Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cell Phone Radiation

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You misunderstand how signals transmit via EM waves Bon, as SmoothTalker pointed out earlier, cell towers and phones radiate (hence, radiation) their signals in all directions with equal power.
my emphasis

That still means the inverse-square law applies with respect to the phone.

Holding the phone above your head keeps it away from your body.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any reason why this topic was moved from the health section, I feel it belongs there since this topic does pertain to people's health.

g g g unit

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My 2 cents -

IMO cell phones do cause all that radiation etc and i only use mine for emergency calls, cos' phones are relatively new there hasn't been a long term study on its affects yet so in reality our generation are like guinea pigs.

Anyway as men it would be stupid of us to spend hours yakin' about celebrities or w/e, any conversation of 2 mins is not only bad for your health but a waste of time.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
It does seem like anyone near (most people) a communication or cell tower whther they use a cell phone or not would be getting hit by way more energy than a cell phone next to your ear would transmit. And I'm pretty sure communicatioin towers don't heat up object near them.

Could someone explain frequencies (from sonic to UV) and their characteristics in passing through "solid" objects and the effect they have on the objects. This is really the crux of the question of wether cell phones damage living tissue. It's kind of hard to understand how it is that audible frequencies semi pass through walls, higher frequency microwaves heat objects, cell phones pass through hard objects like metal and stone, higher freq light does not pass through most things but gammy rays can pass through several inches of dense matter and apparently burns holes in living cells.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Bonhomme said:
my emphasis

That still means the inverse-square law applies with respect to the phone.

Holding the phone above your head keeps it away from your body.

Well considering where the pivot point of your arm is holding the phone laterally would keep it the furtherest from your brain and still about as far away from your torso than holding it above your head, not to mention not look as strange.

Besides would the cell phone tower most likely be broadcasting at a higher energy level even at the distance you are away than a cell phone?

Joe The Homophobe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel the side of my leg vibrate like if I had a cell phone (the side where the cell phone is in my pant pocket)

So I heard that it means I got radation from the cell phone from having it so much in my pocket. I don't care if that is true or not but feeling my leg vibrate like my cell and my cell not even being there scared me enough that I no longer carry it in my pocket. Since I'm a student I carry it in my backpack and when im in the car it's on the passenger seat.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sonic doesn't really fit into electormagnetic frequencies.. The reason sonic waves can somewhat pass through walls is that they are vibrations in the air, so if there's any spaces where air can pass, or even if the wall itself is made to vibrate and then passes it on to air on the other side, that's how it can pass through walls. Generally speaking, nothing below UV radiation damages DNA, hense why people aren't dropping dead from visible light or radio waves. (Which by the way have been occuring naturally for billions of years). The exception we may see is a specific frequency of microwaves (as used in microwave ovens, which do interact with matter even though they're fairly low energy. This is because the wavelength is the same as the length of atomic bonds in water, and it makes water molecules vibrate, creating heat.

Cell phones typically use somewhere in the range of shorter radio waves up to the longer frequencies of microwaves. This is still FAR below even visible light, and much much weaker than the really dangerous stuff, like x-rays. So the only thing a cellphone may do is create a bit of heat, not DNA damage. However, if you look at the power of you're phone's output, compared to a microwave oven, and also account for the fact that your body will regulate the temperature of tissues by circulation, sweating, etc, any tiny amounts of heat the phone may create will be easily handled by your body. Your brain will not cook.

feelingloved

Don Juan
Reaction score
cops get cancer from radar guns.

feelingloved

Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing can be proven. all knowledge is theory / hypothesis which is attacked, lending credence.
if the topic interests you, you will find your "proof" on the net.

Tyron

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think it's a problem. Cell phones do not emit enough high frequency radiation to be dangerous. And cellphones must be approved by health and EMC professionals before they are allowed to sell them, atleast in most countries. All studies I remember suggests that there are no health risks. It's a myth.

Reaction score
dot said:
^ The whole USA looks out for corporate interests. We've been heading down a bad path for a while now. Ron Paul would help this, if he even makes it on the ballot, or if the election even happens next year, or if the United States even exists anymore by election time. Ron Paul is going to restore the constitution.
The Matrix is a lie!!! Your worries are valid!!

X-ecution

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honda-821 said:
wow your on the phone a lot.
but i think its just a bunch of bs
to me, seems like if your living then your getting cancer. every week there is somethin new that gives you cancer

qft

everything is dangerous guys. so why worry about one stupid thing like this that's not even 100% credible

wat next? water and oxygen CAN KILL YOU. THEY GIVE YOUS DA CANCER!!WE SHOULD STOP DRINKING IT!
lolz every week they find something "harmful" which doesnt even bother people until they know about it. then everyone goes in a frenzy to stop something that didn't effect them much in the first place.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Axcell said:
However, recent investigations tell us that headsets may actually intensify your exposure to harmful EMFs emitted by your cell phone.

Contrary to popular belief, research conducted by British consumer research magazine Which? indicates that hands-free cell phone kits may significantly INCREASE your brain's exposure to radiation. The findings confirmed claims that that using hands-free earpieces in certain positions could more than TRIPLE your brain's exposure to radiation compared to a conventional cell phone call. By itself, headset can act as an antenna that actually channels radiation to your brain.
Woa, wtf? How does that work? Source??? :confused: :eek:

feelingloved

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wayword "How does that work?"
A: lookup physics concept of "standing wave".

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Axcell said:
Your sources are horrible.

There are two major red flags in your first link: 1) No cited sources. Vaguely mentioning a vague report in a medical journal does not count as a citing a source; 2) It's always shady when you have a financial stake, he's selling a product which is claimed to reduce radiation.

For your second link, once again there are no cited sources. If you click on the links in the "best answer", you will see none verify the veracity of the answer.

For your fourth link, "MAY LIGHT AND LOVE PREVAIL ON EARTH," are you kidding us? It's a conspiracy theory webpage which includes "Real UFO Abduction of a Cow!" Where on the page is anything remotely related to cell phones?

For your third link, it's one study done four years ago. Where has research gone in the subsequent four years?