benefits of a nice car?

*mattster

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont really think it matters what kind of car you have (esp. to the type of girls you probably would like to attract). i've been driving an audi tt roadster, for 6 months now, and the thing i noticed is that GUYS notice it much more then chicks do. but stepping out of a "niche" car like that infront of a cafe somehow does boost your self confidence, maybe because it causes other guys to get self-conscious.
but i really don't care for that... just cruising down winding coastal roads in the sun with the top down, the ability to pass ANYONE at anytime you want and awesome handling are the reasons i'm never getting a different type of car for myself... find out what you like/want/can tolerate and just buy that. granted, buying a car is the WORST possible investment, this was the best €15k i've ever spent (bought a used one, and was intially going to sell it in autumn - there's no way that's going to happen now):D

fun, fun, fun!

*m out

Ostepop

Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing i dont get is why are people here talking about hp and all that crap? Tuning cars stuff like that?

How many girls care how much hp your car has? This is what it all comes down to, we are talking about cars in relation to girls. Not your typical mans car talk. Your supra'z and imports may have a 1000 hp, girls dont really care (99% of them anyway).

This topic isn't about if you can tune a Z300 to beat a ferrari, its about what girls think about you when you drive a Z300 or whatever.

I can tell you right now, from my personal experience, that even if i put a tiny pathetic 50hp 3 sylinder engine into a Ferrari F430, that Ferrari would leave a much bigger impression than your tuned up and styled up cars can. GIRLS DO NOT CARE how many hp your car has, unless shes really into cars, guess what? Most girls aren't.

As stated earlier, my car right now is a Mercedes CLK50K Kleeman. Its probably faster than 99% of all the cars on Norwegian roads (528hp\600nm\1620kg), but i have NEVER ever had a girl ask me how much hp or crap i got in my car. They usually comment on how nice it looks, and how im a spoiled brat (i am) getting something like that as a xmas gift, but they never ask about hp. Well, sometimes i get a comment about my car being fast (because if you floor it in 2nd and 3rd gear, it feels like your internal organs are being ripped out)

Thats the point, stop talking about it, its completely irrelevant how well you can tune a car, this topic is about what potential benefits the topic creator can get if he spends money on a used bmw.

And to answer that question, not a whole lot. Atleast this is my opinion, because most girls i want to get attention from, will not be particularly impressed by a old, used BMW. All girls are materialistic at some level, but most of them just don't want to be seen entering\exiting some embarrasingly ugly car.

My car has never gotten me any dates, its definately a plus to have a nice car, just as money is a plus to have in relation to anybody, but its no deal breaker. If you where considering something like a Ferrari, that might have given you some ***** from good looking golddiggers. But your considering a used, old bmw, im afraid to start thinking about how a golddigger which gives it up for a used bmw looks.

Ravenous

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ostepop said:
I can tell you right now, from my personal experience, that even if i put a tiny pathetic 50hp 3 sylinder engine into a Ferrari F430, that Ferrari would leave a much bigger impression than your tuned up and styled up cars can.

Well, hypothetically speaking, if you ever did such an abomination and the girl asked you to stomp on it, you'd be a little bit ****ed.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ostepop-I'm not sayin role model, I'm saying differant things are consider cool in differant places. Out west in cali its imports, down south its american classic, up north its euro lurury.

Ravenous-first my friend like i said, while those are ok #'s for a v8, it also has to do with the weight of the car, the gear ratio, tranny and suspension. The 2007 vette makes average #'s but its beats so many cars on the road because its aerodynamics, weight and gearing. the O.P aint gettin no new m5 for 10 grand! the lt1 f-bodys make lower power and you can also pick a really nice used one for about $5k, what m5 are you gonna get in that price range?

Also muscle cars are a status symbol, to those who know. You can't just walk into a car dealership and say hey I want a 69 plymouth road runner with less than 25k miles. either you gotta have alot or $$$$ or be really good with a wrench.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The new Z07 Vette makes like 600 hp, right? The new Vettes and Vipers are monsters.

