Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Criminal Investigation of BP Staged Oil Spill"

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright men! Follow me!

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MikeYikes122 said:
So many conspiracies, so little time. :nervous:
It is what it is.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
RED ALERT!! Methane Gas explosion with ensuing tsunami IMMINENT in GULF!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpoHp7H-XE8)
There's no methane gas bubble down there. Methane, at that depth under the sea, is not in a gas form. It is what is called methane hydrates, it's in a frozen liquid form.

It's possible there could be a huge amount of methane hydrates, but it's not explosive in the form of hydrates. As the hydrates 'unfreeze', they release gas methane to the surface.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
There's no methane gas bubble down there. Methane, at that depth under the sea, is not in a gas form. It is what is called methane hydrates, it's in a frozen liquid form.

It's possible there could be a huge amount of methane hydrates, but it's not explosive in the form of hydrates. As the hydrates 'unfreeze', they release gas methane to the surface.
lol conspiracy theorist got owned

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:

interestingly a release of all this frozen methane (in an instant in geographical timescales) was part of the "Permian–Triassic extinction event" (251.4 million years ago) the methane rasied the temparature of the earth by 5 degrees C, which completely fu.cks all the eco-sytems up!

this infact happened after the Sibrerian Traps (a volcano that was basically covering half of whats now russia => f#cking huge!) had been releasing volcanic gasses - and had released soo much that the earths temperature had already been risen 5 degrees

so a total rise of 10 degrees = chaos !

" 96 percent of all marine species and 70 percent of terrestrial vertebrate species became extinct"

NICE!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permian–Triassic_extinction_event

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly kingsam, but what's happening now is the same thing, but on a slower level.

Let's look at the facts..

1) Fact. Our sea water tempuratures are rising. Even 1/2 a degree matters...this is fact, not disputable.

2) Our glaciers are melting away, at an alarming rate. Again, not disputable. It's a fact. Pure and simple.

3) Methane hydrates are releasing into our atmosphere. 3rd time..fact, got it? It's not a 'theory' anymore.

As more methane releases...the problem gets worse.

We CAN NOT stop it. It's the earth, healing itself, if you will. If we stopped burning carbons completely....the methane would still release. We are in what's called the 'feedback loop'.

Mankind, always thinks we have control over everything, but guess what? This we do not anymore.

It is happening now. The media is not going to tell you this. They want you buying Ipads and watching American Idol.

You can't igore facts anymore. It's right in our faces. We can either choose to put our heads in the sand...or face reality.

Reality, it could take 100 years or so, who knows. But methane hydrates, man, the permafrost 'unfreezing'...this is why I get a kick out of people who say global warming is not happening. Is the sea water temps rising? Uh, yes. Do you think that means the planet is getting warmer?

I'd like to hear one anti-global warming person explain why the glaciers are melting away. Right, silence.

Anyway, end rant. It's out of our control anymore, anyway. Enjoy the ride. :D

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I e-mailed the governor of Florida today. Three mile out is still state waters, we don't need the feds to prevent volunteers from containing the oil before it enters the estuaries.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plinco said:
I e-mailed the governor of Florida today. Three mile out is still state waters, we don't need the feds to prevent volunteers from containing the oil before it enters the estuaries.
Plinco, watch the coasties though. (US Coast Guard). A friend of mine, who returned from florida is saying the coasties are turning away cleanup vessels, for BS reasons. Such as expired fire extinguishers, expired PFD's, and such. Who cares about that in such a needed situation?

Apparantly the Coast Guard does.

The Coast Guard is making the cleanup response, much more difficult, than it should be.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Reality, it could take 100 years or so, who knows.

That's the funny part. I agree that mankind is probably fvcking the planet, but geological time moves so slowly that we will all very likely be dead before the climate change sh!t really hits the fan. It's a sick derivative of the tree falling in the forest that no one hears. If you're dead before it happens, did it really happen?

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
That's the funny part. I agree that mankind is probably fvcking the planet, but geological time moves so slowly that we will all very likely be dead before the climate change sh!t really hits the fan. It's a sick derivative of the tree falling in the forest that no one hears. If you're dead before it happens, did it really happen?
See, Bible_Belt..it doesn't matter anymore, is my point. It doesn't matter how much we've fvcked the planet.

The planet, is going to do it's thing and 'heal' itself. We're, the ones, who's fvcked...so to speak.

Listen closely..and you will hear that tree falling in the forest. We can not stop methane anymore. It's really not our fault, so to speak, we helped it happen...but we're not the soul cause of it.

