Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cure for oneitis

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
I bet yall will say go have sex with many girls as you can. This ain't an option for me because I live in a bad place to game girls in. Summer break haha.

Don't think about her. It's harder than it looks because I share too many memories with her, she made me gifts, and facebook.

Workout and do stuff with your friends. I do, but she's still constantly on my mind and I seemed to get more depressed about her when I'm with friends.

I didn't get rejected by this girl, and she still kind of likes me, but it's obvious I like her more than she likes me and this is bad.

I'm sick of this oneitis, it's driving me insane.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I had oneitis for a whole year until (in my third month dating her) the stripper cured me.

I had a whole other 4 month relationship in the meantime but that didn't do it.

The only cure for a woman is a (better) woman, and that also means time with that woman. The new woman must fulfill you in a way that your oneitis did not, and then one day you find yourself thinking about her instead. Enjoy the moment, and then realize you have a whole new problem on your hands.

lexluciano

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
I had oneitis for a whole year until (in my third month dating her) the stripper cured me.

I had a whole other 4 month relationship in the meantime but that didn't do it.

The only cure for a woman is a (better) woman, and that also means time with that woman. The new woman must fulfill you in a way that your oneitis did not, and then one day you find yourself thinking about her instead. Enjoy the moment, and then realize you have a whole new problem on your hands.
I cosign this to the fullest!

And once you happen to find someone better than the previous onetitis, you start to think, damn...you mean to say i fell in love with her because of this and that?? But now theres this new girl who damn there is better than her to where if that previous girl you had a crush on shows up....NO FEELINGs. Which is cray when you think about it.

zorg198

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had oneitis for this girl at work , to tell the truth i got sick and tired of it because i saw how she reacts to it and how i behave and i got angry about myself. so i just stopped. i still have some feelings to her but they will fade away , it will take time.

MrNiceGuy23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why you trying to get over her if you say she still likes you? Just because you claim to like her more doesn't mean anything. When you're just about ready to give it all up, hope whispers "one more try." I said in your other thread I'm not sure what your relationship is like but in my own personal experiences (including the one I'm trying to win over now) until you know what you want to know from being with girl (dating, having sex, whatever) and as long as there's still interest in you from her end, then it's not impossible.

If there is something I really want, and I know I have some sort of shot, I persevere until I win. I think it's easy to get over oneitis when you know its all over (you have no lingering thoughts of what you could try because she's told you its done) but when it ended without much reason and there's still feelings between you two, it's going to be tough getting over her until you find someone much better to clear your mind.

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
I think that's my problem. I have a bunch of lingering thoughts and I'm still confident I can get somewhere with her. Most of it is just me over analyzing like usual. The only thing bad is that her interest has been lowered since we met. The worst part about oneitis is thinking she's sleeping with other guys every night. I hate this feeling.

zorg198

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JPlaya said:
I think that's my problem. I have a bunch of lingering thoughts and I'm still confident I can get somewhere with her. Most of it is just me over analyzing like usual. The only thing bad is that her interest has been lowered since we met. The worst part about oneitis is thinking she's sleeping with other guys every night. I hate this feeling.

Friend,

Believe me i know its hard, i am in the same situation.

The only thing i can say for you is: you can't stop thinking about her that's for sure but keep yourself busy all the time , do stuff you need , try to improve yourself with new stuff , hobbies whatever.... when you see her just be cool and keep low gear, if she is interested she will notice you backing down a bit .

JPlaya

Banned
Reaction score
I'm trying man. I'm currently looking for a job and I do weights. I could have lost my vcard to this girl, but I wimped out. She also still flirts with me and whenever I text her I get good responses. I miss her so much lol. I know I sound afc, but I can't help it. How do you know when it's over with a girl?

zorg198

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You must try to go out with another girls or at least try ! you are fixing your mind only on her and its preventing you do go out and meet new girls. i know its hard but try to do it , go out with your friends to bars , clubs you name it. you will be surprised how quickly new girl will ease your mind. about her- play it cool , stop all the text you do to her , keep it low - be nice to her but talk to her only when she talks to you .

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many of us have been here before.

