Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Broken contact..Set back...ugh!

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, over a month of not talking to him (and actually slowly forgetting about it all) I finally got the "I really do miss you. I know you're still mad and I'm sorry. I wish I never did that to you, you deserve better."

What do I say to THAT??????

*for those who don't know my story, my ex and I were re-hooking up and I caught him still sleeping with the girl he left me for.*

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You tell him that you understand that he's 'sorry', but saying 'sorry'; is NOT the SAME as an Apology and asking for forgiveness.

Re read what you wrote, and what he said...

Where do you see "I want you back!! Please! Come back to me!!!"

Get real.

It's your Ego thats doing the thinking for you.

You know this guy is trying to play you.

Dont enable Co Dependency

tick37

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of guys out there. You don't take him back is what you do. He messed around on you. Now it's time to find a guy who won't mess around on you. Good luck!

1 month is not very long. Stay strong.

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SunnyD said:
Well, over a month of not talking to him (and actually slowly forgetting about it all) I finally got the "I really do miss you. I know you're still mad and I'm sorry. I wish I never did that to you, you deserve better."

What do I say to THAT??????
If this is an active call (you picked up the phone???? NONONO DON"T DO IT!) but if you did...

You say: "You're right, I do deserve better. I harbor no ill will against you, truly, but I think it's best if we keep our relationship as something in the past. I wish you only the best in YOUR future. Take care of yourself. Bye."

Then hang up fast - before he says anything else and UNPLUG your phone before he hits redial.

If it's a message DO NOT CALL HIM BACK. He is wanting to go for another round of the same dance you guys just finished - and it will end the same way, unfortunately. Don't even open the invitation, Sunny. Hit the delete button. Exercise some self-discipline and delete the message.

He will use a cry out for "closure" as a way to manipulate you back. It is sad to think you cared for someone who you can't trust the motives of - but you must be honest with yourself about what you know to be true about the man. He is NOT capable of genuinely loving you. He told you this to your face verbally - and BLATANTLY with his actions. BELIEVE HIM!

It is okay to not offer him closure if that is the boundery you need to keep yourself emotionally safe.

Your relationship with him is over. Relationships that have ended leave you NO obligation to return his call.

As women, we are raised to "be nice" and not to hurt anyone's feelings. But you are not a little girl anymore. And a grown woman knows that you can't go through life without sometimes hurting people's feelings. Your first obligation is to be responsible to your self.

If you feel like you can't imagine never talking to him again - then just "one day at a time" it. and let those days stack up. You can give him closure in a year - or - two - or three from now. If it's truly that important - it will be later, too.

Right now - he is concerned about his pain, his longing for you, his desire (perhaps even his shame - although I sincerely doubt it)

But realize that this call is still all about him and his feelings - you as a dynamic individual to be respected and loved in a genuine, adult, mature, mutually supportive, playful, honest relationship do not exist to this man. You are still irrelevent and replaceable with any number of women to him.

He is right about one thing though! You really do deserve better :yes:

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I guess no reply is best. It was a text msg Sat. night. Caught me off guard and at first I felt all sad about, but now I feel mad. Because I was doing so good. Starting to think of him less and less...and over a month of ZERO contact was pretty damn good. Now I feel like I have to start all over with the process...

I'm sure this other girl just finally realized what a dog he is and now he's left with nothing. So he figured he'd msg me..

He's not capable of feeling guilt.

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But realize that this call is still all about him and his feelings
Thats the truth.

AND..if you take this guy back you are only reinforcing the notion of women who choose guys that treat them like dirt, meanwhile good guys out there get no one...

Its hard to respect a woman who keeps going back to some guy that doesnt treat her well and disrespects her....

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SunnyD said:
Thanks for the replies.

I guess no reply is best. It was a text msg Sat. night. Caught me off guard and at first I felt all sad about, but now I feel mad. Because I was doing so good. Starting to think of him less and less...and over a month of ZERO contact was pretty damn good. Now I feel like I have to start all over with the process...

