Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Article: Milk: is it good or bad for us?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
milk is ****, you don't catch baby cows suckling on human mother's breasts.

(except in some very specific and graphic websites, not that I'd know about them of course..)

ps - the calcium issue however is a real one if on a high protein diet, all lifters should supplement it.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree about milk, but do you think the same for yogurt, Warboss? I like eating organic yogurt mixed with whey protein, fruit, and walnuts. I imagine the sugar in the yogurt would keep you from eating it?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
I agree about milk, but do you think the same for yogurt, Warboss? I like eating organic yogurt mixed with whey protein, fruit, and walnuts. I imagine the sugar in the yogurt would keep you from eating it?
if it is live culture yogurt then it's fine because the bacteria will help you digest it (ironic you need bacteria to digest lactose huh..) and provide lots of probiotic goodness. I have no issues with yogurt but stuff like milk/cottage cheese gives me terrible stomach trouble..

if you are talking yogurt with added sugar then no, I wouldn't touch it but natural, live culture yogurt is okay, in fact it's good for you. just that it doesn't have enough protein to be a viable source but the way you have it is just fine :)

weirdly enough, large amounts of yogurt USED to give me issues but milk didn't.. now it's the opposite (and has been for years).

D!ck Ramsey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Milk is NOT good for you

1. Milk is food for infant mammals. As adults we have no business drinking it.

2. Milk has been linked to cancer. http://vvv.com/healthnews/milk.html

3. If you must drink it, make sure that its organic and from hormone-free cows. Try to drink even this milk sparingly, remember its made for baby calves!

If you are looking for a decent milk alternative, try almond. Its great with cereal and i dont mind it in my coffee.

If you are worried about not getting enough calcium, eat lots of sesame seeds..pound for pound they contain 14 times more calcium than milk.

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
milk is ****, you don't catch baby cows suckling on human mother's breasts.

That's because a cow can't pin up another animal and proceed to bottle it's milk over a span of time. If it could, I bet it would.

I don't like milk, I'm just saying.

Reaction score
Eat the cereal dry in trail mixes, throwing some peanuts into Raisin Bran is an amazing source of fiber, and it's delicious!

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF!!!
i've always thought milk was very good for you.....
whatttT? someone explain plz?

bigshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
D!ck Ramsey said:
Milk is NOT good for you

3. If you must drink it, make sure that its organic and from hormone-free cows. Try to drink even this milk sparingly, remember its made for baby calves!

If you are looking for a decent milk alternative, try almond. Its great with cereal and i dont mind it in my coffee.

If you are worried about not getting enough calcium, eat lots of sesame seeds..pound for pound they contain 14 times more calcium than milk.
Can u get hormone-free cow's milk? Do they sell it in supermarkets?

Ive had oats milk before and i loved it! I will try rice milk today.

D!ck Ramsey

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigshot said:
Can u get hormone-free cow's milk? Do they sell it in supermarkets?
Yes you can, but not in all supermarkets. Availability depends on where you live. You will probably find it at a health food store, like Whole Foods or something.

As for rice milk, I only use it to make horchata. Its refreshing with spicy foods, but a bit too watery for cereal or coffee. Almond milk has a but more body and a sweet kick to it.

D!ck Ramsey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy Asian said:
WTF!!!
i've always thought milk was very good for you.....
whatttT? someone explain plz?
Thats just brainwashing and advertisement.

In nature milk is only fed to infants. Their digestive systems cant handle solid food yet so milk is the ideal nutrition. You never see adult cows sucking each other off for a good reason!

Aside from the fact that we are not built to drink milk in adulthood (lacking the necessary enzymes to digest properly) Most commercially produced milk is filled with horrible industrial backwash. The cows are hocked up on growth hormones and god knows what else and that sh!t ends up in your milk. Its really bad stuff and has been linked to several serious illnesses including cancer.

Top top it off, milk consumption radically increases your production of mucus, so if you have allergies or a cold, milk is your worst enemy.

I only drink it as a rare treat. Sometimes there is no substitute for fresh baked chocolate chip cookies and a tall glass of (hormone-free) milk.

navyseal2101

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love milk, I drink about 32oz a day of it, whole is my favorite, but mostly 2%, and i'm doing fine...

D!ck Ramsey

Don Juan
Reaction score
navyseal2101 said:
I love milk, I drink about 32oz a day of it, whole is my favorite, but mostly 2%, and i'm doing fine...
You are probably too young to notice any adverse effects.

My aunt drank anywhere from that much a day and got breast cancer shortly after turning 40. She died 3 years afterwards. She didnt smoke or drink. But I'm sure her addiction to junk food didn't help, either

Anyways, if you do drink it, at least make sure its free of all that toxic crap!

Frink'

Don Juan
Reaction score
Calcium is good for us. Unfortunately, the calsium in milk is the "wrong kind". It weakens bones and teeth instead of strenghtening them. Personally -- my acne cleared up when I stopped drinking milk. Many people don't digest it well either. I don't beleve one bit that whey protein and casein protein is as godly as it's reputation makes it out to be. I think its clever marketing and big buissness. But hey - it's a cheap protein source right.