely wrong but certainly worth consideration that this cycle might look differently than previous cycles.

CountSuavula

Banned
Reaction score
I have been following bitcoin since the earliest beginning prices. It has been a wild and dramatic cycle of market emotions to follow, and the uncertainty always seems to linger…

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wherever there is money, there will be con artists. If you meet a girl online who encourages you to be a crypto trader, she's probably not a girl, and you're not actually trading.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wherever there is money, there will be con artists. If you meet a girl online who encourages you to be a crypto trader, she's probably not a girl, and you're not actually trading.

Want to buy my course?

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with this sentiment, completely different buyer and dynamic. From a risk perspective can be hard to justify going heavy alts, especially the absolute dog sht when you know major funds are building out a percentage allocation to btc. Of course could be completely wrong but certainly worth consideration that this cycle might look differently than previous cycles.

Alts will definitely pump, but just want to make it clear market dynamics are shifting from previous cycles before ETF's. People need to manage most of their own crypto from coinbase->Uniswap/Sushi/Pancake/Binance/Kucoin ->coinbase etc. This will still exist on a similar scale, but the ETF BTC will not be doing this and this scale will be large. It will just sit in BTC and likewise for ETH ETF's. People may be wondering this cycle why is BTC pumping as much as some of the alts?!

If you are selectively picking with educated decision making, likely have a good chance still of riding the wave but if you're just randomly buying lowcap stuff, may not get the same results as previous runs. With each cycle, the number of alt coins grows significantly and with the flow of funds changing this time around, we're likely starting to head into a more robust market dynamic (starting, not there yet).

Expect wild wild west still but not as wild as before. Still much fun and gains to be had. If you want be safe and still make good gains, stick with BTC/ETH/LTC, some of the more established and you'll be happy with 10x gains from the bottom.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
DogeCoin has effectively doubled in the last few days or so. I've converted half my Doge to Bitcoin and the other half to Bitcoin Cash. I kept a small amount in Doge to see if it goes anywhere (less than 20 bucks). All in on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. I also have small amounts in other crypto currencies too.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DogeCoin has effectively doubled in the last few days or so. I've converted half my Doge to Bitcoin and the other half to Bitcoin Cash. I kept a small amount in Doge to see if it goes anywhere (less than 20 bucks). All in on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. I also have small amounts in other crypto currencies too.
LTC/BCH typically move in either lockstep or they eventually even out around the same market cap. Since BCH already pumped and LTC is lagging a bit, I think LTC would be better move. Just observation from past not fortune teller.

Here is Vitalik, founder/creator of ETH providing his take on why trash meme coins are pumping.

TLDR: If we had better infrastructure/utility projects, those should be pumping but the existing ones are either overly hyped or there a bunch of useless projects taking up market share. He's calling for more development in the fields he described.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
LTC/BCH typically move in either lockstep or they eventually even out around the same market cap. Since BCH already pumped and LTC is lagging a bit, I think LTC would be better move. Just observation from past not fortune teller.

Here is Vitalik, founder/creator of ETH providing his take on why trash meme coins are pumping.

TLDR: If we had better infrastructure/utility projects, those should be pumping but the existing ones are either overly hyped or there a bunch of useless projects taking up market share. He's calling for more development in the fields he described.
Lags about half, but you may be right. I've had an auto-buy on Bitcoin for a few years each month. I play with the others, but it's always best to go with best of breed; BTC, ETH, and may be BCH. LTC is interesting, but I do not know much about it.

LTC-USD Interactive Stock Chart | Litecoin USD Stock - Yahoo Finance

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@RickTheToad and @AAAgent

I'd honestly steer clear of LTC and Bcash especially, there are way better alts out there. You can definitely still make money off of these, but if you guys have this mindset of them being the safest you'd be far better off just buying BTC and I'm sure @jaygreenb. LTC hit a high a little over $400 in 2018, in 2022 it basically revisited this same price. Meanwhile, BTC did a 3x+ and maintained these gains and no revisiting them. Meanwhile, LTC is at prices we saw back in 2020 and even 2019.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I been in fetch.ai ($FET) since $0.05

It makes up 30% of my portfolio.

I will retire on it.

I think btc will only go up since the ETF and BlackRock (who own the world, along with Vanguard) started buying it up.