I'm sure this other girl just finally realized what a dog he is and now he's left with nothing. So he figured he'd msg me..

BTW, my cheating ex, who had a new GF pretty soon after I dumped him, has sent me "I miss you" and "wish the best for you" texts up til my bday a few months ago... (about a year has passed) and I am positive he isn't through. I do not answer EVER.

Whats the point? Trust me, I could go deeper into why there is no point, but I will let you think about it. I will frame the question a different way, too: What is in it for YOU?

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LovelyLady said:
As women, we are raised to "be nice" and not to hurt anyone's feelings. But you are not a little girl anymore. And a grown woman knows that you can't go through life without sometimes hurting people's feelings.
iqqi said:
Listen to LovelyLady she is RIGHT about EVERYTHING she posted.
Oh lord....that means there would be 50% less posts in this forum

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
SunnyD said:

Are you really that naive? He's probably still banging her and is starting to get bored and wants some variety again. However he's a lazy hunter and just goes back to where he knows he can get an easy piece.

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
Are you really that naive? He's probably still banging her and is starting to get bored and wants some variety again. However he's a lazy hunter and just goes back to where he knows he can get an easy piece.

Yeah, well that is definitely true. Since I've known him, before we were together, after, etc... every single girl he has ever had a "thing" with, has been either an ex, or a girl he knew from high school or college. Come to think of it, I can't ever remember a time he dated, fVcked or messed around with a "new" girl.

Reaction score
So if she replies to his text, even if it's a negative reply, does that show him she still cares?

If she didn't care, wouldn't she just not reply at all?

SunnyD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
So if she replies to his text, even if it's a negative reply, does that show him she still cares?

If she didn't care, wouldn't she just not reply at all?
I have to agree..I think I should just not reply at all. But its a double-edged swords because doesn't that then show him that I am still angry...thus, I still care???

Reaction score
SunnyD said:
I have to agree..I think I should just not reply at all. But its a double-edged swords because doesn't that then show him that I am still angry...thus, I still care???

Well I'm just trying to get insight into former flames that I have texted when I got a negative reply.

I'm looking for some sort of proof that any reply is better than no reply! LOL

I never cheated on them though.

Reaction score
Also I think NO REPLY shows you don't care. NO reply is the worse feeling I get when I text a woman. I'd rather get a negative reply than nothing. You WANT to reply you are trying to justify it because you still care.

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is, it has nothing to do with what he thinks. It has nothing to do with teaching him a lesson - or sending him a message through silence/withholding

If he finds out she still cares for him still in some way - so what? There is no shame in caring for someone. She is not somehow weakened or less empowered because she loves and/or cares.

But it is about loving and taking care of herself first. It IS about taking responsibility for keeping your self out of unhealthy interactions with unhealthy people. That means you don't talk to them. You don't text them. You don't meet for drinks just to catch up.

As adults, we can have romantic relationships with people that end in a respectful and honorable way. Neither party does anything to severely damage or dishonor the relationship, themselves - or the other person. So a call awhile after the breakup just to make sure the person is okay (because you genuinely do care about the well-being of the person) can be appropriate. Although with a healthy ending - that is already communicated while processing why you both realize moving forward is not the best thing to do.

But that is not what has happened here. There is no honor in the relationship she had with this man - so that is why there is no further contact. There is simply nothing of value for her to call back for. It is just that clean. Just that simple. No hidden meanings.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
SunnyD said:
Yeah, well that is definitely true. Since I've known him, before we were together, after, etc... every single girl he has ever had a "thing" with, has been either an ex, or a girl he knew from high school or college. Come to think of it, I can't ever remember a time he dated, fVcked or messed around with a "new" girl.
So SunnyD are you saying you're easy?

I getting an uneasy feeling when a girl gets advice from here about gaming a guy :D .