benefits of a nice car?

beastmaster79

Don Juan
Reaction score
so i'm about to buy a new car. i was thinking of getting a used bmw becuase i love the way they look and it fits my style. i was also thinking of something more practical like a honda accord. i would spend about the same amount of money regardless. i can get dates with chicks no problem i just have never had my own car. i'm leaning towards the bimmer right now becuase i know it will be a lot more fun. girls isn't the number one deal-breaker but i want to know how it factors in.

is it going to make a huge difference in the chicks i bag if i get a bimmer?

i've never really driven a flashy car in the past so i don't know what to expect. some of you guys have probably had experience with this.

AlexTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
for the flash factor, get the bimmer. But don't forget that not only will you attract girls, you'll also attract more police and high insurance prices, and high gas bills. I'm just putting this out there.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls don't think to themselves "Oooo he's got a nice car I think I'm going to feel attracted to him." So don't be surprised if your success rate doesn't go up at all if you get the BMW.

It's good to have nice things, but just because you have a nice car doesn't mean a girl is going to open her legs up to you.

OregonDuckJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell me...are you going to drive your car into a bar? A bookstore? Any social place?

Do you want women to date you for your car?

The car may increase self-esteem, and it may give a bit of an 'ah' factor, but after that it is on you to get the girl interested in you.

Reaction score
AlexTheGreat said:
for the flash factor, get the bimmer. But don't forget that not only will you attract girls, you'll also attract more police and high insurance prices, and high gas bills. I'm just putting this out there.
why would you attract more cops? its just a car , I heard red cars attract more cops but I have never heard anything about bmw's attracting cops.

AlexTheGreat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
decadentdestruction said:
why would you attract more cops? its just a car , I heard red cars attract more cops but I have never heard anything about bmw's attracting cops.

whether you want it or not, you're gonna drive like a dumbass on your first car. That means you'll drive fast, possibly dangerously, and in a way that otherwise attracts attention. The fact that you drive a flashy bimmer as well isn't a point in your advantage.

The only way a cop won't notice you is if you don't stand out: drive like a granny, drive a silver honda civic with hubcaps. as soon as you drive something different and nice, you're taking heat.

CanuckinSK

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've owned a few sports cars in the past. I didn't get any more dates than when I was driving my old Jeep. I had a Guards Red Porsche 944 a few years ago. It got alot of looks (new paint job, always kept it sparkling clean) but all the compliments on the car I received were from guys, including a cop that pulled me over!

If you have game, a nice car is definately a positive accessory, but I don't think the car will be the deciding factor.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you put a big enough spoiler on the Accord and maybe paint some flames on it, it will be as fast as any BMW... at least in the eyes of the average woman.

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
beastmaster79 said:
so i'm about to buy a new car. i was thinking of getting a used bmw becuase i love the way they look and it fits my style. i was also thinking of something more practical like a honda accord. i would spend about the same amount of money regardless. i can get dates with chicks no problem i just have never had my own car. i'm leaning towards the bimmer right now becuase i know it will be a lot more fun. girls isn't the number one deal-breaker but i want to know how it factors in.

is it going to make a huge difference in the chicks i bag if i get a bimmer?

i've never really driven a flashy car in the past so i don't know what to expect. some of you guys have probably had experience with this.
Take it from me, I used to have an M3, now I've since sold it and drive a regular economy car.

Yes, you will get attention rolling down the street with 20" rims and a really nice bimmer, but think about how much you have to sacrafice. I had to constantly park far out to keep my car from getting scratched, or not even drive it at all. MPG isn't great either. Not that I care much for spending the extra moola on gas, it's just the inconvenience of having to pump once a week that is annoying. Overall, I think having a nice car got too much to my ego. I made too much of a big deal out of it, and it ate me up.

Now I have a nice, new car. It grabs some attention here and there, but not like an M3. I think I'll get an M5 in a year or two when I'm done with school. I think when you're in school it's a pain in the ass to have a nice car since most other students drive and park like idiots.

Overall, unless you have the time to devote to it, it becomes a liability and a hassle. I'd personally rather have some peace of mind.

By the way, as a former bimmer owner, you'll get more attention from guys. Most girls don't know the difference between an M3 and a regular 3-series. I think if you want girls attention with your car, you should get a Mustang or a Porsche. I personally don't like either of those cars, but girls will like it. Even a Mercedes will get you more attention, even though Mercedes are sh*tty compared to BMW (although that's a whole different topic).

CanuckinSK said:
It got alot of looks but all the compliments on the car I received were from guys, including a cop that pulled me over!

If you have game, a nice car is definately a positive accessory, but I don't think the car will be the deciding factor.
Very well said. I had a similar experience.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I drive a pretty sick ass mustang. Its got rims, custom interior, black leather, sounds system, and all the bells and whistles. Chicks dig it for sure. Not to the point where they're ready to blow you on the spot lol! But when you drive a nice ride, I think it subconciously makes the chick think you've got your s.hit together. You know what I mean?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed with cars, you can spend money making it look nice (show) or making it fast (go.) Chicks dig show over go.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I would go with a new Nissan Altima..

Ravenous

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you change your mind about the bimmer, get a wrx. Those cars are tons of fun: great reliability, nice performance, good gas mileage, and all wheel drive.

beastmaster79

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm not buying a new car. i'm gonna buy used and i don't want to spend more than $10,000. i was looking at a 3 series if i were to get the bimmer. i guess an older 3 series isn't too flashy.

i'm not really a car guy or anything but its something i'd consider getting into. i'm liking the input guys. keep it coming. other car recommendations would be appreciated as well.

Reaction score
Nah, get a van or SUV instead, that way you can do your business right in the vehicle with relative ease. (When I say business I"m assuming you are self-employed and am not referring to having sex or anything like that, oh, what is this discussion about again?)

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
Bible_Belt said:
I have noticed with cars, you can spend money making it look nice (show) or making it fast (go.) Chicks dig show over go.
Which is why I wanna hurl everytime I see a honda with a huge spoiler and a fartpipe or an Escalade on 22s... Just screams "poser."