Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Approaching girls with: "hey you, do you think i'm good looking?"

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so i've been thinking about my cold approaches and thinking of ways to improve it and spice it up over this weekend(while using the weekend itself to rest at home) and this idea just suddenly hit me,

what if i walk up to cute girls i see around and just ask them that simple question, something like, "hey you [pause to make sure she's listening] do you think i'm good looking?" or "hey, can i ask you a question? [if she says yes] do you think i'm good looking?" something along these lines.

obviously if she says no then i'll just go "that's a shame" or something and bid her adieu, and if she says anything else i'll chat her up for a bit.

what do you guys think? horrible idea, fantastic idea, derivative idea, etc.

oh and i'll probably do this on tuesday or wednesday (if i do it), wearing sunglasses (approaches are easier in sunglasses really.)

EDIT: probably should've remembered to mention that i plan to do this mostly on and around a college campus that i attend(has like 20,000 people or something and is a manhattan commuter college), i just started attending so i barely know anyone and don't really have any friends(hence the cold approaching as opposed to social circles)

EDIT2: I tried it out once so far guys! Check page 2 for my results. I think it almost went well.

Last edited:

HeadLightsOn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont wear sunglasses. The eyes are the window to the soul, as they say. Women will want to see your eyes to give their opinion.

Good idea, would be interesting to hear your results.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont think this is gonna get you very far

9 out of 10 women will say "sorry i have a boyfreind"

simply to get rid of you as quickly as possible

cold approachs are old ......women dont generally like being approached by random dudes in the middle of the day

work on your social circles and take your game to them

you will get better results

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know... I actually kind of like the ballsy approach. But my first thought is that it seams like approval seaking behavior. What do YOU think of ME.

You have to be prepared for a great comback if she says something negative. Like "I think you're ugly." You have to be ready to smile and say something like "Great, then I'll be the best ugly guy you've ever met."

I never going into an interation with anyone looking for any kind of approval from them. I always go in with the mindset that I'm awesome and of course any woman I met is going to be interested in me.

JohnyTheArrow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bingo-Player said:
i dont think this is gonna get you very far

9 out of 10 women will say "sorry i have a boyfreind"

simply to get rid of you as quickly as possible

cold approachs are old ......women dont generally like being approached by random dudes in the middle of the day

work on your social circles and take your game to them

you will get better results
Yup.Cold aproach in 2015 means you have zero social circle and online passive pvssu stream, it shows low value and desperation.You must make cold aproach not to look like aproach.Ask about directions or something like that, you can't be so obvious in your intentions.You need to have friendly social guy vibe not hit-or-miss robotic pua.

Reservoir Dog

Don Juan
Reaction score
That approach is likely to make you come across as slightly weird. If I see a girl I like I don't say anything instead I'll accidentally on purpose bump into her causing her to say the first words. Another good trick I use is the old 'walking in each other's path' trick - where she is walking towards me she moves to evade me and I'll move in the same direction forcing her to evade again and me to follow until we literally bump into each other. Not a word spoken but it always causes her to smile and say the first words. Try it yourself and see what results you get.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HeadLightsOn said:
Dont wear sunglasses. The eyes are the window to the soul, as they say. Women will want to see your eyes to give their opinion.

Good idea, would be interesting to hear your results.
well for one thing I think I(and most people) look better in sunglasses.

for another I think I'd rather do this without my eyes in the equation, personally i think having to worry about what i'm looking at and my facial expression will do more more bad than good for me, especially while doing something super ballsy.

RangerMIke said:
I don't know... I actually kind of like the ballsy approach. But my first thought is that it seams like approval seaking behavior. What do YOU think of ME.

You have to be prepared for a great comback if she says something negative. Like "I think you're ugly." You have to be ready to smile and say something like "Great, then I'll be the best ugly guy you've ever met."

I never going into an interation with anyone looking for any kind of approval from them. I always go in with the mindset that I'm awesome and of course any woman I met is going to be interested in me.
it's merely a simple question i think. nothing to read to much into as long as i don't make the rest of the convo sound like approval seeking

any ideas for good comebacks? not that it really matters because i won't talk to a girl who calls me ugly to my face for very long

i'm not sure if i have any particular mindset when i approach, i just force myself to say hi if i see a good opportunity with a pretty girl who's alone and not particularly busy

Ruler said:
Was going to say what Mike said.

Asking women what they think of you sounds like a dog running around begging for food, maximizing his cuteness to get that treat.

It's better to just build a very connected conversation. And you're going to have to do a lot of cold approaching for that to be a thing. Keep doing something that will build rapport. Or just be flat out funny, that helps.
a lot of my cold approaches have lead to conversation, that's easy af. getting numbers has always been really easy too, from even the very beginning. it's getting that text back that's always been nearly impossible.

