Approaching girls with: "hey you, do you think i'm good looking?"

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
The Line Needs Context

devilkingx2 said:
what if i walk up to cute girls i see around and just ask them that simple question, something like, "hey you [pause to make sure she's listening] do you think i'm good looking?" or "hey, can i ask you a question? [if she says yes] do you think i'm good looking?" something along these lines.

what do you guys think? horrible idea, fantastic idea, derivative idea, etc.
You can't just throw it out and leave it hangin' because

1) The line immediately puts in a supplicant beta faggot role and depending on the inflection in your voice, (coupled with your mannerisms and body language,) the sh*t can come off as needy and search for validation.

That type of line works better if you're hella yoked, dressed to the nine, or you have a wingwoman with you, then you're providing context to it. If you're at the gym or you're wearing some fly sh*t, it makes for an interesting juxtaposition that puts the chick in the position where she has to say yes. By the way, just like they tell attorneys, the same holds true here, never ask a woman a question that you don't know the answer to. In my opinion, you should change the wording to, "I'm not ugly are you." Then you go into some ridiculous story about how you thought you were a homophobe, but to conquer your homophobia you went to fag bar with some female friends. Not only did you discover that you're not a homophobe, but you felt kinda sad that none of the fags or tranny freaks tried to hit on you. Now you'll quickly clear that sh*t up, but by then you should have some rapport going.

devilkingx2 said:
EDIT: probably should've remembered to mention that i plan to do this mostly on and around a college campus that i attend(has like 20,000 people or something and is a manhattan commuter college), i just started attending so i barely know anyone and don't really have any friends(hence the cold approaching as opposed to social circles)
You go to BMCC? Anyway, dude. Chicks in college are approach because you have one thing in common, and that is school. So you're openers should be about school. Tell me about professor so and so. What are the cool clubs to join? Where can I get that English book for free? What's your major? How do I get to x, y, z building? Can you help me with calculus? etc.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shark had something on communication and the such in his book. He said that research has found that what you say has very little to do with anything. Something like what you say has to do with 8% or something like that (under 10% I'm certain of) while 37% was HOW you said it and the other 55% is your body language when you say it.

Say it however you want. Sunglasses may or may not help as they keep an aura of mystery, however eye contact is more intense and can amplify any effect depending if your facial expression(s) and whatnot.

:-)

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last of the Alphas said:
We're evolutionarily hardwired to do what we're commanded to do.

She'll love it.
Cool. Why don't you stfu then and stop trying to convince everyone you're an alpha you beta puzzy.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:-) said:
Cool. Why don't you stfu then and stop trying to convince everyone you're an alpha you beta puzzy.
Why don't you follow through with what you promised and stop posting under your account? You know, man up and abide by what you said. Is that asking too much of you?

yun-j

Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
Again:

It matters not what you say, but HOW you say it.

I have gotten away with "BOO" before. Play on her unconscious mind, not conscious: the sub-communications and covert dynamics at play. You do this by painting a picture of your prizability with the calmness (which is construed as indifference) and volatility (which is construed as IDGAF) of your voice and confidence in your delivery, not so much your words.

Words come into play more significantly once you have already established your opinions of each other.
One dude that kmows what he is talking about.

om1xr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
guru1000 said:
Again:

It matters not what you say, but HOW you say it.

I have gotten away with "BOO" before. Play on her unconscious mind, not conscious: the sub-communications and covert dynamics at play. You do this by painting a picture of your prizability with the calmness (which is construed as indifference) and volatility (which is construed as IDGAF) of your voice and confidence in your delivery, not so much your words.

Words come into play more significantly once you have already established your opinions of each other.
This is what you should work on. cold approaches is all about body language and your mindset and how you feel about yourself at that moment.

most people out their are insecure and will melt in front of a true confident man who is going after what he wants with no fvcks given.

