Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cell Phone Radiation

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, about 3 months ago, I purchased a cell phone to enhance my performance with women - contact with many women was a problem with me so I decided to get that part of my life figured out.

Anywho - I normally am on the phone about 2 hours a day, but since the summer, I use my phone to 4-5 hours. Now, my main concern is that a couple of my friends told me that cell phones emit a large amount of radiation... which can affect how the brain works and other health issues. (Since the cell phone is placed very close to your head.) "When talking on a cell phone, most users place the phone against the head. In this position, there is a good chance that some of the radiation will be absorbed by human tissue."

Want some advice and views on what people think about this issue, as I am deeply concerned. I am merely 17 years of age, still am growing.

Ways to avoid radiation: (Credit to how stuff works)
* Use a hands-free headset.
* Use a phone that places the antenna as far away from you as possible.
* Extend the antenna during use.
* Limit calls inside buildings.
* Use the phone in open spaces as often as possible.

See, my problem is that different sites are telling me different things. The site above told me to use a hands free headset to avoid radiation. However, another site is telling me this:

Since radiation decreases exponentially, (one over the square root over the distance between you and you phone) we thought by using a headset so you could hold the phone away from your body would solve the problem. However, recent investigations tell us that headsets may actually intensify your exposure to harmful EMFs emitted by your cell phone.

Contrary to popular belief, research conducted by British consumer research magazine Which? indicates that hands-free cell phone kits may significantly INCREASE your brain's exposure to radiation. The findings confirmed claims that that using hands-free earpieces in certain positions could more than TRIPLE your brain's exposure to radiation compared to a conventional cell phone call. By itself, headset can act as an antenna that actually channels radiation to your brain.

One site told me to use ferrite beads, but it appears that it might be a commercial website, where they are just trying to sell their product:
http://www.mercola.com/forms/ferrite_beads.htm

I've heard conflicting thoughts on handsfree devices, some say its better, but then I've heard it turns your head into an antenna... which one is true?

Hard to know what to do. I mean, I don't want any dumb posts that say, "Don't use the phone for too long." I need my phone, I use it on a daily basis, rather than comments such as that one to be posted, I want some alternative ones.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm still undecided on the topic. I used to be paranoid about it, but I dunno. A lotta engineers say it's not too harmful, but being an engineer doesn't really mean you will know all about the subject.

I'm not sure, but I haven't gotten anything for it, but now that you've brought it up again, I am kinda worried about it.

http://www.blockemf.com/
http://www.lessemf.com/

Here's something that I think is a little too extreme: (but it's worth reading anyway)
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/blockingmwsignals8may03.shtml

Honda-821

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow your on the phone a lot.
but i think its just a bunch of bs
to me, seems like if your living then your getting cancer. every week there is somethin new that gives you cancer

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense that a headpiece would turn your head into an antenna unless it were all metal.

I could see how the wires in the headpiece itself could be an antenna in certain positions (probably when the phone is lower than you, mostly), but then, how great a difference is that from putting the phone right up to your head?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sniper001 said:
Anywho - I normally am on the phone about 2 hours a day, but since the summer, I use my phone to 4-5 hours. Now, my main concern is that a couple of my friends told me that cell phones emit a large amount of radiation... which can affect how the brain works and other health issues.
Holy crap, dude. I'd be more concerned about the brick you took to the side of the head that caused you to make the decision to be on the phone 5 hours a day.

I really don't think you have that much to say. Don't you have other sh1t to do besides gab to women and be their girlfriend?

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The amount of radiation per area a cell phone emitts is not even close to the FDA'a precsribed limit. This scare has all but been completely debunked and has almost no validity.

But for a fun experiment leave your phone next to am egg for a few days and see what happens (hint: it cooks)

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you serious, Teflon?

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@ dot - Yes, I have noticed that greately! Some of the links helped, half the things I read contradict each other, making me very undecided on what I should do.

@ Bonhomme - I thought that as well, however, that was the one point that was mentioned on each of the websites I visited, so it must be true. (I only check official websites.)

@ mrRuckus - Haha, yeah I know... the whole 5 hour thing just started 2 weeks ago. It's hard to get out of it to be honest. I also partake in many physical activities and go out with friends as well. I end up spending about half an hour each night with different girls, the sum reaches to about 4-5 hours.

@ Teflon_Mcgee - A friend of mine told me to do that! However, I checked how much radiation my phone permits, and it is not too much... but I still find it scary, as it is still a pretty high number. The government has been known for fruad in both Canada and the US (I reside in North America.) Just as "aspartame" was claimed to be health-friendly, major phone companies seemed to have bribed to government to allow certain changes to the FDA's prescribed limit.

@ RestoretheROAR84 - I do that as well, lol.

Vintovka

Don Juan
Reaction score
You may already be aware of this but don't let the word radiation confuse you about what exactly is coming out of your phone.

Radiation is just one method that energy propagates (conduction, convection, radiation, remember those?) and your phone sends signals by radiating electromagnetic energy (light). The frequency cell phones operate at is above the the visible portion of the spectrum but still a long ways from the more dangerous types (X-rays, Gamma rays).

This isn't exactly the same as radioactivity (where unstable atoms spontaneously decay and emit high energy EM radiation and sub-atomic particles) that isotopes of Uranium and Polonium exhibit.

We're all pretty much swimming in a constant sea of EM radiation. All electric devices, radio and television broadcast towers, cell phone towers and power lines generate this type of radiation. Even our own bodies are constantly radiating energy in the infrared portion of the spectrum.

