Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

boycott Firestone

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear All,
Well quite a few of you support Sodbuster...That's not enough,contact him for Firestones Address and Mail them!!!!!
We can console ourselves that in a Private enterprise Society it is hard to
keep groups down even with the not so covert discrimination they might feel..Last year I was in Malaysia,The Moslem majority are blatently racist in the discrimination they impose on the Chinese...Only different in Degree to Hitlers Discrimination against Jews in Germany,before the War...Despite that the Chinese dominate every field of Endeavour,both in academia and business...Thus it is with us,and because of the magic of Testosterone always wiil be!

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diehard, I admit it does get under my skin. I don't enjoy disrespect either direct to me, or to men in general. A lot of media disrespects men who to you and I would appear afc but also who are holding up their end of the bargain in society.

I demand respect in real life. I dump women who act badly. I like to think I'm doing my part to pass skills and a better world to my son. I don't think I'm out of line or "beta" bristling at this crap.

And the root of the issue is fifty years ago there was no alpha and beta. Just men...period. And a lot more respect for all of them.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thulsa_Doom said:
It's simple. Most "funny" commercials (yuck) have to have a fall guy to be the butt of the joke. So as not not appear "mean spirited" you can only make fun of the people on the top of the heap. It's like how you can make fun of the CEO "fat cat" but not the janitor. And how every fat female comedian makes fun of "skinny girls" eating celery, But if a skinny blonde made fun of the girl from "Precious" it would be considered mean. (granted,..we would still laugh, but part of the reason that it was funny would be the shock value).
What I'm saying is, the reason that the fall guy in commercials is usually the straight white guy.....is because WHITE GUYS ARE STILL AT THE TOP OF THE HEAP.
And this is coming from a black guy (hence the name Thulsa Doom)
I can't wait for the day when it's considered OK and safe to make fun of the rich black guy. (Tiger Woods excepted) :)

But for this forum especially, I think we're missing the crux of the situation. Do you really think that successful guys (i.e. Alpha guys) actually CARE about this stupid commercial? When you whine about this commercial (and in public no less) and write emails about it, you just show yourself to have Beta tendencies. Think of this as a "**** test" that some hottie would give you. To an Alpha this commercial wouldn't even register, and it certainly wouldn't be important. But to a Beta, this commercial signifies the "corrosion of American society and Western values".

Oh wait.....I just saw that the original poster is from South Dakota..............
I agree with this. +1

Let the women complain about equality, let the men sit back and smile.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see this as a sh!t test at all. I also don't agree that you have to be a beta to disapprove of such spots. That's like saying "Oh, you don't like feminism, that means you're a beta".

The chief dangers I see are the expectations that are set up toward male school children.

It's the usual message that there's something wrong with being male, the boys need to act more like females, and the increasing message that boys are the dumber gender. Why should we allow our kids to grow up in such an environment?

Albatross953

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you Brad, that explains it perfectly.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
I'm not sure why, maybe it's because some of you guys are black, or older, or work in jobs where you don't see this is a problem, or just plain don't care.
I hate to get into race, but I've noticed from reading this forum that there is a perception that this sort of thing is directed mainly at white men, therefore it is seen as a white man's problem, and not men in general. This may be true for commercials, but if you extend it into how men are depicted in movies or sitcoms, I've seen black males depicted in this way also (incompetent boobs who need their women to correct them).

Warrior74 said:
They both look like bytches. He looks like a beta bytch and she looks like a ball busting career bytch. I know couples like that and those guys live in impotent rage followed by caving and sucking up. If you are a bytch beta I could see why this would make you mad. It hits too close to home.
My question is why are men depicted as beta bytches? Why can't we have more positive role models out there for men? Especially the younger guys here, they are always complaining about how they have been lied to and conditioned by society to be these feminized little bytches. Men were more masculine in my day. This type of depiction is one of the reasons.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, just stop watching TV. The answer is a simple as that. It doesn't matter what they 'program' or mindscrew the masses, if you don't watch it, you won't know. And when you honestly don't know, you shatter any delusions with anyone who is trained by it.