Just dump some cash in and forget.
Have you ever stopped and considered that you got lucky buying up some low cap alt at the low of the previous bear market that just happened to do well? Meanwhile, 90%+ of the stuff in that category did nothing or worse faded into oblivion?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alts will definitely pump, but just want to make it clear market dynamics are shifting from previous cycles before ETF's. People need to manage most of their own crypto from coinbase->Uniswap/Sushi/Pancake/Binance/Kucoin ->coinbase etc. This will still exist on a similar scale, but the ETF BTC will not be doing this and this scale will be large. It will just sit in BTC and likewise for ETH ETF's. People may be wondering this cycle why is BTC pumping as much as some of the alts?!

If you are selectively picking with educated decision making, likely have a good chance still of riding the wave but if you're just randomly buying lowcap stuff, may not get the same results as previous runs. With each cycle, the number of alt coins grows significantly and with the flow of funds changing this time around, we're likely starting to head into a more robust market dynamic (starting, not there yet).

Expect wild wild west still but not as wild as before. Still much fun and gains to be had. If you want be safe and still make good gains, stick with BTC/ETH/LTC, some of the more established and you'll be happy with 10x gains from the bottom.
I was going to add to what I mentioned on my previous post.

During the last bear/accumulation market of 2019-2020 and early 2021 I actually loaded up on Bcash and Litecoin, in addition to BTC and ETH. My average on LTC was around $40 and on Bcash around $200, I exited in 2021 while keeping BTC and ETH. I did quite well with those projects but minus the investments from the latter part of 2020 and early 2021 I would have done just as well or even better had I just stuck with BTC and ETH.

Both BTC and ETH have very large market caps now and the days of massive swings in one cycle period of now over. Alts are still a phenomenal opportunity to swing for easy profits, it's just buying in at the right time and not buying complete junk. Find alts that are still relevant in the space that are significantly off from their highs of the bear market and you can easily swing them for profit. With that said, most alts don't even revisit their previous all time highs, let alone make new ones.

I've discussed this idea with @jaygreenb , but I am of the belief that the ONLY thing that you should hold long term/permanently is BTC. It's quite obvious that BTC is becoming a more mainstream part of tradfi now, it will eventually get to the point where 401ks and other managed investment accounts will allocate a percentage of funds into this asset. I also wouldn't be surprised to start seeing traditional banks getting involved in the not-too-distant future, though I'm not sure exactly what this would look like. I am of the belief that we are still fairly early with this asset class and with each halving cycle we will see it becoming increasingly more mainstream and interconnected with tradfi.

I personally believe that this ETF stuff with BTC is going to be something similar to that of what we saw with gold. Basically, the average customer can't just go and buy gold but instead they buy the ETF for it. The idea is that instead of buying BTC on an exchange, coinbase for instance, and putting it into self custody, they have to buy the BTC ETF instead through a company like Fidelity, Blackrock or any other institutional tradfi player.

There are roughly 1 million addresses that hold 1 BTC or more, it's hard to exactly quantify how many people actually own 1+ BTC but let us just take that at face value. The overwhelming majority of people in the developed world with access to the internet have less than .01 BTC or literally NONE at all. There are roughly 19 million BTC that have ever been mined, with around 2 million that will be mined over the next 100+ years. Out of this number, there is an estimated 4-6 million that have been permanently lost, so let's say there are 14 million left. However, there will be BTC that continues to get lost over time. Factor in sheer institutional demand + the coming halving and future halvings and the fact that over 70% of BTC is being held long term by investors who believe in this asset and you have a scarce asset that has become incredibly rare.

I am of the belief that if you were NOT able to buy 1 BTC, or the equivalent of it, from anywhere up until this past fall, when BTC was at 30k, you are not going to get rich in this cycle without getting lucky. Some of the posters on here talking about making massive gains on some small or even micro cap are going to be needing to buy very early with a good amount of money AND having that particular coin do well. Way too many people were chasing Solana for instance, despite the fact that the network went down not that long ago. I can't imagine throwing in 5 figures into something not even in the top 20, let alone top 50 or 100 lol, with the expectation that it would pop off lol. IF I was going to do this though, I would definitely scatter shot and throw it into a variety of coins.

With all of this out of the way, I think a lot of people are potentially missing one of the easiest boats for long and sustained profit/wealth building by overcomplicating things and chasing alts, and I know @jaygreenb agrees with me.

Last edited:

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I see stuff like this, I can't help but feel that there will be massive retail FOMO very soon.