So improve yourself and see if you cab truly love yourself and feel good about yourself and the confidence will come and cold approaches will be fun instead of using a trick like this as an opener.
OP you mentioned that getting a text back in the problem not the numbers! what are your texts examples? I know that replying depends on the girls interest level and her options and sh!t but you need to learn how to send texts that irritate people and make them curious and eventually respond.

again what you text for example? it may be a problem?

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Hey do you think im good looking?" ....

This line would work only for the few and here's why...

If you are a good looking guy, it may come off as "This guy is full of himself". Knowing most truly good looking guys are in a way full of themselves but its not a bad thing because they have validation all the time. I'm one of them, I would never use this.

If your on the other side of the coin, Not good looking, You would come off as weird and/or the girl may pause and look at you then give an eh type of response like "hmm, yea ur kinda cute hehe" Which is a Bullsh!t.

The way this could work is if you have a comical personality and work it towards something else but even then, I dont think this will come off as great.

For the most part, I still say take it old school and bring it all out on the table. In other words, if you like the girl and want to see how it goes with her, Go straight up to her and simply say "Hey, Whats your name? I think your really beautiful and wanted to come talk to you". Straight to the point. I know its easier said than done but thats how i would do it and have done it. Landing 8's and 9's this way.

FknSavage

Banned
Reaction score
(I'm devilkingx2's other account. after scouring the rules to make sure having more than one account was okay i jumped at the chance to take this new cool account name i thought of, ima start using it sometimes across the internet, like here, when i hit the post limit.)

hockeyfreak79 said:
Sounds insecure to me, imo DJ'S should display confidence not seek out approval based off looks.
I think the point is to determine which girls think you're cute(so you can hit on them), not determine your overall attractiveness through the validation of strangers(though that'll end up happening anyway most likely. it'll either be spirit crushing or inflate an ego.)

Bible_Belt said:
You need to have prepared a response to the question, "Why are you asking me that question?"

I would say "I can tell you after you answer the question."

After she says yes or no, take a small notebook out of your pocket and make a mark in a yes/no/idk column. Then tell her it is for a research project. There actually are a lot of sociology-type experiments that do things like this. A good researcher would not want the subject knowing they were part of the research before they responded, lest it bias their answer. If she asks what class it is for, tell her you are working with a professor at another college on a project.

It could work as a good one-two combination. First you look like you're hitting on the girl. Then suddenly you're not; you're just using her for class purposes. That will rock her defenses for a moment.
the first part is genius, definitely something to consider.

the second part seems imo pointless. if she says you're good looking then there's no need to pretend to not be hitting on her, if she says you're not then who cares what happens, no need to talk to her anymore.

Maximus Rex said:
You can't just throw it out and leave it hangin' because

1) The line immediately puts in a supplicant beta faggot role and depending on the inflection in your voice, (coupled with your mannerisms and body language,) the sh*t can come off as needy and search for validation.

2)You go to BMCC? Anyway, dude. Chicks in college are approach because you have one thing in common, and that is school. So you're openers should be about school. Tell me about professor so and so. What are the cool clubs to join? Where can I get that English book for free? What's your major? How do I get to x, y, z building? Can you help me with calculus? etc.
1) weird that everyone seems to think that. i don't get why.

2) that says commuter not community, meaning that most people travel to campus as opposed to dorming (though not necessarily excluding there being a possibility of dorming there.)

also i'm in such a high math class that no one could ever help me with it... i'm quite a bit too good at schoolwork to ask for help(and far too prideful, I'm like vegeta that way.),

funny story, whenever i ask a girl what her major is she almost always says "biology" there sure are a looooot of bio majors at my school. the club thing is a good idea, i need to find clubs to join, i need friends.

Last edited:

WorkHardPlayHard

Don Juan
Reaction score
Worst idea ever. If you're actually good looking you come off as a douchey. If you're anything less you come off as pathetic. I forbid you to do that.

FknSavage

Banned
Reaction score
it occurred to me that there's an inverse correlation between the boldness of your game and the required anonimity to pull it off.

as in, the more bold your game is, the more you need to make sure you won't be seeing the girls around. normal indirect stuff is perfect for clubs(like, school clubs.) and social circle and classmates, but now that i'm getting a little bolder i can only cold approach random girls i'll never see again around campus.

