Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Best kind of diet for straight up fat loss?

DJ_NIGGRO

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im talking just fat loss, muscle loss is somewhat acceptable

FOR NOW.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im on CKD. www.c-k-d.com

Its a diet based on ketosis. I lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks. Really good. Im skinner than when I started and I notice it too. I also do weight training while Im doing this diet.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They're all good except the high carb, low fat diets out there, but even some people loose fat from those, just gota figure out what works for you, but CKD seems awsome to me!

DJ_NIGGRO

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the help.

All that site listed was foods and information such as that, can someone tell me how a carb up works? and an excercise schedule?

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A low-carb diet is pretty simply actually: you eat no carbs other than those that are found in vegetables, which means you're stuck with about 30g a day (keep in mind that some vegetables and most fruits have tons of carbs and should be avoided as well, so do your homework).

As for an exercise schedule, your best bet would be about 50 minutes of weightlifting on mon/wed/fri and short sessions (start at 4 min and go up to 15) of HIIT (high intensity interval cardio) on sun/tue/thu. Take saturday off since you're most likely going out anyway. And you can allow yourself to have one cheat meal on that night as well, but make sure it's SENSIBLE (i.e. some rice or potatoes, not pizza).

Check out bodybuilding.com for more info, and remember: every hour you put in on research will save you 20 in the gym, so READ, READ, READ.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think low low carb diets are optimal, you guys work so hard during the bulking season, most usually winter time to build great mass, and then you go onto a low carb diet, I mean 100G or less...And what then you loose a lot of your mass, post workout your coristol levels are running rampid around your system converting muscle tissue to glucose for energy, it's excellent for weight loss as a whole, but in most cases I dislike it, people who are on low carb diets look unhealthy to me and in a lot of cases their insulin receptors kinda get retarded, so when they introduce carbs back intot heir diets, they gain weight because the insulin can not detect it.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I havent done a carbup ever since I started the diet. I dont even eat more than 20 grams of carbs. So I stay in strong ketosis for a long time. Faster fat loss.

Also, if you choose to get this diet be sure you take a multivitamin everyday like Centrum Performance. Also be sure to take some fiber, youll need it.

if you want more information visit the C-K-D.com forums.

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Also to add to my note up there...Studies done by various universities and labs show that around 2lbs of fat a week is maximum one could loose, all other additional weight will be muscle, and other tissue, so if 2lbs of fat can be lost on 100G of carbs that can provide really good energy to your workouts, why go down as low as 20 grams?

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, on C-K-D.com it says to go no higher than 20 grams. If I go higher I will be knocked off Ketosis mode.

Big N

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you just read the cutting guide, and follow the guidelines there for a month or two. You'll probably lose a good 10-15 pounds. Meanwhile, you can read up and buy all the supplies you need for a ketogenic diet.

I only say this because Diesel's cutting guide is a pretty straightforward diet, and he gives you guidelines to follow. The CKD is more advanced. I would recommend doing some research on it before you start.

Trial Error

Don Juan
Reaction score
Boricua, you are taking post workout carbs(i.e. dextrose) right after lifting, right? im just asking cuz you haven't been carbing up.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
umm.... post workout carbs?

No.

I heard that if you dont take post workout carbs that you wont have enough energy to do heavy weight lifting.

Maybe Im just special but now Im on my 4rth week, with no carb ups, no post workout carb ups and Ive been doing upper body heavy weight training twice a week, with no energy loss or anything. I am performing maybe even BETTER than I used to before Ive started doing this diet.

Is the post carb up really necessary before weigh training besides giving you energy?

Trial Error

Don Juan
Reaction score
take it up to the guys over at the ckd.com forums. they know more about this than me. im sorry

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Boricua_33015
umm.... post workout carbs?

Is the post carb up really necessary before weigh training besides giving you energy?

Pardon me?

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Templeton
Pardon me?
Youd have to know about CKD to get what I am talking about.

Demon.... that article on low carb diets has no evidence on telling how it doesnt affect fat loss.

CKD : Cyclic Ketogenic Diet

Restricting carbs takes your body into a Ketosis mode.

Ketosis mode is when your body looks into stored fat for its energy and fuel instead of carbohydrates or muscle.

I dont get it.

Ive lost..... now its 18 pounds, on the 4rth week (more like 3 weeks and 5 days) of the diet.

It isnt working?

Yes I have been restricting calories.... but thats because I want to. It isnt necessary for the diet to work.

This diet is about taking it back to the caveman days where we humans used to mostly eat fats and proteins, and the little carbs that we got from the fruits and vegetables.

Cavemen were very fit weren't they?

Now that we are eating prepackaged foods, adding sugar and a bunch of crap to our foods; not to mention the fat free foods, the carbs have gotten higher.

The difference between Regular fat mayo and fat free mayo is that fat free tastes like ****, and has more carbs while regular fat mayo tastes good and has no carbs, and the fat gives you more energy than carbs do.

I dont know where I went with this.... LOL

But I just dont understand why low carb diets dont work. It works for me.

Ive tried Desiels cutting guide for about 2 weeks and I didnt drop a single pound.

This first week of trying the CKD diet I lost 10 pounds.....

*rubbing the stubble on his chin* Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Boricua_33015

Ive tried Desiels cutting guide for about 2 weeks and I didnt drop a single pound.

You obviously weren't doing it right.

D

enkai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL
You obviously weren't doing it right.

D
Diesel, you can't say that...Everyone is different and responds differently, I tried the low - to mod carb, mod fat, and high protein and it didn't work, so I took down the fat and bam fat started to fly off, so everyone respnonds differently, maybe he's got a condition or something that prevents him from loosing fat, either that or he didn't do it right.