Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Convertibles literally ARE chick magnets!

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
next car= bmw m coupe

I love small cars that have power, can handle, and look a little odd.

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SELF-MASTERY said:
next car= bmw m coupe

If you're talking about the Z4 based M-Coupe, then :up: The older one, while stellar to drive, looked just a little too odd over all. But the Z4 based on is not only going to be a great drive, but looks pretty hot too. As long as it's available SMGless, everything is fine.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SELF-MASTERY said:
next car= bmw m coupe

Those are getting GREAT reviews letely.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
S1NN3R said:
We all have things that we like. You like "18 chromies" and "hood scoops". I like cars that are actually fast instead of poser-racer V6 Mustangs. To each his own.
"Cars that are actually fast" haha! nobody said you coldn't put chromes rims on the new GT500's or Cobras. But you are right tho...I do drive a V6 only cuz I'm a kid you know what I mean? I couldn't afford to buy the v8 and put a supercharger and all that stuff. I mean, I may be smoked by the occasional RX-7 that isn't in the shop cause its so damn old, but damn I look good driving around town! haha! anyways peace, don't mean nothing by it, I just like arguing bout cars. :)

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
S1NN3R said:
We all have things that we like. You like "18 chromies" and "hood scoops". I like cars that are actually fast instead of poser-racer V6 Mustangs. To each his own.
also, you're 26 man! if you have a decent job...you could go with the Shelby GT500! What do you think about those man? 500 hp straight outta the factory, whooo!:D

Mazeman11

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are fooling yourselves if you think girls give a rat's arse what kind of ride you have.

While I was a student I picked up women in an old Chevy Lumina. I constantly heard them compliment it saying that it was the cleanest car they have ever sat in.

Buy a car you like for yourself. There are better ways to land hotties.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mazeman11 said:
You guys are fooling yourselves if you think girls give a rat's arse what kind of ride you have.
Actually, they do. *shrug* I don't mean to say that they're a requirement, but facts are facts: chicks love hot cars. Hell, even guys do! Err.. that came out kinda wrong :nervous:

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
also, you're 26 man! if you have a decent job...you could go with the Shelby GT500! What do you think about those man? 500 hp straight outta the factory, whooo!:D
Why would I want to? My RX-7 would run away and hide from that thing for half the money. They seriously fcuked up with the new GT500. Car and Driver says it does 0-60 in 4.5, my OLD 2001 M5 did 0-60 in 4.7, what the fcuk is up with that? Where is all that horsepower going? Because it's sure as fcuk not going to moving the car forward. You telling me that 100 extra horsepower is only good for .2 seconds off the 0-60 time? And my M5 did that all with four doors and a realistic back seat for adults. Oh, I know where the power is going. It's a straight axle car with tires hardly bigger than the regular GT. All the power is getting pissed away in the traction control system, because the didn't do anything to help get the extra power down and moving the car. And the GT500 weighs 3900 lbs, and that's a fat pig of a sports car anyway you look at it. By comparison, a stock 3rd gen RX-7 weighs 2800#, even the enormous MKIV Supra only weighs 3500#.

And before you go thinking I'm some American car or Ford hater, my daily driver is a 2002 Ford Lighting, and I have a 1966 Mustang back in Texas (in storage) with a punched out 351 Windsor.

Nethel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you can chalk the poor performance up to poor low end torque. Doesn't matter how much power you have, gotta get those wheels turning.

Back on topic, I definately turn more heads driving an Audi TT than I do my daily, a Focus. Whether it makes a diference to the women or not (it does), it sure helps my confidence.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to set this straight her, HAVING A NICE CAR/CONVERTIBLE DRAWS WOMEN IN,plain and simple.
I droven a Durango,modified Jetta(always received compliments from guys),a Scion,Mustang and my car of choice, my Boxster. The car(Boxster) is a darn chick magnet. I have had a car of women my age(18) pull up to me and the passenger made a motion with her hand as if she was moving a object in and out of her mouth. Another day I was cruising home from late night of work,at midnight, and this HB 9 pulls up next to me and says "Hey nice car". Now I dont know what kind of women compliment guys on their cars at midnight but I know the Durango wouldnt have gotten me that.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
I'm going to set this straight her, HAVING A NICE CAR/CONVERTIBLE DRAWS WOMEN IN,plain and simple.
I droven a Durango,modified Jetta(always received compliments from guys),a Scion,Mustang and my car of choice, my Boxster. The car(Boxster) is a darn chick magnet. I have had a car of women my age(18) pull up to me and the passenger made a motion with her hand as if she was moving a object in and out of her mouth. Another day I was cruising home from late night of work,at midnight, and this HB 9 pulls up next to me and says "Hey nice car". Now I dont know what kind of women compliment guys on their cars at midnight but I know the Durango wouldnt have gotten me that.
True dat! haha!:up:

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
S1NN3R said:
Why would I want to? My RX-7 would run away and hide from that thing for half the money. They seriously fcuked up with the new GT500. Car and Driver says it does 0-60 in 4.5, my OLD 2001 M5 did 0-60 in 4.7, what the fcuk is up with that? Where is all that horsepower going? Because it's sure as fcuk not going to moving the car forward. You telling me that 100 extra horsepower is only good for .2 seconds off the 0-60 time? And my M5 did that all with four doors and a realistic back seat for adults. Oh, I know where the power is going. It's a straight axle car with tires hardly bigger than the regular GT. All the power is getting pissed away in the traction control system, because the didn't do anything to help get the extra power down and moving the car. And the GT500 weighs 3900 lbs, and that's a fat pig of a sports car anyway you look at it. By comparison, a stock 3rd gen RX-7 weighs 2800#, even the enormous MKIV Supra only weighs 3500#.

And before you go thinking I'm some American car or Ford hater, my daily driver is a 2002 Ford Lighting, and I have a 1966 Mustang back in Texas (in storage) with a punched out 351 Windsor.
holy s.hit! you're a f.uckin' encyclopedia man! and I don't mean that in a negative way. Clearly I'm out of my league here. Okay...well I'll be honest. I honestly don't like imports (and by imports i mean anything from outside the country...not just japanese made) not that they don't look good or aren't fast; I just think buying American is important, plus...well I don't really know how to explain it but I'm just into American made ok? Sooo, if you're telling me the GT500 sucks as far as bang for your buck goes, and I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt based purely on the amount of information you put up there, tell me what I should go with as far as cars go.
p.s. are you runnin nos? how big are you on the street racing scene?

Nethel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just think buying American is important
Argh! Why would you insist on buying a vehicle that is less reliable and more expensive?

tell me what I should go with as far as cars go.
I know I'm not the one this is addressed to, but if anyone can recommend any car based on that, I'll eat my chair. Although, being American only, I guess you do limit yourself rather severely.

(I am glad, however, that I'm not the only one that knows how to use a semicolon here!)

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:crackup:
Nethel said:
Argh! Why would you insist on buying a vehicle that is less reliable and more expensive?

I know I'm not the one this is addressed to, but if anyone can recommend any car based on that, I'll eat my chair. Although, being American only, I guess you do limit yourself rather severely.

(I am glad, however, that I'm not the only one that knows how to use a semicolon here!)
1. I do think they look better
2. I don't see how they're more expensive...cheaper than Japanese no. But Porsche, Ferarri, BMW, you see where I'm going with that.
3. Can't really describe it. With a Mustang, there's sort of a...whats the word I'm looking for? A brotherhood or family. Its like motorcycles. You know how those guys always wave to each other as they pass, based solely on the fact that the other guy is riding a motorcycle? Its like that, only better. Maybe you think I'm full of s.hit. Guess what? I don't care!
4. Much like the last reason, there is an attitude that comes with owning a 'Stang. Call it arrogance. But once again, I don't care.

Anyways, I'm not gonna take this dudes word for it and buy whatever car he recommends. I just wanna know what his take on other American cars are. Apparently the guy knows a little more than me. I mean, my idea of arguing is comparing hp. Not some s.hit about how much a car weighs or some damn thing.:yawn: Thanks for noticing the semi-colon. I try to sound smart.:)

Anyways guys...so what the f.uck is this forum for anyway? Cars or females? :crackup:

micon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think BMW M6 is the sexiest car in the world. It's a chick magnet. I see here in Turkey how girls turn their heads and stare when a BMW 6-series or BMW M6 passes by. Especially the black ones are awesome. They newly produced the convertible ones for M6s, they are good too.

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ValleyDJing said:
Sooo, if you're telling me the GT500 sucks as far as bang for your buck goes, and I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt based purely on the amount of information you put up there
No no no no no, I don't mean to say that. For $41k, it is a bargain for a fast NEW car, it's hard to get something faster off the lot for less money. The only thing really close is the base model C6 Vette. Even that's only a smidge faster but optioned out will cost you a cool $10k more than the GT500. The GT500 could be faster for the money, but it's still a good price for a good car. But my thing is, I've never cared much for that new car smell that drags so many people into paying what I feel is too much money for too little performance. I've only bought one car new (a 2000 Lincoln LS), and it honestly gave me one of my worst car experiences ever (I love the car, but the first year V8 engine is junk, I had to replace it twice due to thrown engine rods). For the tuner guys like me, it doesn't make any sense to pay $40k for a new GT500 when I can spend half the money on an RX-7 and make it run rings around the GT500. That, obviously, is not the path for everybody. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I am a mechanical genius, that's why my RX-7 starts every time I turn the key. Most people can't handle it.