Last of the Alphas said:
You'd be better off, much better, with "You! (point at her) Come here."

We're evolutionarily hardwired to do what we're commanded to do.

She'll love it.
somehow, someway, i don't think that's a good idea. it might work, she may come, but uh, i feel like she'd be pretty weirded out if you did that. (one friend of mine actually joked that he talks to random girls like that, and the girl(friend of ours) who was there at the time said she'd think it was weird and wouldn't go... although now she's dating the guy who said that so who knows.)

om1xr said:
So improve yourself and see if you cab truly love yourself and feel good about yourself and the confidence will come and cold approaches will be fun instead of using a trick like this as an opener.
cold approaches are only fun when there's a gimmick attached lol. when i first started doing it and i gained a rep amongst my former High School peers (I'm ironically known as somewhat of a DJ despite not doing all that well with girls because everyone sees me flirt all the time)

anyway, when i first started doing it, i had a little pocket sized bible(new testament only) and i would go up to girls like a jehovah's witness "do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior jesus christ?" of course almost all of them said no. (the only one who said yes actually lead to my most embarassing rejection ever, but that's another story. ) but it was a surprisingly epic ice breaker and me and my friends found it really funny whenever i used it on a girl. i got a hot girl's number at a college i used to hang out at all the time(Queens College), she never texted back as my player friend predicted, but he was surprised i even get the number in the first place(as was I.)

and now a year later, i have a brand new gimmick! took me a while to come up with a good one... i think i used another good one before this and after the bible thing, but i can't remember what it was right now...

my friends had suggested i ask to take pics with girls and pretend to be from humans of NY or to be doing something similar(it's a facebook/social media thing) but meh, never got around to that one.

om1xr said:
OP you mentioned that getting a text back in the problem not the numbers! what are your texts examples? I know that replying depends on the girls interest level and her options and sh!t but you need to learn how to send texts that irritate people and make them curious and eventually respond.

again what you text for example? it may be a problem?
ever since the very beginning i thought getting numbers was really easy, i was surprised that it was a big deal to anyone since girls hand them out like candy. little did i realize that they're meaningless because many girls won't even reply(granted, i have a habit of only texting once and deleting the number if they don't reply, which some may think is too hasty, i think it's fair)

though i've always struggled with a good opener, even with my cold approaches, "hi" is too boring and it's hard to start with a good joke with exactly 0 context(can you think of a joke that starts a conversation that works in any or many contexts but isn't well known and obviously copied off the internet? neither can I).

anyway to answer the question, i either say "hey wassup" or ask a random question("ever seen the movie 300?" <-- my favorite movie ever or "what was the homework in class for tonight, i wasn't listening" (when i had a college class in high school and was chatting up all the college girls i could, this was the time frame of the bible thing)) or i try to make a joke (which usually ends up lame AF because of aforementioned problems with thinking up context free jokes.)

i'm very good once the conversation starts though.

In2theGame said:
1) The way this could work is if you have a comical personality and work it towards something else but even then, I dont think this will come off as great.

2) For the most part, I still say take it old school and bring it all out on the table. In other words, if you like the girl and want to see how it goes with her, Go straight up to her and simply say "Hey, Whats your name? I think your really beautiful and wanted to come talk to you". Straight to the point. I know its easier said than done but thats how i would do it and have done it. Landing 8's and 9's this way.
1. I actually do have a rather comical and never serious personality, one time when cold approaching a girl she was like "so why did you decide to come sit with me" and let me just tell you im black, ethnically jamaican so this next joke makes sense. my response was: "well it's pretty sunny here at this table i was hoping to work on my tan"

that joke fell flat, she said something like "that's not very believable" in a tone that implies she thought i was serious but didn't believe me... not the brightest girl out there lmao. (we were indoors in a lunchroom btw)

2. that's waaaaaaaaaay too bold and forward to be my style. even the OP is pushing it a little, im more of a fan of indirect, this'll be my first direct game/opener.

it's also not at all funny or wacky. unlike... most of the other things i'll say(my jokes are my strength, i'm pretty smart too but girls don't care about that mostly).