GIRLS DO NOT CARE how many hp your car has, unless shes really into cars, guess what? Most girls aren't.

You're right.

If all we cared about was the female element, then a kit car would be perfect:
http://www.kitcars.com/
Somewhere out there is a $10,000 "Ferrari" that chicks would love.

Ostepop

Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone Much cooler said:
Ostepop-I'm not sayin role model, I'm saying differant things are consider cool in differant places. Out west in cali its imports, down south its american classic, up north its euro lurury.
And im saying its ridiculous to base whats "cool" by going with rap music videos.

Having spinning rims on a bentley might be cool your P diddy, not so much if your just your average self driving your toyota.

Whats considered cool? Are you telling me that imports are considered the coolest thing in LA? So why are all the rich people buying european top of the range cars and "only" poor bandwagon kids are tuning up imports?

Further, do you really think that watching rapper music videos is the ultimate place to model fashion?? Do you think GIRLS model fashion from rap stars? I don't know where you come from, but something completely different than rap music is modeling whats "cool" or not, otherwise we would all run around with 15 giant platinum chains and "blinged" out teeth.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1. bible belt is right the new vettes are monsters, no bmw can touch them, they are low 11second cars right off the showroom floor. i am building a mr2 Ferrari kit car. Once again where i'm at, alot of girls like the guys with fast cars and bikes. They love to hang out and watch us race. it all depends on your social circle and who you hold of importance. To the poster, freak the bmw, get a vette!

2. Ostepop-maybe it is ridiculous but alot of people do. Alot of girls like rappers, if no one liked them, they wouldn't be rich enough to afford these very things we are discussing. They sell records cause people like em! I'm sure your aware of how the media influences us. I'm not saying to base what is cool off rap, but usually a generations musicans are who set the fashion and lifestyle trends and standards. Spinning rims on a toyota? WTF r you talking about? I'm talkin about certain types of cars that appeal to certain types of people. No im not saying imports are the coolest thing in CA, but japan isn't to far away, cali is a coast so its good for overseas trade and of course japan has cultural influence. The import scene has some influence on the eastside, but not as much cause it hasn't drifted this far. Where i live there aren't many "fast" imports(asian) and there are even less fast euro cars. Out west that might be another story, go out to St.Louis you will prolly see more restored 60s-70s caddys. Go to Tennesse you will see alot of chevelles, go to cali you will see hondas and nissans.

Ravenous

Don Juan
Reaction score
the new zo6s kill just about everything. they run 7:44 around the nurburgring nordschleif, which beats most production supercars. they're only gonna get better when chevy switches from the single overhead cam setup to the duel overhead setup.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I drive a 95' BMW M3 that came with rims, intake, short shifter and chipped. 160k miles on the b!tch thou. $12k, not a bad car at all. Maintenance sucks but it drives well, hit 145 a few times. dont brag about the car, pick the dates up and their all "omg this is so nice." they eat that sh!t up ha. but it hasnt gotten me any more dates or anything than I did before, its jsut fun.
25mpg, not bad. even at 90mph its still 25mpg haha.

look into it, but if u change your mind look into Audi A4s. they're real nice. prob get a 2001 with high mileage or somethin for a good deal.

CanuckinSK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ostepop said:
How many girls care how much hp your car has? This is what it all comes down to, we are talking about cars in relation to girls. Not your typical mans car talk. Your supra'z and imports may have a 1000 hp, girls dont really care (99% of them anyway).
Woman's criteria for selecting a car:

" Ummm... I really like the shiny red one. It soooo goes with my lipstick and nails."

noirsake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Something that is economical. I'm getting 12-14 MPG in my Mustang GT and it blows. It hauls, but where I live, anything that's fun is at least 25 miles away. Thats a quarter of a tank for me. Get like a V6. They have some HP and get decent gas mileage. Oh and make sure it's a magnet. lol

