Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

California passes "Sanctuary state" bill

Trunks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...sed-what-happens-next-20170925-htmlstory.html

"In a strike at President Trump’s call for more deportations, California lawmakers passed landmark “sanctuary state” legislation earlier this month to shield thousands of immigrants who have entered the U.S. illegally.

Senate Bill 54, approved on the last day of the 2017 legislative session, would limit whom state and local law enforcement officers can hold and question on immigration violations. It’s now on Gov. Jerry Brown’s desk and has set off a tense showdown between federal officials and state leaders over its potential effect on public safety."

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dreamers make up like 30% of the construction labor in the US. In some specialties like roofing, that percentage is much higher. Kicking all of those workers out of the country is economic suicide. They are not going to be replaced overnight. Some businesses will go under from skyrocketing labor cost. It's like kicking the entire housing sector in the balls.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of the dreamers came here as little kids. They have been working and paying taxes all of their adult lives, including into Social Security, which they will never see. They are the ones working to make that 3% happen. Imprisoning (which happens for 6-12 months before deportation, to make The GEO Group a tidy profit) a sizable chunk of one's work force is not the smartest economic idea.

The Mexican drug cartels are LOVING all of these deportations. The US refuses to drive the bus to Mexico City, and just dumps them off right at the border, which is cartel territory. They kidnap them right out of the bus station, then extort the relatives back home to wire cash if they want to see the deportee alive again. It's a great cash business, and the cartels need that right now, because pot is almost legal and prices for other drugs have fallen substantially.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strange, all those illegals fleeing so far have haven't kept us from gaining ground and breaking upwards over 3% GDP.
They're fleeing? Since when? (Serious, not sarcasm.)

I say keep them here and abolish the minimum wage. Last thing I want is some unionized American making my wares when a Mexican is willing to do it for a fraction of the cost. This is just more government interference in the free market.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as state revenues pay for that kind of fiscal irresponsibility I don't care.

But federal dollars should not go to those purposes.

The movie stars whose taxes are about to double when they lose the state tax deduction ought to pick up part of the tab.

No other country in the world subsidizes generations of foreign nationals. Refugees, yes, but not systemic subsidies. What a bunch of dummies.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have not seen the news articles of all the illegals fleeing to Canada?
No sir, but I believe you. Sounds like the market is working. Get ready for some inflation.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kicking all of those workers out of the country is economic suicide. They are not going to be replaced overnight. Some businesses will go under from skyrocketing labor cost. It's like kicking the entire housing sector in the balls.
Maybe. But most of those roofers are not paying any federal income tax, and they are getting all the benefits the government provides.

One might describe the situation as the roofing companies (and all the other companies that are getting cheap labor from immigrants) are being indirectly subsidized by taxpayers.

Not to mention that many immigrants send a large portion of their income home.

The law of unintended consequences make it pretty much impossible for anybody to say with any mathematical certainty which is better.

Eventually it's matter of which group screams the loudest and which group provides the most political leverage to those who allegedly support those groups screaming bloody murder.

Not a lot of politicians care much about the small entrepreneur. As a voting block, they don't count much. Immigrants however, are a political goldmine.

Trainwreck

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dreamers make up like 30% of the construction labor in the US. In some specialties like roofing, that percentage is much higher. Kicking all of those workers out of the country is economic suicide. They are not going to be replaced overnight. Some businesses will go under from skyrocketing labor cost. It's like kicking the entire housing sector in the balls.
Exactly and I also work in the finance industry and a lot of dreamers and non us citizens are financing stuff like mortgages, automobiles, and credit lines. How will company's get their full profits if Trump kicks them out? You can't be a superman for capitalism and be for this!

Last edited:

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
States cannot over-rule Federal law.

The Civil War decided that one.....sorry alt-leftists.
This is true but look what each state is doing regarding marijuana. Last I checked, at the federal level, use is illegal, period. But that isnt stopping California, Colorado, etc. And the feds arent stepping in and doing anything about it, that I can see.

Is this sanctuary law going to be any different? probably not, eh?

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He is pushing for it, and he is surrounded by enemies of MAGA. I won't blame him when it is fake Rinos who are blocking it. Neither will all of those who believe in MAGA.

But is Trump a true conservative?wasn't he a "liberal" just a few years ago

I've never seen a president who had both the house and the senate in tow, yet faced so much Opposition from his own Party

Trump makes W. look like a genius

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Business are whoever they need to be to win. That is the fault of a Government for sale.

If Trump is so stupid, imgaine how stupid...

1. ...Clinton is, for losing to him.
2. ...CNN and other media are for saying how badly he would lose.
3. ...Leftists are for saying he had no path to 270 electoral votes.
4. ...Bush is, the favored Republican, for losing despite all Republican support.

Hmm, for a stupid guy, he sure has kicked the $hit out of the rest of the world.
I never said Trump was stupid sir, please don't put words in my mouth

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strange, all those illegals fleeing so far have haven't kept us from gaining ground and breaking upwards over 3% GDP.
It's normal Danger.... the 3% GDP is last year results....

The anti-dreamer was last month

It take 1 year for legislations to have any effects.

I am on you Danger about this.... but you have to keep it real lol.

Dreamers are now coming to Canada... some are doctors, engineers... good we need that
Some are ''undesirable'' good... we have 300 000 employees shortage in the factories, the restaurant, farmers and any things that now employers are going on the black market to find labor

Interesting that Trump will have the most opposition about the Dreamers... not from the ''big corp'' but from the Texan Ranchers.. who need illegals for labor... since Americans don't last 1 day in the field (BusinessWeek even reported)

I worked in the field, farms etc... its so tough that you cry at night

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is true but look what each state is doing regarding marijuana. Last I checked, at the federal level, use is illegal, period. But that isnt stopping California, Colorado, etc. And the feds arent stepping in and doing anything about it, that I can see.

Is this sanctuary law going to be any different? probably not, eh?
Well you gotta keep in mind that the cartels own the DEA and have owned them for be better part of the decade or so...

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
My world view evolves with time, it's normal. Currently I view it like so -

You have to picture a post appocalipse movie, things take place in a desert. There is a town, remeniscent of meideval castle, or something like jerusalem with wall around it. Inside this town there is everything, food, drinks, opprotunities, stability, medicine, outside is chaos. Well there is several such towns, U.S.A., Canada, Russia, Europe, Japan, China, Australia. There are other towns as well, but those are more remeniscent of old ship from movie waterworld, people run from there to better cities. Kings of better towns are at war with each other, some are partners, but this peace is thin as ice, nobody is a friend, everyone is looking out for themselves. One town in particular is known around the desert to be the best of the best, if people run, they usually run there, this town accepts everyone.

Trainwreck

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But is Trump a true conservative?wasn't he a "liberal" just a few years ago

I've never seen a president who had both the house and the senate in tow, yet faced so much Opposition from his own Party

Trump makes W. look like a genius
He just said it to get elected and is just doing a half ass effort to get it repealed. Furthermore, he will have an excuse for why he couldn't repeal it. It never will be repealed and it was never meant to be repealed. This is all a silly game!