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
A man should never directly ask a woman if she thinks he is good looking. Either she will tell you or (in some cases being C+F) you can tell her, but never ask a woman for validation. Other women already told you so you know, remember? When a girl likes you it will be painfully obvious. She will say "You have nice eyes" or "You are very attractive" or something. She will hold eye contact. She will answer "Yes" when you ask "Are you single?" even when it's a lie. She will write her number down upon being instructed to. Then, a girl will take cues from you on how attractive you are by observing your confidence through a series of tests (over months or years). Remember, worst case, you will go see your other girl instead, so you should never get too upset at her rejecting you. By boldly risking rejection, by implying (versus directly saying) "I confess that I want you and now I grant you the right to decide", it will increase her attraction. Likewise, by fearing rejection and not seizing opportunities, she will lose interest. Venus favors the bold.

FknSavage

Banned
Reaction score
bigneil said:
A man should never directly ask a woman if she thinks he is good looking. Either they will tell you or (in some cases being C+F) you can tell them, but never ask a woman for validation. Other women already told you so you know, remember? When a girl likes you it will be painfully obvious. She will say "You have nice eyes" or "You are very attractive" or something. She will hold eye contact. She will answer "Yes" when you ask "Are you single?" even when it's a lie. She will write her number down upon being instructed to. Then, a girl will take cues from you on how attractive you are by observing your confidence through a series of tests (over months or years). Remember, worst case, you will go see your other girl instead, so you should never get too upset at her rejecting you. By boldly risking rejection, by implying (versus directly saying) "I confess that I want you and now I grant you the right to decide", it will increase her attraction. Likewise, by fearing rejection and not seizing opportunities, she will lose interest. Venus favors the bold.
yeah i see your point, i'd never want to ask just for the sake of knowing. but the point of this isn't quite to be validated, the point is just to see what she responds with. it basically lets you know right from the opener if you should proceed with talking to her or not.

like, you want her to say that you're attractive, not because you need to hear her say you're attractive, but rather, because if she thinks you're attractive, regardless of whether you are or not, that gives you a good shot to get her(and of course, if she admits it, that probably means she wants to be gotten), if she thinks you're ugly, it doesn't mean you're ugly, it just means you probably don't have much of a chance picking this girl up and she isn't the least bit interested

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like it because it instantly weeds out the low interest women.

If she is high interest she will play along

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
UPDATE: okay guys, as of today, like 10 mins ago, I tried it for the first time. I'm in a harlem mcdonalds typing this.

Me: hey you [pause] hello
Her: hello
Me: can I ask you a question?
Her: uhh sure I guess
Me: do you think Im good looking? [I think I smiled, mainly because I almost laughed]
Her: [smiles, I don't think it was the laughter kind of smile, just a legit smile] why are you asking me that?
Me: you know, you're not supposed to answer a question with a question
Her: why not?
Me: idk. I just heard that. [Pause] it's impolite
Me: tell you what, I'll answer yours if you answer mine
Her: but I didn't ask you a question
Me: yes you did, "why are you asking me that"
Her: oh... that was rhetorical
Me: oh good so I don't have to answer it, but you still gotta answer mine
Her: [smiles again] I cant, I gotta go home [she turns to walk up to the entrance of a building we were walking past and makes like she's going to open the door] bye
Me: [keeps walking and looks back at her] awwww, you're breaking my heart [i make a heart break hand gesture then turn back around and keep walking, I think she was smiling but I'm not sure]

I think that would've went well if I had more time to talk to her. She was a latina, college age, walking down a street in harlem, I was walking next to her, I thought she was hot but I figure you guys would have higher standards and call her a solid HB7

Last edited:

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bump