There really is no quick fix. I still struggle with residual traces of a oneitis from a girl I fvcked and had a short relationship with 6 months ago. In terms of looks, confidence, and sexual prowess this girl was above and beyond any other I've ever been with and so she fvcked me up emotionally, during the interaction and after she left.

The only cure is time. It may take a long time. But rest assured with the knowledge that you WILL stop thinking about her someday. It happens everytime. Then you will find some other girl that is just as good, or better.

Oneitis comes from a lack of self worth and independence, more than anything else. Even if you dont have another girl available right away, a smart DJ knows that such a girl is never far away. Besides, why should you need another person for happiness or emotional fulfillment? The only person you can ever count on for that is yourself.

zorg198

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Serg897 said:
Many of us have been here before.

There really is no quick fix. I still struggle with residual traces of a oneitis from a girl I fvcked and had a short relationship with 6 months ago. In terms of looks, confidence, and sexual prowess this girl was above and beyond any other I've ever been with and so she fvcked me up emotionally, during the interaction and after she left.

The only cure is time. It may take a long time. But rest assured with the knowledge that you WILL stop thinking about her someday. It happens everytime. Then you will find some other girl that is just as good, or better.

Oneitis comes from a lack of self worth and independence, more than anything else. Even if you dont have another girl available right away, a smart DJ knows that such a girl is never far away. Besides, why should you need another person for happiness or emotional fulfillment? The only person you can ever count on for that is yourself.

True :rockon:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Serg897 said:
It's not lack of self-worth but simply a fact of life that we maximize our potential for heartbreak when we date the hottest women we can find. Women choose us, and we want to be chosen by women hot enough to hurt us.

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me and JPlaya both in the same situation. But my oneitis was with my first girlfriend EVER. We dated for a month and a half and she broke up with me, and i never got over her. Its been a year and a half now im and still not over her.

MrNiceGuy23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JPlaya said:
What is her situation? Is she seeing somebody or dating anybody? If she isn't or even if she is, it's not out of the question to win her over. I don't want to set you up for failure but if your gut feeling tells you she still likes you and your gut feeling tells you that a possibility exists to have something with her then you should go for it, one final round.

Ask her to hang out one night (nothing like a date, that means no dinners or anything like that). Try something low key like going to a movie to start. If it's not too late and things are going good between you two then you need to spring something. In my own experiences women LOVE going to nice places at night (sneak into the park, an open field, the beach is kind of cliche but it works). Just play it off like it will be something fun and adventurous to do.

Once you're there, just go for a walk, talk like friends, if the chemistry is there she'll be open and more intimate with you. This is when you go for broke, if she already knows how you feel then ask her one last time something like "What's going on with us?" From there talk about your feelings for her and ask what she feels about you. If all goes well, seal the deal go for the kiss. If she doesn't feel similar, accept it, drive her home, and now you have closure.

JPlaya said:
I'm trying man. I'm currently looking for a job and I do weights. I could have lost my vcard to this girl, but I wimped out. She also still flirts with me and whenever I text her I get good responses. I miss her so much lol. I know I sound afc, but I can't help it. How do you know when it's over with a girl?
You only know it's over when she says it's over to your face and you believe it to be honest, some girls lie because they're afraid. The girl I'm after told me 3 weeks ago it was over only to tell me a few days ago she still wants to be with me. You need to just straight up ask her like I said before^^

If you feel like she's hiding something you just need to be firm with her about it. Tell her that you need the honest and complete truth because you've had just about all you can take and once she ends it with you then you're done and you're removing her from your life until you've gotten over her. If she has romantic feelings for you this will upset her and she'll confess to whatever she's hiding.

MrNiceGuy23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
youngmack said:
Me and JPlaya both in the same situation. But my oneitis was with my first girlfriend EVER. We dated for a month and a half and she broke up with me, and i never got over her. Its been a year and a half now im and still not over her.
A month and a half? Come on now.

youngmack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrNiceGuy23 said:
A month and a half? Come on now.

I know yo,i was pathetic... i was an AFC to the FULLEST!!, i didnt know ANYTHING about game or the way females think.Thats was bought me here ....

MrNiceGuy23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What's AFC mean?

We've all been there at some point, at least you acknowledged it and now you can learn and grow.