From my point of view, there's just too many things that can kill me today to worry about something that MIGHT harm me in 50-60-70 years. If you live long enough, something is gonna give you cancer.

As far as the ferrite bead, that's a scam. If it blocked the EM radiation from your phone you wouldn't be able to place or receive calls.

And the egg thing, you can also cook an egg in Coke or vinegar :D

There's always Faraday cages though, if you really need to block out EM stuff.

PS Aspartame is safe http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp unless of course the FDA, MIT, the American Council on Science and Health and several medical journals are all in on what would be a monster of a cover-up.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with people saying you shouldn't be on the phone that much. The only reason you should be on the phone that much is for business.

Yeah there's conflicting information on it. No one has proven either side yet. The EMI engineers who say cell phone emission is not bad aren't really sure, they're not even fully qualified to give that information so unless they really had proof their opinion is only slightly better than ours. I'm undecided, but in reality I am decided because I have chosen to accept it for now. I'm still thinking about it though.

^^ Yes we are swimming in a sea of EM radiation. That's what that article talks about. (http://educate-yourself.org/cn/blockingmwsignals8may03.shtml). Again, I think it's a bit extreme. You can get a Q-Link if you want, and there are other things that are on those EMF sites I posted.

PS Aspartame is NOT safe. They're handing it out like crack. Pull up and give free samples what better way to kill people off. I was on one of the busiest streets in my city (it's a big city so it's busy) and they were handing out free gum. That's what happened with crack, and look it ruined at least 2 generations, and now you could say it has indirectly ruined this 3rd generation.

(Yeah I understand that doesn't prove anything about Aspartame. So here's a video about Aspartame for you.
http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=11646
I avoid partially hydrogenated oils, gums (in a lotta candy), corn syrup (i might have it if it's organic corn syrup, but I try not to), artificial fructose/sugar (high fructose corn syrup, maltodextrin, aspartame, etc).)

To people talking about cancer: not everything gives you cancer, only manmade things give you cancer. I have also heard good nutrition goes a long way in preventing cancer.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@ Vintovka - That clears up a lot of stuff - thanks! But I can prove to you that aspartame is not safe, trust me when I say that. There is a big scandal going on concerning artificial sweeteners, I would avoid all of them, especially aspartame. I've experienced side affects from aspartame personally. Try it! Chew one piece of sugar free gum for a week. (One piece a day. Most sugar free gums contain aspartame.) Now, the next week, do not chew any pieces of gum.

When I did this, I got headaches and migraines, and I realized that after I stopped chewing gum with aspartame, I started feeling more healthier. Also, my vision was getting depleted from chewing that stuff. You can check up all side effects that have been reported from aspartame. It is fairly new, and a lot of negative comments about it - so I would avoid it. The FDA can kiss my ass, we all know they have been bribed.

@ Dot - Well, I suppose so. Meh, guess nobody really knows for sure about the whole phone being safe thing. And I totally agree with you on the aspartame thing! I only discovered how bad it was a year ago. Before that, I used to chew a piece of gum everyday. When I did this, I got severe migraines... I used to cry sometimes. None of my doctors could tell me what was wrong with me, till I did a cleanse test. Took me 4 months to realize it was the gum I was chewing all along! (And yes, this gum contained aspartame.) I spent a week or two on google, which only surprised me more. Now, I educate all my friends about how bad this product is.

feelingloved

Don Juan
Reaction score
issue with a wired head/ear piece is that standing waves can occur which amplify the radiation at certain phases/distances apparently. I think an air tube ear piece might be the best option. I do not use a cell.
But for dating purposes, I suppose I should get one for the texting aspect.

Teflon_Mcgee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
feelingloved said:
issue with a wired head/ear piece is that standing waves can occur which amplify the radiation at certain phases/distances apparently. I think an air tube ear piece might be the best option. I do not use a cell.
But for dating purposes, I suppose I should get one for the texting aspect.
On the technical side, how would an earpiece cause a standing wave? And even if it did why it be any different than one of the millions of electromagnetic waves that pass through you constantly.

Serious question.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@ feelingloved - I know this might sound like a dumb question, but how is an air tube ear piece might be the best option? What makes it different?

Also, would you recommend any? The site above sold one - but they are selling it for $40 US, which to me is outrageous!

DR Chillz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I use speaker phone

Question

Does your cell phone harmfull radiation when its not communcating with other phones?

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A bluetooth headset won't become an antenna. On the other hand it can look goofy and the BT connection itself is a (vastly lower powered) radio connection.

feelingloved

Don Juan
Reaction score
An air tube does not conduct/re-readiate electricity/radiation.
A wire does.
All waves have lengths and resonant frequency lengths.
A bridge may collapse from perfectly timed footsteps.
The wire can potentially amplify the radiation at certain points /nodes/phases along its length, I heard.
I do not have an explanation or evidence.
Just as a sine wave has a peaks and neutral points. You would not want the peak near the head.
Popularmechanics had an interesting dissection of rat brain with holes in the cortex from regular cell phone exposure, btw.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The FDA looks out for corporate interests, especially pharmaceutical companies and other mass producers of goods ... such as the soft drink manufaturers who push aspartame.

This is strikingly illustrated by the fact that the FDA has been trying to severely restrict amino acid supplements for years, yet has been all rosy about aspartame -- which is a combination of 2 amino acids.

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
^ The whole USA looks out for corporate interests. We've been heading down a bad path for a while now. Ron Paul would help this, if he even makes it on the ballot, or if the election even happens next year, or if the United States even exists anymore by election time. Ron Paul is going to restore the constitution.