Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Beta-male gets the girl!?! huh???

bullethead

Don Juan
Reaction score
Titanic (the movie) is back this weekend. And it brings up a question that has never been answered to me in the last 15 years. Why does Rose (Kate Winslet) go for the beta male Jack Dawson (Leonardo DeCaprio) instead of the guy alpha male she was engaged to (i forgot his name) who is taller, richer, more powerful, and generally more alpha than Jack? Never understood it, I guess that is why titanic is fiction. Any ideas?

dutchmaster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
It's because Titanic was made with the audience of women and beta males in mind
This is perfect.

OP: Why do you think every girl loves that movie so much?

Single4Life

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is he "beta" ? Because he's not as rich?

Being an alpha male is a state of mind, not an occupation or a title.

and honestly, you guys are too hung up on this "alpha male/beta male" stuff. Different women like different things.

wait_out

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Single4Life said:
and honestly, you guys are too hung up on this "alpha male/beta male" stuff. Different women like different things.
lies

ban him from the forum for having a dissenting opinion, quick

all power to the hypno-toad

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack Dawson gets the girl because he was confident and acted on his own intentions. He wasnt an emotional tampon and didnt care what others thought of him. He didnt put her on a pedestal even tho she was hot and of higher status.

GoodLookingLoser

Don Juan
Reaction score
funny you mention this

on my little blog I put together a whole list (obviously not complete) of movies that show unrealistic sexual/PU scenarios... Beta guys that are good looking can still get hot chicks, but the scenarios that Hollywood draws up are often quite ridiculous. the girl literally 'seduces the guy' 'escalates toward sex' and stick his c0ck in her. haha

now obviously, this isn't ALL movies. but there's a lot!

just for fun
http://www.goodlookingloser.com/2012/01/25/beta-male-in-movies/

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jack ain't Beta. Plus, the movie setting takes place on a boat, because it is separate world on its on. In real life she would bang Jack all the way to New York without the other guy knowing and would ditch his poor as$ once ashore.

coochieman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Truth is....... in one out of say seven possible relationships( in the relatively less probable cases) a babe would pick a near-beta over a near-alpha.....

this happens as a result of lots of issues....she's heard bout his exploits(djs here cant tell me they've not had this happen to them) and she's guards up with you, she has just had a bad boy do her some bad or maybe she's the exception that values gifts and attention more than the usual.... whatever, you get my point.

funny thing is, ive seen babes both bang the alpha dude and the beta dude simultaneously/consecutively (for reasons best known to them).

as much as we have lotsss of betas, a lot of dudes aren't clear betas. they arent just schooled in the game but are still skilled enough to get a good lay every now and then eg. i was gettin pvssy before i started don-juanism.

this is not enough reason to even give "betaism'' a chance in your life! the odds favour an alpha male greatly. plus in the case of jack, he was not a total beta.... just for the fact he didnt let her higher status weigh him down and he got his interaction flowing! if it were real life, i'd bet that looks also had a role to play.

if a beta dude was just capable of being a little sexual and INITIATING a convo with 5 random babes everyday nonstop , he sooner or later would become a selector of ladies.

Stay alpha though, the difference is clear

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
This sh*t only happens in the movies. Movies are fictional, entertaining, and usually cater to the female and beta demographic.

Always stay alpha. :yes:

Case dismissed. :rolleyes:

pinhas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The real question is why couldn't rose move her a** and let Jack on the drift board.. there was more than enough room on it for two...

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Single4Life said:
Why is he "beta" ? Because he's not as rich?

Being an alpha male is a state of mind, not an occupation or a title.

I agree. There's way too much "was this alpha?" talk on here.

I'll always believe that:

1) Alphas are born. Not made.

and

2) An Alpha is too busy being alpha to refer to himself as "alpha"

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
He had confidence.

He had the b@lls to save her from killing herself.

He had the rugged outdoorsman body. Thus, he was good fling material, not necessarily LTR material. It's sort of like a woman F-ing the rugged pool boy instead of the millionaire that owns the pool.

Plus, her mom was pushing the alpha guy on her daughter because he's rich.
Women HATE to be fixed up. The more you push a guy into her arms, the more she will be repulsed by him.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is hollywood in the business of selling?

Fantasy.

If movies were based in reality, nobody would watch.

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Right, look, I don't care what the context of the conversation is, there are a bunch of men discussing Titanic on a forum.
Man the **** up!
It's a ****ing movie, it's not real life!
New levels of stupidity have been reached here.

sighsigh

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Hockley character becomes all embarrassed and jealous when Rose and Jack get it off. Hockley eventually ends up framing Jack... and then trying to shoot him. That's a pretty massive blunder for someone so 'alpha.'

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you remember the alpha was boring and he hit her. The vast majority of women don't like guys who do either of those.