As far as buying American, I agree, mostly. We need to support our own economy. But remember, cars may be made in Japan or Germany, but Americans still sell them at dealerships across the country, Americans still work on them everyday, Americans still make many replacement parts for them, Americans still build and support the multi-million dollar advertising structuring. As a matter of fact, the actual building of the car has probably the lowest profit margin of all aspects of getting a car from a concept drawing into consumer's garages. The amount of money taken out of this country by buying a foreign car is much much less than most people think. Hell for that matter, lots of Toyotas, Hondas and BMWs are build in the US, and lots of GM cars are built in Mexico. That kind throws you a curveball when describing domestic and import. Camaros were made in Mexico, so they're technically imported, but Eclipses/Talons were made on US soil, so aren't they domestics? The new 300C, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Magnum are all built on a platform derived from the old E-Class Mercedes. And some of not all of them are built out of the country. And did you know that at least two BMW models are built in South Carolina only, nowhere else in the world? Jaguars, Aston Martins and Land Rovers are all imported cars, but since Ford owns all of those companies, is it still a bad thing or are we still keeping money in our own economy since Ford gets the money? One last thing, Ford, yeah, they own Mazda too. So my RX-7 is domestic.....ish. :confused:

What should you go with as far as cars go? Well it depends entirely on what you want to do with it and how much you have to spend on it. Limiting yourself to only American cars isn't a horrible thing, there are hundreds of good American cars. But there are hundreds of good imported cars as well, cars that may or may not fit your needs and wants better. I think the Ford Focus is a good cheap car for people who want reliable transportation, and they even have a few sporty versions that you can kind get your kicks in. But when you can buy a cheaper Scion tC that does nearly the same thing, but with a lot more standard and available equipment, why buy the Ford? On the flip side, if you want a straight line boulevard cruiser, Japan has very little to offer that makes more sense than a Camaro/Firebird, Mustang, or even Corvette. Sure you can build n old Supra up to 800 horsepower with stock internal engine parts and up to 1500 or more horsepower with internal mods, but then you're going to spend $100k on a car wen you could put $30k total into a classic Chevelle and have it FULL SECONDS faster down the drag strip. But, there's not a single American sedan ever made (ever) that can keep up with a BMW M5 around a roadcourse track. No, the Germans have the sport sedan market covered from top to bottom, from the M5 to the Mercedes E55 and CLS55 to the Audi S and RS series of sedans. To put it bluntly, the only American performance sedans ever made that are worth a sh!t, the 300C/Magnum/Charger cars were designed by (drum roll, please.....) Germans. Back on the American side, the new Corvette Z06 is the new and undisputed king of bargains. $66k. That's about what it takes to get into one of those. And the only thing capable of beating the new Z06 around the Nurburgring racetrack in Germany is the $400k Porsche Carrera GT. It even beat out the $170k Porsche GT2. I'm the biggest Vette-hater in the world today, and even I can't deny how that's un-frickin-believable. And if you're a die hard Mafia hit-man, you can't drive a Nissan. No damned way. You can't be seen in anything less than a full-blown Lincoln Town Car. It's just the way things are, I don't make the rules. :D

So, I guess to sum up, I don't buy the brand of the country or origin, I buy the model. I bought my Lightning because it's the fastest production truck. If Isuzu made the fastest truck, that's what I would have bought. I bought the RX-7 because I knew for the money I had to invest at the time, there was nothing that I could build to be faster around a roadcourse and still be street legal.

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is one girl, i could say sitting in mcdonalds and eating a cheese burger is like a chick magnet, because this one time i was doing this and a girl was all over me.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doggystyle said:
This is one girl, i could say sitting in mcdonalds and eating a cheese burger is like a chick magnet, because this one time i was doing this and a girl was all over me.
Okay

trans_am03

Don Juan
Reaction score
And back to the topic...

I have an '02 Trans Am, bright red. Yes she gets lots of looks from girls and all. But a nice car WILL NOT get you a girl. It may be subject of a few convos but after that the girl will get bored and be like "So what else have ya got?"

Don't buy a car with the intent to get girls-buy it for yourself. For the most part cars shouldnt matter too much to girls.