Garbury

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, I have a 240sx thats turboed and makes about 400 hp at the crank. Its got a non resonated exhaust and is loud as $hit, and sounds insane (no weedwhacker). The body on the car is horrible, like dents everywhere, chipping paint on the bumper, burn marks/soot from the exhaust, front bumper is busted and like falling off a bit. It has wheels and is lowered, but I rarely clean it all up nicely. I tell you what girls look at the car with a "Wtf" look because of the way it sounds but I guarantee I'm not attracting girls with my car. I do still make eye contact with chicks around campus, but its definately not the rice burner.

I get girls all the time and they all hate my car because it makes weird noises and is kind of raw. Bottom line is that it doesn't matter what you drive, if you have game a girl will like you. Chicks who are into your car, are the same chicks that may ditch you for the guy with a nicer car for that sole reason.

hbxdoode

Banned
Reaction score
if you're gonna be spending the same amount on a honda or bimmer, get the honda man! its way better on gas, and lot more reliable, plus its a brand new car as oppose to a used bimmer... obviously for the same price the bimmer is not that great anyhow, unless you have a ferrari then it will make a difference.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My buick is a turboed v6, it does ok on gas high 20's on the highway as long as i stay outta boost. Most women don't love it like they do a vette or a supra, but they will say its nice, its in great shape. Its kinda like comparing a milf to a hot college cheerleader....they are both hot in a differant way.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Garbury said:
I have a 240sx thats turboed and makes about 400 hp at the crank. Its got a non resonated exhaust and is loud as $hit, and sounds insane (no weedwhacker). The body on the car is horrible, like dents everywhere, chipping paint on the bumper, burn marks/soot from the exhaust, front bumper is busted and like falling off a bit.
Hell yeah, give me a rat rod over a poser ride any day. The paint on my Z is not great, but I doubt I will repaint it. Paint is not a go-fast part.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bible belt what Z do you have? I am looking for a clean 280zx turbo, to swap in my grand national motor. Freak paint, as ong as it aint't rotting thru the metal you don't need it. freak a poser ride!!

Charm&Style

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Randallpink83 said:
I actually I disagree... A lot of girls would care about stuff like that. Material girls.

My sister told me how her and some of her girlfriends were at a club and some guy kept hitting on her trying to get her number but she kept blowing him off.
When they left the club that night to get into their car the same guy rolled up in some nice tricked out jeep, and then he said one last "c'mon let me get your number"... she didnt really want to but ALL her friends MADE HER go give it after they saw what he was driving.

I don't think its a deciding factor... I dont drive anything special. But girls DO care about that stuff for the most part... usually the hotter the girl the more wordly and vain... but isnt this common knowledge?
your sis's friends are

g h e t t o

...:crackup: tricked out jeep.

but then again im from socal and drive a Range:eek:

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol I don't know what they are, but I assure it is anything but g h e t t o. Girls in the ghetto like new or of the year luxury cars, not tricked out jeeps.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone Much cooler said:
bible belt what Z do you have? I am looking for a clean 280zx turbo, to swap in my grand national motor. Freak paint, as ong as it aint't rotting thru the metal you don't need it. freak a poser ride!!
Mine is a 91 Twin Turbo 300zx. In it will go an LT1 V8 from a 94 Camaro. With hot cam, 383 stroker kit, trick flow heads and a few other go-fast parts, it should put probably 420-480 hp to the rear wheels, but the torque and the power band is the real benefit of the V8. There is also a twin turbo kit for that LT1 that will add at least a couple hundred hp if I ever want more top end power. If I ever get this car done and start over, I am going to hopefully get an LS1 or Z06 motor and drop it into the earliest Z car I can find, the older the better for weight concerns. With a turbo on a V8, an old Z can run 8's in the quarter mile. That's faster than my Yamaha R1, btw. R1's run 10's and 9's with suspension mods. My V8 300zx should run 11's without a turbo.