Be 'that guy' who does whatever he wants. Trust me on this one, being clueless on what TV programs the masses is a GREAT thing. It will free your mind and truly unleash the man who you really are.

Unplug it. Use it for a boat anchor. If you want to know what's going on in the world, get your info online.

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's getting out of hand really.....Last night I saw a commercial from Mercury insurance. The theme of the commercial was "The Distracted Driver". Who was this "Distracted Driver" ?....Who else? A chubby, 30 something White male, who is shaving with an electric razor while driving. For the record, I have been driving the streets in the World's car capital (Southern California) since 1982, and I have never, I mean NEVER, seen a guy using an electric razor while driving a car. However, on a daily basis, I see at least two women per morning applying makeup while driving.
The fear of offending any "minority" in advertising is such a double standard. Young, White males are being fed negative, racial stereotyping. Just because the exploited is a White male does not "excuse" the basic wrong premise of this advertising practice.
The only solution is to speak with your pocketbook. I will never purchase a Honda because of their current campaign of making Honda salesmen (Guess what gender and color they are?) act like absolute idiots.

U

user43770

That commercial made me cringe. The dude should have been like "fvck you, b1tch."

I've noticed a new trend with guys in commercials, though; I've seen several where the father is doing household chores etc. There's one with a stay-at-home dad and three daughters. There's another one with two guys in a park carrying babies. It's the new thing: neutered males prancing around, content with being betas. Taking it with a strap-on probably, too.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sodbuster, I agree with you 100% and I applaud your proactive approach.

The small small-mindedness and lack of vision in some of the replies is astounding. A true revelation of ignorance of what is happening in our society.

That which is portrayed in the media is precisely the very thing that is brainwashing both men and women and perpetuating women's lack of accountability and lack of respect for men. It is also the very thing that is perpetuating men's lack of respect for themselves.

We need to stop thinking in terms of "how can I get laid tonight?" and more in terms of "What actions can I take to stem the destructive tide of the media and be a part in the restoration of respect for men and the restoration of their rightful place of authority?"

I encourage all men who read this to become proactively involved in being a part of the solution. Don't let society, your feminized education, the media, and women steamroll over you.

Women have a herd mentality and will absorb and integrate whatever they see in the media. They cannot think for themselves. they take 100% of their social cues from the media and from other women.

The media is 100% "true" to them. They cannot differentiate between reality and that which is fed to their emotional psyches.

It is men's weakness and fear of banishment from the pvssy that has caused all this. We need men with some SPINE to stand up to companies that perpetuate attitudes that put us down. If enough men stand up, the WILL listen, because they will perceive it affecting their bottom line.

Again, sodbuster, I applaud your action and I hope that some of the youngsters here, fresh out of their feminized educations, will wake up to reality and understand the mechanisms at play here.

+1

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just now contacted Firestone and told them exactly what I thought of their advertising.

When man stand up against the portrayal of them as lazy, ignorant buffoons, society will begin to normalize.

Perhaps some of you have balls enough to do the same.

firestone.com

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fabulous, Atom... I'm sure Firestone will change their policy because of your email :rolleyes:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just noticed that YouTube has removed the video in the link that Warrior74 posted for "copyright reasons". Have you ever heard of a commercial being removed for copyright reasons? Does that make sense? Wouldn't you want MORE people to see your commercial, not less? Don't you PAY people to show your commercial? Why would anyone possibly object to someone showing your commercial for free?

Gentlemen, I take this as a sign that our message has been heard. Obviously they have been receiving flak about this commercial and are trying to get rid of it. Take that, naysayers!

Atom Smasher said:
We need to stop thinking in terms of "how can I get laid tonight?" and more in terms of "What actions can I take to stem the destructive tide of the media and be a part in the restoration of respect for men and the restoration of their rightful place of authority?"
Smasher, I greatly admire your taking a stand here. I don't think it's realistic, unfortunately, in this day and age to expect women (or politicians or feminized men) to agree that men have a rightful place of authority. But the restoration of respect for men should be an attainable goal.