Tether co-founder on why Bitcoin could reach $300k at the peak of the next bull market (youtube.com)

Bitcoin rally will extend to 'summer and beyond': Strategist (youtube.com)

I also noticed that doge and shiba have been pumping super hard over the last couple days. Hard to predict what will happen exactly, but it's possible we either have a very early bull market cycle peak or perhaps we are in an environment that will last well into the end of the year and possibly into next year. With this out of the way, I'm sitting on the sidelines and just going to see how everything else plays out over the coming months. I think it would be foolish to sell right now but I'm also not interested in loading up when I had done so heavily through the 2nd half of 2022 and most of 2023.

With the halving coming up in a little over 1 month + the sheer demand for BTC right now, I just don't see any serious corrections in the near future without some sort of major macro economic stuff going on. A dip of 10-20% is not what I'm talking about, I'm referring to BTC dropping below 50k or even going back down to 40k type stuff.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I see stuff like this, I can't help but feel that there will be massive retail FOMO very soon.

Tether co-founder on why Bitcoin could reach $300k at the peak of the next bull market (youtube.com)

Bitcoin rally will extend to 'summer and beyond': Strategist (youtube.com)

I also noticed that doge and shiba have been pumping super hard over the last couple days. Hard to predict what will happen exactly, but it's possible we either have a very early bull market cycle peak or perhaps we are in an environment that will last well into the end of the year and possibly into next year. With this out of the way, I'm sitting on the sidelines and just going to see how everything else plays out over the coming months. I think it would be foolish to sell right now but I'm also not interested in loading up when I had done so heavily through the 2nd half of 2022 and most of 2023.

With the halving coming up in a little over 1 month + the sheer demand for BTC right now, I just don't see any serious corrections in the near future without some sort of major macro economic stuff going on. A dip of 10-20% is not what I'm talking about, I'm referring to BTC dropping below 50k or even going back down to 40k type stuff.
The way the market is pumping it wouldn't shock me if we have a massive dip in the next two weeks or the end of the month
Before we do I see BTC going up to 70K-75K range than a 40-50% correction this is based on my TA, I eat crayons so it's not finacial advice my favorite crayon is the green color

Regardless it's lovely thing to see the market pump and sooo much bullishness, just took some profits been in Shib since 2021. I'm not complaining

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The way the market is pumping it wouldn't shock me if we have a massive dip in the next two weeks or the end of the month
Before we do I see BTC going up to 70K-75K range than a 40-50% correction this is based on my TA, I eat crayons so it's not finacial advice my favorite crayon is the green color

Regardless it's lovely thing to see the market pump and sooo much bullishness, just took some profits been in Shib since 2021. I'm not complaining
I don't know, man, there's just so much demand right now with the ETFs and with the halving coming up and retail still fairly absent I don't see that in the cards. I would not be surprised to see this run crazy hot and get way too over priced to where we see a large correction though. This move we've seen has honestly taken months to play out and actually been fairly healthy/expected. Let us see where we are at by the halving.

With all of this out of the way, the meme coins pumping and the FOMO news stuff is making me a bit unsure as well though. Either way, I'm not really worried about it.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd love to see a holy hail mary of BTC going all the way to 100K right at Trump's election this year.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd love to see a holy hail mary of BTC going all the way to 100K right at Trump's election this year.
It's totally possible we might see this much earlier, who knows though. I believe when, not if, BTC breaks it's previous all time high of 69k, which it is incredibly close to right now btw, we will see some very explosive price discovery. The same thing happened back in late 2020/early 2021. By the holidays BTC had breached it's previous all time high of 20k and within a few months of that was trading at 50k+.

BTC has been getting a lot of media attention lately, but when it starts getting new highs it will be all over the news. In fact, as I'm writing this it's either right at the high of 2021 or within 1% of it.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's totally possible we might see this much earlier, who knows though. I believe when, not if, BTC breaks it's previous all time high of 69k, which it is incredibly close to right now btw, we will see some very explosive price discovery. The same thing happened back in late 2020/early 2021. By the holidays BTC had breached it's previous all time high of 20k and within a few months of that was trading at 50k+.

BTC has been getting a lot of media attention lately, but when it starts getting new highs it will be all over the news. In fact, as I'm writing this it's either right at the high of 2021 or within 1% of it.
I wonder why I keep seeing crypto.com at NBA and UFC games. What is that telling us? I'd think the elites would be hating crypto.