Convertibles literally ARE chick magnets!

Scorched

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so...

What ever makes you more confident :)

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
BacardiGuy said:
Those are regular production cars.

Well, as regular as a Carrera GT anyway.

Archaxis, we're making progress though, we are getting the Atom after all.
Actually, Bacardi, that's proabably going to be my next car. I had an order for a 300 spec Atom set up before I bought my S2 Elise but the Lotus was a smokin' deal, and was $16k less than I would have spent on the Atom. Maybe next spring I'll be more financially fit for the Atom.

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
S1NN3R said:
1. Spinners
2. "Performance" exhausts for V6 Mustangs
3. Spinners
4. "NOS" stickers
5. Spinners
6. Non-functional hoodscoops (like the ones you would put on a V6 Mustang)
7. Spinners
8. "SRT appearance package" for the regular Neon
9. Spinners
10. BMW's SMG transmission
LOL... good ones, No. 10 might as well include Porsche's tiptronic, Chrysler's "auto-stick", and Honda's deporable sport shift (as in the Prelude) and any of the other "manual" slushbox shifters. BTW, have you seen the fake blow-off valve device you can put under your hood, basically a speaker that makes a blow-off valve sound when you shift?! :crackup: I WISH I was making this up.

Lemme think here, what else?

The cosmetic wing, especially ones without proper camber, section profile, or distancing from adjacent surfaces. Whitewall tires, flame jobs, curb feelers (despite having function, albeit a sad one), rainbow tint, fins, 90% of aftermarket body kits, scissor door kits on Civics (or Ferrari's for that matter), and UNDERBODY LIGHTING... ack.

Last edited:

BacardiGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I love seeing FF cars with massive parkbench spoilers. By love I mean love laughing at the tool of a driver, not the pathetic tribute to the FnF gods they're making.

Archaxis, do you run the Elise in any autocross or track events at all? And I'm jealous about the atom, what an absolute blast those cars look like. It's just hard to justify so much coin for a car that's a toy :(

Archaxis

Don Juan
Reaction score
BacardiGuy said:
I love seeing FF cars with massive parkbench spoilers. By love I mean love laughing at the tool of a driver, not the pathetic tribute to the FnF gods they're making.
There's nothing wrong with parkbench sized wings... so long as they're on the right car: http://site.voila.fr/xjr14/mxr01/tod04.html :up: A 3400 lb. sedan is NOT the right car, though.

Archaxis, do you run the Elise in any autocross or track events at all? And I'm jealous about the atom, what an absolute blast those cars look like. It's just hard to justify so much coin for a car that's a toy :(
No, I've yet to have it on track... I've only had the car for a couple of months now, and unfortunately haven't driven it much. Its monsoon season here and it rains every F'ing afternoon, and frankly the AO48's that are on there are a dry weather only tire. I'll have to take it down to one of the road courses at Firebird though to wring it out here pretty soon. :D

As for the Atom, some will say $50+k is an awful lot when you can get an equally unequipped motorcycle for $11k... but it'll get to 100 just as fast as the bikes, stop even quicker, and you can actually drive 9/10ths in an Atom without being in full death-wish mode.

BacardiGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Archaxis said:
There's nothing wrong with parkbench sized wings... so long as they're on the right car: http://site.voila.fr/xjr14/mxr01/tod04.html :up: A 3400 lb. sedan is NOT the right car, though.
Right. I'm referring to the fact that there is no need for downforce over the rear wheels on a front wheel drive car that doesn't break 85mph on the parkway at best. :up:

Are your A048's as notorious as the RE92's on the WRX/Sti's? A lot of Subaru guys I know love to curse these things when the cold weather comes around :crazy:

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Archaxis said:
LOL... good ones, No. 10 might as well include Porsche's tiptronic, Chrysler's "auto-stick", and Honda's deporable sport shift (as in the Prelude) and any of the other "manual" slushbox shifters.
But the TipTronic and others are actual automatics with direct control. The SMg is a genuine manual, but with servo control. Autos fit their market well and giving it direct control is just making it a bit sporty, but the SMG is crap, it's not smooth, it's not any faster than a real manual, and it will be the cause of a lot of used sales as soon as warranty is up due to unbelievable repair cost.

And I like the A048s, I am getting some for the RX-7 for the winter season here, because they blister during even mild street driving in the Vegas summer. However, the only reason I'm getting them is because they have the 285/30/18 size that I need for the Seven. I prefer the A032R, but they have no 18s.