Danger said:
Die Hard, You talk that alpha's would just sit back and smile, I call bull$hit. When someone p1sses on an alpha, the alpha gets up and does something.
THIS is unquestionably true. I don't understand why anyone would object to this small effort to take a stand for men, especially on this forum of all places. People think twice about portraying various stereotypes in the media, and that is because of the backlash they receive when they do. I don't see any reason why we can't do the same for men.

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are stupid and delusional, the end. I won't bother replying anymore...

Die Hard

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
It always seems to end with insults from the other side, whether from the women themselves or their enablers.

Die Hard,

The concept is quite simple, the only way to stop bad behavior is to punish it, whether at a micro or a macro level.

The real question is, why does it bother you so much that men start pushing back?
I don't mean to insult you. I like you and all the other guys in this thread and I sympathize with your sentiment. However, I think you are acting stupid and you don't notice this yourself.
But I'm too tired to try and make my point coz y'all are showing too much resistance and ego investment. And even if you drop the resistance and allow me to show you what's so stupid about your behavior, there is not much to be gained from that for either of us anyway.

So I respectfully withdraw from this discussion.

lgbs2004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
Sitting back, smiling, and doing nothing is only going to propagate this problem.

I'm not sure why, maybe it's because some of you guys are black, or older, or work in jobs where you don't see this is a problem, or just plain don't care, but the fact remains that society is turning on men (and I think white ones in particular) and sitting back and doing nothing is only going to make this worse.

And it's not just about a single firestone commercial. It's about an entire attitude in which a group of people (ie men, and especially white men) are being ganged up on. To sit behind your keyboards and claim that it's not "alpha" to bring up this issue and complain about it is extremely shortsighted to say the least. My own circle of friends is full of tall good looking white dudes who have successful jobs as engineers, lawyers, and business men etc who date hot women and a lot of our conversations still revolve around the mistreatment of men in society and the men who are either slaves to women (captain save-a-ho's) or just plain clueless, and serve as facilitators and make it possible for this to continue.

Being "alpha" doesn't mean you're too strong and so engrossed living a great life that it's above you to complain about what some guys would consider "little things." In fact, many successful men (both financially and with women) are very concerned with what goes on around them in the world and become very defensive when their situation is being threatened, especially when that position is being threatened by a bunch of hypocritical slvts.

In my own country (Canada), the chief supreme court justice recently stated in the media that women are finally getting more fairly represented in the law. Shouldn't she be more concerned with the fact that more effective lawyers are being introduced into the legal system, rather than a certain group of people that are defined merely by what exists between their legs?

And this is a person who controls things like how abortion, homosexuality, marriage, and racist quotas are introduced and used in our daily lives and educational system. They have the power to override any political decision, no matter how much of a majority of the people may back it.

There is a serious problem going on in today's society with regard to the treatment of men, and this is only the beginning. The stupid firestone commercials, the worship of golden pvssy in the dating game, the rise of single motherhood and the massive divorce rates, and the desperate attempts to decrease the participation of men in certain professions are only a few of the symptoms of this maltreatment.

And this is just the beginning, it'll be even worse for our little boys when they get to be our age.
^THIS^ :up:

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
And no, western civilization isn't crumbling because of the commercial.....rather the line of thinking that spawned the commercial to begin with.
Agree totally :)

It's very hard these days to be totally convinced that not all females do this media-savvy diagnosis of other people, besides men, and for that matter, most other disadvantaged stereotypes ('geek chic' or 'silver fox', anyone?).

How are you supposed to have any civility and/or decorum in our anti-violence society towards any living breathing human if this shvt goes on under our noses and society doesn't give a fvck?

I am starting to think when I was younger I struggled with girls because I was hated just for being a guy and for being aspergers, not because I wasn't all that 'cute' or whatever they wanted me to be.

The following was brought to my attention by a YouTube video I saw, and its dead on:

When I hear females talk about 'men' and their habits, it's always 'men', not 'males'. So, by that logic that means **everyone** with a penis?