I'm also usually pretty funny lol.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I kind of like this approach, for this reason: If you get a positive reaction, then you get a confidence boost because then you have girls telling you that you're good looking. Mind you, I'm not saying you'll get laid using it. Don't like the sunglasses thing, because it kind of nullifies the effect, you're hiding and not letting her see how you really look.

Agree with RangerMike, you might get sh!t tested or worse "You're ugly".

Also agree with others that it probably isn't really a good idea because it's not a very natural approach. It also sounds kind of approval seeking, but who gives a sh!t, really?

I'd like to see a good sample size of reactions to this.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh guys, i just made an edit to the OP that is kinda important that i forgot about(it was like 6am my time when i posted the OP lol)

"EDIT: probably should've remembered to mention that i plan to do this mostly on and around a college campus that i attend(has like 20,000 people or something and is a manhattan commuter college), i just started attending so i barely know anyone and don't really have any friends(hence the cold approaching as opposed to social circles)"

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems too direct. I've always found indirect openers are the best.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
I kind of like this approach, for this reason: If you get a positive reaction, then you get a confidence boost because then you have girls telling you that you're good looking. Mind you, I'm not saying you'll get laid using it. Don't like the sunglasses thing, because it kind of nullifies the effect, you're hiding and not letting her see how you really look.

Agree with RangerMike, you might get sh!t tested or worse "You're ugly".

Also agree with others that it probably isn't really a good idea because it's not a very natural approach. It also sounds kind of approval seeking, but who gives a sh!t, really?

I'd like to see a good sample size of reactions to this.
if she thinks i'm good looking then it's on me to get laid and if i don't it's probably a game failure.

there's the off chance she'll want me to take the glasses off, which i would do. most likely she won't think it makes a big difference(it doesn't, except the difference it does make is positive in terms of looks so that works for me), also im black she'll know i have brown eyes without having to see them lol.

what kinds of sh!t test do you think i'll run into? tell me any you can think of so i can try to prepare.

lmao if she just goes "you're ugly" either she really doesn't like me and i'd be wasting my time or she's a total b!tch and i wouldn't want to know her(there are nicer ways to say that lol, if she says that she's basically TRYING to piss you off).

as for the unnatural, i think it sounds like something you'd do for a hidden camera youtube video, so maybe i saw vitalyz or simplepickup or rsd do something similar and accidentally copied them.

i'll try it out i think and report back the results, though if it goes particularly badly i probably won't come back here and we'll just forget about this whole thing.

SamTheHobit said:
Seems too direct. I've always found indirect openers are the best.
agreed. but i've never really tried a direct opener, so for all i know it was merely cowardice that made me prefer indirect.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's only OK for practicing and warming up.

Ruler said:
Asking women what they think of you sounds like a dog running around begging for food, maximizing his cuteness to get that treat.
lol:(

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is a youtube video with that opener:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTuBf4BrIgE

The idea on this video is to get a kiss-close right away. Obviously, if the girl makes out with you on the spot, she'll probably give you her number afterwards.

1) Am I attractive?

2) Do you have a boyfriend?

3) What is your excuse not to kiss me right now?

-- if she hesitates, go forward and kiss her ---

Again, it may be one of those "your mileage may vary depending on your looks and the girl's preference".

There is always a youtube video out there that will torpedo the naysayers on this thread that think you need a solid social social or good internet presence.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh... guess i did jack it from vitalyz. whoops.

one thing is that the video is edited so we have no idea if he approached a dozen girls or 1000 girls over the course of a year or something.

and also, im not a tall muscular accented russian guy, im an average height average build black guy who talks like any other new yorker

still gonna try it though. (probably not gonna try the kiss close, that's way too much for me)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to have prepared a response to the question, "Why are you asking me that question?"

I would say "I can tell you after you answer the question."

After she says yes or no, take a small notebook out of your pocket and make a mark in a yes/no/idk column. Then tell her it is for a research project. There actually are a lot of sociology-type experiments that do things like this. A good researcher would not want the subject knowing they were part of the research before they responded, lest it bias their answer. If she asks what class it is for, tell her you are working with a professor at another college on a project.

It could work as a good one-two combination. First you look like you're hitting on the girl. Then suddenly you're not; you're just using her for class purposes. That will rock her defenses for a moment.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds insecure to me, imo DJ'S should display confidence not seek out approval based off looks.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think it would create a frame in which I would be comfortable, but to each his own...it also depends what kind of guy are you.

It would make you look "creepy" if you are below average, obnoxious if you're average, could work if you're above average and ****y if you're goodlooking.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again:

It matters not what you say, but HOW you say it.

I have gotten away with "BOO" before. Play on her unconscious mind, not conscious: the sub-communications and covert dynamics at play. You do this by painting a picture of your prizability with the calmness (which is construed as indifference) and volatility (which is construed as IDGAF) of your voice and confidence in your delivery, not so much your words.

Words come into play more significantly once you have already established your opinions of each other.

ChalengeGuyFan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How'bout this: forget about our opinions and go try it 100 times. You will then know if it works or not. And tell us the results. ;)