It's cycle, it's the planet, it's nature....

It may not take 100 years, it's exponentiall. Meaning, the more methane released, the problem compounds upon itself.

We may have 10 years, I don't know. Who knows? Alll we really know is that based upon history..we are facing a mass extinction of the planet.
That we do know.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
As more methane releases...the problem gets worse.

We CAN NOT stop it. It's the earth, healing itself, if you will. If we stopped burning carbons completely....the methane would still release. We are in what's called the 'feedback loop'. Mankind, always thinks we have control over everything, but guess what? This we do not anymore.
Yes, there is the feedback loop cycle of the drying wetlands, for instance, producing more methane which causes temperatures to rise. However, in terms of control, there is one aspect which you have failed to mention. Most (source) methane emissions are from human activity, namely the herds of cattle, rice production, waste landfills, coal mining, and leaks in natural gas pipelines. According to MIT (source), there is uncertainty what is causing the current increase in methane levels, whether it is increased methane emissions or decreased hydroxyl free radical concentrations. Aside from reducing anthropogenic emissions, I suppose the feedback loop cycle could be reversed if hydroxyl free radicals were pumped into the atmosphere, but that is merely my layman speculation, as I don't know if that's even hypothetically possible, feasible, or prudent.

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Plinco said:
It is what it is.
It's always a bad sign when a guy starts talking conspiracy theories while quoting lines straight out of The Matrix...:nervous:

kingsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
I'd like to hear one anti-global warming person explain why the glaciers are melting away. Right, silence.
Interglacial period.

And media hype.

-

Yes, glaciers are melting, as they will continue to do so until the next ice age.

The one variable that has changing quantifiably in the past 30-50 years is media coverage and telecommunications. We get almost daily reports of climactic events these days, whereas 50 years ago, it would be rare to hear about an event on the far side of the world unless it was catastrophic. This increase in data points doesn't necessarily point to an increase in 'unnatural' climactic occurances, it merely indicates that we are tracking them and are aware of them at an unprecedented level.

-

I will concede that humans do contribute CO2 to the atmosphere, and yes technically CO2 does cause a temperature increase. Technically we ARE causing some degree of global warming. This is fact, as you say.

My contention is that the UN and IPCC models that predict 2 meter sea level rise, 5-7 degrees of temperature increase, and "apocalyptic conditions" by the end of the century, are hogwash.

We may cause 0.5 to 1 degree C temperature increase, maybe a couple centimeters of sea level rise(ice sheet melt =/= sea level rise. Only contributor is land based ice, and there is very little of that compared to total oceanic volume), and there might be 1 or two more storms per el nino, but ... Is that really worth shutting down the first world and decimating our standard of living? I'm asking you.

Industry becomes more efficient by itself, and as a result, more environmentally friendly. There is already a booming market for alternative energy sources, as well as significant spending in R&D for these things.

To me, it makes more sense to focus on real issues that are already here, such as: deforestation and illegal logging, overfishing of oceans, oceanic garbage patches, poaching, killing endangered species, etc. Why waste energy and resources on a debatable problem that elicits an emotional response more than a rational one, when there are so many more pressing concerns?

If there's some do-gooders out there who think they're stopping climate change by biking to work and having cold showers, then sure let them do it. My issue is when my tax dollar is being raised and the price of every good is being raised and our jobs are going to third world slave nations because some profiteers decided to create a scam market based on frivolity and incomplete science.

In other words: Keep it to the private market where citizens can do as they wish, and away from the public treasury where citizens are forced to do as they're told.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
+1 Quicksilver. The media and "science" promoting man-made reasons for global warming get so nutty. Cattle are even blamed. So I guess you can't have food. Not all scientist believe that climate change is predominately caused by man and not nature. There was a break in to some computers and it was found out that a lot of the numbers were fabricated.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mikeyb said:
It's always a bad sign when a guy starts talking conspiracy theories while quoting lines straight out of The Matrix...:nervous:
I did not realize that was from the Matrix. I don't realize where the conspiracy is either, at least not in any of my posts.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Plinco, watch the coasties though. (US Coast Guard). A friend of mine, who returned from florida is saying the coasties are turning away cleanup vessels, for BS reasons. Such as expired fire extinguishers, expired PFD's, and such. Who cares about that in such a needed situation?

Apparantly the Coast Guard does.

The Coast Guard is making the cleanup response, much more difficult, than it should be.

That's the point of this thread. Action trumps talk, and I don't like the fact that the people are not allowed to act.