Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Caller ID -- Must Be Defeated At All Costs!

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
141 to withhold your number in England, maybe all of Britain

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just so suave said:
141 to withhold your number in England, maybe all of Britain
Psssst... This thread is like over half a decade old...;)

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
yeah, then you look really wierd if you get into a relationship with the girl and she sees that you actually have a number. Plus you would look like a nosy telemarketer and I don't pick up the phone with them. Sounds sorta stalkerish or prankster type of person.

comic_relief

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about this? You call her, if she doesnt' answer...leave a message, not saying you'll call back, but asking her to call you back. Girls don't do anything or go anywhere without their phones, and girls will check their phones a minimum of 100 times a day. So, if she hasn't called you back within 24 hours, its pretty safe to say she doesn't want to or she's playing games, in either case you should next her. Thats my 2 cents.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and caller id can still be defeated by *67

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
and caller id can still be defeated by *67
True, but you have to ask yourself why did they feel the need to make an option for people who call people who they know wouldn't answer the phone if they knew it was them. Why call someone who wouldn't want to talk to you? :confused:

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Psssst... This thread is like over half a decade old...
And rightly, because -- in absence of a real good reason to do so, like wanting the person to call a different # than the one from which you're calling -- blocking caller ID is so 1990s.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True, but you have to ask yourself why did they feel the need to make an option for people who call people who they know wouldn't answer the phone if they knew it was them. Why call someone who wouldn't want to talk to you? :confused:
i learned about the feature because of residents at my apartment complex (work). they page my emergency pager for emergency maintenance and i am to return their call, identify if the problem needs dealt with now or can wait until the next business day.
if they ever find out my home number i get calls all night long over who is in who's parking space.
so i learned about this feature to keep my home number private and be able to return their call at the same time.
win win for me.

drmeathead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a real simple solution...i call her number as soon as i get it and tell her that i hate when call someone and they go who is this. it serves two purposes you sit there in front of her and call her number...it takes alot of balls for her to give you a fake number and play it cool as u call. also it takes a good deal of balls to call her out on her fake number. you have to do it right or you look dumb but i think it is a strong play. number two she then has your number and it makes things easier for her to return your call if she so desires. it reinforces a conncetion, you have already called and she will see that call in her call log and associate the good feeling of being with you with that call. um unless she was giving u a number so you would go away...

i dont feel this is desperate. if you do it with confidence you will be fine. it also eliminates the oh i didnt know who that was or any of that ****. you then dont have to wonder oh did she know it was me, did i call the right number, etc. you know all that ****.

she doesn call back at that point **** her and her excuses. its simple, if she likes you she will call back.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good approach, drmeathead. I've taken to doing something very similar that as well. Sometimes even have 'em call my phone right when I'm there, answer it, and make it a pretty funny exchange.